• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calpain

OMG Aero said:
I'm really sorry Tiff and Calpain

No problem, Aero! Thanks for taking us into consideration though. And who knows, the experiment might not take as long as I think or I could terribly botch it and have nothing else to do for the evening except the Synchtube.

If I really can't make it have fun everyone and don't start a pony war over Fall Weather Friends.:p

Songbird

Prodigal Son
OMG Aero said:
I'm really sorry Tiff and Calpain but unless there are more people who can't make it, this week's Synchtube is going to be tonight at midnight BST. If it's any consolation, I'll put the playlist on the second room as soon as it finishes so you can watch the same episodes and fan videos when you want and regardless of whether I have the internet back or not, next week's Synchtube will be at the normal time on Saturday night if someone else can cover for me.
I've been up all night but I'll try and be there tonight at midnight for some laughs. Might even get dinner for then...

Last weekend I didn't have the energy or patience for synctube.

tiff

Banned
Jintor said:
One day I'll find a decently translated visual novel that isn't Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick or 999
What do you mean by decently? It's not like those are the only professionally translated VNs out there.

OMG Aero

DeadPhoenix said:
On that note... with TF2 being free now, anyone know where to go some good pony mods for it(or even just generally useful mods, especially one that makes it run faster on shit computers)?
This page has a ton of pony mods: http://ubergaming.net/forums/index.php?/topic/309-tf2-skins-general/
Right now I'm using the Celestia and Luna intel replacements and the Fluttershy replacement for the Medic's heal beam.

If you are new to TF2, you might want to have a look at the pony steam group, they have their own TF2 servers that are pretty fun to play on since people occasionally play pony music on them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Talk about giving someone butterflies in their stomachs XD

And of course - Pinkie is pro-toothbrushing because it means better teeth meaning more sugar-munching!

tiff

Banned
Jintor said:
"decently" = "I like it"

has not yet happened
Ah, well. I bought Demonbane and Da Capo a few months ago but I haven't got around to playing them yet. If they're any good I'll let you know.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
How About No said:
Team Fortress 2: Had since 2008

Total Playtime: 30 minutes

:(
Perhaps me and Aero can convince some of you lot to play with us? Gaf has its own server but it's frequently full.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Thnikkaman said:
Perhaps me and Aero can convince some of you lot to play with us? Gaf has its own server but it's frequently full.

Good to see a change of heart in you, good ser.

And I would love to play with some fellow Pony-GAFers.

steamid: ahoyhoy

Songbird

Prodigal Son
ahoyhoy said:

Humph. Some friends who are just as inexperienced as I am might make it tolerable...

;)

ahoyhoy said:

I'm not sure that's you if you've been offline for 52 days?

Bakphoon

How About No said:
Team Fortress 2: Had since 2008

Total Playtime: 30 minutes

:(

Hey, same for me...
I'll install TF2 (or whole orange box) again only because of the Pony mods.

Steam ID: gruulmaster

BIG FAT EDIT: tinychats are working for me again.
Tinychat IS SO RANDOM!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Steam ID: Myke_Greywolf

I've had TF2 for a long time, but I never bothered getting any good at it, so I suck. If you ever play me, be gentle.

Jintor said:
One day I'll find a decently translated visual novel that isn't Ace Attorney, Ghost Trick or 999

Negator said:
I've only played Fate/Stay Night (and I guess Phoenix Wright) and I didn't see any problems with the translation.

If you don't mind the anime artstyle then I'd recommend checking out Clannad or Air's fan translations. IIRC the version of Air that got translated is the standard one with the H-Scenes in it, but they are skipable and not important to the plot - in fact there are many versions of the game with them completely removed. I love Key's work, the animes for these two were good and the games even better IMO.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I've been meaning to play Team Fortress 2 again, haven't played in close to a year besides just recently. I'll play with the lot of you given the chance.

ID: n8bitman

KtSlime

AdawgDaFAB said:
If you don't mind the anime artstyle then I'd recommend checking out Clannad or Air's fan translations. IIRC the version of Air that got translated is the standard one with the H-Scenes in it, but they are skipable and not important to the plot - in fact there are many versions of the game with them completely removed. I love Key's work, the animes for these two were good and the games even better IMO.

Air's anime and gekijyouban are too sad, I can only imagine how sad the eroge is, it's way to early in the morning to be remembering it right now. Thanks. =( 泣

Air taught me that Japanese girls that wear things over their wrists are probably girls that have attempted suicide. *sigh*

PS: I also like Key's artwork, but as of late it has started to feel dated, like they are stuck in 2004 or something.

ivedoneyourmom said:
Air's anime and gekijyouban are too sad, I can only imagine how sad the eroge is, it's way to early in the morning to be remembering it right now. Thanks. =( 泣

Air taught me that Japanese girls that wear things over their wrists are probably girls that have attempted suicide. *sigh*

PS: I also like Key's artwork, but as of late it has started to feel dated, like they are stuck in 2004 or something.

I'm sorry, I didn't intend to do that,
Gao
. As emotionally powerful / impactful as the end of some of the character's stories in the anime were, they are even moreso in the game. For me personally I don't look back at them as sad tho. If I were to think of a similar series / game that is truly depressing, it would have to be Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Now THAT is what I would call sad / depressing.

KtSlime

AdawgDaFAB said:
I'm sorry, I didn't intend to do that,
Gao
. As emotionally powerful / impactful as the end of some of the character's stories in the anime were, they are even moreso in the game. For me personally I don't look back at them as sad tho. If I were to think of a similar series / game that is truly depressing, it would have to be Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Now THAT is what I would call sad / depressing.

Bah! Now you have me thinking of Kimi ga nozomu eien, curse you! Next you are going to say School Days, ah shit...
angry.gif
angry.gif

*I actually like sad anime, but School Days isn't even sad, it's just sick. LOL

OMG Aero

Since so many people posted their Steam accounts, do you guys fancy trying TF2 tonight? Like right before or after the Synchtube? I've added everyone whose posted in the thread so far and we easily have enough for a PonyGAF only game if we find an empty server.

Ark

My Steam ID is 'The Concierge'.

I've barely played TF2 at all, although that's mostly because it takes my iMac light years to load a server...But I'd be up for some games, just need a time! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom