• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuffyZoro

So basically the pony Illuminati?

mylittleponey.jpg

Link Man

Banned
Was only the second episode. How was Celestia to know Twilight's friends well enough to know if they wanted to go or not.

It was the third episode, and Celestia was there after they activated the Elements of Harmony through the power of friendship to defeat Nightmare Moon.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
It was the third episode, and Celestia was there after they activated the Elements of Harmony through the power of friendship to defeat Nightmare Moon.

No, she wasn't there.

She was hiding behind the curtain, laughing silently to herself whilst plotting her next scheme to mess with her "favorite pupil"

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

She didn't know their personalities, or if they wanted to go. Those two tickets were almost certainly intended for Twilight and Spike.

McNum

But the Grand Galloping Gala usually is dreadfully boring. Twilight's invitation was even a form letter. It started with "Hear ye! Hear ye!" not "To my faithful student Twilight Sparkle." Of course the honored student of Princess Celestia would be invited as a matter of protocol.

It wasn't until Twilight sent the tickets back that Celestia even became aware of it. And then she hatched a plan to make the Grand Galloping Gala a little more interesting and sent back seven tickets. And it went horribly right. The Gala most certainly wasn't boring. Destructive and scandalous, yes, but not boring.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
She didn't know their personalities, or if they wanted to go. Those two tickets were almost certainly intended for Twilight and Spike.

So she didn't take the time to have a chat with Twilight and her new friends after they banished evil from the land and returned to Celestia her only sister?

Man, there must have been some crazy crisis going on in Fillydelphia or something.

Razek

Banned
It's not like they all happened to become friends by chance; the perfect number with the perfect personalities to match the elements of harmony.

She knew.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So she didn't take the time to have a chat with Twilight and her new friends after they banished evil from the land and returned to Celestia her only sister?

Man, there must have been some crazy crisis going on in Fillydelphia or something.

Maybe Celestia wanted to spend time with her sister that she hadn't seen in 1000 years.

It's not like they all happened to become friends by chance; the perfect number with the perfect personalities to match the elements of harmony.

She knew.

Was more a lucky guess on Celestia's part. She probably could have defeated NMM again, with or without the Elements. But her main concern actually wasn't defeating NMM. Celestia wanted her sister back. Celestia knew that handing NMM her flank again in a fight would likely only deepen the resentment. Someone else had to defeat NMM if Luna was going to accept forgiveness from her sister.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Celestia wanted to spend time with her sister that she hadn't seen in 1000 years.

You mean hurry her back to Canterlot so she can't become resocialized?

I wonder how long it took Celestia to learn the names of all of Twlight's friends? First time I remember her referencing them by name at all is when she sends out the invitations to the Wedding. Sure, she got letters from them from time to time starting in Season 2, but could she put faces to names?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I wonder how long it took Celestia to learn the names of all of Twlight's friends? First time I remember her referencing them by name at all is when she sends out the invitations to the Wedding. Sure, she got letters from them from time to time starting in Season 2, but could she put faces to names?

She recognized Fluttershy in Bird in the hoof and had an... interaction... with Pinkie Pie. She also addressed Rainbow Dash and Rarity personally in Sonic Rainboom. Applejack in Fall Weather Friends.

McNum

Some time before "The Return of Harmony", I'd think. Probably by "A Bird in the Hoof". Remember, she had a giant stained glass window made with the the six wielders of the Elements of Harmony on it. She probably knew their names to commission that. When she came to Ponyville in "A Bird in the Hoof", I would not be surprised if part of the purpose of her visit was to get to know the mane six a little better. She had read up on Fluttershy, knowing that she cared for animals, for instance.

And, of course, by Season 2, they all send her letters now, so by now, she knows them all.

Razek

Banned
Was more a lucky guess on Celestia's part. She probably could have defeated NMM again, with or without the Elements. But her main concern actually wasn't defeating NMM. Celestia wanted her sister back. Celestia knew that handing NMM her flank again in a fight would likely only deepen the resentment. Someone else had to defeat NMM if Luna was going to accept forgiveness from her sister.

There is absolutely no doubt she could have defeated her again. It was indeed her master plan to find 6 suitable users of the elements of harmony to defeat Luna in a different manner. She had known that day was coming for 1000 years when NMM would return and had been preparing Twilight for it. For how long I'm not sure, it could have been from the very moment she saw Twilight's hidden power, or even before that.

For all we know, she might even be behind the sonic rainboom cutie mark reveal of the main cast.

There is no way it was a 'lucky guess'. So she just banked on a guess to save Equestria and if that shot in a trillion failed, then what?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
There is absolutely no doubt she could have defeated her again. It was indeed her master plan to find 6 suitable users of the elements of harmony to defeat Luna in a different manner. She had known that day was coming for 1000 years when NMM would return and had been preparing Twilight for it. For how long I'm not sure, it could have been from the very moment she saw Twilight's hidden power, or even before that.

For all we know, she might even be behind the sonic rainboom cutie mark reveal of the main cast.

There is no way it was a 'lucky guess'. So she just banked on a guess to save Equestria and if that shot in a trillion failed, then what?

It wasn't a one in a trillion shot to save Equestria. Like you say, she could have just defeated NMM again. It was a one in a trillion shot to save Luna.

Razek

Banned
It wasn't a one in a trillion shot to save Equestria. Like you say, she could have just defeated NMM again. It was a one in a trillion shot to save Luna.

That's as far as our theories can go since neither of us knows where Celestia is during the ordeal, be it captivity or hiding.

Edit:
Since when did deviant art become a breeding ground for Season 3 spoilers. I don't think I will be visiting there again until after the show airs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom