• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wonder if the VA had a tough time with Luna and maybe they thought it would be way to obvious it was the same VA as Rarity.

Snaku

Banned
Koomaster said:
Princess Luna more than made up for it though. This is the best episode ever; and I think this Luna is my favorite pony! :D

1WxDt.gif

THIS EPISODE WE THINKETH WAS MOST SUPERB. WE ENJOYED LUNA'S PERSONALITY AND HOW SHE CAN TRANSFORM INTO NIGHTMARE MOON ON A WHIM.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT WEEKS EPISODE.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Muahahaha. Pages and pages of fanfiction and hundreds of comics have been burned to cinders.

Really good episode. Luna is so much fun to watch. I hope she comes back soon.
As for the lack of Rarity, at least the next episode will have plenty of her... in two weeks. Damn it!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Watching this again, it's no wonder they kept Rarity away. There was little attempt to change the voice. It's just Rarity speaking in stereotypical Royal English.

BatDan said:
Muahahaha. Pages and pages of fanfiction and hundreds of comics have been burned to cinders.

Really good episode. Luna is so much fun to watch. I hope she comes back soon.
As for the lack of Rarity, at least the next episode will have plenty of her... in two weeks. Damn it!

According to one of the storyboard artists commenting on ED, there are no more episodes with Luna this season.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
TouchMyBox said:
According to one of the storyboard artists commenting on ED, there are no more episodes with Luna this season.

Not that disappointed to hear. She was great, but I don't know how much "Luna doesn't get it" episodes I could take.

Snaku

Banned
DrForester said:
Watching this again, it's no wonder they kept Rarity away. There was little attempt to change the voice. It's just Rarity speaking in stereotypical Royal English.

Y'know how you never see Clark Kent and Superman in the same room?

Cue the Rarity is Luna fanfiction!

DrForester said:
Not that disappointed to hear. She was great, but I don't know how much "Luna doesn't get it" episodes I could take.

I could go for running gags of "Luna doesn't get it" if they sprinkled them in episodes where appropriate.

Also, it seems Derpy has graduated from background pony to minor unspoken-role pony.

Koomaster

Snaku said:
Y'know how you never see Clark Kent and Superman in the same room?

Cue the Rarity is Luna fanfiction!
Perhaps that's the secret all along. Rarity's costume this year was Luna/Nightmare Moon and she was just REALLY committed to the role. She's obviously a method actress.

I don't think we should have Luna appear every week, I'd just like her to at least be standing beside Celestia sometimes.

TouchMyBox said:
Also, it seems Derpy has graduated from background pony to minor unspoken-role pony.
I don't know, I kept seeing a pony that looked like Derpy, but purple-irised and non-derpeyed.

Subitai

Fannon undone...

It was good to see Luna "get it" at the end handing Dash her own medicine.

Anyway, Pinkie Pie stole her yet scenes again.

"Time is candy!" lolz

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I want a hi-res transparent version of raped Fluttershy.

Also my favorite line of the episode.

FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED!

Tizoc

Where was Rarity in this ep?
This ep is FANTASTIC, could someone post a snapshot of Luna near the end of the ep. where she's out of the barrel with an apple in her hoof please?

Glad this ep. had lots of awesome Pinkie Pie moments X3

Scarecrow said:
Did I see a Quint being eaten by Jaws costume?

It's too bad we didn't see costumes from Rarity or Fluttershy.

With Fluttershy, it makes sense because she's so freaked out about the holiday she wants no part of it.

With Rarity, she was still putting the finishing touches on her outfit by the time the episode ended.

Kulock said:
With Rarity, she was still putting the finishing touches on her outfit by the time the episode ended.

Would be hilarious if Rarity shows up in costume next episode only to find out she missed nightmare night completely.

Well, I thought it would be funny.

Anyway, I thought he episode was great. Pinkie steals every single scene she appears in. Luna's mannerisms were unexpected but ultimately made sense. Twilight is such a freakin' dork. Typical RBD... awesome.

Most interesting part of the episode for me:
Luna can change back into Nightmare moon whenever she wants. So I guess the roles have switched. No longer does NMM control Luna. It's now the other way around.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
EPISODE 7

Title: May the Best Pet Win!
Air Date: November 19, 2011
Synopsis: Rainbow Dash hosts a flying race to see who will be her pet.

W8Rwy.png

jogarrr

DrForester said:
EPISODE 7

Title: May the Best Pet Win!
Air Date: November 19, 2011
Synopsis: Rainbow Dash hosts a flying race to see who will be her pet.
Sweetie Belle episode -> Apple Bloom episode -> Scootaloo episode?

Nooooo :p

Whogie

"My friend Applejack is one of the most likable ponies around."
It's canon now, folks.

Cool ep. Hope she appears some more in the future in better circumstances.
Chicken Pinkie: perfect.

Darte

I gotta say, I wasn't really expecting ye olde english talk but makes sense after being stuck on the moon for a thousand years.

In before pics of Celestia/Luna in top hats.

Snaku

Banned
Pretty great episode, and MLP badly needed a Halloween episode. Luna's personality was unexpected, but I couldn't stop laughing. Great character. I am sad to hear we won't see her again this season though.

Has anypony else noticed the absence of in-episode musical numbers this season? Seemed like every other episode in the first season had a memorable song in it.

Top Bottom