• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

brian577

Banned
Latest Season 2 pic
298375_286408688043242_118429394841173_1345647_97589751_n.jpg

Ikael

This pic + the previous video proves that

the CMC ends up unleashing Discord. That's it, the world is going to end thanks to Scootalo I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY NOW BRINGING DOOM TO EQUESTRIA SCOOTALO

Ikael said:

the CMC ends up unleashing Discord. That's it, the world is going to end thanks to Scootalo I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY NOW BRINGING DOOM TO EQUESTRIA SCOOTALO
AmopW.jpg

jogarrr

Ikael said:

In the video you can see that Snips and Snails are there too. The focus is on the CMC fighting but I'm sure it's somehow totally Snips and Snails fault. Everything bad is Snips and Snails fault. :p

UberTag

Can we hope Snips & Snails get killed off?
Because they're practically the Skids & Mudflap of the MLP-verse and they need to be gone.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
I'm curious as to what changes we'll see after the two-parter premiere. As Lauren Faust reaffirmed in the interview, they produced these two at the same time as season 1. While I'm sure nothing major will change, I'm wondering if we might see noticeable changes, even if it's just minor technical changes.

brian577

Banned
Something about the Jayson Thiessen interview that interested me.

"We go, we go place that, you know, perhaps other candy colored TV shows won’t go. And that’s part of what I love about this show, is that we’re allowed to explore those areas, you know... They’re not saying... I mean, they do make sure that, you know, we don’t go too far, but.. You know... Sometimes I’m like “Is this gonna be too scary? I think... we gotta just try it.”, you know, like, I think that kids love to be scared, and as long as you got a good resolution to it and no one really gets, you know, seriously hurt or anything like that, I mean, you gotta explore those avenues, I think that’s just part of great entertainment and great storytelling."

Is Season 2 going to be darker?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
brian577 said:
Do we post ponyday gifs here or on the Community board?

Probably safer to post them in Community.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
brian577 said:
Something about the Jayson Thiessen interview that interested me.

"We go, we go place that, you know, perhaps other candy colored TV shows won’t go. And that’s part of what I love about this show, is that we’re allowed to explore those areas, you know... They’re not saying... I mean, they do make sure that, you know, we don’t go too far, but.. You know... Sometimes I’m like “Is this gonna be too scary? I think... we gotta just try it.”, you know, like, I think that kids love to be scared, and as long as you got a good resolution to it and no one really gets, you know, seriously hurt or anything like that, I mean, you gotta explore those avenues, I think that’s just part of great entertainment and great storytelling."

Is Season 2 going to be darker?

Hmm, I wonder how that relates to Lauren's comments on the EI rating limitations. If stuff like "egghead" was pushing the boundaries and the concept of darkness was also bad, how far can they really go? Does that mean that they are being given more artistic freedom in season 2?

brian577

Banned
Quinnjaminn said:
Hmm, I wonder how that relates to Lauren's comments on the EI rating limitations. If stuff like "egghead" was pushing the boundaries and the concept of darkness was also bad, how far can they really go? Does that mean that they are being given more artistic freedom in season 2?

Well in the Reddit interview with Thiessen he said

"MLP has been pretty satisfying creatively. Hasbro has been great with that. i really like them. i could continue on this show for a while. there are some pretty cool things yet to do. but i would like to create my own show."

It does kinda suggest that.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
That's good to know. I don't want them to take the show in a different direction, but I would hate for them to limit their ideas around arbitrary guidelines. Some of the highlights of season 1 pushed the limit, like Pinkie Pie's party with Madame le Flour and friends.

PBalfredo

Dawn of the last day. Any more last-minute Season 2 predictions, PonyGAF? Here's the predictions made in the previous Season 2 topic before it was banished and locked up in the place it was banished to.

Season 2 predictions checklist

PBalfredo

- More Derpy cameos similar to Feeling Pinkie Keen. No voice for her, but no more random Derpy clones in the background either.
- At least one CMC will get a cutie mark.
- Zecora-focused episode
- Applejack's parents make an appearance. No explanation will be given for where they were in Season 1.
- Dash will tryout for the Wonderbolts, but have problems following orders / being part of a team / not being a show-off

Jogarr

- No CMC will get a cutie mark.
- Dash will teach Scootaloo to fly.
- Pinkamena will manifest herself at least once.
- Fluttershy will be shy.
- Trixie will return.
- Applejack will star in an episode that will drastically increase her fanbase.
- Rainbow Dash will meet a pony (or maybe some other creature) that is faster than her. (Not counting Pinkie's teleportation abilities of course.)

Myke Greywolf

- No cutie marks for the CMC's.
- Spoilers for episodes 2.1-2:
Discord is related with the transformation of Luna into Nightmare Moon
- Trixie reappears, obsessed with upstaging/humiliating Twilight.
- New male recurrent character.
- Episode spotlighting earth pony inferiority complex.
- At least 3 fashion related episodes. And they will be awesome.

McNum

For the opening two-parter:
- We get to see what Nightmare Moon really was
- Twilight gets tempted to become the next Mare of Darkness (Can you imagine the cliffhanger? Midnight Sparkle rearing on her hind legs! "To be continued...")
- Luna appears... in episode 2 (And snaps Twilight out of it)

For the rest of the season:
- We get to see how ponies prepare for winter
- An episode focused on Applejack and Fluttershy together
- An episode focused on Spike
- Pinkie Pie interrupts at least two iris-outs.
- There will be a Seapony reference
- Pinkie Pie will sing at least five songs
- Applejack gets her own song
- So does Rainbow Dash
- Not only will a CMC get a Cutie Mark, but we'll get a "How to deal with jealousy" episode out of it

jogarrr

PBalfredo said:
Dawn of the last day. Any more last-minute Season 2 predictions, PonyGAF? Here's the predictions made in the previous Season 2 topic before it was banished and locked up in the place it was banished to.

Updated my predictions with a few more after the first OT thread was merged with the community thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30921008&postcount=10423
jogarrr said:
Updated my Season 2 predictions (maybe I'll repost this in the S2 thread if it gets made):

My season 2 predictions. Some are very likely, some are longshots. Regardless, I predict that I will absolutely love season 2. :)

Season 2 Predictions:

- Rainbow Dash will teach Scootaloo to fly.
- Rainbow Dash will meet a pony (or maybe some other creature) that is faster than her. (Not counting Pinkie's teleportation abilities of course.)

- Pinkamena will manifest herself at least once.

- Fluttershy will be shy. (Come on, give me this freebie. I don't want to be totally wrong. :p)

- Applejack will star in an episode that will drastically increase her fanbase.

- Rarity will fall in love with somepony. Spike will be totally jealous.

- Twilight will return to her old library in Canterlot. (Not for any long length of time though, just a for a scene or so.)

- No CMC will get a cutie mark.
- Trixie will return.
- One or more of the mane six will visit the moon.
- There will be an episode starring Celestia.
- A troll will be featured in one of the episodes. No not her.. One of the mythological creatures.
- Owlowl-licious (or whatever his name is) will not show up at all.
- We will see at least 2 new areas of Equestria. **Edit: By new areas I mean something more significant than that garden we've already seen. I mean new towns and places outside of Ponyville and Canterlot.

Theonik

My predictions:
-More story-centric than season 1, discord seen as a sort of recurring character.
-More luna
-Celestia being a more defined ruler.

jogarrr

I still think that looks like a rifle wielding pony. :p That other one definitely has a bow and there's even a standard-bearer pony. Ponies going to war.

Edit: Considering how much the ponies eat apples and the whole Discord thing I'd guess that it's a pretty safe bet that the apple of discord will play a part somehow: http://i.imgur.com/lV1eJ.png.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Now that you mentioned that, I can't stop seeing it as either a pony holding a rifle or Octavia holding a guitar. But what's the significance of a maze and statues of ponies in war stances? I have a feeling that we'll be getting a lot of information on the history of Equestria tomorrow.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
And I just realized that Discord comes from Apple of Discord - will this means mistrust to the mane five?

jogarrr said:
"Ahhhh Celestia. I think you're going to enjoy this." Haha Daffy. :p

That was pretty amazing looking. Maybe I should watch this show.

It is. Approach it with the mindset that it isn't trying to be like a classic show though.

McNum

Ookami-kun said:
And I just realized that Discord comes from Apple of Discord - will this means mistrust to the mane five?

It is. Approach it with the mindset that it isn't trying to be like a classic show though.
In music, a discord is the opposite of a harmony. I think it's just a music pun, the show loves its puns, after all.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
McNum said:
In music, a discord is the opposite of a harmony. I think it's just a music pun, the show loves its puns, after all.

And apples. Holy shit Applejack gonna betray!

jogarrr

Ookami-kun said:
And apples. Holy shit Applejack gonna betray!
Applejack = Apple of Discord?
Applejack, wielder of the element of honesty? That sneaky pony, no one would ever suspect her.

akira28

Quinnjaminn said:
Now that you mentioned that, I can't stop seeing it as either a pony holding a rifle or Octavia holding a guitar. But what's the significance of a maze and statues of ponies in war stances? I have a feeling that we'll be getting a lot of information on the history of Equestria tomorrow.

They appear to be scrolls, they're both surrounded by unfurled scrolls as well, the two ponies on the pedestals. Somewhat Potteresque, I'm guessing a contest of some sort, or some kind of challenge.

jogarrr

Snaku said:
40 minutes till the madness begins again.

Shame I don't have cable. =(
Someone posted a link to livestreams in the other thread if you want to try out one of those:

Mr. Tone said:
There are supposedly going to be a few livestreams running, who knows if they'll be any good.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/season-two-mare-thons-livestreams-and.html
I think many are just going to wait for the synctube tonight at 6PM ET though.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31028910&postcount=10761

Top Bottom