• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
G-Fex said:
MZIjM.jpg

Yeah, only a matter of time before cutie mark tattoo's came up. Least it's not on his butt.

Jintor

Kimosabae said:
Allright, watched 'Sonic Rainboom':

Eh, impressive, but only in relation to what seems like a whole new generation of shitty cartoons to a 90's kid. Show is undeniable quality, but not to any degree that justifies this apparent infatuation among grown men. Powerpuff Girls this is not. Whole thing still seems a bit queer to me, but who am I to judge?

It's certainly not up there with Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, Freakazoid... but it's still good fun.

G-Fex

CcrooK said:
A wild Jenga has appeared!

he's sort of a rogue brony. Kinda like that one kid from digimon first season who thought he was cool cause he didn't hang out with the rest of the crew.

Vague

My fiance doesn't watch the show but he drew and posted this on the RIFT forums as a troll about needing better mounts and well.. lol. Just sharing.

263y3gm.jpg

LowParry

G-Fex said:
he's sort of a rogue brony. Kinda like that one kid from digimon first season who thought he was cool cause he didn't hang out with the rest of the crew.

So much anger though. Perhaps he'll come into full bloom one day. Just like the beloved I <3 Meme.

G-Fex

CcrooK said:
So much anger though. Perhaps he'll come into full bloom one day. Just like the beloved I <3 Meme.

I fear the day he turns into Dark Jenga. By then I'd be forced to fight him to the death in a childrens card game.

AceBandage said:
Wait, what?
F@NBOYS is back in production?
The hell?

I know surprised me too but yeah they got a few new comics up.

G-Fex said:
I fear the day he turns into Dark Jenga. By then I'd be forced to fight him to the death in a childrens card game.

I know surprised me too but yeah they got a few new comics up.

Holy shit...
Hasn't he been gone for like... 3 years now?

Firehead

The Scanty Pony avatar is available again. I kinda forgot to post that I changed it and I no longer have the link. Apologies ):

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kimosabae said:

Eh, impressive, but only in relation to what seems like a whole new generation of shitty cartoons to a 90's kid. Show is undeniable quality, but not to any degree that justifies this apparent infatuation among grown men. Powerpuff Girls this is not. Whole thing still seems a bit queer to me, but who am I to judge?

Carry on.

The rest of it is lulz. Just letting you know.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Kimosabae said:

Carry on.

Thanks to Ruby Onix for the PM. I may watch a few more episodes when I have time.

You know, I like 90's toons too, but whenever people bring that stuff up I want to kill someone.

Jintor

Seriously.

The 90s didn't have Avatar: The Last Airbender. That alone is a major point in the... uh... the 00's favour.

Goddamn Avatar was awesome.

Boss Doggie

I mean, Spectacular Spider-Man is leaps and bounds better than the shit called Spider-Man TAS but guess which had a more vocal fanbase?

AniHawk

Jintor said:
Seriously.

The 90s didn't have Avatar: The Last Airbender. That alone is a major point in the... uh... the 00's favour.

Goddamn Avatar was awesome.

00s had avatar, invader zim, most of the first three seasons of spongebob squarepants, samurai jack, foster's home for imaginary friends, and the end of the dcau. not too bad. there were a lot more animated shows for adults in the 00s versus the 90s too.

Jintor

I'll be honest with you: I don't really like Spongebob. All the rest is badass though. Especially Zim, and ESPECIALLY Jack.

330020-20birthday20good_end20happy20luna20meme.jpg

/edit Hipster ponies

4177-applejackhumanrainbow_dashtwilight_sparkle.jpg

AniHawk

Jintor said:
I'll be honest with you: I don't really like Spongebob. All the rest is badass though. Especially Zim, and ESPECIALLY Jack.

i like early spongebob because the whole point of the character is that he's fucking obnoxious, like a parody of what corporate nickelodeon wanted him to be. and most of the rest of the cast reacts like a normal person would to his personality.

the current decade's already off to a good start. sym-bionic titan, despite its woefully short run, had a good one. 26 new episodes of avatar is good news. and then there's stuff like regular show and adventure time. and for shows specifically made for adults (because regular show walks a line), there's more archer, futurama, and venture bros. fuck yeah.

Lucario

CHEEZMO™ said:
Pop over to the BDSM thread if you want an idea. Or ask G-Fex, lol.

Or look at my avatar.
Ponies in the BDSM thread made me giggle a bit. xD

I can't stop watching this show. I showed it to my boyfriend. I showed it to my ex. I showed it to my female friends, and got their boyfriends to watch it.....

This show is going to bring world peace. xD

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Darte said:
Cutie Mark Chronicles Teaser + Poll!

Choose 1 of 3 possible ways Rainbow Dash gets her mark on the upcoming CMC episode!

http://www.hubworld.com/mylittleponytales

gogogo sonic rainboom, the only one with filly fluttershy!
I finally got to see this, courtesy of someone who uploaded it to Youtube. :)

We'll see filly Fluttershy anyway, so I voted for "Born to Fly", seemingly the only one that features Dash's parents.

PS: I always crack at Scootaloo's engine sound when she flaps her wings.

Jintor

AniHawk said:
i like early spongebob because the whole point of the character is that he's fucking obnoxious, like a parody of what corporate nickelodeon wanted him to be. and most of the rest of the cast reacts like a normal person would to his personality.

the current decade's already off to a good start. sym-bionic titan, despite its woefully short run, had a good one. 26 new episodes of avatar is good news. and then there's stuff like regular show and adventure time. and for shows specifically made for adults (because regular show walks a line), there's more archer, futurama, and venture bros. fuck yeah.

I got that Sponge was meant to be obnoxious and annoying, but that still made him obnoxious and annoying, so I didn't really like it very much. (Did enjoy Sandy episodes though, mainly because it always felt like she was sort of non-plussed by Spongebob and Patrick but was being cool with it anyway).

I've really got to watch some Sym-Bionic Titan, I keep hearing about it all over the place. Tell me about this Archer?

duckroll

Darte said:
Cutie Mark Chronicles Teaser + Poll!

Choose 1 of 3 possible ways Rainbow Dash gets her mark on the upcoming CMC episode!

http://www.hubworld.com/mylittleponytales

gogogo sonic rainboom, the only one with filly fluttershy!

To be honest, all 3 stories seem kinda generic. I feel like they're variations on stuff we've already seen in the series. I'll vote for the one with Fluttershy, but I'm not feeling any of the three. :(

AniHawk

Jintor said:
I got that Sponge was meant to be obnoxious and annoying, but that still made him obnoxious and annoying, so I didn't really like it very much. (Did enjoy Sandy episodes though, mainly because it always felt like she was sort of non-plussed by Spongebob and Patrick but was being cool with it anyway).

I've really got to watch some Sym-Bionic Titan, I keep hearing about it all over the place. Tell me about this Archer?

you probably know this by now, but sym-bionic titan is/was genndy tartatovsky's (samurai jack creator's) newest show. it also had stuff like an actual story arc and consequences from things happening in previous episodes, which is a departure from his previous shows.

archer was made by the guy who made frisky dingo, which was something i did not see. it's a super low-budget show that relies heavily on its writing and acting for its gags.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_(TV_series)

if you're going to check out any episode to get started with, i would recommend skytanic and/or job offer. don't know if hulu or fx has them online anymore though, or if they had them at all.

KtSlime

Myke Greywolf said:
I finally got to see this, courtesy of someone of uploaded it to Youtube. :)

We'll see filly Fluttershy anyway, so I voted for "Born to Fly", seemingly the only one that features Dash's parents.

PS: I always crack at Scootaloo's engine sound when she flaps her wings.

I voted for Sonic Rainbow, because yeah - RD is awesome.

Boss Doggie

AniHawk said:
you probably know this by now, but sym-bionic titan is/was genndy tartatovsky's (samurai jack creator's) newest show. it also had stuff like an actual story arc and consequences from things happening in previous episodes, which is a departure from his previous shows.

archer was made by the guy who made frisky dingo, which was something i did not see. it's a super low-budget show that relies heavily on its writing and acting for its gags.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_(TV_series)

if you're going to check out any episode to get started with, i would recommend skytanic and/or job offer. don't know if hulu or fx has them online anymore though, or if they had them at all.

Sadly the show's cancelled :(

Myke Greywolf said:
Ponies and jedi are two different flavors that seem to go well together:
Ooo any in wallpaper size?

I thought of a game we could play as the pony delay means there's not much to do ITT.

We say a line of one of the ponies or spike and then people guess which episode it's from. Correct answers means that person goes next! Fun! I'll go first:

"And I get to play my most favouritist of favourite fantabulous games like pin the tail on the pony!"

CassSept

Mechanical Snowman said:
Ooo any in wallpaper size?

I thought of a game we could play as the pony delay means there's not much to do ITT.

We say a line of one of the ponies or spike and then people guess which episode it's from. Correct answers means that person goes next! Fun! I'll go first:

"And I get to play my most favouritist of favourite fantabulous games like pin the tail on the pony!"
Only guessing but isn't this from The Ticket Master?

This reminds me of these stupid games from random message boards where people don't have anything to do but whatever, I can play a bit.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Mechanical Snowman said:

I think it's too easy a game, because dialogue in this show tends to be straight to the episode's subject. And it does seem as we're trying too hard. What's next, pony Mafia?

That being said: "Yeah... That's not gonna happen". GO!

In the meanwhile, let me point Pony-GAF to something fun they could be a part of. Some brony at Ponychan is organizing a Winter Wrap Up singalong, similar to this one. Record your voice singing along to the song and send it to him to be included in the final result, which is sure to be epic.

Lucario

Myke Greywolf said:
I think it's too easy a game, because dialogue in this show tends to be straight to the episode's subject. And it does seem as we're trying too hard. What's next, pony Mafia?

That being said: "Yeah... That's not gonna happen". GO!

In the meanwhile, let me point Pony-GAF to something fun they could be a part of. Some brony at Ponychan is organizing a Winter Wrap Up singalong, similar to this one. Record your voice singing along to the song and send it to him to be included in the final result, which is sure to be epic.
I'm going to show the Winter Wrap-Up singalong to my glee club. Harmonies time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom