• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dai101 said:
YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, i truly truly truly wish for a Jem remake, or at least a movie. I'm thinking in something made "a la" Speed Racer by the Wachouski Bros.

I wouldnt be surprised if there is a reboot in the works.

daffy

Banned
DrForester said:
Yeah, but rape and amputations make sense for Madoka.
Fanfic said:
"Fillydephia is ours. It was ugly. Just... ugly. I don't know how long I can go on anymore.
J5SIc.png

heheheheheee

Whogie said:
Fun read. Whose perspective?

I think it was intentionally left vague. No one in the main cast, anyway, and probably not anyone who's had a speaking part on the show. (It's not my work, obv)

DrForester said:
ugh. Fanfic needs to be added to the rule 34 rule for this thread. None of it....

I can get shipping and 34 being annoying even when you're trying to ignore it, but it doesn't seem like such a chore to scroll past a wall o text if you're sure it isn't your cup of tea, right?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Amibguous Cad said:
I think it was intentionally left vague. No one in the main cast, anyway, and probably not anyone who's had a speaking part on the show. (It's not my work, obv)

I can get shipping and 34 being annoying even when you're trying to ignore it, but it doesn't seem like such a chore to scroll past a wall o text if you're sure it isn't your cup of tea, right?

Lets put it this way. You posted something that suggests Fluttershy forcibly had her wings removed. You saw how people got when Gilda just yelled at her and made her cry.

DrForester said:
Lets put it this way. You posted something that suggests Fluttershy forcibly had her wings removed. You saw how people got when Gilda just yelled at her and made her cry.

It had been over a month since I'd read it in detail. I remembered it having a downer ending, but I didn't remember it being that bad. Rereading, I can see your point. Mea culpa. I'll take it down if that's the consensus around here.

The particular content of that story being over the top doesn't bear on fanfics in this thread, in any case.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Amibguous Cad said:
It had been over a month since I'd read it in detail. I remembered it having a downer ending, but I didn't remember it being that bad. Rereading, I can see your point. Mea culpa. I'll take it down if that's the consensus around here.

The particular content of that story being over the top doesn't bear on fanfics in this thread, in any case.

Maybe just link to it?

Foxix Von

Has anyone seen this yet? Derpy posted it on facebook!
Derpy Hooves said:
BREAKING NEWS! A kind brony has purchased a domain for.. Derpy Mail! Get an email account (Example: DerpyHooves@Derpymail.com) while you still can! More info in this Ponychan thread!

www.derpymail.com

Jackson, email the owner at mkb@libero.it and tell him you want an account and tell him the name of the account and temporary pass (you will change it after) Example: "I want an account named 'derpymuffins@derpymail.com with the pass 'muffins'" and he will then make it for you and give you a reply when it's made! After that you can log in and change your pass (obviously)
Hope I helped!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Here's some more cheerful fan art.

duckroll said:
I'm just saying, the lack of new content when it is expected brings out the worst in people!
No need to wait for this time in particular, people have been writing "grimdark" MLP:FiM fan fiction for months now. It's just one of those things: like it or not, some people find it entertaining to subvert the most appreciated/defining aspects of everything we experience. This has been a theme for art creation for a long time, and fan fiction, as reviled as it usually is, is nevertheless no exception. It's actually an interesting experience to see if our conceptions hold up after we've been exposed to this kind of subversion. I've felt, many times, that they actually come out reinforced in the form of a small core of solid characteristics, surrounded by a hazy cloud of possibilities.

If one is afraid that their experience will be ruined by this, they just have to ignore this kind of works.

If MLP:FiM's defining traces are friendship, wholesomeness and innocence, the privileged subversions would deal with betrayal, sex and violence. It objectively doesn't need to be done; And when it's done, it certainly doesn't mean that it's being done well; And it's also interesting to argue if this attitude effectively amounts to be the worst in people; And it absolutely doesn't mean that one has to like it or even appreciate it; I certainly don't like a lot of it, and find some of it downright revolting; But it's just one of those things some people find interesting to explore, whatever their motivation is, and that is often scoffed at or misunderstood by people who don't share the particular experience that is being subverted, in that same way.

In its most vapid form, this propension to subvert can come down to what people normally see as being representative of fan fiction, mainly because of the worst elements of anything being the ones that leave a stronger impression. This has been parodied in what is now a classic web comic, showing us the nonsense of "typical smut fan fiction" applied to Pride and Prejudice:

CYe0O.jpg

Of course, this too has been parodied my the MLP: FiM fans. A parody of a parody. (Do not click if you are offended by the sight of ponies conducting themselves in the above-portrayed manner)

Am I going too far with this?

ZealousD said:
So who wants to hear the main theme to this show all stretched out?

Well here you go.
No one quoted this! This is really cool.

And very, very eerie.

While I'm typing this it's actually turning into a sort of horror ambiance... This wouldn't feel out of place in Silent Hill.

Edit: you should do this to all of Pinkie's songs.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Mechanical Snowman said:
No one quoted this! This is really cool.

And very, very eerie.

While I'm typing this it's actually turning into a sort of horror ambiance... This wouldn't feel out of place in Silent Hill.

Edit: you should do this to all of Pinkie's songs.

Here's Winter Wrap Up. I really like how the ending turned out.

I'll make some more later. I need to go to bed.

Jintor

There's no slippery slope. The transition occurs once you get your official Pony Card. It comes with a free voucher for riding lessons too!*

*Applicable to one connotation of the word riding per customer

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jintor said:
There's no slippery slope. The transition occurs once you get your official Pony Card. It comes with a free voucher for riding lessons too!*

*Applicable to one connotation of the word riding per customer
boPvR.jpg

G-Fex

Ok the "apples spilling"part made me chuckle

Id like tosee an episode where rarity takes a liking to big macintosh or some other colt and Spike gets all jealous /infuriated

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
G-Fex said:
Ok the "apples spilling"part made me chuckle

Id like tosee an episode where rarity takes a liking to big macintosh or some other colt and Spike gets all jealous /infuriated
you dont need an excuse to want 22 minutes of eeyup, we all want a big mac episode.

Nishastra

Banned
That was pretty great. I especially liked the Captain Planet part and Scootaloo playing the beginning of Eye of the Tiger with her face.

G-Fex

After watching all the eps I have the new rankings.

We go now to make the magics.

1. Pinkie Pie (cause she can go into mirrors and build houses over keys)
1A. Fluttershy
2. Rarity
3. Rainbow Dash
4. Apple Jack
5. Twilight

1B. Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom