• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishastra

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:
His taste seems to be oriented more towards the adventure-ey stuff as opposed to the slice of life stuff, but I imagine people who have a different opinion on that will have different lists.
That tier list is organizing things by their style, not by their quality. The names are not arbitrary except for Over a Barrel, which is in its own tier because it's a sort of pseudo-historical with ponies thing, which none of the others are :p

scogoth said:
Whoever said indecision is a bad thing? Nothing wrong with loving everyone.
NO! You must choose one to love and hate all others. Friendship is Favoritism.

Here we go! Images and magic and friendship incoming!
XGORt.gif

Chrono Dash
Alternate Ending
My eyes! It burns!
Elegant Moon Goddess
Pranksters
Pinkie's nemesis
Sonic Boom!
Twilight (Not what you're thinking)
Pinkie, AJ, and their mothers (fan art)
Pinkie and her dad
Rainbow Dash and her mom
Always save the best for last. Fluttershy and her mom

iliaq.jpg

Neki

Yeah I don't know why I didn't like Over the barrel much, I even liked the CMC episodes more than that really.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Dai101 said:
Sorry then ....... i now go to step under a rock 'till friday
Don't be sad, we still like you and respect you and I'll make sure to give you more feedback next time over. :)

Anyway, those are indeed awesome news! I hope that this is the episode where there's a song that the composer said would be even more awesome than Winter Wrap Up!

I've finished subtitling all the available episodes! They're all available right now at http://www.mediafire.com/mlp-fim_pt-pt_subs aaaand by my calculations this took me about 70-80 hours. And for something that took around the same time, it left me way more fulfilled than playing through Final Fantasy XIII, let me tell you.

So if the Gala is ep 26, and we're not seeing Luna till season 2.... Luna doesn't get to go to the gala? Trollestia is sure keeping her on a short leash.

Amibguous Cad said:
So if the Gala is ep 26, and we're not seeing Luna till season 2.... Luna doesn't get to go to the gala? Trollestia is sure keeping her on a short leash.
This just may be my wishful thinking but my understanding of the whole thing is that Faust confirmed a Luna centric episode in season 2. That doesn't mean that Luna can't show up for the Gala. My guess is that we'll see her but we'll be lucky if she gets more than a line or two.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Confused101 said:
This just may be my wishful thinking but my understanding of the whole thing is that Faust confirmed a Luna centric episode in season 2. That doesn't mean that Luna can't show up for the Gala. My guess is that we'll see her but we'll be lucky if she gets more than a line or two.

And if she isn't there at all, it's just more fuel for team Trollestia

Koomaster

I still say she's off in friendship rehab somewhere. Off making her own friends and being happy.

It would be kind of cool if she showed up for the Gala with her troop of friends; then Season 2 started off back at the end of the pilot episode and followed Luna's journey of friendship and recovery. :3

Snaku

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
Guess what I got in the Derpy Mail this morning...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/servitto/100_0632.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/servitto/100_0633.jpgIMG]

[spoiler]20% more[/spoiler] Swag.[/QUOTE]

Neat. I've been on the fence about ordering them. Did you get the heavyweight, or American Apparel shirts? How is the sizing? I normally wear an XL, but I'm worried about shrinkage.

duckroll

Looks like the synopsis for the season finale is out:

After much waiting, anticipation, and speculation, Canterlot's Grand Galloping Gala has finally begun. Only one question remains: Is it everything Twilight and her friends imagined it to be?

Edit: Anyone who doesn't get that fanart reference above should really do more reading.

Foxix Von

DrForester said:
Terry Pratchett's Diskworld series.

discworld1.jpg

I had a dream that something like this happened with my pancakes once. But the animals were made of syrup all stacked on the pancakes. It was just layers and layers of moving syrup animals all supporting themselves and a series of platforms as a massive tower. It was a pretty awesome dream haha.

DrForester said:
Terry Pratchett's Diskworld series.

discworld1.jpg

Discworld was itself referencing something else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down

wiki said:
A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever", said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down!"

bounchfx said:
Alright, curiosity got to me. I want to watch. Is it streaming online anywhere?

Wikipedia for the episode titles, then type the titles into youtube. They're all over the place, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding it.

Dai101 said:
What's your episode tier? I found this on /co/ and pretty much agree with it (altough i really enjoy "over a barrel" it's a very inconsistent episode)

I know I saw one of those on Ponychan that I pretty much agreed with. But if I had to do it on my own.

Luna Tier (Absolute Favorites, Rewatch the Most)
A Dog and Pony Show
Green Isn't Your Color
Sonic Rainboom
Winter Wrap Up
Dragonshy
Ticketmaster
Bridle Gossip

High Tier (Not absolute favorites but rewatch often)
Applebuck Season
Suited for Success
Friendship is Magic P1
Call of the Cutie
Boast Busters
Stare Master
Look Before You Sleep
Feeling Pinkie Keen

Meh Tier (I don't hate these episodes, they're just OK and/or I just don't watch them very often
Griffon the Brush-off
Friendship is Magic P2
Over a Barrel
Fall Weather Friends
Swarm of the Century
Show Stoppers

And that just shows I feel about the series. I think at worst, the episodes are just kinda meh and not very rewatchable.

Whogie

I guess it's because she made a complete 180 and turned nice, though we haven't had much of a chance to see that yet and would like to. And that somepony with such a capacity for niceness was punished so harshly for so long fuels a lot of fiction.

KtSlime

Regulus Tera said:
Why the Luna love?

Seriously I just don't get it.

If I might be so bold to make a very general statement about Luna love, which certainly won't be universal because their are many traits about the character, both canonical and fanonical which are endearing and may cause people to become fans, I believe it can be rationalized as such:

Luna is a marginalized character, and left out/alone, and is easy to sympathize with. Now if you take this back, to the origin of MLP:FiM fandom, we may get a better idea as to why her fanon character took this shape.

Bronies, ultimately came from 4chan, this is clearly reflected in the way it does memes, creation of pony/fimchan, even the name, is derived from the 4chan experience.

Celestia = /b/
Luna = bronies

The fanfic reflects the origin and nature of the fandom.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Snaku said:
Neat. I've been on the fence about ordering them. Did you get the heavyweight, or American Apparel shirts? How is the sizing? I normally wear an XL, but I'm worried about shrinkage.
I got Small heavyweight ones and they fit nicely.

XL must be HUGE!

Speculation ahead, be warned. I'm going to spoiler just in case.

I'll be looking at a couple of things in the video that accompanied RBD's cutie mark origin stories. Specifically the short clips we get to see of the main cast's marks showing up.

Firstly, is that young Big Mac behind AJ there?
http://i.imgur.com/5yT3A.jpg

Next, Rarity seems to be in the dark. Is she in a cave? Could she have figured out her gem finding spell right then?
http://i.imgur.com/1S939.jpg

Finally, we see a bunny with Fluttershy and that doesn't look like Angel to me. Perhaps Angel's mom?
http://i.imgur.com/q3fdv.jpg

I still think that episode is going to be Luna tier. Can't wait!

ZealousD said:
People like to fill in blanks. Luna is a big giant blank.

For having only 2 minutes of screentime, we know quite a bit about Luna. We know her jealousy was enough to cause her to revolt, that she spent 1,000 years in complete isolation, and that she's truly repented of what she's done. We might be filling in a lot of blanks, but for all that we know canonically quite a bit about her character.

Nishastra

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:
For having only 2 minutes of screentime, we know quite a bit about Luna. We know her jealousy was enough to cause her to revolt, that she spent 1,000 years in complete isolation, and that she's truly repented of what she's done.
Do we really know she's repented? :p

She probably has, but I think we have to see more of her before we can be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom