• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

~The Grand Galloping Gala is the best place for me~

G-Fex

duckroll said:

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNKIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
DrForester said:
It's Mytho from Princess Tutu. You'd all love it.
Doesn't look delicate enough. He should almost have a female quality to him, probably approaching the proportions of a female pony.

Foxix Von

Gah I leave for a bit, and the thread flashes by in an instant! Dang this thing always moves faster than I expect haha.

Totally voted sonic rainbow!

Whogie

4q2NP.png

I want to make my list now:
1. Rarity
2. Twilight
3. Pinkie
4. Applejack
5. Rainbow Dash
6. Fluttershy

Cday

Banned
1. Rarity
2. Fluttershy
3. Applejack
4. Twilight
5. Pinkie
6. Rainbow Dash
749,019. Cutie Mark Crusaders

KtSlime

Well, I don't think I have made a list yet, so I'll give it a go:

1. Fluttershy
2. Pinkie Pie
3. Rainbow Dash
4. Twilight
5. Rarity
6. Applejack

Ok I'll bite, here's my list.

1. Flutterguy
2. Fluttershy (no I don't count them as the same pony)
3. Apple jack
4. Twilight sparkle
5. Rarity
6. Pink pie
7. Applebloom
8. Rainbow dash
9. Big Macintosh
10. Derpy

lexi

Banned
Ooh, I love lists!

1. Rainbow Dash
2. Applejack
3. Pinkie Pie
4. CMC
5. Rarity
6. Twilight Sparkle
7. Fluttershy

wsippel

Banned
Probably old, but it sums up what initially made me curious about MLP now that I think about it:

svi15t.jpg

The first pony avatar I noticed was Twilight, so I simply assumed it was PSG fanart. Seeing other ponies that didn't remind me of any PSG characters made me curious...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Myke Greywolf said:
Doesn't look delicate enough. He should almost have a female quality to him, probably approaching the proportions of a female pony.

Ah but it's supposed to be the last episode.

Negator

ivedoneyourmom said:
Well, I don't think I have made a list yet, so I'll give it a go:

1. Fluttershy
2. Pinkie Pie
3. Rainbow Dash
4. Twilight
5. Rarity
6. Applejack

This is pretty much mine, but switch Rarity and Applejack

Ok, crack/crazy pony theory time:

The reason princess Celestia looks so much bigger/older then everypony else is because she's secretly not well.

Luna's and Celestia's godlike magic normally keeps then young and almost immortal. But after Luna's trip to crazy town and banishment to the moon. Celestia was forced to burn through twice the normal amount of magic and life force to regulate both her sun and her sister's moon for 1000 years. Although she presents and smiling face and strong presence, Celestia is nearing the end of her life.

Knowing that if she died the world would be screwed without someone to keep the balance between sun and moon, her plan was two fold.

1. Find a pony with immense magical potential. And subtly train her and point her in Luna's the elements of harmony's direction.

Twilight sparkle uses friendship and love to unfuck Luna's head and bring her back.

2. With Luna back in control of the moon this buys Celestia the extra time she needs to complete Her students training so that she can assume the post Celestia intended for her all alone

Using the last of her life force, Celestia transfers her power over the sun to her sister. Then allows "Twilight Sparkle" to live up to her namesake, controlling the moon and the night sky, and to ruling Equestria by Luna's side.

Knowing Equestria is in good hands she finally allows herself to fade from the world.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
googleplex said:

The reason princess Celestia looks so much bigger/older then everypony else is because she's secretly not well.

Luna's and Celestia's godlike magic normally keeps then young and almost immortal. But after Luna's trip to crazy town and banishment to the moon. Celestia was forced to burn through twice the normal amount of magic and life force to regulate both her sun and her sister's moon for 1000 years. Although she presents and smiling face and strong presence, Celestia is nearing the end of her life.

Knowing that if she died the world would be screwed without someone to keep the balance between sun and moon, her plan was two fold.

1. Find a pony with immense magical potential. And subtly train her and point her in Luna's the elements of harmony's direction.

Twilight sparkle uses friendship and love to unfuck Luna's head and bring her back.

2. With Luna back in control of the moon this buys Celestia the extra time she needs to complete Her students training so that she can assume the post Celestia intended got het al along.

Using the last of her life force, Celestia transfers her power over the sun to her sister. Then allows "Twilight Sparkle" to live up to her namesake, controlling the moon and the night sky, and to ruling Equestria by Luna's side.

Knowing Equestria is in good hands she finally allows herself to fade from the world.
LR7PZ.jpg

Koomaster

googleplex said:

She actually resembles the Sweetheart Sisters style of ponies from the original toy run. So if anything that's just another breed of pony, and she's not sick or anything. :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
CHEEZMO™ said:
Guess what I got in the Derpy Mail this morning...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/servitto/100_0633.jpg[IMG]

[spoiler]20% more[/spoiler] Swag.[/QUOTE]
ive been thinking of getting this one.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
googleplex said:
Seems like good fan fiction material, and I'm not saying this in a bad way. I'd read it if it was any good, anyway.

A painting I linked to some time ago is finally finished, and it's 100% :-O

G-Fex

Cool shirts cheezmo.

List again.
-1. Pinkie Pie.
0. Pinkie Pie
1.Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy
2. Rarity
3. Rainbow Dash
4. Spike

Nishastra

Banned
Here's my first ranking list.

1. Scootaloo
2. Spike
3. Sweetie Belle
4. Sheriff Silverstar
5. Snails
6. Snips
7. Steven Magnet
8. Sapphire Shores
9. Sunny Days
10. Silver Spoon

ZoddGutts

Myke Greywolf said:
Seems like good fan fiction material, and I'm not saying this in a bad way. I'd read it if it was any good, anyway.

A painting I linked to some time ago is finally finished, and it's 100% :-O

Poor Luna, being chained up. :(

Cele is smiling while Luna is all sad looking...

Dai101

Banned
What's your episode tier? I found this on /co/ and pretty much agree with it (altough i really enjoy "over a barrel" it's a very inconsistent episode)

K5vmI.png

Dai101 said:
What's your episode tier? I found this on /co/ and pretty much agree with it (altough i really enjoy "over a barrel" it's a very inconsistent episode)

His taste seems to be oriented more towards the adventure-ey stuff as opposed to the slice of life stuff, but I imagine people who have a different opinion on that will have different lists. I pretty much like both directions the show's gone equally, and here's what I've got:

Luna Tier
Bridle Gossip
Swarm of the Century
Suited For Success
Sonic Rainboom

Great Tier
Friendship is Magic Pt. 1
The Ticket Master
Winter Wrap Up
Green Isn't Your Color

Good Tier
Friendship is Magic Pt. 2
Applebuck Season
Boast Busters
Feeling Pinkie Keen
A Dog and Pony Show

Average Tier
Griffon the Brush Off
Dragonshy
Fall Weather Friends

Cutie Mark Crusaders tier
Look Before You Sleep
Call of the Cutie
Stare Master
Show Stoppers
Over a Barrel

Probably I'm being a bit harsh on Over the Barrel; the first ten minutes were gold, but godamn does that moral and conflict resolution leave a sour taste in my mouth. Feeling Pinkie Keen is downgraded for smilar reasons; a shoe-horned moral ruins a lot of the sight gags that made the ep pretty entertaining. I'm also about 2 second away from putting Green Isn't Your Color into Luna tier.

Can't say I understand the love for Dragonshy; Fluttershy's got her moments, but that episode clearly wasn't it. She was more annoying than cute throughout most of it, and the resolution was pretty predictable and ultimately not very satisfying- oh look, you're doing exactly what you were supposed to be doing all along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom