• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

Pandaman said:
Thats because the British can't make a show worth remembering past a few weeks.

Coronation Street only broke the season barrier because it never stops.

Fixed.

EDIT:

Tempted to change avatars to this now :(

dnWRH.png

Ark

Nishastra said:
Allow me to point out something about the avatar you're using that's bugged me since the moment I made it, then: What is that lump behind her ear?

Her other ear?

That's going to annoy me even more than the jaggies now :(

Nishastra

Banned
Yeah, that's also one from before I started doing them the way I do now.

There's plenty more avatars coming yet... There's more Pinkie ones than everyone else combined... Which means that Pinkie alone will take me a few hours.

Foxix Von

Mechanical Snowman said:
As much as I'm insulted by your omission of the letter U in some of our words, I can't disagree that saying season is much less confusing than series.

Here the two words are kind of interchangeable.

Or when we do you guys just steal it from us *cough*the office*cough*.

Though admittedly, I can't stand the British office and love the U.S. version.

Well IMO both versions are terrible and not worth watching, so it doesn't really matter.

Foxix Von

G-Fex said:
Hold it right there, I activate the BBC tv card.

My Family
Doctor Who
Spaced
Top Gear

This negates every argument in your post

I literally now read every post of yours in Yugi's voice.

So good.

Ark

Nishastra said:
Yeah, that's also one from before I started doing them the way I do now.

There's plenty more avatars coming yet... There's more Pinkie ones than everyone else combined... Which means that Pinkie alone will take me a few hours.

May I put in a special request for some Rainbow Dash avatars? ;)

Pandaman said:
never heard of em.

Do you never go to the off-topic section?

Foxix Von

Pandaman said:
never heard of em.

Even I know of Dr. Who, and I haven't even watched the newer series. That show has been around for decades and is awesome.

Heck there's a even a pony that's been dubbed Doctor Whoof by the fans o_O

Nishastra said:
Actually, it's kind of the reverse. American English has the older versions of such words. The Us were added to British English after America split off, which is why America retains the older forms.

So it's you adding Us to perfectly good U-less words :p
I'm dubious of this claim, sir, but I would love to be proven wrong as I like learning new stuff.

I'd look it up but I've finally just got the chance to watch episode 25.

akira28

Choppasmith said:
So Weird Al Just tweeted about Pony Polka II http://twitter.com/#!/alyankovic/status/64354118671679488

"Whoever’s doing these My Little Pony videos – you’re killin’ it!"

Maybe I'm not understanding context, but he kinda sounds mad and displeased :/

To kill is showbiz talk for doing an outstanding job. So if you're killing the audience you're making them die with laughter or entertainment or whatever your act is. If you're not killing them, if you're dying then you're failing spectacularly.

I believe that he's paying them a high compliment. And I believe a Weird Al pony has been foretold in the legends of olde.

Chuck

Still without luck
Saw the new episode last night and it's definitely one of my favorites. Pinkie Pie has always been
fucking crazy
in my opinion.

I think Griffon the Brush-Off is still my favorite episode despite hating Gilda's design.

I didn't like that episode too much =(

I really thought it would give Pinkie some emotional depth but instead she just went to the opposite end of the crazy spectrum, from insanely excitable to schizophrenic and bipolar.

And something about that party scene just felt like Salad Fingers, really creepy. I'm concerned for her mental state.

Edit: thought I'd do an updated pony list after that episode.

1.Twilight
1.Fluttershy
3.Rarity
4.Pinkie
5.Applejack
5.Rainbow Dash

KtSlime

Mechanical Snowman said:
And something about that party scene just felt like Salad Fingers, really creepy. I'm concerned for her mental state.

I wouldn't put it on that level, but I was tripping balls when someone first showed me Salad Fingers, so I don't even like to think about it let alone see it.

Edit: Oh and I liked the episode, it did push it a bit far, but that is A-Okay because it is a cartoon, and the problem was resolved by a realization that she should not doubt her friends, and that what she suspected as dishonesty was actually a sign of how much they care for her.

Neki

Mechanical Snowman said:
I didn't like that episode too much =(

I really thought it would give Pinkie some emotional depth but instead she just went to the opposite end of the crazy spectrum, from insanely excitable to schizophrenic and bipolar.

Edit: thought I'd do an updated pony list after that episode.

1.Twilight
1.Fluttershy
3.Rarity
4.Pinkie
5.Applejack
5.Rainbow Dash

You're crazy, that's why. thank god your the lower half and not the upper half of pinkie.

Ultimoo said:
thank god your the lower half and not the upper half of pinkie.
m5ROc.png

ChuckNoLuck said:
So I keep seeing this pony around and never remember seeing her in any episode. Where is she from?
wdHUb.png
It's the teacher from Cutie Mark Crusaders when she was doing a presentation on cutie marks; that was her when she was younger.

G-Fex

Mechanical Snowman said:
It's the teacher from Cutie Mark Crusaders when she was doing a presentation on cutie marks; that was her when she was younger.

Yup that look she had was outrageous, truly truly outrageous

KtSlime

ChuckNoLuck said:
So I keep seeing this pony around and never remember seeing her in any episode. Where is she from?
wdHUb.png

This is a picture of Cheerilee when she was growing up, Cheerilee is Twilight Sparkle's friend, and is the Ponyville's elementary school teacher, specifically Apple Bloom's.

Edit: Beaten like poor Luna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom