• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mazeedibeedi said:
Probably one of the best episodes to date. Has anyone noticed that
Pinkie may not like Applejack or even likes Applejack the least in the group?
I mean, Applejack was the first pony to receive Pinkie's "evil stare"
well,
she knew rainbow was hiding in the barn because she followed her there, so it was obvious to her that applejack was lying to her.

well, more obvious than applejacks terrible lies.
srsly, she isnt good for anything is she.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pandaman said:

2j26jr8.png

Representing Honesty would make you a lousy liar, I'd imagine.

Also, this was posted elsewhere, and it seems to explain PP's breakdown pretty well:

This latest episode did it for me...
when Pinkie's hair deflated and the whole "pinkie is batshit insane" scene played out, it really resonated with me, mainly because for most of my young life, until high school, I had no friends. I had problems communicating and often retreated into a place, not too different, from the one Pinkie had sunk to. I never did talk to inanimate objects, but I did often make up "characters" and played out many scenarios, from day to day interactions, to drama resulting from conflicting personalities, all in order to fill the void. This only led to further ostracism, many kids teased me and only made it harder for me to effectively communicate with my peers. Thus, I spent more time in my own world.
When I did make friends in high school, I filled a role similar to Pinkie's, that of the "spaz". As I found it the easiest way to make people smile. I was always happy, when I was near my friends and slightly crazy, in the "oatmeal, you crazy" sense. However, I, like pinkie, developed severe attachment issues. Whenever my friends would reject my "spaz kid" shit, I would be quick to assume that they hated me, or that I had no "real" friends. It led to severe bouts of depression and many times I found myself distancing my self from reality to counter it.
The fact is, when Pinkie assumed that she was being rejected and started to talk to imaginary friends , I wasn't thinking "Holy shit! Pinkie Pie is a lunatic who will kill Rainbow Dash and make her into cupcakes", I was crying.

OMG Aero

Pandaman said:
She does represent the element of honesty (Even though that should be Rainbow Dash).
She is as bad at lying as Fluttershy would be at being mean.

careksims

Psychotic Depressed Straighted Pinkie Pie is the beautiful *sniff* So many ideas for the arts! One of the funnier/cute moments is when AJ blocking PP at the barn.

Wait HD now!? To the youtubes!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nah not really - I thought those were just a slight "snapping" moment.

I mean their default natures are of hate.

Cutie Mark Chronicles

"...and that's how Equestria was formed!"

What a great episode, mostly because of the animation. Twilight going Super Saiyan, Pinkie's huge-ass grin, Rarity's "I give up" expression when dragged by the horn. And apparently Rainbow Dash is some sort of Cutie Mark Catalyst.

So Weird Al Just tweeted about Pony Polka II http://twitter.com/#!/alyankovic/status/64354118671679488

"Whoever’s doing these My Little Pony videos – you’re killin’ it!"

Maybe I'm not understanding context, but he kinda sounds mad and displeased :/

Choppasmith said:
So Weird Al Just tweeted about Pony Polka II http://twitter.com/#!/alyankovic/status/64354118671679488

"Killin' it" = Doing a good job.
What would he even be mad about? He's a parody artist and someone is making a parody of his songs.
He's not some snob, he's a really upstanding guy with a great sense of humor.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Choppasmith said:

Tweet for the first one seemed complementary, so does this one to me.

Jenga

Banned
SpeedySwaf said:
when Pinkie's hair deflated and the whole "pinkie is batshit insane" scene played out, it really resonated with me, mainly because for most of my young life, until high school, I had no friends. I had problems communicating and often retreated into a place, not too different, from the one Pinkie had sunk to.
seriously

It's just a weird and confusing choice of words that makes me think "Okay one was fine, but another one is overkill" *shrug*. If he said "You're killing me here" I could see that as a compliment, Or "you're really making a killing with these videos"

jogarrr

How About No said:
Cutie Mark Chronicles

"...and that's how Equestria was formed!"

What a great episode, mostly because of the animation. Twilight going Super Saiyan, Pinkie's huge-ass grin, Rarity's "I give up" expression when dragged by the horn. And apparently Rainbow Dash is some sort of Cutie Mark Catalyst.

Yeah, that was a great episode. Two more and you're caught up and get to suffer a pony-less week until Friday like the rest of us ;)

(And then something like 6 months of no ponies :( )

OMG Aero

Since this episode is now out in HD, if anyone has a request for a transparent avatar from this one I can give it a go.
I need something to take my mind off the mindfuck ending of Doctor Who.

Nishastra

Banned
OMG Aero said:
Since this episode is now out in HD, if anyone has a request for a transparent avatar from this one I can give it a go.
I'm working on eleventy billion avatars from this one... Way more avatars than there are members of Pony-GAF. There's just too much good stuff in this episode.

G-Fex

Who knew my birthday would be the day after Pinkie Pies, come join my thread bronies, bring ponies too if you want. :D :D :D

Pandaman said:
well,
she knew rainbow was hiding in the barn because she followed her there, so it was obvious to her that applejack was lying to her.

Well, I was sorta talking about when Pinkie Pie went to AJ's orchard for the invitation to the after-party, but as someone said AJ is too dang honest to lie to anyone.

G-Fex

I don't know what you guys are doing calling Pinkie crazy with having parties with herself and inanimate objects and stuff. I do that everyday, sans the party. She's pretty amateur at it.

Ark

G-Fex said:

Holy shit massive nostalgia and huge lols.

Just watched the latest episode and holy shit Pinky Pie is CRAZY.

Really sad that next week is the last episode in the series :(

NEO0MJ

Great episode, and I really felt for Pinkie. Sucks when you feel friends are ignoring and lying to you.
Here are some scenes I liked that weren't mentioned. Pinkies popping eyes are one of her best comic tools, and that bell scene was especially hilarious.

3-3.jpg

1-14.jpg

2-7.jpg

Ark said:
Holy shit massive nostalgia and huge lols.

Just watched the latest episode and holy shit Pinky Pie is CRAZY.

Really sad that next week is the last episode in the series :(

Season.
There's a huge difference.

Nishastra

Banned
Here's the avatars I've done so far. I'm doing them in alphabetical order, but that Twilight was in the same frame as Fluttershy 2.

HGYcX.png
dnWRH.png
GMAua.png
EMOyH.png
BNwnp.png
0h6zi.png
M4mC0.png
YnK39.png

I'm posting them now because I need a bit of a break :p

jogarrr

Negator said:
She looks better with her hair down

P6n2ds.png

--

Nice avy's Nishastra. The Gummy ones are awesome. (Gummy should replace Spike as a main character. Spike should be sent to the lonely world of background characters for not being as awesome as Gummy.)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Nishastra said:
In British English, there isn't.
thats because the british cant make a show worth remembering past a few weeks.

coronation street only broke the season barrier because it never stops.

AceBandage said:
And that is why we had a Revolution.
Silly backwards nation.
:p
As much as I'm insulted by your omission of the letter U in some of our words, I can't disagree that saying season is much less confusing than series.

Here the two words are kind of interchangeable.

Pandaman said:
Or when we do you guys just steal it from us *cough*the office*cough*.

Though admittedly, I can't stand the British office and love the U.S. version.

G-Fex

Pandaman said:

coronation street only broke the season barrier because it never stops.

Hold it right there, I activate the BBC tv card.

My Family
Doctor Who
Spaced
Top Gear

This negates every argument in your post

NEO0MJ

jogarrr said:
.Nice avy's Nishastra. The Gummy ones are awesome. (Gummy should replace Spike as a main character. Spike should be sent to the lonely world of background characters for not being as awesome as Gummy.)

Yeah, Gummy is awesome. Still, Spike looks much better in his evil costume than Gummy does in his Tuxedo.

Nishastra

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:
As much as I'm insulted by your omission of the letter U in some of our words, I can't disagree that saying season is much less confusing than series.
Actually, it's kind of the reverse. American English has the older versions of such words. The Us were added to British English after America split off, which is why America retains the older forms.

So it's you adding Us to perfectly good U-less words :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom