• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Zomba13 said:
Just watched it. My god!
Crazy Pinkie was awesome. Also Gummy just makes me laugh whenever he shows up. He just looks so funny.
I blame the other ponies. They didn't reciprocate their appreciation for ALL the other parties Pinky threw. She was feeling neglected. My story and I'm sticking to it! :D

How About No said:
I'm in the middle of the sick bird ep. and all I can think of is "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM" when the guards appear
I'm sure there's already a mod out there. Just saying that means one came into being.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ZoddGutts said:
Heh love the reactions. Great review and score though.

The best responses are the in character ones.

Cockatrice

29 April 2011 | 12:32 PM CDT

"One of the central threads of the show involves three very young ponies, still hoping to gain their cutie marks, who spend much of their time attempting to grow up faster than they really should and, thus, getting into all sorts of wacky scrapes."

I came so... close... SO CLOSE to turning those three little assholes to stone.

Damn that Fluttershy.

I'll be at the bar.

Fluttershy

29 April 2011 | 12:50 PM CDT

Oh, poor Cockatrice. It's okay, you just didn't know it wasn't alright to do that. Now you know better.

Negator

Pinkie Pie confirmed for
yangire

That episode had me in stitches the entire time! It would have been a great episode, but Gummy's appearance in the episode just made the whole package even better!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, Psychotic Pinky just seems so out of place on the show....

9341%2B-%2Bcrossover%2Bemo%2Bmadmax%2BMario%2Bpinkie_pie.png

CassSept

RiccochetJ said:
All I learned from this episode is that if you're friends with Pinkie Pie...

You're friends FOREEEVERRRRRRRR.
I wanted to link to "Friendship is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Hasbro, Inc" scene with Pinkie biting bird's head off and chewing on it but the parody is sadly no longer available due to a copyright claim by Hasbro.
Oh-

ZoddGutts

Holy crap this ep. Pinkie Pie lost it. So creepy yet so funny. Couldn't stop laughing how nuts she was becoming or should I say already is.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
CassSept said:
I wanted to link to "Friendship is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Hasbro, Inc" scene with Pinkie biting bird's head off and chewing on it but the parody is sadly no longer available due to a copyright claim by Hasbro.
Oh-
Pinkie Pie...
Bunny stew...

Let's go there.

Enk

makes good threads.
This episode was almost getting into some Ren & Stimpy type territory with some of Pinkie's mannerisms towards the end. Really enjoyed this ep.

Myke Greywolf said:

Animators TF2 fans confirmed?

So yeah that episode was awesome! I would ask "was it just me?" but it seemed like I'm not the only one who thought
Pinkie's decent into angry insanity
seemed like a really dark turn mood swing for the series.

Still lots of fun GIF and PMV potential.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Poor, poor Pinkamina Diane Pie. She only wants to be around people and feel their happiness. Actually, more than wanting it, she needs it. She knows about every single pony in Ponyville, and we can see why. She doesn't like being alone - in fact, she's absolutely terrified of it. That destiny brought her nearer to these 5 particular ponies was a blessing to her, because she now had someone to focus her efforts on, someone to try and become true friends with, and who would hopefully need her as much as she needed them.

Now we know what happens when her cries for attention are seemingly ignored by the ponies she is counting on to preserve her sanity. Hate is the closest emotion to love, as was proven when she immediately plunged into paranoia and lashed out against the ones who she now saw as betrayers of her friendship and dedication. At the same time, she couldn't help but create a new set of "friends" from whatever was within her grasp and had no chance of denying her - a pathetic lot of inanimate objects.

This was within the course of one day - just imagine what would have happened had she been left in this state for a week.

I wonder what the cutie mark for a good psychotherapist would be?

For this insight into Pinkie's mind, the slapstick and the facial expressions, this episode gets a rating of 16/20 from me.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This show just keeps on delivering :) Not one really bad episode so far (screw you, CMC haters!) and this one was top-tier again!
I really, really appreciate the coherence between most of the episodes, not really a 'continued' storyline - except for the Gala one - but almost every ep has nods to older episodes and what happened before. Also, the Pinkie Pie vs Applejack scene at the barn door was fucking ACE :D

Probably one of the best episodes to date. Has anyone noticed that
Pinkie may not like Applejack or even likes Applejack the least in the group?
I mean, Applejack was the first pony to receive Pinkie's "evil stare"

jogarrr

Episode is up on iTunes.

mazeedibeedi said:

Yes. AJ had better watch her back.

FCuQ0m.png

Jintor

I was reading the Onion AV club comments and it struck me that I was actually reading the Fluttershy posts in Fluttershy's voice. Whoever's writing those has got her tone down perfectly.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Myke Greywolf said:
Poor, poor Pinkamina Diane Pie. She only wants to be around people and feel their happiness. Actually, more than wanting it, she needs it. She knows about every single pony in Ponyville, and we can see why. She doesn't like being alone - in fact, she's absolutely terrified of it. That destiny brought her nearer to these 5 particular ponies was a blessing to her, because she now had someone to focus her efforts on, someone to try and become true friends with, and who would hopefully need her as much as she needed them.

Partying is her addiction. It's her crack.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
mazeedibeedi said:

Seems like she doesn't like anyone, but just uses them all to feed her addiction.

Well, that was incredible. I honestly didn't expect them to delve so deeply into the insanity that is Pinkie Pie. She's a few cupcakes short of a baker's dozen and apparently doesn't suffer from depression for too long. Or perhaps I should say, she chooses not to suffer from depression. Instead, she creates her own reality to fit her needs.

The little details in this episode were great too. PDP deflating and actually losing her bright, vibrant colors was a great touch. Gummy is awesome. I don't know what it is but he makes me laugh. Got another little taste of AJ vs RBD. Also got to see some Fluttershy/Dash comradery which is always nice. AJ's deflection skills were quite bad and Pinkie's frustrated "Okie dokie lokie" was perfect. Spike's interrogation was top notch too.

Also, "This afternoon this afternoon?"

Awesome stuff.

Jintor said:
It's very amusing that screenshot is taken with bots
Hey, it was just for testing purposes I'm sure. And I would totally download that spray if I could; whenever I try to Firefox gives me a stupid "could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. Try again later, or contact the server administrator." error that I don't understand.

I have to say this episode is up there with my other favorites (Suited for Success, A Dog and Pony Show, and Sonic Rainboom). Pinkie's psycho twitches during her party with the turnips and rocks were brilliantly animated. Loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom