• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxix Von

Thnikkaman said:
Speaking of the Wonderbolts, something really bugs me. So they wear these superhero suits, but wouldn't that cause impressive chafing on a pony? I mean really. Logic.

:p

Would it? I mean they have all that fur, does wearing a hat chafe your head?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Ultimoo said:
Trollestia shows her true colours in the season finale.
She had it planned months beforehand! It was genius!

AND WE LOVE YOU, FLUTTERSHY! EVEN THOSE WHO DIDN'T LOVE YOU BEFORE! PLEASE DON'T KILL US!

2th

Banned
DrForester said:
Again, This episode showed that Celestia keeps all the jerk ponies and animals in Canterlot to protect other ponies. She's awesome.

so by that reasoning, aside from having her save Equestria from Nightmare Moon, Twilight was sent to Ponyville in order to get her away from all the bad ponies in Canterlot?

careksims

After all of this my list.

1. Rainbow Dash
2. Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rarity, Apple Jack.

Though I ADORE angry Fluttershy's voice. "COME OUT!" "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!" and that evil laugh!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
2th said:
so by that reasoning, aside from having her save Equestria from Nightmare Moon, Twilight was sent to Ponyville in order to get her away from all the bad ponies in Canterlot?

Yes, because she was turning into one of those snobs. Always reading to the point of not making friends. Twilight would have ended up like the rest of them.

I spit my coffee at the screen when Fluttershy broke through the door yelling "YOU WILL LOVE ME!!!
Are the spoilers necessary now?

Edit: WOOHOO STREAKING NUDE (not really :p)

Nishastra

Banned
careksims said:

1. Rainbow Dash

Though I ADORE angry Fluttershy's voice. "COME OUT!" "YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!" and that evil laugh!
I approve of the nature of your list, good sir :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Derpy joined on Synchtube watch too.
K4EK2m.jpg

Blueblood appearing totally ruined my fan fiction idea. :p

2th

Banned
careksims said:

1. Rainbow Dash

i politely request a drawing of evil fluttershy. it would be even better if she were doing the YOU WILL LOVE ME face.

Edit: holy christ you are freaking fast!!!

P0ai1.jpg

And Celestia cemented herself as the biggest troll in Canterlot. Also, I liked the Disney references, especially Rarity breaking her glass slipper.

So... Season 2...
Episode where the gang fights their alternate reality selves?
Evil FS, Depressed Pinkie, Dumb Twilight, Messy Rarity, Self Loathing RBD, Anti-Social AppleJack.

Ark

Spike in the bar at the end has to be my #1 favourite moment of the first season for me.

Great episode, great fun with GAF.

AceBandage said:
So... Season 2...
Evil FS, Depressed Pinkie, Dumb Twilight, Messy Rarity, Self Loathing RBD, Anti-Social AppleJack.
Good-natured Celestia, maybe?

Neki

AceBandage said:
So... Season 2...
that would be so awesome. What about Spike? Competent Spike? And in the alternate universe, Luna is the queen and Trollestia was sealed away? It would have to be an awesome dream/alternative universe.

KtSlime

duckroll said:
Thoughts on the finale:

I felt it didn't really work. The song was pretty bad, but that aside it should really have been a two-parter rather than just one episode. It felt underwhelming because all we got to see was their high expectations, subsequent disappointment, and then them making a mess of everything. After that we get a "and it was all okay because FRIENDSHIP IS HUGZ" lesson or whatever, without actually showing them having an actual good time. I feel a second episode with them running away from the Gala and then doing all the things Spike wanted to do, and really enjoying themselves and having a ton of fun together would have made a more powerful ending.

Also, no fucking Luna. BOO!

A two-parter would have been nice, however I think this episode should have taught you not to have too high of expectations, because it doesn't often turn out as you want, and as long as you have friends you can enjoy yourself.

Foxix Von

ivedoneyourmom said:
A two-parter would have been nice, however I think this episode should have taught you not to have too high of expectations, because it doesn't often turn out as you want, and as long as you have friends you can enjoy yourself.

Which is.... exactly what we did. o_O

Oh god, that's kid of meta.

Neki

Ark said:
Remember, this is a children's TV show at heart haha.

Maybe season 2 will see more of a plot? Hmmmm.

My expectations are too high I guess. That is what the finale has taught us!

karby

1. Trollestia
2. Flutttershy, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie
3. Steven Magnet
9000. Cutie Mark Crusaders
9001. Applejack

Nishastra

Banned
Ark said:
Remember, this is a children's TV show at heart haha.

Maybe season 2 will see more of a plot? Hmmmm.
Well, I believe Lauren Faust has said that there will be some kind of recurring villain in season 2.

duckroll said:
Thoughts on the finale:

I felt it didn't really work. The song was pretty bad, but that aside it should really have been a two-parter rather than just one episode. It felt underwhelming because all we got to see was their high expectations, subsequent disappointment, and then them making a mess of everything. After that we get a "and it was all okay because FRIENDSHIP IS HUGZ" lesson or whatever, without actually showing them having an actual good time. I feel a second episode with them running away from the Gala and then doing all the things Spike wanted to do, and really enjoying themselves and having a ton of fun together would have made a more powerful ending.

Also, no fucking Luna. BOO!
I agree with the song bit, it dragged on for a while. The ending started off well, with drunken Spike and all, but yeah your idea of them doing what Spike want to do would have been better than Celestia coming out saying that this was the best night blah blah.
Luna will get the Lime-light next season, you can quote me on that.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Fluttershy rage avatar, in case anyone wants it.

cQiqB.png

Nishastra

Banned
DrForester said:
Recurring villain in season 2....

Luna in Season 2...

Faust wouldn't.....
Nah, she also said that Luna's transformation into Nightmare Moon was not a natural one. Some outside force cast a spell on her.

wsippel

Banned
mazeedibeedi said:
I agree with the song bit, it dragged on for a while. The ending started off well, with drunken Spike and all, but yeah your idea of them doing what Spike want to do would have been better than Celestia coming out saying that this was the best night blah blah.
Luna will get the Lime-light next season, you can quote me on that.
Wouldn't be surprised if Luna joined the main cast in Ponyville. She definitely needs friends as well. And Hasbro needs to sell new toys.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Nishastra said:
Nah, she also said that Luna's transformation into Nightmare Moon was not a natural one. Some outside force cast a spell on her.
Wait, what? When was that established? All I remember was something about her just being really, really bitter and jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom