• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNum

And THAT is how you end a season. So many callbacks a great song, and some awesome character moments.

I loved that Rarity's prince turned out to be such a jerk, it really set up a great contrast between Rarity's refinement and Blueblood's snobbery. But the star of this episode has got to be Fluttershy. As expected you REALLY don't want to get on her bad side. Flutterhulk SMASH!

OMG Aero

That episode was so good.
Crazy
Fluttershy was the best.
Thanks so much for watching everyone, it was definitely better watching it together than alone and I'm totally going to do this for season 2.
In case anyone wants to watch the intermission videos again, here they are:
Singing Telegram by Bufbaf [mp3 download]
Inception Trailer
Polka is Magic
Trot Fuzz by ThreeSix
I'll Make a Man Out of You
Pony Effect 2
Art of the Dress (8-Bit)
Instrumental Medley
Winter Wrap-Up (8-Bit)
Main Theme (8-Bit RPG Battle)
Giggle at the Ghosties (8-Bit)
Double Rainbow Dash
Night of Pony
Pinkie Trigger - Corridor of Cupcakes
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic provides a realistic representation of life in Ponyville (AKA the Moonbase Alpha video)
You've Got to Share (8-Bit)
Super Ponybeat - Cutie Mark Crusaders
Myskinsoft Pony Remover
Cutie Mark Crusaders (8-Bit)
Super Ponybeat - So Many Wonders

And the video I'm sure everyone is sick of: Standby Derpy. But seriously guys, thanks for watching and making it so fun.

Foxix said:
Which is.... exactly what we did. o_O

Oh god, that's kid of meta.
Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned that even if an episode doesn't live up to your expectations, it is still fun if you watch it with 50 friends.

Eh you know what, I changed my mind about Crazy Fluttershy. Its up for grabs if anyone wants it.
cQiqB.png

After seeing the whole season there is no question the order of the ponies is:

1. Fluttershy
2. Rainbow Dash/Pinkie Pie
3. Apple Jack
4. Rarity
5. Twilight

UberTag

OMG Aero said:
Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned that even if an episode doesn't live up to your expectations, it is still fun if you watch it with 50 friends.
The best part about today's/tonight's episode is that for the first time ever both the ponies and the PonyGAF bronies were able to SHARE in the lesson of the day.

Ark

I gotta say the build-up to the finale was great, all the trailers & music videos.

Massive kudos. Now get to work on the Season 2 OT!

McNum

I'm releasing control of this avatar:
mmeyp1.jpg

Thinking to upgrade from cutie mark to full pony, so I'll be trying out this one from Nishastra, row 9.
Plp5h.png

I was thinking of crazy Pinkie, but this is Twilight running into a wall. I like classic slapstick.

McNum

Nishastra said:
Hahaha. That avatar amuses me :p
Yeah, it's funny. I was considering swapping to it earlier, just too lazy. Then the Belle Eve event happened and I needed to switch back anyway, so it was a good time to swap.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
CHEEZMO™ said:
Dont know if I should jack in my Belle avi and go back to Miss Sanguine.
I suggest pocketing these avies and let the rest of GAF forget. They will be lulled into a sense of security. Then when season 2 starts... BAM! Ponies everywhere. Shock and awe baby!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
RiccochetJ said:
I suggest pocketing these avies and let the rest of GAF forget. They will be lulled into a sense of security. Then when season 2 starts... BAM! Ponies everywhere. Shock and awe baby!
Someone should make a post listing the different Belle avies and who they belong to. Would be interesting.

OMG Aero

Since we are posting our Belle avatars, this one was mine. I'm going to keep it for a bit longer though, maybe until there is a decent quality version of this episode to get avatars from.
7EfxR.png

Also check this out:
tW2Qe.jpg

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
CHEEZMO™ said:
Someone should make a post listing the different Belle avies and who they belong to. Would be interesting.
Take the one you had and stick it on a thumb drive. Then go buy a tiny security box and place it in there. Decorate as necessary. Then when the season 2 premiere is nigh, at 12pm GMT we will all collectively open them. And somewhere Jenga's eye will twitch.

KtSlime

RiccochetJ said:
Take the one you had and stick it on a thumb drive. Then go buy a tiny security box and place it in there. Decorate as necessary. Then when the season 2 premiere is nigh, at 12pm GMT we will all collectively open them. And somewhere Jenga's eye will twitch.

Do you think Jenga visited our finale party on synchtube? I like to think he was one of the lurkers watching the show, too afraid to speak up and ruin his role.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
ivedoneyourmom said:
Do you think Jenga visited our finale party on synchtube? I like to think he was one of the lurkers watching the show, too afraid to speak up and ruin his role.
I honestly do tbh :D He was closing in on 100 posts in this thread.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
RiccochetJ said:
This made me laugh harder than it should have.

bloodeve4.png

Mine.

Ahh, feels good to have her back.

Negator

So many great moments in that episode, wow.

What a great way to end the season!

Crazy Fluttershy, Rarity smashing the slipper, Trollestia...

McNum

I just used the vanilla Belle Eve, too. Except I think there are two variants of vanilla Belle, one has more contrast than the other. I used the low contrast one.

Negator

Awww man, I'm sad now. I don't feel like watching any more anime. It won't be as good as what I just watched.

This is going to be the longest summer ever.

Ikael

Pondering about the Duckroll's review of the finale. While I agree that the finale needed to be bigger and that it would have been more powerful to show the fallout of the Gala, but come on, weak? It was Luna - tier episode. Lots of comedic moments, and further character - building (and Celestia - related, nonetheless!). Quite awesome if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom