• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one was mine:
uitX0.png
Going back to my original but with a little something extra.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Fluttershy is so yandere dude.

YOU WILL LOVE ME

Pinkie Pie doesn't compare!

careksims said:
I wake up to this. What is going on? No wait. I know :) Very flattered.

I was surprised no one did a Gaf Pony. I was staring at the cutie mark right there! Her colors are all based on the forum colors. I drew her because I thought you guys might get a kick out of her.

Thank you Pony GAF for a very amusing thread and seeing so much awesome talent all around.

P.S. I was very amused by the reactions to the human Jack/Dash pic. I told myself I will not do versions of the others because I felt same way. It's like I betrayed them. Humanize ponies! Noooo!

Thank you. :) I hope you do more ponies. Maybe some based on ponygaf members?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Regulus Tera said:
Fluttershy is so yandere dude.

YOU WILL LOVE ME

Pinkie Pie doesn't compare!

Thank you. :) I hope you do more ponies. Maybe some based on ponygaf members?
If he made (a good) one on me I would ride his dick and swap my avi out permanently.

Neki

DrForester said:
All that shows is that Fluttershy is stronger.
Your love for Fluttershy has only blinded you from her insanity. Pinkie Pie confirmed to best and 2nd craziest pony in all of Equestria.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ultimoo said:
Your love for Fluttershy has only blinded you from her insanity. Pinkie Pie confirmed to best and 2nd craziest pony in all of Equestria.

Fluttershy never talked to lint, or a bag of flour.

Neki

DrForester said:
Fluttershy can talk to animals, who is to say that Pinkie's power isn't the ability to talk to inanimate objects?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
While I agree the conclusion came by too quickly, I don't think a second episode would have been justified by just showing them how they got together and had fun. You would have to stretch either the gala segments or the gathering segments for too long.

I don't understand the hatred for the songs. Both were top tier. Really fun to listen to and the visuals matching them were fitting.

DrForester said:
She never would have hurt the animals.

You underestimate yanderes.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ultimoo said:
Fluttershy can talk to animals, who is to say that Pinkie's power isn't the ability to talk to inanimate objects?

Because we clearly saw pinky doing the voices herself.

Regulus Tera said:
I don't understand the hatred for the songs. Both were top tier. Really fun to listen to and the visuals matching them were fitting.

Wasn't catchy. I could hum bars of Art of Dress, Winter Wrap Up, even Gotta Share after one viewing. The only thing I remember about the gala song was RD's part was best, but I don't even remember it that well.

Regulus Tera said:
You underestimate yanderes.

Then it proves she isn't one, because Fluttershy would never hurt animals.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nishastra said:
Nah, she also said that Luna's transformation into Nightmare Moon was not a natural one. Some outside force cast a spell on her.

I really hope next season does not rely too heavily on continuity. The first two episodes were among the weakest so far.

DrForester said:
Wasn't catchy. I could hum bars of Art of Dress, Winter Wrap Up, even Gotta Share after one viewing. The only thing I remember about the gala song was RD's part was best, but I don't even remember it that well.

I'll agree it wasn't as catchy, but it was obviously playing on the traditional Disney segment. The sum of visuals and audio sold it for me.

DrForester said:
Then it proves she isn't one, because Fluttershy would never hurt animals.

That's what a yandere thinks too before she snaps!

Neki

Regulus Tera said:
I really hope next season does not rely too heavily on continuity. The first two episodes were among the weakest so far.
The two episodes were not weak because of continuity though.

Because we clearly saw pinky doing the voices herself.
Pinkie can hear them talk, but we can't because we cannot hear the language of inanimate objects. So in order for the audience to understand, she must articulate their speech to us.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
11087%20-%20blueblood%20prince_blueblood%20spike.png

UltimooPinkie said:
can hear them talk, but we can't because we cannot hear the language of inanimate objects. So in order for the audience to understand, she must articulate their speech to us.

Keep telling yourself that

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ultimoo said:
The two episodes were not weak because of continuity though.

The show is better when it is about the ponies' interactions than when it is trying to be an epic. This applies for the Rainbow Dash episodes too.

Neki

Regulus Tera said:
The show is better when it is about the ponies' interactions than when it is trying to be an epic. This applies for the Rainbow Dash episodes too.
That has nothing to do with continuity. You can still have an overarching storyline that won't affect the overall enjoyment of the show. Trying to be cliche and epic is what gets MLP in trouble, not continuity. Character development and storylines that can last more than one episode is what you get when you can actually let episodes link.

Regulus Tera said:
She was just about to capture and dissect those critters for perpetual friendship!
That is fundamentally not what a yandere is. A yandere does not purposefully hurt the ones they care about, they target everyone and everything else that tries to get in their way.

KtSlime

Master Milk said:
That is fundamentally not what a yandere is. A yandere does not purposefully hurt the ones they care about, they target everyone and everything else that tries to get in their way.

Well except for School Days... Yeah, that was a mistake watching it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ultimoo said:
That has nothing to do with continuity. You can still have an overarching storyline that won't affect the overall enjoyment of the show. Trying to be cliche and epic is what gets MLP in trouble, not continuity. Character development and storylines that can last more than one episode is what you get when you can actually let episodes link.

Maybe it should approach a Doctor Who style? Stand-alone episodes with a really vague arc tying them together.

Master Milk said:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yandere

tvtropes said:
And now, it comes in two flavors:
Possessive: This type of Yandere is so in love with his/her crush that she's willing to kill her beloved to prevent other love interests from taking him away from him/her.
Obsessive: This type of Yandere is willing to kill off her competition so he/she can be closer to his/her loved one.

She's obviously type 1.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
DrForester said:
Nope she stalked. She was determined to make them love her. Pinkie dealt in her own non-violent way. Crazy? Yes. Harmful? No.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Retiring Spike and Belle until the next season. Back to ole' Fenix for me.

I'll definitely still be seeing you guys in the community forum, though.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Adelor Lyon said:
This was a thoroughly enjoyable end to a wonderful season. I wish I could've joined in the synctube festivities. Perhaps next time.
Wouldn't mind if once in a blue moon we held a communal viewing on a Friday :) It was way too much fun!

I really liked the pilots. Part of me thinks the Sailor Moon with ponies thing they were going for before Hasbro said they wanted the shows viewable in any order might have been even better than what we got.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Amibguous Cad said:
I really liked the pilots. Part of me thinks the Sailor Moon with ponies thing they were going for before Hasbro said they wanted the shows viewable in any order might have been even better than what we got.

Then thank you hasbro. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes, but an entire season of them zapping things with friendship. Just can't see it working.

Dai101

Banned
DrForester said:
Then thank you hasbro. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes, but an entire season of them zapping things with friendship. Just can't see it working.

Same here. I'm a long time fan of Sailor Moon but i'm really glad they weren't in that route. I really like this "Slice of Life" style they are going.

KtSlime

Amibguous Cad said:

I imagine since it has been a success Lauren will have more control over the destiny of the show and will be able to work in some of the ideas for story arch she wanted to at the beginning. I think we would be better for it too since we have already gotten to know the world/vocabulary/characters, and can now work from there. Frankly I don't mind if we don't get a major story arch, but I think we will with season 2.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
DrForester said:

XD okay I laughed

Did I see more than 1 Time Lord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom