• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nishastra said:
I think that honor goes to this:

0sIR8m.jpg

8/10

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
parappa how do you make your lines curve without the curve carrying into the next anchor. i never figured that out when i was photoshoping and it killed my interest in vector art early on.

the curve i did to the 2nd-3rd anchor line carries over into the third-fourth anchor line?
You've got to make the two handles for the 3rd anchor point in different directions. I can see only one handle in your example. Maybe that particular anchor isn't set to "corner"?

Edit: Ooops, sorry for the double post. :(

Pandaman said:
parappa how do you make your lines curve without the curve carrying into the next anchor.
Each point has two handles (or... whatever they're called). If you hold down some combination of shift/ctrl/alt/apple/option (just one of them, but it depends on the program/OS) you can move them independently. If you click and drag that control rod allllllllll the way back into the point, it's as if it doesn't exist and won't mess up the other half of the point. This is extremely easier to do in flash, if you're wondering how feasible it is to make a show trying to deal with this madness.

That way, you can make what looks like a circle cut in half, as opposed to a hideous blob that looks nothing like a straight edge next to a curved edge.

ALSO VECTOR PROTIP: most programs have a "smooth" option that will clean up your points and curves a little bit. It helps to memorize the shortcut for it, and/or set up a shortcut, and use it liberally. DOUBLE PROTIP: it will usually yell at you unless you have a bunch of points selected.

mazeedibeedi said:
Anyways bronies I got an Accounting test tomorrow. Wish me luck
General_Pepper_in_64.jpg

Calpain

mazeedibeedi said:
Anyways bronies I got an Accounting test tomorrow. Wish me luck
Best of luck to you! Pinkie will throw a party for you after you're done.

Edit:
Lan_97 said:
Found out about ponies Thursday night. Finished all of season 1 Saturday night. Awesome show.
Glad to hear you liked it! I still remember the first time I sat down and watched it. Best two nights ever.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
mazeedibeedi said:
http://i.imgur.com/C7Gbm.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

The clever bastard also pulled me in from SC2-GAF.

Curse you Panda!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Lan_97 said:
Found out about ponies Thursday night. Finished all of season 1 Saturday night. Awesome show.
It always warms my heart, knowing about one more person "getting it". It is excellent that you got the opportunity to watch it all in two days, at must have been quite an experience!

ChuckNoLuck said:
Whoa, did anypony know that Flying_Phoenix was banned today?

I was just scrolling down the "Valve: No existing plan for 'Source Engine 2'" Thread and saw banned next to his name right here.

He appears to be angry at the thread and the OP for taking Valve's statement out of context.

Developing...
There can only be one phoenix...
WDHjM.png

Seriously though, I always sad to see someone who obviously has great tastes in both mythological creatures and children's television get banned.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Pandaman said:
parappa how do you make your lines curve without the curve carrying into the next anchor. i never figured that out when i was photoshoping and it killed my interest in vector art early on.

see:
JFzxh.png

the curve i did to the 2nd-3rd anchor line carries over into the third-fourth anchor line?

If you're using Photoshop:

After you make the 3rd anchor point, Alt+click on the 3rd anchor point to end the curvature.

I'm assuming you're trying to do something like this?

OraeQ.jpg

Pancakes

I really hope I'm not the only one who missed this little scene in the first episode.

Neki

Nishastra said:
It's funny how often that happens.
Wasn't checking through his latest posts and he didn't say anything too ridiculous. Oh well, we will live on in his honour! The synctube the other day was awesome though, lol.

p.s finally finished Phoenix Wright

Calpain

Pankaks said:
I really hope I'm not the only one who missed this little scene in the first episode.

I missed it the first time I saw the episode, but noticed it when I saw it again. I love the little touches this show has.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
alright, i had to give pony art a try. >_>

i figure i should probably work on a general body structure before going into details, so this is what i have for a body shape of a filly.
v1:
http://i.imgur.com/a4muZ.png
v2:
http://i.imgur.com/LdqSv.png
blue rear background leg. orange front background leg.

the neck feels thick and the back needs work, i don't have many side on views of the younger ponies saved so i dont have much to compare too.
im almost happy with the head shape, the snout may be a tad large tho.
profile feels more like a deer than a pony tho...

Myke Greywolf said:
It always warms my heart, knowing about one more person "getting it". It is excellent that you got the opportunity to watch it all in two days, at must have been quite an experience!

I was similar. I stumbled upon this thread when it was till in OT randomly one day. After reading the OP I was intrigued and created a youtube playlist of every ep. Unfortunately I was knee deep in finals crunch so I couldn't watch them, but as soon as I finished that I had a great graduation present to give myself!

Since then I have introduced many friends to the show via this thread and that playlist. Also, I've been lurking this thread and listening to tons of pony music remixes while gaming (8bit remixes while playing FF4 on PSP = ^___^).

Calpain

I found what I thought were some cool looking pictures for you all!

First up is Night Mare Moon. I'm really digging the attention to detail on the armor

Some Derpy

A cool picture of Rainbow Dash. I really like the colors on this one for some reason.

And some Portal as I just finished Portal 2 today, which was awesome by the way

Foxix Von

Calpain said:
I found what I thought were some cool looking pictures for you all!

First up is Night Mare Moon. I'm really digging the attention to detail on the armor

OMG! That's awesome! *right click save*

Do you know if there is any more like this? Errr tarot themed pony art that is?

Chuck

Still without luck
jogarrr said:
Yeah, I think every single image in that album is pretty incredible.

Some of his art references famous artwork (I think), but I just wish I understood some more of these said references.

Calpain

jogarrr said:
Yeah, I think every single image in that album is pretty incredible.

Looking at that gallery I would have to agree and it'll be interesting to see what else they come up with.

In other news, Daniel Ingram uploaded some behind the scenes photos of when he recorded the 'At the Gala' song which includes a picture of him with the voice actress for Applebloom. You can find them here on his Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/dannyimusic

Careksims is awesome

AL96Hl.jpg

These will be ivedoneyourmom's and I's avatars for the next two weeks, per our bet before the Seattle-Portland clash earlier this weekend.

Phew, I feel so behind (on a series that's on break right now, go figure). Work keeps me busy on the weekends.

Bufbaf said:
Still searching :)

Here's all the audio I've done so far. I haven't done a lot of the newer stuff, but I know there's a couple of songs you need in there:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b9j49e7j8tfnx

Anyway, about the whole PSN / Pony debacle. Well, as I said before, quite disheartening, especially when a mod called it "disgusting" over just one little Animated GIF Dr. Forester posted. Unless it turned out to be super disappointing, I was hoping to use the smiling Twinkie Pinkie gif (probably modified with Text and a related picture) for the Cafe or other big E3 announcement.

It seems like the "hatedom" is split into two groups.

-The angry, sexually insecure who probably have no shred of their inner child left and just can't get the thought out of their head that pink ponies and rainbows = bad.

-The misinformed "furry haters" who see the pony craze as some kind of furry uprising and that the only people who watch the show either just do it for lulz and trolling or are turned on by the ponies.

I have the feeling most people are of the latter group and will warm up to it eventually.

In any case, how about some videos. If you guys like AMV Hell type parodies, there's really a bunch of good ones out there now.

Fluttershyelsa's Friendship is Magic Randomness series:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FluttershyElsa#grid/user/3617CDB323E9D593

PMV Purgatory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he3wQeD35d0

And PMV Purgatory 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AiUddrXRyU

And here's "Another Pony Video"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jHnTgz1HEU

The same guy made this awesome PMV called Moonshine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvQBVYNKrNk

Whogie

My birthday is on the 18th, so my brother threw a surprise birthday party today. He started it with a scavenger hunt using MLP themed clues:

I picked up my friend at my school's book store, and each friend had a different clue to find the next friend(s).

The Starbucks inside of the Safeway

Apple store

Borders

Hot Topic

(local shop)
A place called Book Passage near the DMV.

California Pizza Kitchen

:)

Pancakes

Whogie said:
My birthday is on the 18th, so my brother threw a surprise birthday party today. He started it with a scavenger hunt using MLP themed clues:

This is so awesome :D.

Chuck

Still without luck
Whogie said:

This. Is. AMAZING! Your brother is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom