• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
Myke Greywolf said:

At first I though this was really cool, but after seeing it more it started to creep me out as most 3D cartoons do.

How About No said:
Almost makes me think a CG version of the show would be good. Preferably in a claymation-style.

There is no way the show could have anywhere near the level of detail in the expressions or animation in that style.

And welcome back Jenga. =)

ChuckNoLuck said:
Unfortunately, yes.

http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/journal/40428056/

But since then, many of the other creators of the show have assured the fans they they have Lauren's vision in mind.

Not only that, but people somehow got mixed up thinking that since she announced it BEFORE Season 2 Airs, that she has nothing to do with it at all, and that's not the case. She still did script approval and laid the ground work for the episodes, so there's really not going to be some startling difference as opposed to her not leaving.

Wow that 3d Rarity is great! The human ponies were pretty good too, except for the way Fluttershy's dress reminds me of the courtesans from Assassin's Creed.
She is a lady, not a tart!

Anyhoo glad to see Jenga's back, have a gif.
9Yw47.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Bufbaf said:
Now, which songs did I forget so far?

Lets check - if anyone has (or is able to create) the following Songs as A cappella versions

- My Little Pony FIM Theme Song (possibly with the Chorus part at the beginning?)
- Pinkie's Grand Galloping Gala song
- Twilight is my bestest friend

- Evil Enchantress (on youtube, don't need it)
- Hop, Skip & Jump :D
- Hush now, Quiet now (done)
- CMC Theme Song of absolute awesomeness (on youtube, don't need it)
- Pony Pokey (!!!!!)
Myyke :D Anybody!

Master Milk said:
Oh my.

How do they manage to take the music out?
I'm no expert, but there are 5.1 surround sound versions of the episodes out there and they're probably able to extract just the center track which is vocals only.

I have to say that the songs in 5.1 sound absolutely awesome when turned up. Especially "At the Gala". So epic.

Yeah, it ends up taking out all the back up vocals as well, which are on the left and right channels, which is why the chorus sounds so much weaker.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Bufbaf said:
Myyke :D Anybody!
Here are some for you to get your fangs on:

Intro song
The Grand Galloping Gala
Twilight is my Bestest Friend

Tell if you need more from before or after the songs. :)

Now I'm getting the hang of this, the others ones are going to be easy. :D

If you want to try it yourself with Audacity, here are the steps:

- Import the video files with 5.1 sound directly into Audacity
- Delete all tracks except the first three ones (front left, front right and center)
- Mix front left and front right, we'll call this the instrument track
- De-Amplify the instrument track by -20 dB (use Effects->Amplify)
- Invert the instrument track
- Mix the instrument track with the center track

Voila, the remaining track should have only voices and sound effects, and nothing more!

Only problem is, it's really not possible to remove the sound effects, since they're recorded on the same track as the voices.

I'll get to the other songs right now.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Myke Greywolf said:
Here are some for you to get your fangs on:

Intro song
The Great Galloping Gala
Twilight is my Bestest Friend

Tell if you need more from before or after the songs. :)

Now I'm getting the hang of this, the others ones are going to be easy. :D

If you want to try it yourself with Audacity, here are the steps:

- Import the video files with 5.1 sound directly into Audacity
- Delete all tracks except the first three ones (front left, front right and center)
- Mix front left and front right, we'll call this the instrument track
- Amplify the instrumental track by -20 dB
- Invert the instrument track
- Mix the instrument track with the center track

Voila, the remaining track should have only voices and sound effects, and nothing more!

Only problem is, it's really not possible to remove the sound effects, since they're recorded on the same track as the voices.

I'll get to the other songs right now.
Thanks! Evil Enchantress is done, I think I'll keep that one away from Youtube as a 'bonus track' for now.

Confused101 said:
I'm no expert, but there are 5.1 surround sound versions of the episodes out there and they're probably able to extract just the center track which is vocals only.

I have to say that the songs in 5.1 sound absolutely awesome when turned up. Especially "At the Gala". So epic.
Definitely agree, soo good.

Are there any 5.1 audio rips of the Gala song about?

Edit, and I can't remember where I got it from, but I fell asleep once listening to a rip of Winter Wrap Up's (the whole episode) rear two channels, with the ambient noise of birds and stuff and the music. It's so relaxing.

I really hope there's a proper release of all this music, it seems like it would be a waste not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom