• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furret

Banned
A couple of questions I've been meaning to ask:

What accent does Rarity have? Is it New England?

Are there any proper interviews with Lauren Faust or any of the other staff, or particularly voice actors? Especially anything after it was obvious the show was a hit and with an "unexpected" demographic?

While I'm here:

God tier characters: Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, Spike.

Good tier characters: Applejack, Fluttershy, Celestia

The only bad ones: Cutie Mark Crusaders (although Apple Bloom is quite cool on her own) and Snips and Snails.

Foxix Von

Furret said:
A couple of questions I've been meaning to ask:

Are there any proper interviews with Lauren Faust or any of the other staff, or particularly voice actors? Especially anything after it was obvious the show was a hit and with an "unexpected" demographic?

While I'm here:

God tier characters: Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight Sparkle, Spike.

Good tier characters: Applejack, Fluttershy, Celestia

The only bad ones: Cutie Mark Crusaders (although Apple Bloom is quite cool on her own) and Snips and Snails.

Let's see I'm not exactly sure what you'd call Rarity's take on english but as for interviews there's always 91.8 the fan's interview with Tara Strong which you can listen to here: http://918thefan.com/2011/kanas-korner-interview-with-tara-strong/

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Say Myke, could you extract the "My Little Pony" Chorus line from the show's theme? I don't know if it's even possible with all the stereo background whatnot, but that would be awesome.
edit: Dig your new avatar, Foxix :)

Calpain

Wow, I go to a neuroscience convention for a day and the thread grows by several pages. I hope we can keep up the activity over the summer.

We're doing this now?

The captions are guaranteed hilarity.
Heh, those are pretty funny. I'll have to go back and watch some of my favorites with captions turned on.

Talking about pictures I found a couple of interesting ones.
Here's a picture of the hydra from Pinkie Keen

Pony in the Mist which was Favorited by the show's art director (surreal so I'll just leave a link)
Pony in the Mist

Luna enjoying an appropriate night time snack

On a related art note, the Twilight Sparkle sketch from the auctions awhile back arrived safely when I got home from my convention. If any of you bid in that auction, thank you for driving the price up! It was a lot of fun and I was glad to see so much money raised for Japan.

Besides the drawing it came with a personal thank you from Lauren which was unexpected. I continue to be impressed by the people that have worked on this show. Anyhow, I hope the rest of the drawing made it safely to their destinations.

Furret said:

Ive heard it described as a Mid-Atlantic accent, which is apparently a fake accent invented for the movies?

Calpain said:
Wow, I go to a neuroscience convention for a day and the thread grows by several pages. I hope we can keep up the activity over the summer.

Oooh, that sounds interesting. Could an interested layman get anything out of such a conference, or do you work in the field?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Amibguous Cad said:
Ive heard it described as a Mid-Atlantic accent, which is apparently a fake accent invented for the movies?
14b6nh2.gif

OMG Aero

Calpain said:
On a related art note, the Twilight Sparkle sketch from the auctions awhile back arrived safely when I got home from my convention. If any of you bid in that auction, thank you for driving the price up! It was a lot of fun and I was glad to see so much money raised for Japan.

Besides the drawing it came with a personal thank you from Lauren which was unexpected. I continue to be impressed by the people that have worked on this show. Anyhow, I hope the rest of the drawing made it safely to their destinations.
Whoa hold on a second. You're the guy that bought the Lauren Faust Twilight drawing? How much did you end up paying?

Also you should totally take a picture of it.

Furret

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:

Ah yes, that sounds very plausible. There's definitely an air of '40s glamour to Rarity.

I can imagine them telling the voice actor to stick a bit of Katharine Hepburn in there.

jogarrr

Calpain said:

Oh wow! You won that? Congrats!

Calpain said:
This is pretty awesome. Up there with dancing_luna.gif

Calpain

Oooh, that sounds interesting. Could an interested layman get anything out of such a conference, or do you work in the field?

There was a great one hour presentation at the end summing up the history of Alzheimer's disease research before diving into more recent developments concerning the discovery of ADDLs which are small globulars composed of beta amyloid.

Even though I work and study in the field I would say a layman would have been able to follow the presentation quite easily. My research is mainly focused on tau protein and how it interacts with the protease Calpain which creates a toxic protein fragment that appears to cause cellular death.

jogarr said:
Oh wow! You won that? Congrats!
Confused101 said:
Whoa whoa whoa.
Calpain, you won the Twilight Sparkle auction? Good god man! Congrats!

Foxix said:
Sweet mother of pony that's a lot of apples. O_O
OMG Aero said:
Whoa hold on a second. You're the guy that bought the Lauren Faust Twilight drawing? How much did you end up paying?

Also you should totally take a picture of it.

Thanks for the congratulations everyone. I'll definitely see about taking a picture of the drawing for you all. And yep, $6,200 was the final cost (minus shipping), but it was worth it for such a good cause.

Calpain said:
Thanks for the congratulations everyone. I'll definitely see about taking a picture of the drawing for you all. And yep, $6,200 was the final cost (minus shipping), but it was worth it for such a good cause.

There isn't a brohoof epic enough for this. I'll use this anyway

aAyUU.png

Congratrs, man.

Foxix Von

FlightOfHeaven said:
If there's a MLP entry with a section about MLP's fanbase, a brief mention there would suffice. On the NeoGAF entry? Hella no.

It wouldn't be out of place assuming there's something along the lines of a "notable sub communities" entry.

In which case absolutely we should have a mention on there.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
tiff said:
What's the worst that could happen?
Begins with "P" and ends with "ogrom".

Edit:
Foxix said:
Gaf was also responsible for the ostrich hammer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ_XFQqmNxs

Yes it's actually in the game.

Also while I'm not so sure I like the idea of a "Notable Members" section, something along the lines of a "Notable sub-communities" entry wouldn't be out of order.
Sowing the seeds.

Muahahahaha!

evil_spike_vector_by_issyrael-d3eqbrw.png

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Bufbaf said:
Say Myke, could you extract the "My Little Pony" Chorus line from the show's theme? I don't know if it's even possible with all the stereo background whatnot, but that would be awesome.
edit: Dig your new avatar, Foxix :)

This is the better I could do:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ux5bow6bna9ibf

The chorus and the instruments are recorded on the same tracks (left and right), but during the ending song, the center track has only the instruments, without the chorus. I amplified and inverted that track to cancel out the instruments from the left/right tracks, but even so I couldn't silence them completely. However, if you cut only the chorus phrases, the instruments should be almost imperceptible during those moments.

Maybe Audacity just hasn't got the right filters for this. :(

Also, wow at Calpain being the winner of the Twilight sketch auction.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wait, when did Faust acknowledge neogaf?

edit: Guys, much as I love PonyGAF, ED mentioning the letter project is hardly an a nod from Faust herself.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Please don't, Mazeedi. You are great, and it's good to have enthusiasm and some measure of brony-pride, but people here don't need the grief that could arise from this.

OK then. I was just thinking out loud and only posted this thought on PonyGAF. The image I posted was taken from the Off-topic Wiki thread. Also I helped spread the word on the letters to Faust so expect me to get giddy at small pieces of news :p
btw I only have a couple of days till I become a full member :)
Edit: if shit does hit the fan, then I'll take full responsiblity

Darte

Wow I just remembered an old song I listened to in high school, will fit Dash PMV perfectly! Got my next project! and don't ask! It'll be a surprise!

Here's some more art I've trawled off the internet.
Can you name all these characters? I can't. From memory, I'm missing two.

HAHAHAHA!

Oh, Gilda!

Someone vectorized this awesome Fluttershy Photo Finish glamour shot.

I love this image.

More art by Kaymurph. Apparently it's based off of designs by Emlan

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Captain Fish said:
Here's some more art I've trawled off the internet.
Can you name all these characters? I can't. From memory, I'm missing two.
twilight, applejack, fluttershy, rainbow dash, pinkie pie, rarity, celestia, luna, spike
bigmac, grannysmith, gilda, zecora, scootalo, applebloom, sweetiebelle, ???, cheerilee
majourpony, carrotcake, cupcake, snips, snails, braeburn, fashion critic pony?, photofinish, ???
yellowhaired wonderbolt, soarin, spitefire, derpy, dr. whooves, lyra, bon-bon, manly tennis pony, foxix

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Pandaman said:
twilight, applejack, fluttershy, rainbow dash, pinkie pie, rarity, celestia, luna, spike
bigmac, grannysmith, gilda, zecora, scootalo, applebloom, sweetiebelle, ???, cheerilee
majourpony, carrotcake, cupcake, snips, snails, braeburn, fashion critic pony?, photofinish, ???
yellowhaired wonderbolt, soarin, spitefire, derpy, dr. whooves, lyra, bon-bon, manly tennis pony, foxix
The Great and Powerful Trixie, Hoity Toity, Sapphire
Had to look up the name of the character for the last one, but I finally recognized who be it.

Pandaman said:

Snap,
Braeburn and Vinyl Scratch(Foxix) are the ones I couldn't get. I think the Vinyl Scratch body colour is way too blue.

I probably should've said place rather than name, since some of them don't have official names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom