• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darte

So guys I could use your input on this.

I wanted to make more videos but nothing is gonna happen for at least the next 2 weeks as I prepare for finals/projects/presentations but I wanted to do make two series of videos.

One is a series of funny short videos, the first one I've already got somewhat planned out...

and the other one is a series of music videos.

Now for each of the music videos I wanted to spotlight a certain character, but I'm having trouble with the music selection.

Nothing is finalized but here is what I have in mind:

Applejack: Something Country themed
Twilight: ???
Fluttershy: Bubbly by Colbie Caillat / Smile by Uncle Kracker / ???
Pinkie Pie: ??? (perhaps something hyper/fast paced?)
Rarity: ???
Rainbow Dash: Something speed themed
Spike x Rarity [Not sure if i wanna do this, maybe just center around spike]: Back to you John Meyer

If anyone wants to toss out suggestions, it would help!

BDGAME

Myke Greywolf said:
Here in Portugal, we have the saying "Quem não tem cão, caça com gato": "If you don't have a dog, go hunting with a cat."

This saying is wrong. The rigth one is "Quem não tem cão, caça como gato!" (If you don't have a dog, hunt like a cat!)

The use is the same and make more sense, since a cat is a lonely hunter.

From Daniel Ingram's (FIM Songwriter) Facebook Page:
So how can Top Draw say they are doing 24 episodes this year for Season 2 of FiM, and my credit list say 26, and BOTH be accurate? Because 2 episodes for season 2 were animated in 2010 as part of the Season 1 package. They are now sitting on a shelf deep in Hasbro Studios waiting patiently for the other 24 to join them.

Darte

Highly doubt we'll see those 2 until winter season starts D;

...or maybe it could be a part of the DVD release? :O

Thanks for the suggestion guys, keep em coming, I'm noting em all down.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Darte said:
Applejack: Something Country themed
Twilight: ???
Fluttershy: Bubbly by Colbie Caillat / Smile by Uncle Kracker / ???
Pinkie Pie: ??? (perhaps something hyper/fast paced?)
Rarity: ???
Rainbow Dash: Something speed themed
Spike x Rarity [Not sure if i wanna do this, maybe just center around spike]: Back to you John Meyer

If anyone wants to toss out suggestions, it would help!

Twilight: Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science

BDGAME said:
This saying is wrong. The rigth one is "Quem não tem cão, caça como gato!" (If you don't have a dog, hunt like a cat!)

The use is the same and make more sense, since a cat is a lonely hunter.
MIND. BLOWN. Can you believe I always heard it the other way?

I've been listening to many of the songs recently while I do other things and I noticed something for the first time. Applejack says everyone instead of everypony during her portion of Winter Wrap Up. That's probably because the food would be used for the other animals too and not just the ponies, but for some reason it feels weird to hear a character say everyone after getting used to always hearing everypony.

ThreeSix said:
There's too many syllables to make "everypony" fit in there comfortably with the pace of the lyrics at that point. The song writer probably just had to bite the bullet on that one, not that it was a big deal since you barely notice it.

That or the 4th wall just received another crack in the glass.

That's the first thing I thought of, then I thought about how the food would probably be eaten by more than just the ponies. Either way, when I noticed it I had a brief "wait, wat?" moment.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Regulus Tera said:
Pinkie Pie's the voice of nightmares.
I actually love to hear her sing, the singer's voice is adorable with the way she occasionally squeals the beginning or ending of each syllable.

Have you heard the way she sings the word "party" in the singing telegram? Absolutely delightful. She's so expressive!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Oh, she's a pretty good actress. All I'm saying is that, when she sings from the void, it's as if I'm hearing the forbidden dreams of Cthulhu from his house at R'lyeh.

Myke Greywolf said:
tumblr_lhvfhsPeIS1qhh45wo1_400.gif

OMG Aero

Myke Greywolf said:
Have you heard the way she sings the word "party" in the singing telegram? Absolutely delightful. She's so expressive!
I think that's my favourite part of the song. It's so adorable.
9CHE8.png

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
OMG Aero said:
I think that's my favourite part of the song. It's so adorable.
9CHE8.png
Mine's the "It won't be the same without you" line. Just saying.

God I'm looking forward to the next PonyGAF public viewing D:

Furret

Banned
Darte said:
Highly doubt we'll see those 2 until winter season starts D;

...or maybe it could be a part of the DVD release? :O

Thanks for the suggestion guys, keep em coming, I'm noting em all down.

Hang on, wait. Has there been any news on this?

OMG Aero

Furret said:
Hang on, wait. Has there been any news on this?
Unless I missed some news, I think the latest thing to do with this is Hasbro hinting at a DVD and/or Blu-Ray release on their twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/MyLittlePony/status/66598319492833280
Stay tuned...RT @shamefulsecret: when can i get dvds/bluray of season one @MyLittlePony fim?? thanks :)~

Furret

Banned
OMG Aero said:
Unless I missed some news, I think the latest thing to do with this is Hasbro hinting at a DVD and/or Blu-Ray release on their twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/MyLittlePony/status/66598319492833280

Nice, thanks.

Does anyone know the chances of the Blu-ray being region free? My only experience of that sort of thing is that the DC animated movies always are.

Tizoc

I don't see what's wrong with Pinkie Pie's song from the Buffalo and AAAAAAAAAAAppeloosa ep.
Song seemed perfect and conveyed its message well =/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If I were in any way shape or form interested in this and had to rank my top three ponies I assume they would be:

- Fluttershy
- Rarity
- Pinkie-Pie

Thankfully I'm not interested this show in the slightest and you're all still monsters and I'm trying to find an exit this is not an exit this is not an exit this is not an exit this is not an exit this is not an exit this is not an exit this is not an exit

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
EatChildren said:
If I were in any way shape or form interested in this and had to rank my top three ponies I assume they would be:

- Fluttershy
- Rarity
- Pinkie-Pie

Thankfully I'm not interested this show in the slightest and you're all still monsters and I'm trying to find an exit this is not an exit this is not an exit this is not an exit this is not an exit this is not an exit this is not an exit this is not an exit

One of us.

One of us.

One of us.

Good picks, though I would switch out Pinkie-Pie with Twilight

CHEEZMO™ said:
If they do put out DVDs, then they better be released in the UK or I'm gonna get mad.
HAHAHA! oh man, UK! DVD release! classic stuff.
If it isn't a movie or a British made television show you can bet we will be either...
a) waiting a long time for a release or....
b) never getting a release
Bonus option: released as an HMV store exclusive with a price tag bordering on the precipice of madness.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Nocturnowl said:
HAHAHA! oh man, UK! DVD release! classic stuff.
If it isn't a movie or a British made television show you can bet we will be either...
a) waiting a long time for a release or....
b) never getting a release
Bonus option: released as an HMV store exclusive with a price tag bordering on the precipice of madness.
I'll (reluctantly) take the HMV option. The HMV in my town closed down so I'd have to go into Manchester to get it.

Such bullshit though >_>

OMG Aero

EatChildren said:

- Fluttershy
- Rarity
- Pinkie-Pie

That's a pretty good list.
You know, if you liked the show. Which you don't.
Ookami-kun said:
So... how come Youtube caption couldn't caption the show properly despite fine English?
Because computers are dumb.

Bufbaf said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNSWiby15PE
Pony Pokey x Mousou Sketch

No idea why the volume always gets so low after uploading :/ Anyway, enjoy!
Interesting combination. As usual you've done a good remix, but I have to say my favourite one is still the Cupcakes remix.
EatChildren said:

- Fluttershy
- Rarity
- Pinkie-Pie

There is no exit. Next thing you know you'll be humming tunes from the show and quoting Fluttershy on message boards.
Welcome to the herd :p

n8

Unconfirmed Member
EatChildren said:

- Fluttershy
- Rarity
- Pinkie-Pie

You might have just found my list, but for some reasaon Fluttershy and Raity should be swich.
Ookami-kun said:
So... how come Youtube caption couldn't caption the show properly despite fine English?
rc3q.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom