• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
It took about 2 months for me I think. After about a month after I applied, I took off on vacation. When I got back, I discovered that I had been approved. It was about 6 months of posting for me to become a member and during that time I slowly moved from Gaming to OT. Now I'm mainly in this thread. Honestly never could have foreseen this when I first applied to GAF.

Also, damn you Cheez. ;p

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Took about 4 months til I got in. But even then, I used a free email to register. I might have gotten denied at first, so when I noticed a mass of juniors getting in, I reapplied with a school email. Got in almost instantly then.

I'm just not much of a poster, and the additional rules need to gain member status has held me back more.

Also nice mix bufbaf, best use of title song used in a mix yet I think.

tiff

Banned
Nishastra said:
The rules used to be different. I remember it was time OR a number or posts, whereas now it's time AND a number of posts.

I got it through just time.
Guess I was lucky then. These days it kinda seems like getting member status is like trying to navigate a minefield blindfolded.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It took about three months for my account to get validated.

Myke Greywolf said:
Thanks for the encouragement, people, I promise the finished version will be worth your while.

Meanwhile, here is an awesome piece I found in Bronibooru:

OBOCm.jpg

What did Pikachus ever do to ponies?! :(

I'm not even sure how long it took to become a member, I just happened to notice one day I could actually make threads. I think about half of my total posts are in this thread.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
RomanticHeroX said:
I'm not even sure how long it took to become a member, I just happened to notice one day I could actually make threads. I think about half of my total posts are in this thread.
Only 10% of your posts are in here.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
1.9%

That's actually quite a bit for me though. #1 is the SC2 beta thread with 567 posts, #2 is SC2 OT proper with around 251 posts, and then there's this one with 238.

I find it interesting that many of you don't actually post outside of Pony-GAF.

I don't really see GAF as a whole as being a community, at least not a great one. It's just too large, which makes it great as an aggregator but means there's too much variance in interests and posters. There's a lot of people here who I likely have very little in common with, and more than a few people who I just don't care to hear from. So instead I stick to Pony-GAF and a few other groups based on shared interest.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
RomanticHeroX said:
I don't really see GAF as a whole as being a community, at least not a great one. It's just too large, which makes it great as an aggregator but means there's too much variance in interests and posters. There's a lot of people here who I likely have very little in common with, and more than a few people who I just don't care to hear from. So instead I stick to Pony-GAF and a few other groups based on shared interest.

There's very few sub-communities that I find myself in, but I still post a lot in other threads. You don't have to limit your posts just to the sub-communities. I'm sure that probably 75% or more of my posts come from threads where I post less than 10 times.

20% of my posts are in here. I'm surprised it's that high, to be honest. 10% or so in MLSGAF.

I wonder how many of my posts were in the We're Here We're Queer thread before the mods decided to kowtow to the bigots.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Master Milk said:
How do you guys know how many posts you have in here?
On any thread in the forum, simply click the post count to get a list on how many posts each user that did post.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
4% of my posts are on ponygaf
23% of my posts are in the various starcraft threads
9% of my posts are in street fighter threads
community forum is best forum confirmed.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Pandaman said:
4% of my posts are on ponygaf
23% of my posts are in the various starcraft threads
9% of my posts are in street fighter threads
community forum is best forum confirmed.
I managed 62 posts, now 63 in this thread. How the heck did I manage so many just passing through?

CassSept

Thnikkaman said:
I managed 62 posts, now 63 in this thread. How the heck did I manage so many just passing through?
I have 60 (now 61) posts in this thread yet it feels like I only lurk here. Weeeird. Though I'd probably have more if not for the fact that this topic moves the fastest while I'm asleep. We need more Euro bronies!

Darte

62% here ._. I was mostly a lurker posting once in a blue moon [hence being still a junior even though I've been here since late 2008

But almost a full member now!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ChuckNoLuck said:
^^^^^^

What the fuck happened to Ookami-kun?!

=(
jenga's revenge has begun, no one is safe.

i looked around and didn't see any dangerous threads he was posting in, so i dont know. :( hopefully its not for long, and he can always talk to us through facebook and the like.

Narag

Yeah looked like he was continuing the trolling from beast786's thread which is a poor idea in a thread guided by a mod.

Chuck

Still without luck
And can somepony tell me or point me to a place that explains how banning works on GAF?

Everything I see banned next to a name in this thread, I panic thinking we've lost another one of our pony brethren, FORREEEEEEVERRRRR.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ChuckNoLuck said:
Everything I see banned next to a name in this thread, I panic thinking we've lost another one of our pony brethren, FORREEEEEEVERRRRR.
when you are banned, every pageview is redirected to a screen that explains the reason of your ban [in theory].

if you want to actually read the forum, you have to logout. typically first bans for minor reasons like trolling or small rageouts are not permament, but they can be if you're still a junior [if you do something bad enough to be banned in your first 200 posts, you're not seen as the stable long term type], so unless ookami has a long history, he'll likely be back. hopefully in a week, more likely in a month. it depends. I don't know anything about how Nirolak mods, so he must do a decent job of it.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
ChuckNoLuck said:
And can somepony tell me or point me to a place that explains how banning works on GAF?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15
Those are the general rules anyways. With E3 around the corner and with playoffs happening for the NBA and NHL, you have to understand that the mods aren't exactly forgiving right now. Just watch the mood of the thread, pay attention if mods appear, and don't make knee jerk posts.

Chuck

Still without luck
Ok then, no more panic here. Ookami-kun will be back soon, hopefully.

Everypony get your anthro ready so we can welcome him back in style!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ChuckNoLuck said:
Ok then, no more panic here. Ookami-kun will be back soon, hopefully.

Everypony get your anthro ready so we can welcome him back in style!
i always kept a supply of anthro on hand incase ookami ever went out of control...

thats my excuse and im sticking to it.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Foxix said:
Probably explains why my first few threads were garbage and not beautiful golden turds I crap out now like the "is mass effect an rpg" thread, the epic avatar fest that was the tactics ogre lttp OT, and "so a cat came to visit my house last night" haha.
My first thread was a thing of such boredom-induced magnificent stupidity, that to this day, I'm still surprised as to how I still have the capability to create new threads. Actually, I really don't know if I still have it, because I was so embarrassed at the result that I never dared to click the "Create Thread" button again until today.

I was actually asking people *where they were* at that moment. Clearly the work of a perverted psycopath stalker.

McNum

I made my first thread earlier this week. Complaining that they just don't make games like Raptor: Call of the Shadows anymore. Got referred to GOG and Turian 2000, so a decent success. Still want a new Raptor game.

This is my 70th Pony thread post which makes it 8.7% of all my posts in this thread. I mostly post Gaming side, though, My Little Pony was my first major OT thread that I followed. Also I've never been banned, ever. Not NeoGAF, not anywhere, not even temporary bans. I can spot a hornet's nest pretty well, and know not to kick it. That and when I'm in a bad mood and writing a post, I look at it and think "Do I really want to post that?" The answer, of course, is "If I have to ask, then no."

I'm halfway curious exactly what happens when you're banned, but I can live with not knowing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom