• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
OMG Aero said:
This is one of your best ones yet. Any idea when the album will be complete?
Hey, thanks :) My intention was to use every song from the series, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do that - there should only be 2 or 3 left, though, so I hope to finish it up next week.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I'll miss Aero's Fluttershy, no matter how great Myke's drawing will turn out :) (And it will probably be amazing)

BY2K

Membero Americo
Pandaman said:
we have our own lurkers guys. :D

LQvHE.jpg

spoilered incase he's not cool with being associated with internet ponies.

waves and brohugs for the invisible brony community of gaf.
--

myke's work is always awesome, aero is the new luckiest man alive i see. :D

A year? Took me about what, 2 months maybe?

tiff

Banned
jogarrr said:
Yeah it only took a month or two for me. Then I continued to lurk for two more years. :p
I didn't even really lurk after I signed up. I waited a few months for acceptance and after that I barely posted until last year. Was too busy posting on other boards.

Ark

I signed up during E3 2010 after two months of lurking. Then after 6 months of still not being able to post, I made a new account with a new e-mail in December '10 (because my old e-mail was dead and I wanted a different username) and got accepted...a couple of months ago.

The system sure likes to take its time.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BY2K said:
usually its an email thing. some emails will be accepted in the registration process but denied in approval.

i ended up waiting 2 years before re-queuing with a different email and being accepted. just dont log in to the first account after you reregister, i got an email warning about that because i used to cycle between them to see if one had been accepted.

Nishastra

Banned
I was a long-time lurker. I think I finally signed up because I wanted to talk about Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.

However, by the time I actually got in I no longer cared, so I really just went on lurking :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Bufbaf said:
Also, I'll miss Aero's Fluttershy, no matter how great Myke's drawing will turn out :) (And it will probably be amazing)
I'm not asking anyone to use whatever I do for their avatars, I'm just doing it because friendship and magic and sharing and practice and ego boosts and whatnot.

I've been a member for more that 5 years, but a pretty unremarkable one at that, and mostly a lurker. I was never the confrontational/provocative kind that seems so "popular" around here, so I sticked to posting uncontroversial opinions and tastes.

And now that I'm here, I no longer care about that... too much.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I love the lurkers that aren't member yet. Because we all know they are smart people who's favorite pony is Rainbow Dash.

If it wasn't I'm sure they'd say something.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DrForester said:
I love the lurkers that aren't member yet. Because we all know they are smart people who's favorite pony is Rainbow Dash.

If it wasn't I'm sure they'd say something.
i was reading a paper earlier that said rainbow fans were 20% more likely to look dashing and have a charming wit.

it had error bars, so it must be true.

BY2K said:

I think for me it was something like 4 months, I remember I was considering emailing the staff because it was taking so long and that there may have been some kind of technical error (yeah I remember I had to contact Verizon about my ISP e-mail address), but just when I was going to, my account was activated.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Pandaman said:
i was reading a paper earlier that said rainbow fans were 20% more likely to look dashing and have a charming wit.

it had error bars, so it must be true.
Pinkie fans party like rock stars. So much so that after getting back from a business trip, they have to do the pony thread walk of shame to figure out what the hell they posted after getting back from the bar last weekend.

I'm a Twilight fan!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Took me roughly six months to get approved.

Before when I was lurking, I was so eager to get approved and start posting. But when it finally happened, I just kinda went "meh" and continued to lurk.

akira28

Captain Fish said:
I like the vocal harmonies and chord progressions. It's easy and fun to play along with on guitar. I also really like the "(I just) died in your arms tonight" vibe of it.

FAME! I wanna live forever! dadadada something words, FAME! Until I get my cutie mark!

That song is totally an 80s homage, plus a take off of the Fame theme/80s hair rock.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
AdawgDaFAB said:
Who is everypony's favorite singer of the crew?

I think I love them all (yes, even Scootaloo) but there is something about Applejack's voice in both Winter Wrap Up and At the Gala that I love. Even more so, I think my favorite section of all the songs is Rainbow Dash's section in At the Gala. I have been listening to all the shows songs lately and I always anticipate her part of that song every single time I listen to it (especially in Biff0r's mashup). I really want both of them to have more singing roles next season.

I'm not a huge AJ fan, but man if I'm not a sucker for Southern/Texas singing accents.

Darte

Wee just finished the first short video! Well...this one ended up a bit longer than I would have liked since it introduces things but can't help that!

Low Budget (read $0) video incoming within the hour!

Damn I must have done something right, I registered and was posting the next day which just happened to be the day of "Bird in the Hoof" which just happened to have dead phoenix(for about a minute). I probably spent more time looking for an email I could use then waiting to get accepted.

Chuck

Still without luck
So am I lucky that it took me about two days before my account was approved?

Or, are you ponies talking about something else and not junior memberships?

ChuckNoLuck said:
So am I lucky that it took me about two days before my account was approved?

Or, are you ponies talking about something else and not junior memberships?
Yes, you are very lucky.

They're talking about the time between registering an account and actually being able to post with it.

Foxix Von

It took me so long to get my confirmation email that when I finally got it I quite literally skipped right over the junior member phase.

I don't know how that happened I just remember being surprised at my posting and finding that I had achieved member status without doing anything haha.

Probably explains why my first few threads were garbage and not beautiful golden turds I crap out now like the "is mass effect an rpg" thread, the epic avatar fest that was the tactics ogre lttp OT, and "so a cat came to visit my house last night" haha.

Nishastra

Banned
Darte said:
Well here is my short!
Derpy Shorts #1: A new Derp!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBZ0hvbqKVc
That was... bizarre :p

For some reason I really loved Derpy flying around outside the Death Star veeeery slooooowly.

tiff said:
I'm pretty positive I got member status before the rules actually said I was supposed to too.
The rules used to be different. I remember it was time OR a number or posts, whereas now it's time AND a number of posts.

I got it through just time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom