• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pandaman said:
there's such a thing as going too far in either direction!

i support people who have waifus, but i don't think its healthy to buy bodypillows of them. >_>

also she obviously had other deep seated social problems that were causing her to act out and like dinobot.

Please tell me you're not serious.

Look Panda, it's not just about the fact that we're talking about ponies and the whole bestiality angle here. We're talking about children's cartoon characters. Sexualizing an innocent child cartoon character is just creepy. Period. If that image was Blossom from the Powerpuff Girls or Lisa Simpson, you'd also have a very strong negative reaction.

Also, everybody liked Dinobot. Don't be hatin' on the Dinobot.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Pandaman said:
Pony gaf, i am disappointed. so quick are you to abandon the purity of your newfound moe~ when something unnerves you. where is the spine that held us together in the face of our earliest detractors? where is that courage and depth of spirit now?

i say to you, look not upon that image and see a pony and a man, the characters of MLP are not mere ponies. they are the encapsulation of ideal personhood and that is what draws us to them. Loving a MLP character is nothing so strange that we must hide it away in fear of being judged socially and having shame in their appearance betrays the very root of our love for them in the first place.

people do not love rainbow dash because she's a pony with a rainbow mane, they love her for the strength of her spirit and her character. we love applejack because of the honesty and down to earth goodness of her character, not because shes an orange pony with apple tattoos. it is the personality of these characters that is the true force of attraction and personality exists independent of physical appearance.

I am so disappointed, i thought others had discovered a new path to the true beauty of moe~, but it seems some of you really are just creepy and crass. :(

indeed. :(

a waifu is not something so easily replaced that one finds a new one every other season, you insult my love sir!
i don't even watch the show. i just wanted an avatar =/

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
Please tell me you're not serious.

Look Panda, it's not just about the fact that we're talking about ponies and the whole bestiality angle here. We're talking about children's cartoon characters. Sexualizing an innocent children's cartoon character is just creepy. Period. If that image was Blossom from the Powerpuff Girls, you'd also have a very strong negative reaction.
this is why I'm disappointed, its never been about sex. hence why the bodypillow is going too far. >_>

if you want to imagine sexual relations with mlp characters, you're probably a little creepy.
if you can only associate a love for a character with a desire for sexualization, then you ARE creepy.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Kalnos said:
This thread just took a turn for the weird.

EDIT: The even weirder.
Yea it did. I enjoy the show for what it is. 22 minutes of innocence and fun. Nothing more. Nothing less. I'm standing along side with G-Fex saying "Don't you fuck this up for me"!

BY2K

Membero Americo
RiccochetJ said:
Yea it did. I enjoy the show for what it is. 22 minutes of innocence and fun. Nothing more. Nothing less. I'm standing aside with G-Fex saying "Don't you fuck this up for me"!

Same.

ZealousD

Pandaman said:
this is why I'm disappointed, its never been about sex. hence why the bodypillow is going too far. >_>

THEY WERE KISSING IN A BED

You have to be trollin', dude. That's the only way this makes sense.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
THEY WERE KISSING IN A BED

You have to be trollin', dude. That's the only way this makes sense.
now im in that awkward place where i have to decide if posting the rest of the comic for context would make things better or worse.

ZealousD

Pandaman said:
now im in that awkward place where i have to decide if posting the rest of the comic for context would make things better or worse.

Worse.

Much, much worse.

You need to bail the fuck out.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
Worse.

Much, much worse.

You need to bail the fuck out.
stop being a creepy stereotype zealous. :(

the appeal of the mlp characters is their personhood, in a situation where they actually existed that personhood should be respected. they dont actually exist though, so dryhumping bodypillows can be... problematic.

the comic represented a situation where a person was enabled to express his love with an actual living, feeling and emotional person.. that happens to have the body of a purple pony. the actual full comic addresses that this situation is only a dream and that the character has to address the fact that he cant just dwell on an internalized ideal person and must move on.

lexi

Banned
I'm with G-Fex on this. IF you must tread down this unholy path, please do it over at Deviant Art or something. Let this thread remain untainted.

Dem ponies

not trolling, I haven't seen a single episode but I always see the pony avatars in threads and wanted to know where it was from. I kinda thought this was like a "happy tree friends" type show from the animation.

Keep enjoying your show Pony gaf, I always smile and laugh at the avatars

o_O at the last page , guess I came into the thread at the wrong time.

Edit: I like that avatar the post above mine, lol

Jintor

Alright guys, thread's over, MLP ruined forever

The weirdest MLP post I've seen so far was the 'ponies in lingere' art post on Equesteria Daily. Which is a pretty good reason NEVER to go to Equestria Daily

ZealousD

Pandaman said:
stop being a creepy stereotype zealous. :(

I'm not the one being creepy in here. You're defending an image of a generic male character kissing a female pony cartoon character in a bed. This is a sexual image. It's a PG sexual image, but it is still a sexual image. I would actually find it less creepy if somebody posted a Rule 34 picture in here, because at least I would be reasonably sure that it was all in the name of lulz.

And I certainly don't understand what you mean by stereotype. I'm not in this thread to shit on everybody's fun or make fun of people for liking the show or anything. My opinion on this show is pretty nuanced, thank you very much.

Pandaman said:
the appeal of the mlp characters is their personhood

Yes, their completely non-sexual and innocent personhood.

Kalnos

Banned
Uchip said:
lol wow
what happened here

ij1mvy.bmp

ZealousD

Foxix said:
I started cowering behind a wall of avatars about 20 posts ago. I'd welcome you in, but I forgot to build a door.

You all went in too deep. You should have seen this coming. It was bound to happen.

Although I must admit I hadn't exactly suspected that it would come from Panda. He's a friend of mine in as much as gaffer's can be friends. I always thought his love of "moe" had at least some element of tongue-in-cheekness. This episode has challenged that view. =/

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
I'm not the one being creepy in here. You're defending an image of a generic male character kissing a female pony cartoon character in a bed. This is a sexual image. It's a PG sexual image, but it is still a sexual image. I would actually find it less creepy if somebody posted a Rule 34 picture in here, because at least I would be reasonably sure that it was all in the name of lulz.

And I certainly don't understand what you mean by stereotype. I'm not in this thread to shit on everybody's fun or make fun of people for liking the show or anything. My opinion on this show is pretty nuanced, thank you very much.
the stereotype I'm referring to is that you're caught up on twilight being an imaginary pony and not an emotionally developed equal person as she exists within the context of that image.

of course people need to realize the differences in their situation as a real person loving an idealized person vs two imaginary characters loving each other. people who associate any love for a character with a desire for sexual relations with that character or a fetish for that characters appearance are kinda... eh. creepy.

Yes, their completely non-sexual and innocent personhood.
okay.

dream

Pandaman, in your expert opinion, what do you think is going on to the left of this pony and do you think it is consensual?

gs1jP.jpg

ZealousD

Pandaman said:
people who associate any love for a character with a desire for sexual relations with that character or a fetish for that characters appearance are kinda... eh. creepy.

No. No they aren't. It is reasonable to assume that any couple that is romantically involved is having sex. In fact, this is the expected behavior. This is not creepy. This is real life. Wake up to it.

Also, the two characters were KISSING. In a fucking BED.

Jintor

Pandaman said:
the stereotype I'm referring to is that you're caught up on twilight being an imaginary pony and not an emotionally developed equal person as she exists within the context of that image.

of course people need to realize the differences in their situation as a real person loving an idealized person vs two imaginary characters loving each other. people who associate any love for a character with a desire for sexual relations with that character or a fetish for that characters appearance are kinda... eh. creepy.

this seems like a strange way of saying that people disapproving of an image about two ponies kissing are the perverted ones

ZealousD said:
No. No they aren't. It is reasonable to assume that any couple that is romantically involved is having sex. In fact, this is the expected behavior. This is not creepy. This is real life. Wake up to it.

That might not be the word you want to use there...

G-Fex

I'VE HAD ENOUGH

Pandaman,

LXl2J.jpg

You do nothing, you can honestly put all your needless stupid arguements trying to justify stupid fan perversion. I won't hear it, none of us will for we all love this show for a different reason, and it wont be soured, IT WONT BE Tarnished. It's ours, and you know there's one thing you didn't count on with your trolling.

Us bronies, we stick together and friendship is magic, something you'll never get.

Am I right guys?

NOW HERES A PICTURE OF APPLEJACK

3VGUW.png

edit: Also to help I put you on my ignore list

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
all love is not romantic love.
people do[should] not have romantic love for mlp characters because my little pony characters do not actually exist.

that's because the human character had just fell asleep and is dreaming, in his dream he believes he hasn't quite fallen asleep when twilight first appears and besides, in his reality [or specifically in his belief] twilight actually exists so romantic love is actually an option there.

ZealousD

AceBandage said:
That might not be the word you want to use there...

No, I think it's exactly the word I want to use there.

Beds. People fuck in them.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Myke Greywolf said:
I was trying to pin down what Jenga's relation with Pony-GAF reminded me of, and I think I finally did it.

PKltV.gif

He's like our lovable but oh-so-grumpy pet!

B-But I thought I was the mascot. :(

Can I get that gif without the macro for trolling purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom