• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pandaman said:
all love is not romantic love.
people do[should] not have romantic love for mlp characters because my little pony characters do not actually exist.

that's because the human character had just fell asleep and is dreaming, in his dream he believes he hasn't quite fallen asleep when twilight first appears and besides, in his reality [or specifically in his belief] twilight actually exists so romantic love is actually an option there.

I can't believe this shit.

Look, it's pretty obvious to me that instead of actually legitimately considering that you may be in the wrong here, you're doubling down on the crazy and the awkwardness. So arguing with you isn't going to get us anywhere. So I'll just leave you with this. Nobody here agrees with you. Even the open-minded bronies are against you. These are guys that are comfortable enough with their sexuality and identity that they're willing to admit that they like a cartoon about magical ponies. Some of them even face ridicule as they've told friends and family members in real life about the fact that they like this show.

And yet nobody here is willing to back you up on this.

I still can't shake the feeling that you're being an ultralisk-sized troll here.

Choppasmith said:
0Xomx.png

Incredible post by Lauren Faust.

Nailed it.

Spl1nter

ZealousD said:
I still can't shake the feeling that you're being an ultralisk-sized troll here.

I dont think he is trolling man. I think he believes what he is saying. "Everything is moe to me". I just didnt think it went that far.

Uchip

Banned
AceBandage said:
Same with Sonic and Star Fox, though.
Such a shame.

dont get me wrong
they have some really great art
im just pointing out a lot of fans...swing that way? lol

sonic fans make everything seem better in comparison though

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Spl1nter said:
I dont think he is trolling man. I think he believes what he is saying. "Everything is moe to me". I just didnt think it went that far.

Yeah, like I said before, I always thought he was being slightly tongue in cheek. That he might have legitimately liked the whole "moe" thing to some extent, but that he knew the whole thing was kinda ridiculous. So this whole thing has been a surprise to me. And yet he has the gall to call me creepy. =/

shuri

Banned
G-Trex (or whatever) posting 'in character' has to be the most retarded post i've read in a decade of being a gaffer. I'm out of this thread

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
I can't believe this shit.
you dont believe that love is not contingent on physical/sexual attraction? okay. i disagree.

Look, it's pretty obvious to me that instead of actually legitimately considering that you may be in the wrong here, you're doubling down on the crazy and the awkwardness. So arguing with you isn't going to get us anywhere. So I'll just leave you with this. Nobody here agrees with you. Even the open-minded bronies are against you. These are guys that are comfortable enough with their sexuality and identity that they're willing to admit that they like a cartoon about magical ponies. Some of them even face ridicule as they've told friends and family members in real life about the fact that they like this show.

And yet nobody here is willing to back you up on this.
alright zeal, thats cool. my beliefs do not need to be popular to be my own.
they are borne out by the following principles:
-that love is a special relationship between two people.
and that personhood should be extended to all existent, intelligent, self-aware and emotional beings.

i dont think people should be romantically in love with my little pony characters
[that would indeed be creepy] because they dont exist, not because love between two persons hangs on ifs and buts.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I Am Now said:
In what way does that make it any better?
because its not real? sonic falls in love with random humans all the time and thats not cree- okay, bad example.

why werent people getting all bothered in avatar when jake sully was chasing fine alien ass? its because we recognize the personhood of the navi characters. it was easier to digest in that example because the navi are pretty much designed to be hot alien ass in alot of otherwise uncomfortable ways, but the principle remains the same.

Velti

Neo Member
Stop making us look bad. :I

I don't care if it's not real. It going to make anyone who see's it think the rest of the fans have a similar attitude, and I am not appreciatin' dat.

I Am Now

Banned
Pandaman said:
because its not real? sonic falls in love with random humans all the time and thats not cree- okay, bad example.

why werent people getting all bothered in avatar when jake sully was chasing fine alien ass? its because we recognize the personhood of the navi characters. it was easier to digest in that example because the navi are pretty much designed to be hot alien ass in alot of otherwise uncomfortable ways, but the principle remains the same.

That doesn't apply to this situation. In the setting of the movie he was a real person who fell in love with a real alien. You are a real dude who is in love with a fictitious pony. Your example would make more sense if someone irl fell in love with a Navi.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I Am Now said:
That doesn't apply to this situation. In the setting of the movie he was a real person who fell in love with a real alien.
in the setting of the comic, its a real person who has fallen in love with a real talking unicorn.

You are a real dude who is in love with a fictitious pony.
you aren't very good at reading are you?

i have at every turn said that it is not healthy to obsess romantically over imaginary characters.

G-Fex

You know I would cuss you out and say gtfo and all that. But it wouldn't help, damage is done, all you're doing is prolonging it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
overcast said:
Wait, what the fuck pandaman. My little pony fetish?.... jesus.
quotes from me:
people do[should] not have romantic love for mlp characters[...]
i dont think people should be romantically in love with my little pony characters [that would indeed be creepy]
i support people who have waifus, but i don't think its healthy to buy bodypillows of them. >_>
if you want to imagine sexual relations with mlp characters, you're probably a little creepy.
in a situation where they actually existed that personhood should be respected. they dont actually exist though, so dryhumping bodypillows can be... problematic.
of course people need to realize the differences in their situation as a real person loving an idealized person vs two imaginary characters loving each other.

yeah, im totally looking to fuck some ponies.

geeko

Creepy Gaf (For the most part) prevailed through trolls. Pony Gaf will be fine. We will still watch the show, and we will still enjoy it.

My thoughts on Pandaman's MLP fan art: This does nothing to further my enjoyment of this show. Its just unnecessary and OBLIVIOUSLY derails the thread. Please try not to to further derail us.

PONY GAF ROCKS!!!!

EDIT: F'ING Love my avatar!

I Am Now

Banned
Okay, let me take one more crack at this.
Pandaman said:
do you have siblings? neices and nephews? children? friends? do you want to have sex with them? no? but i bet you still love them.
A) I never said you wanted to have sex with the pony
B) Once again, this is not relevant to this conversation.

Pandaman said:
i have at every turn said that it is not healthy to obsess romantically over imaginary characters.
You have repeatedly said it's not healthy to be romantically in love with a fictitious character, but you never once denied that you are in love with that pony, sir.

Pandaman said:
a waifu is not something so easily replaced that one finds a new one every other season, you insult my love sir!

You aren't very good at keeping your story straight, are you?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I Am Now said:
Okay, let me take one more crack at this.

A) I never said you wanted to have sex with the pony
B) Once again, this is not relevant to this conversation.
lots of people are associating romantacism with a desire for sexual relations, im willing to grant that assumption since in the case of my example, you're unlikely to be romantically attached to a blood relative.

You have repeatedly said it's not healthy to be romantically in love with a fictitious character, but you never once denied that you are in love with that pony, sir.
why would i?

You aren't very good at keeping your story straight, are you?
i never said my waifu was a pony.

totowhoa

Banned
A+ Thread title :lol

I watched half an episode of the show. I can't really get into many kids shows (I love Pingu though), but this is the sort of kid's show I'd be so down to watch with one of my future children or my niece. Great animation, lots of charm, just not my cup of tea if I have a choice in what I watch in my own time.

geeko

Sigh, did we really need a title change.

Edit: I don't know who did the study but staring at ponies had only done good things for me, like make me laugh, so poo on you.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Sklorenz said:
A+ Thread title :lol

I watched half an episode of the show. I can't really get into many kids shows (I love Pingu though), but this is the sort of kid's show I'd be so down to watch with one of my future children or my niece. Great animation, lots of charm, just not my cup of tea if I have a choice in what I watch in my own time.

Pretty much my opinion. There's a charm to it, but I can't get into it. The animation is fantastic though. I do enjoy the captioned pictures that show up in this thread. Some of the avatars are amusing.

Pandaman is nuts. Thread title change isn't really fair. Thread was doing fine till that picture.

dream

Part of me feels bad about how much genuine pain G-Trex seems to be in over this pony fucking thing. I guess Amir0x wasn't kidding when he said some people really really really take their ponies seriously.

geeko

Wow thanks mods for giving trolls a reason to come in here and .... troll... us more. Really great of you guys... smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom