• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

mystery FF7 spinoff: not a straight ball but another curveball

From squarenet.info:

The newest issue of The Playstation 2 contains an interview with Tetsuya Nomura. He comments on the unannounced title in the FF7 compilation: while many people probably expect a remake or a sequel, the new title may be not a "straight ball" but another "curve ball" like Advent Children or Before Crisis. This baseball symbolism pegs the game as another off-beat spinoff - whether the rumored Vincent action game would qualify as such remains to be seen.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
OMG JUST MAKE A REMAKE OR SEQUAL!!!

u_neek

FF7GA.jpg

Try Vincent Gayden..

jett

D-Member
Why can't you give the people what they want? A FREAKING REMAKE. Also, I don't like how people treat Nomura as if he was the creator of FF7 or something. :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
These curve balls better just be foreshadowing/rekinding interest for a really awesome straight ball.

Laurent

jett said:
Why can't you give the people what they want? A FREAKING REMAKE. Also, I don't like how people treat Nomura as if he was the creator of FF7 or something. :p
Square Enix probably think that a remake would be too expensive for a game already released. Take a look at what happen with Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes...

jarrod

Banned
Laurent said:
Square Enix probably think that a remake would be too expensive for a game already released. Take a look at what happen with Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes...
Or Pokemon Fire Read/Leaf Green and Dragon Quest V...

FoneBone

Laurent said:
Huh? Although I'm sure TTS was a disappointment for Konami, REmake sold pretty well. And an FF7 remake on PS2 would do very well, I'm sure.

jett

D-Member
Laurent said:

The difference with those two games is that their main userbase is in another place. :p I think a FF7 remake would sell inmmensly if released on PS2 or even PS3.

jiggle

AniHawk said:
FFIV was remade, it just didn't do that well (Wonderswan release).

I thought they stopped at III??? Was it remade or just a port? Can't imagine Wonderswan having the ability to give IV updated graphics....

AniHawk

jiggle said:
I thought they stopped at III??? Was it remade or just a port? Can't imagine Wonderswan having the ability to give IV updated graphics....

Thought it was a remake. The graphics looked better than the copy I have of it via FFO.

ff4wsc-03.jpg

ff4-14.jpg

ff4-23.gif

RiZ III

Square is really killing the whole aura that surrounds the ff7 universe. Its like theyre farting out little bits at time. Just make a remake or sequel damn it.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
FF4's graphics looked quite nice on the WSC, but the sound was significantly worse.
No FF3 remake as far as I know, which is a shame, cause its definitely the best of the famicom ones.

u_neek

neptunes said:
I'd rather have ff6 remade, that way I can stomach it.

or just port it to the GBA ;)

Mmmm, yeah! With FFX/XII graphics... i'd be in heaven!

And I agree with RiZ III, Square's kinda ruining the FF7 universe with all these spin offs and shit. Still can't wait for this game to be revealed though.

jarrod

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
No FF3 remake as far as I know, which is a shame, cause its definitely the best of the famicom ones.
The WSC remake was pretty far along in development iirc. There's been rumors for over a year now that Square Enix will port it to GBA (Square officials even admitted Nintendo's been pushing them for it).

Top Bottom