• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Sale

Need for Speed might have been tempting to me for $20 if it only had wheel support.

Is Project Cars worth $15.99? Or should I finally pull the plug on DriveClub...
In my opinion Driveclub blows Project Cars out of the water in graphics, handling and all around fun. PC is fine but I would recommend DC first.

IronLich

Need for Speed for 19?

Is it fun? I've heard alot of negatives about this game.

I don't believe it's worth it for any price. It still has a lot of the same problems that Rivals has, but the customization is otherworldly, if you're into that. Otherwise, there are better racing games on the platform.

Project CARS is just so...empty. In terms of overall car selection, mostly. And the steering just doesn't feel right to me. But then, I've never been a fan of handling FR cars in a realistic simulation experience, and guess what the majority of your car selection comprises of?

I eventually got used to Driveclub. It's got tight controls, great selection of noteworthy dream cars, excellent multiplayer playlist, and there's always a thing or two to challenge you everytime you boot up the game. That's the best damn racing game on the console, as far as I'm concerned.

Do you care about FPS? If the answer is yes, then avoid PC because it almost never keeps 60 frames per second. If you don't care, buy Driveclub. I paid less that that for PC and I still feel robbed.

---

Might get Dark Souls 2 this time for the PS4, plus SAO.

Cornbread78

Woo yay. Tales of Zestria on PS4. I was eyeing that, but it hasn't come down in a while. I'm kinda interesting in SAO, what type of game is that? Is it like the .Hack or more of a traditional JRPG?

It's more like an action RPG with MMO elements. It has a lot of options and is pretty fun to play.

TraBuch

Banned
I like Vesperia (Favorite), Xillia, Xillia 2, Abyss.

I don't like Graces F (Mainly because of the main character, battle system was great), Legendia.

I'm pretty indifferent about Innocence, Heart R, Symphonia.

What is Zestiria most similar to?

SonicBoom

Just pulled the trigger on 3 games:

One Piece: Pirate Warriors
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day

3 games for $15 is a steal. Thanks OP

Certinty

PC is the best console racing sim by a long way I reckon, easily worth that price. Driveclub is good but a completely different racing game at the same time.

MiTYH

Daaaaamn. I bought and beat Xenoverse on my 360, but enver did any online stuff. Think it's worth it to rebuy on PS4 for online? Also hows the season pass for content?

I loved One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, so anyone who didn't get it should! Sad for the DLC, it's all costumes? Pass.

Also would anyone recommend the sword art online games?

Cornbread78

I like Vesperia (Favorite), Xillia, Xillia 2, Abyss.

I don't like Graces F (Mainly because of the main character, battle system was great), Legendia.

I'm pretty indifferent about Innocence, Heart R, Symphonia.

What is Zestiria most similar to?

Closest would be Graces F in terms of battle system, Sorey is better than Asbel in regards to MCs though.

So in for for Zesteria and maybe Sword Art Online.

Great combo!

Also would anyone recommend the sword art online games?

Hollow Fragment is a lot of fun to play. It can get repetitive, buy the game gives you more challenging levels/areas to attempt if you get OP.

DJChuy

Pretty good sale. A couple of games I'm interested in, but picking up Tales of Symphonia and Dark Souls 2 for sure.

Demoskinos

Should I get Scholar of the First Sin? DSII is my favorite Dark Souls never did play the DLC and I'm sort of interested in seeing the remixed enemy placements ect...

Grinchy

Banned
I'm finally going to buy Touch My Katamari. It'll be my first Katamari game. I enjoyed the demo years ago but I was never tempted to buy it at full price.

icespide

Banned
I already have Dark Souls 2 physical but I'm tempted to grab this so I'll have it digitally and forget the disc. I haven't even started it yet! I'm weak

image.php

I have it physical and I am also considering going digital.

bender

What time is it?
Still kicking myself for not picking up Battlefield Premium during the Black Friday sales for $18.00.

Farsi

Xenoblade season pass or Dark Souls 2, decisions decisions decisions. I haven't even played Xenoblade from the last sale yet.

Thinking about nabbing the season passes for DB Xenoverse and OP Pirate Warriors 3.

How are they in terms of content? Worth the purchase at the reduced prices?

Tizoc

Just pulled the trigger on 3 games:

One Piece: Pirate Warriors
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day

3 games for $15 is a steal. Thanks OP

Uh OP Musou 1 isn't exactly worth it since it has some silly stage design decisions.
Namely QTEs :v
Pirate Warriors 3 was good enough though.

Enjoy Short Peace, it's a collection of anime shorts+short game.

Arttemis

Got Helldivers for free and all the DLC half off!

I'd have gotten NFS at full price if it wasn't stupidly always online. I'll pass on that game until they fix that, otherwise I have no interest in giving them money while I have so many other games to play.

ethomaz

Banned
How are the Warrior games? Do they stick closer to the "Warriors" level format?

I'm a mild fan of One Piece (watched up until Robin was introduced) and thought Unlimited World Red was enjoyable enough but started to drag towards the end because of the combat.
I don't know how PW3 is but the first one played like a Dynasty Warrior's game... I don't think that changed.

khaaan

Tales of Hearts R worth $11?

I bought it at launch and enjoyed it quite a bit. A lot of it felt charmingly cliche but I love that about it. I have heard from people that the battle system in this version is not as strong as it was in the original, I haven't played it but I was happy with whatever this game got.

There is one mechanic that relies on the touch screen, it doesn't come up much and when it does I think all it requires is swiping in a certain direction or touching a characters portrait. As far as I know this isn't possible to execute on PSTV. It's not needed to beat the game in any way though.

Is Xillia any good? I played Chronicles and enjoyed it.

I think you'll enjoy seeing areas where the franchise has progressed. The music isn't as good and they've replaced the overworld with hallways from town A to town B (plus fast travel) but the jump in battle system should be worth it. If you want the best battle system I hear Graces f is at the top of the franchise, I have the game but haven't played it yet so I can't comment. I also hear that Graces f has a story that makes you want to punch yourself in the face.

Top Bottom