• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Sale

ethomaz

Banned
Wow...never thought I'd hear that.
Kingdoms of Amalur games are underrated here I guess.

It has a way better and fun battle system... it is really something else in the market.

The story in Reckoning is chicle but it well told... the quests and game presentation is really good too.

gogosox82

BF: Hardline worth it for $13 if I just want to play the sp? I figure the mp is either barren because people left it for cod, battlefront, or went back to bf4.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
gravity rush is a good game? i saw the videos, but it was only a ok game for what i saw

Is it on sale?

The Vita version was terrible. Boring combat, bad controls. Hopefully the new version fixed the issues.

Fuck I'm tempted to pick up a bunch of games, but I already have Gravity Rush coming and more games I'll be picking up this month! Why you do this to me PSN XD

khaaan

gravity rush is a good game? i saw the videos, but it was only a ok game for what i saw

I would say the game part is "just okay", but the rest of it holds it up. The presentation and music are fantastic, the novelty of gravity is a lot of fun and was enough to take me through the game. The combat unfortunately is shallow and repetitive.

If I buy the goty edition of dragon age, but I already own the normal edition...are they the same trophy lists and everything? Meaning can I just use the dlc with my old copy. This would be cheaper than buying each individually

Ralemont

not me
For those asking about Unlimited World Red, I'd recommend it if you're a fan of One Piece or at least have a passing interest in it. I found the story pretty self-contained, though there are returning villains and some references. I'm well behind in the anime so some of these went over my head, but basically as long as you know the crew has faced "real" versions of these characters in the past, you'll be fine.

The town building mechanic was basic, but enjoyable and I enjoyed the combat. There's lots of content here too beyond the main story so it will keep you busy if you're a completionist. Also, I played it on Vita and it looked damn beautiful!

ethomaz

Banned
For those asking about Unlimited World Red, I'd recommend it if you're a fan of One Piece or at least have a passing interest in it. I found the story pretty self-contained, though there are returning villains and some references. I'm well behind in the anime so some of these went over my head, but basically as long as you know the crew has faced "real" versions of these characters in the past, you'll be fine.

The town building mechanic was basic, but enjoyable and I enjoyed the combat. There's lots of content here too beyond the main story so it will keep you busy if you're a completionist. Also, I played it on Vita and it looked damn beautiful!
Is combat like the first Pirate Warriors?

I will get the PW3 instead this one I guess.

kevin1025

Banned
Picked up SAO Re: Hollow Fragment PS4, that is a damn fine price.

For those asking about Battlefield: Hardline, it is by no means an incredible game, and I can see why some people would dislike it, but for me personally if you go into it expecting a big, dumb cop movie for 4-6 hours with Battlefield combat and looks pretty, it is a good time. Multiplayer wasn't great, and I didn't end up playing much of it at all.

Rymuth

Please copy to the OP

Bandai Namco Sale
PlayStation 4
Attractio – $13.99
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin – $19.99
Dragon Ball Xenoverse – $15.99
Dragon Ball Xenoverse Season Pass – $14.99
Dragon Ball Xenoverse Game + Season Pass – $25.99
J-Stars Victory VS+ – $14.99
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 – $23.99
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 Season Pass – $8.99
Project CARS – $15.99
Sword Art Online: Lost Song – $29.99
Sword Art Online RE: Hollow Fragment – $4.99
Tales of Zestiria – $29.99
PlayStation 3

Dark Souls 2 – $4.99
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin – $14.99
Dragon Ball Xenoverse – $15.99
Dragon Ball Xenoverse Season Pass – $14.99
Dragon Ball Xenoverse Game + Season Pass – $25.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z – $7.49
Galaga Legions DX – $2.49
J-Stars Victory VS+ – $9.99
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution – $11.99
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – $9.99
One Piece: Pirate Warriors – $4.99
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 – $4.99
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 – $19.99
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 Season Pass – $8.99
One Piece: Unlimited World Red – $4.99
Pac-Man Championship Edition (Mini) – $1.24
Pac-Man Museum – $4.99
Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day – $4.99
Tales of Graces f – $8.74
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles – $4.99
Tales of Xillia – $4.99
Tales of Xillia 2 – $7.49
Tales of Zestiria – $24.99

PlayStation Vita

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z – $4.99
J-Stars Victory VS+ – $9.99
Me and My Katamari (PSP) – $3.74
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 – $19.99
One Piece: Unlimited World Red – $4.99
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment – $7.99
Sword Art Online: Lost Song – $19.99
Tales of Hearts R – $11.99
Touch My Katamari – $3.74

EA Sale

PlayStation 4

Battlefield 4 Premium – $19.99
Battlefield 4 Premium Edition – $23.99
Battlefield Hardline – $13.19
Dragon Age Inquisition Game of the Year Edition – $23.99
EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour – $13.99
FIFA 16 – $23.99
FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition – $32.19
FIFA 16 Super Deluxe Edition – $56.99
Madden NFL 16 Super Bowl Edition – $19.79
Need for Speed – $19.79
Need for Speed Deluxe Edition – $23.09
NHL 16 – $19.79
Star Wars Battlefront – $29.99
Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition – $34.99

PlayStation 3

Bulletstorm – $4.99
Crysis 2 – $3.99
Crysis 3 – $3.99
FIFA 16 – $23.99
Fight Night Champion – $3.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – $3.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning DLC – $0.89 to $2.99 each
Madden NFL 16 Super Bowl Edition – $19.79
Mass Effect 3 ‘Citadel’ – $4.49
Mass Effect 3 ‘From Ashes’ – $2.99
Mass Effect 3 ‘Leviathan’ – $2.99
Mass Effect 3 ‘Omega’ – $4.49
Mass Effect ‘Genesis 2’ – $1.19
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition – $3.74
NCAA Football 14 – $4.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted – $3.99
NFL Blitz – $3.74
NHL Legacy Edition – $19.79
Shank 2 – $2.49
SSX – $4.99

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Yep =[
I was like WTF TWENTY BUCKS DARK SOULS 60FPS!
And then I remembered it'd cost me upwards of 80BRL =[

Exactly. When I bought my PS4 I made a NA account because it was totally worth it.
I used to buy 3 to 4 games in sales like this. Now physical copies are cheaper than digital.

khaaan

Is combat like the first Pirate Warriors?

I will get the PW3 instead this one I guess.

How are the Warrior games? Do they stick closer to the "Warriors" level format?

I'm a mild fan of One Piece (watched up until Robin was introduced) and thought Unlimited World Red was enjoyable enough but started to drag towards the end because of the combat.

TraBuch

Banned
I would totally recommend Fight Night Champion for $4. The story mode alone is worth it. Yes, the M rated story mode in a Fight Night game. Really wish they would make another Fight Night.

maouvin

Yep =[
I was like WTF TWENTY BUCKS DARK SOULS 60FPS!
And then I remembered it'd cost me upwards of 80BRL =[

Don't forget to check PSN BR too. Seems like SAO Re:HF is 10 reais there - they don't update the exchange rate used for older titles.
edit: R$ 67 for DS2 PS4.

zeorhymer

Woo yay. Tales of Zestria on PS4. I was eyeing that, but it hasn't come down in a while. I'm kinda interesting in SAO, what type of game is that? Is it like the .Hack or more of a traditional JRPG?

I would say the game part is "just okay", but the rest of it holds it up. The presentation and music are fantastic, the novelty of gravity is a lot of fun and was enough to take me through the game. The combat unfortunately is shallow and repetitive.

That's my view on it too. If you're someone who likes games with 'flying' that provide that sense of freedom, combined with the visuals and music it's worth it. The fighting leaves a little to be desired, hopefully it's improved with the sequel.

Mengetsu

Need For Speed on sale again?! Is it bad? I liked the demo but seeing it on sale so soon after the last sale is worrying.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Need For Speed on sale again?! Is it bad? I liked the demo but seeing it on sale so soon after the last sale is worrying.

It's boring as hell, and most likely a complete bomba. Story mode cutscenes are funny in a non-intended way.

jkh33

Oh, Tales of Zestiria or Sword Art Online: Lost Song?

Might get Zestiria now and wait for another sale to get lost song.

SarusGray

Um, to everyone on the fence for Re Sword Art...... It's a great game for $5. Seriously. Long ass replayability, decent online community, very fun dungeons and exploration. You won't regret it for $5.

SUUUPER tempted to pick of SAO: Lost Fragments but don't know if I want the Vita or PS4 version. I know I'd be more likely to play it on Vita, but has anyone played it? Is the performance and control ok?

Top Bottom