• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: NA starcraft II tournamanet

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
oriafn.jpg

----Registration has closed----

---Rules:

--The players:
- 32 players.
- single elimination, with the exception of grand finals.
- best 3 of 5 games.
- round will cycle every 4 days.
- players are not species locked.

--The maps:
- loser picks
- either player may opt out of 1 map for each round.
- novice maps are banned.
- each game will begin on steppes of war. in the event a player bans steppes, the round will begin on blistering sands, in the event both steppes and blistering sands are banned, the matches will begin on lost temple.

--the misc:
- disconnects will be counted as a loss.
- cheating is banned, obviously. :p
- players are encouraged to complete match ups ahead of schedule if their next bracket opponent is decided.
- in the event players cannot meat up at during the scheduled time, a two day extension can be granted at the permission of the next scheduled opponent.
- these extensions will not reset the 4 day play period, this is so that the tournament will not be slowed down.
- if an extension is not granted, the winner will be decided by comity given any applicable match up results or a failure on a parties behalf to properly communicate with his opponent or arrive at a prescheduled time.
- in the event that information of this nature is insufficient or unavailable, both players lose.
- the GG rule is in effect.
- please save and post all replays.

The tournament begins at 0:01AM EST on friday the 13th of this month.
all players of any skill level are welcome.

there will be a prize for 1st place. :D

1. Panda.214
2. EscapingJail.860
3. shagg.796
4. Xenien.474
5. DTUD.231
6. Mustafa.447
7. alexander.773
8. chickenstrip.532
9. sludge.394
10. water.267
11. Keikaku.609
12. ZealousD.627
13. Datwheezy.892
14. strafe.703
15. mcrae.763
16. orangepeal.383
17. Valenti.893
18. maritalwheat.397
19. vaporak.756
20. bigAT.908
21. optimopeach.633
22. flux.684
23. wedge.840
24. trasher.955
25. catchphrase.459
26. Kmills.408
27. Alumnus.249
28. expiration.634
29. Hobart.878
30. TheDrizzle.133
31. Kryor.510
32. slavik.414

moemoe.png

Visit #starcraft2-gaf on quakenet for updates, information, strategies and conversation with your SC2 GAF buddies!
---

note: the banner artwork comes from the site 'nerf now!!' and their excellent comic miniseries called 'the life of a drone'. you can see it here: http://nerfnow.com/comic/26
might be nsfw.

I think i am down for this! I will just be first round fodder(would be surprised if i get to round 2), but it should be good experience and fun!

Bnet name: Alexander
code: 773
Region: NA

Yaweee

Eh, I'll take a stab. Not sure if I'll be random for the tournament, or if I'll just pick my best race. My Terran is awful.

chickenstrip.532

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I was hoping you'd let the bronze tourney finish first. =X

ZealousD.627

Edit: Are you making this a first-come first-serve sign up?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
I was hoping you'd let the bronze tourney finish first. =X

ZealousD.627

Edit: Are you making this a first-come first-serve sign up?
bronze will be in finals when this goes this ones first round ends. not so bad. -.-
yes i am.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
is there a level requirement? I'd love to play but I'm bronze.

strafe.703

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
h0pper said:
is there a level requirement? I'd love to play but I'm bronze.

strafe.703
there is no level requirement, so if you're comfortable knowing there are a few diamond league players in the tourney, you can join. :p

h0pper

Pandaman said:
there is no level requirement, so if you're comfortable knowing there are a few diamond league players in the tourney, you can join. :p

cool, but I just realized 1AM Friday :lol

I have work Friday so I probably won't be playing ;(

I'll stick around here though in case any more tournys are run that I can participate in

mcrae

h0pper said:
cool, but I just realized 1AM Friday :lol

I have work Friday so I probably won't be playing ;(

I'll stick around here though in case any more tournys are run that I can participate in

thats just when it starts. doesnt mean you have to play a game at that time. unless i'm missing something.

mcrae.763
havent done my placement matches yet, landed in gold for 2v2, probably the same for 1v1 lol but this will still be fun

Pandaman said:

a Diamond player will win no doubt! It will be my first tourney tho so my aspiration is just to have a hard fought game or two.

Will there be youtube postings of the games with commentary?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
As of now, orangepeel has the rights to the last spot, unless he wants to give it up for you val.

@h0pper: it only starts at 1am friday and you have four days to find your opponent and play your games. :p

keep singing up, the difference between 32 and 16 is only an extra round. -.-
if we get close to 32, that can be the new cutoff.

h0pper

Pandaman said:
As of now, orangepeel has the rights to the last spot, unless he wants to give it up for you val.

@h0pper: it only starts at 1am friday and you have four days to find your opponent and play your games. :p

keep singing up, the difference between 32 and 16 is only an extra round. -.-
if we get close to 32, that can be the new cutoff.

cool then :D sign me up!

strafe.703

edit: I see you already did! really appreciate that! would've responded sooner but I went for a run. thanks!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
Looks cool, seems I'm a little late though. Good luck to all the competitors! :D
add yourself to the queue incase we get enough interest for 32 players, that way i dont win my own tourney for free. :p

:p frankly I think there's honestly enough people around to have a 32 bracket. And valenti totally needs to be in this, I'm sure I could use a good whooping at his terrans hands :lol

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Considering the bronze tourney had 16 people, there's no doubt this can get to 32. I think there will be a large jump come monday when people are back to work aka slacking off on Gaf :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
17. Valenti.893
18. martialwheat.???
19. vaporak.756
20. bigAT.908
21. optimopeach.633
22. flux.684
23. wedge.840
24. trasher.955
25. catchphrase.459

almost there. someone get alumnus in here. ^^

Pandaman said:
17. Valenti.893
18. martialwheat.???
19. vaporak.756
20. bigAT.908
21. optimopeach.633
22. flux.684
23. wedge.840
24. trasher.955
25. catchphrase.459

almost there. someone get alumnus in here. ^^
Two things:
It's MaritalWheat, not MartialWheat, just a heads up.
Also, my character code is 397.
Thanks for setting it up dude, looks like we're about to hit 32!

Top Bottom