• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: NA starcraft II tournamanet

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i wont require em, but please post replays if you can everyone. ^^
remember, recent now only saves your last 10. :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I shall form a 2nd league of NAs to destroy this NA tourny!
Manly Men only!
DILLON_predator.gif

jk
gl to all

Keikaku

Since I'm paired up against a Platinum league player, I have a question to ask: Is there any chance that we can make this tournament something regular? Like, say, a monthly or bi-monthly "King of NA GAF" Starcraft Tournament.

I'm going to get knocked out early, but having regular tournaments to enter into would give me a lot of incentive to practice and get better. :D

Keikaku said:
Since I'm paired up against a Platinum league player, I have a question to ask: Is there any chance that we can make this tournament something regular? Like, say, a monthly or bi-monthly "King of NA GAF" Starcraft Tournament.

I'm going to get knocked out early, but having regular tournaments to enter into would give me a lot of incentive to practice and get better. :D

I second this notion... 6 times a year would be nice, but 4 wouldn't be too bad either. I know it takes some effort to get this organized and have the brackets set up and such, so perhaps a host rotation of the better players or something ?

Chainfire99 said:
I am going to practice hard to kick your ass, Orangepeal...you smelly zerg!
bubububu zerg are known for friendly manner like turtling :/ Annd we shower every night, usually.

Looking forward to Wednesday!

mcrae

DreadTheUnDead said:
I second this notion... 6 times a year would be nice, but 4 wouldn't be too bad either. I know it takes some effort to get this organized and have the brackets set up and such, so perhaps a host rotation of the better players or something ?

i think theres enough interest that this could be a monthly or twice a month thing even. different tournies hosted by different people. its not TOO hard to host a tourny of this scale, i wouldnt imagine.... is it?

Meeru

Banned
mcrae said:
i think theres enough interest that this could be a monthly or twice a month thing even. different tournies hosted by different people. its not TOO hard to host a tourny of this scale, i wouldnt imagine.... is it?
Sorry I have afk when you replied to me that you had time to play. I may work this wednesday night, but thursday and friday should be okay days for me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Corran Horn said:
I shall form a 2nd league of NAs to destroy this NA tourny!
Manly Men only!
DILLON_predator.gif

jk
gl to all
LETS DO IT

:lol I'm still nervous from beating my Diamond friend in 1v1.
It's only my third 1v1 since launch :lol

It'll be 8 people and I'll get 2nd due to no one showing.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
shagg_187 said:
Panda you're such a smartass. Facing a lesser known opponent! -_-
i can switch him out with you if you want. :p
BigAT could be platinum, atleast with you i know its a free win. >_>
-

everyone, the first round begins soon, please try to get in touch with your opponents to feel out a schedule that is comfortable with both of you. if you cant get in contact with your opponent, please let me know.

BigAT

Pandaman said:
i can switch him out with you if you want. :p
BigAT could be platinum, atleast with you i know its a free win. >_>
-

everyone, the first round begins soon, please try to get in touch with your opponents to feel out a schedule that is comfortable with both of you. if you cant get in contact with your opponent, please let me know.
Spoiler: I'm not.

Yaweee

DreadTheUnDead said:

6 Times per year seems about right if it wraps up in around 1 month. If the tournaments grows to more rounds, or round-robin/swiss, 4 times seems about right.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BigAT said:
Spoiler: I'm not.
oh. >_>

Let me know what time and day is good for you.
anytime from now until saturday night is good for me, ill be busy sunday, but free again for monday.

Zen

Banned
Pandaman said:

I've both PMed and added my opponent (TheDrizzle) on Neogaf and Bnet, I haven't seen him online/gotten a reply yet. But there's still plenty of time before the 13th.

Panda,

You're going to need the replay of the game(s) in order to confirm who wins or loses right? If so, is there a site you have setup for the replays or we just upload it to our favorite website?

Frustrated_me said:
Panda,

You're going to need the replay of the game(s) in order to confirm who wins or loses right? If so, is there a site you have setup for the replays or we just upload it to our favorite website?

I recommend game replays. You need an account but that takes a second.

Alright here are 3 games I played against wedge. He's plat, and I'm bronze, so honestly the games are fairly one-sided (you've been warned).

A major thanks to Panda for organizing and to wedge for the tons of advice he gave me after (and during :lol) the games.

Good luck to all the people that are still in it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
did wedge seriously play every race? >_>
the jerk.

thanks for joining Dread, i look forward to seeing you play again in the future. ^^

Vaporak

How is the map decided for each round? I assume it's loser picks, but I don't see it specified anywhere in the rules.

I love being pitted against a zerg player( my worst race to go up against) whose in the platinum league...is a Starcraft veteran...while i have won a total of 4 games in ranked...placed in gold but i am really a silver. And new to the starcraft universe as of retail release of sc2. I never stood a chance...at all. It's sooo demoralizing. I frigging hate this game. Noobies don't stand a chance unless it's another noobie. I practice...i play a shit tonne of 1v1 matches in custom (no novice maps, at the faster speed setting, playing against bronze-diamond players)...i watch and try to learn from my replays...I've watched a lot of pro replays...watch day9 and hdstarcraft...and i still frigging suck. My macro is good but once i expand i have trouble protecting all of my bases...and the enemy (when i go up against a player who isn't new to the game) usually has wayyy more units and always has units my army is weak against....i cannot win...i am totally burnt out. Guess i have to work on my early harass...and scout more often. Sigh...i hate losing...i just want to get better....

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hey shagg, give me a buzz around 10ish CST on thursday or friday. We'll play.

Vaporak

Chainfire99 said:
I love being pitted against a zerg player( my worst race to go up against) whose in the platinum league...is a Starcraft veteran...while i have won a total of 4 games in ranked...placed in gold but i am really a silver. And new to the starcraft universe as of retail release of sc2. I never stood a chance...at all. It's sooo demoralizing. I frigging hate this game. Noobies don't stand a chance unless it's another noobie. I practice...i play a shit tonne of 1v1 matches in custom (no novice maps, at the faster speed setting, playing against bronze-diamond players)...i watch and try to learn from my replays...I've watched a lot of pro replays...watch day9 and hdstarcraft...and i still frigging suck. My macro is good but once i expand i have trouble protecting all of my bases...and the enemy (when i go up against a player who isn't new to the game) usually has wayyy more units and always has units my army is weak again....i cannot win...i am totally burnt out.

Don't be so down on yourself, :( we're all newbies at some point. Besides, the best way to get better is to lose to better players.

Vaporak said:
Don't be so down on yourself, :( we're all newbies at some point. Besides, the best way to get better is to lose to better players.

I didn't expect to win the first round match up. But to be destroyed when you think you have this game figured out...it is disheartening and frustrating. I am not content with being a bronze/silver player...i want to be a good player.

mcrae

Chainfire99 said:
I didn't expect to win the first round match up. But to be destroyed when you think you have this game figured out...it is disheartening and frustrating. I am not content with being a bronze/silver player...i want to be a good player.

valenti just completely schooled me. its ok bro.

ill let you post the replays of hurt lol

Meeru

Banned
Chainfire99 said:
what other rts have u played

valenti said:
what other rts have u played

Back in the day...a little experience of the warcraft games (not wow of course), a lot of hours poured into age of empires 2...and i just came from dawn of war 2

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
How is the map decided for each round? I assume it's loser picks, but I don't see it specified anywhere in the rules.
first map is steppes.
loser picks.
both players have the option of banning one map.
if steppes is banned, the first map is blistering sands.
if steppes and blistering is banned, the first map is lost temple.

Chainfire, I know where you're coming from. You love the game, you want to get good at the game, but learning while playing much better players is brutal. I recognize my weaknesses and my mistakes but in the heat of the moment I still end up making them. You're not alone buddy. You probably shouldn't have forfeited though.

I hope I don't sound like a badguy here :lol Like I said there was a lower skilled "bronze" tourney I think Zealous is working on, I hope I didn't really insult you in any way. If you want I'm always available, well if I'm around I guess, for friendly practice games.

Pandaman said:
everybody gets a cast.
BELIEVE.

Damn that's a lot of work. I watched DTUD Vs. Wedge match. Definitely a strategy I never saw before by the Terran player. He may have had more bases than combat units, but if he had a little more time who knows what would have happened.

Felix Lighter said:
Damn that's a lot of work. I watched DTUD Vs. Wedge match. Definitely a strategy I never saw before by the Terran player. He may have had more bases than combat units, but if he had a little more time who knows what would have happened.

He prolly would have had 5 bases before wedge had 2

Orangepeel said:
I hope I don't sound like a badguy here :lol Like I said there was a lower skilled "bronze" tourney I think Zealous is working on, I hope I didn't really insult you in any way. If you want I'm always available, well if I'm around I guess, for friendly practice games.

I am a little more skillful then a bronze player...but other then that...no offense taken.

Top Bottom