• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai announces Inversion for Xbox 360, PS3

squall211

BMX Bandit said:
7.jpg

This shot makes me laugh. What the hell is he doing?

Flying obviously!

Speevy

Banned
I'm going to create a game, guys.

The year is 2135, and the world is controlled by evil corporations. They genetically engineer soldiers to fight wars for profit, and the only way to survive is by becoming part of the great machine. And to make matters worse, this chaotic climate of violence has left the world vulnerable to a hostile alien invasion. You are Jason Steele, and you must lead a band of rebels to ultimate victory using only the ability to crush buildings with your mind. Join a friend on Xbox Live as you destroy this interactive sandbox world for no apparent reason. You can topple skyscrapers and use them as cover, or swing from them like Spider-man. The choice is yours.

:/

grandjedi6 said:
Reminds me of that Gears of Wars clone by Tecmo. Can't wait for Konami's inevitable Call of Duty clone!

The fear was that was going to be Kojima's next project after all his FPS hyping and Infinity Ward visits. But nope, back to Metal Gear he went :lol

Opiate

The year is 2314, and the world has been over run by a virus that has become sentient. No one is sure whether this evolved naturally or was genetically engineering in a lab: whatever the initial cause, those infected become hosts. Most dangerous of all -- how can one tell who is who? How do we know who is still on our side?

Amongst the rubble and amidst this chaos, one man (and his three friends who are also a squad) must defend the company he works for -- which is still researching cures for this disease -- at any cost.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Bandai-Namco has been funding a lot of low-profile games lately, especially for next-gen consoles. Weird.

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
Speevy said:

The year is 2135, and the world is controlled by evil corporations. They genetically engineer soldiers to fight wars for profit, and the only way to survive is by becoming part of the great machine. And to make matters worse, this chaotic climate of violence has left the world vulnerable to a hostile alien invasion. You are Jason Steele, and you must lead a band of rebels to ultimate victory using only the ability to crush buildings with your mind. Join a friend on Xbox Live as you destroy this interactive sandbox world for no apparent reason. You can topple skyscrapers and use them as cover, or swing from them like Spider-man. The choice is yours.

I'd buy.

Chris_C said:
Most generic game ever? I bet if the dude turned around he would have no face.

lol.

But hey don't rip on heroes with no faces. Two of my most beloved of all time, Simon Belmont and the Contra dudes, have no faces!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looks like someone shopped Chris Redfield over Gears of War and Bionic Commando from that last shot.

ram

jiji said:
It's like they sat down to figure out how to make a game utterly average and forgettable in every way, destined for 4.5 review scores and the bargain bin two months after release.

Just like TimeShift.

fixed for truth - even more in terms of timeshift. how do these guys find a new publisher for their crap? that boggley my mind...really.

Dabanton

Speevy said:

Xbox Live only? How come the ps3 gets no love in your joke?

stuminus3

It would be genius if this was actually a Wii game, and the Munchables was actually a 360/PS3 game.

Well, maybe not genius, but it couldn't be any worse.

Ardorx

Banned
I had a great time with Timeshift so I'm going to go ahead and give this the benefit of the doubt until I see some really bad gameplay to convince me otherwise.

CamHostage

VibratingDonkey said:
From the Timeshift team. I kind of liked Timeshift. Overall it was just an alright FPS, but it had some ideas and details to it which I appreciated. So I'm not so quick to dismiss this game. With less bumps in the development process and a team with more experience I'm hopeful it could turn out pretty good.

Yeah, I liked it too, especially the multiplayer demo (I never played online again with the final game, oddly enough.) These screenshots are nasty, but the team is not retarded, give it a chance unless videos look equally nasty.

Opiate

The year is 2457, and the world is in a state of upheaval. An alien race known only as the Swarming Locust Flood has invaded earth, and toppled the governments of every industrialized nation. However, in the darker corners of Congolese Republic, resistance still stirs, and it is there where you -- and the remnants of a broken human race -- make your last stand. You've discovered a weapon that could shatter the invading horde: but it could break the remnants of the human race in the process.

Opiate

The year is 2293, and you are part of a human colonization mission in the Rosette Nebula. Upon landing on a seemingly habitable planet, you discover the remains of an ancient, long dead civilization with amazingly powerful technology. As the archaelogists begin to dig up more of these artifacts, humanity celebrates the discoveries that could catapult them forward in to the future. But soon, the events that brought about the destruction of this powerful civilization will reveal themselves, and humanity may find the danger they've unleashed may destroy human civilization in the process.

Ill check it out, as Namco usually at least has an interesting mechanic/idea in place. Their execution isnt always the best(outside of Tekken), but Ill see what they have here. Visuals are fine with me so long as it has a decent framerate, so Im good as long as the gameplay is.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Violater said:
I remember *puts lighter in the air*
On of the best PS2 games I ever played.

Same here. I still play it sometimes.

Fimbulvetr said:
He does? How realistic, I can relate to him. ;D

Everyone in the game will have half tucked shirts.

spats

Opiate said:
The year is 2293, and you are part of a human colonization mission in the Rosette Nebula. Upon landing on a seemingly habitable planet, you discover the remains of an ancient, long dead civilization with amazingly powerful technology. As the archaelogists begin to dig up more of these artifacts, humanity celebrates the discoveries that could catapult them forward in to the future. But soon, the events that brought about the destruction of this powerful civilization will reveal themselves, and humanity may find the danger they've unleashed may destroy human civilization in the process.

Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

There we go.

Rolf NB

SecretBonusPoint said:
Ha ha, its from the TimeShift people it seems.

2vs2iyf.jpg

I'd love to see game design documents from these games, where the games theyre aping have 20 page document detail, they get to just jot down bullet points like:

- set in Bionic Commando city
or
- main character looks like Master Chief/Haze character

:lol :lol
You need to play Timeshift sometime.

Dabanton

Timeshift was actually fairly decent.

And i still have my copy of Psi-Ops for my Xbox somewhere,does anyone know if it's BC?

abstract alien said:
:lol You forgot where you were.

The thing is say this game was suddenly an exclusive...the opinions in this thread would suddenly be very different.:lol

Speevy

Banned
Violater said:
TBH I think some of you guys are being a bit to cynical.

I think the marketing team that came up with the concept for this game is better described as cynical than we are.

Tobor

It's so heartwarming to see us all agree on something for once...

Violater said:
TBH I think some of you guys are being a bit to cynical, lets wait till we see the game in action.

...so close.

Top Bottom