• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone translate the new poster over Narutobase

"Naruto - I got something I absolutely must tell you.. Wait for me.
Sasuke - If he isnt here, I have no choice but to protect you, I guess.
Kakashi - I have faith in my people. But for confidence I'd never let them go on any dangerous missions, you know''
the sauce, still playing it cool. Who is he saying that to sakura? Since she always needs protecting :p

the fast and quick version is that the 4th mizukage was the host of the 3 tails. Tobi/Madara was controlling him so Tobi/Madara was actually running the village while the 4th was just the guy who stood there saying what he was told to say.

Kisame knows him because the 7 swordsmen work directly with the kage and since kisame shown that he was loyal to the village even more so then his comrades he talked and trusted him directly without using the kage as a puppet.
Oh okay. Thanks!

DominoKid

Sasuke rocking Cuban Links now? Swag.

Someone translate the new poster over Narutobase

"Naruto - I got something I absolutely must tell you.. Wait for me.
Sasuke - If he isnt here, I have no choice but to protect you, I guess.
Kakashi - I have faith in my people. But for confidence I'd never let them go on any dangerous missions, you know''

Sasuke about to put the village on his back while Naruto is on his Goku/Ging shit.

Sasuke revolution is about to fail. Unless of course, there's no village system in the new movie. I'm kind of bummed at the super spoilers...I really wanted Sasuke dead.

FZZ

Banned
All y'all are crazy everyone knows Itachi is the most badass mofo in Naruto.

Kid was an Anbu captain at the age of 13. Kishi killed him way too early imo.

Khezu

I think Sasuke might be referring to kakashi.

Kakashi as Hokage, and Naruto/Sasuke as his bodyguards.

Not like he could protect himself.

Glad to see good guy Sasuke, finally. People hate him so much and want him to just die, but forget that the ninja system that he hates so much is the main reason why he's the way he is. I want to see him work at achieving his goal of changing it, just not in the super extreme, borderline evil way showed off last chapter.

although i'm still super confused at this point as to whether or not this is canon but i'm posting this anyway

I'm actually curious to know what threat they'll face in the movie. I wonder if it will be a filler-esque villain, or someone relevant to the manga. Guruguru is still running around, so maybe its him.

Glad to see good guy Sasuke, finally. People hate him so much and want him to just die, but forget that the ninja system that he hates so much is the main reason why he's the way he is. I want to see him work at achieving his goal of changing it, just not in the super extreme, borderline evil way showed off last chapter.

although i'm still super confused at this point as to whether or not this is canon but i'm posting this anyway

Ninja system didn't made Kakashi a bad guy and he went through some rough shit. Obito snapped over a trivial thing also. Uchiha's are just dangerous because they are more powerful the more out of control and crazy they are.

Ninja system didn't made Kakashi a bad guy and he went through some rough shit. Obito snapped over a trivial thing also. Uchiha's are just dangerous because they are more powerful the more out of control and crazy they are.

Not everyone handles things the same. Sasuke would most likely be just a normal, sane dude (like the vast majority of Uchiha were I may add) if it wasn't for the stuff that went on in his life. He literally wants to change the system so there are less people that end up like him. I don't see how even a Sasuke hater can't respect those intentions
not saying you're a Sasuke hater, not sure if you are

Like I said, is not that they snap and can't get their emotions in control. Is that they get more powerful by doing that (some of them purposely inflicting psychological damage on themselves in order to get more power), that's what makes them dangerous.

Wait, I feel like we're discussion 2 different points. I'm just speaking for Sasuke specifically, it was ultimate a result of the ninja system that made him go off the deep end.

Sup y'all, be sure to buy his debut album.
tumblr_nc5ib4lcmK1twgo8to1_500.jpg

What I'm saying is that Sasuke would had probably snap anyway, even in different circumstances. Like how Madara and Obito did.

What makes you say that? 99.9% of the Uchihas don't snap, and unless Sasuke had some other kind of traumatic event on the level of his whole clan being murdered and watching his parents die over and over again, then he likely wouldn't.

What makes you say that? 99.9% of the Uchihas don't snap, and unless Sasuke had some other kind of traumatic event on the level of his whole clan being murdered and watching his parents die over and over again, then he likely wouldn't.

Well considering that of the Uchiha 2 of them opposed the coup against the leaf, the clan itself is untrustworthy. The author doesn't show us the good side.

unrelated

tumblr_nc6elojKeR1rpquabo1_500.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There are good and bad Uchiha. They tend to take everything to an extreme, so of course when they turn bad everything tends to get really messed up and people remember it for a long time. Tobirama was kind of right in that being an Uchiha basically makes you a ticking time bomb. I think his solution of keeping them as Konoha's police force and giving them their own section of the village (which as far as we know, not even the Hyuga clan had) was a sensible and compromising option that would keep those bombs from igniting. People say it was harsh of him to "sequester" the Uchiha like he did, but it really wasn't - he was being pretty generous and helping everyone involved, and he actually gave them more than he took away. Fugaku's coup was a terrible idea that makes the Uchiha look really bad, IMO.

Itachi, Shisui, and Kagami are the "good" Uchiha we see, and they take ideals like peace and love for their comrades to the same extreme that the others take things like revenge and freedom. Madara and Obito are really extreme examples and probably would have been great people during peacetime. Honestly, the only Uchiha who I could say really get on my nerves are Izuna and Fugaku. In what little we see of Izuna he's pretty prejudiced against the Senju, and Fugaku has an alright personality, but basically dug the Uchiha's grave with his poor decisions.

I still stand by that Sasuke would be a fine dude if it wasn't for all of that. Heck even the Uchiha planning to take over the village anyway is a result of the ninja system he wants to change.

Sai

Well considering that of the Uchiha 2 of them opposed the coup against the leaf, the clan itself is untrustworthy. The author doesn't show us the good side.
While Kishimoto made it clear that there would have been severe ramifications to the coup, he did not make the Uchiha clan out to be completely unjustified, or villainous in attempting it. Tobirama may have had good intentions, but blame was placed on him for allowing that fear and doubt to fester based on the actions of a select few—Madara, specifically. Tobirama's distrust was what incited the their constant observation under the guise of the Konoha Police Force, and culminated in their ostracization from the village hierarchy as a whole with the Kyūbi's attack.

That went on for the better part of the last century. And it was ultimately the machinations of Obito, who was strung along by Madara, who was being strung along by the manifestation of Ōtsutsuki Kaguya's will, who has been manipulating folks from the Uchiha since generations long forgotten, that it even came to that.

There are some out there that think that the Uchiha coup should have happened, and completely support Sasuke's intentions back during the Kage Summit, and even now... And I think they're ridiculous. Those on the opposite end of the spectrum that think the Uchiha clan should be damned 'n eradicated equally so.

Khezu

Sasuke would be a fine dude if Itachi didn't go out of his way, time and time again to make him a crazy hate filled monster.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sasuke would be a fine dude if Itachi didn't go out of his way, time and time again to make him a crazy hate filled monster.

For reals. This is all Itachi and Danzo's fault, not that the Sause is immune from blame because even given his circumstances he had the obvious choice to not be a dickweed and instead chose to be a D-bag.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
No argument there. The most consistent character from the start.

Nostalgia-ing hard browsing the early chapters of the manga. Despite the number of ass-pulls Kishi has pulled over the years, some of the set-ups are incredible..

vnRH2OT.png

I wonder if he really had Obito planned out from that early on.
Wow, the early manga art is so much different. I think the anime has been mostly consistent, but this is its own thing.

And yeah, it's obvious certain things have been planned out for a long time. Kakashi even quotes Obito's famous line about people abandoning their friends being worse than scum early on.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow, the early manga art is so much different. I think the anime has been mostly consistent, but this is its own thing.

And yeah, it's obvious certain things have been planned out for a long time. Kakashi even quotes Obito's famous line about people abandoning their friends being worse than scum early on.

You don't need a lot of planning to do something like that, it's just simple consistency.

EDIT: Consistency isn't the right word. What I'm saying is he could have gone back to these pages when he did Kakashi Gaiden and built that backstory off of what we've got here and Kakashi's general design.

I just don't think so. The uchiha tablet itself pretty much guarantee they are going to be a big supply of asshole uchiha's. Not only was a fake by black zetsu that pretty much only work to trick the uchiha into reviving kaguya but, you need more power to read it completely (unless you are kabuto, how manage to decipher most of it by pure studying). That means are through the entire time, they where always going to be uchiha that were power hungry as long as they kept believing in that tablet.

He should start by destroying the tablet and not the village.

Frog-fu

Banned

At this point I hope it's not canon because Kakashi as Hokage this late in the game is going to sour my opinion on the manga. It's among the worst things I could imagine happening for a manga that's about to end, to have another character step in, jack the MC's dream only so that the series can be drawn out even longer in the spin offs.

I couldn't care less if Naruto becomes Hokage in the movies, anime, games or whatever the fuck else. If it's not in the manga, the most canonical and important source, then my time has been wasted and Kishimoto can go vigorously fuck a rake for stringing me along all these goddamn years.

It makes so little sense at this point after all that Naruto has done.

Zoe

tumblr_murqdi1JNX1sijhkdo1_500.gif

Still the best moment in Naruto history. Kushina's arc is something else. Sorry, had to vent how much I love their encounter.

Which episodes are these? I gave up on the anime long ago, but I do want to see the Kushina and Minato parts.

Which episodes are these? I gave up on the anime long ago, but I do want to see the Kushina and Minato parts.
damnnnnn people need to keep on the anime, when it gets to the good stuff it really delivers. And even delivers on some stuff that wasn't even special in the manga like the kakashi/obito fight.

But yeah that whole arc where the gif above happens is episodes 246-249. Definitely watch those. Prepare for the tears!

Frog-fu

Banned
If only...

Code:
[IMG]https://fbcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-0/10350616_356282311201826_8042054769090925515_n.jpg?oh=51762f5688f1bcb7d8e37121b394b1b1&oe=5485ECD0&__gda__=1422528857_8cf7ab58b49b167ea28ca0671f04ed61[/IMG]

DJwest

Kakashi hokage confirmed.

Am I the only who thinks that Hokages are literally getting weaker with each generation? Tsunade is IMO the worst of the 5, couldn't even face the main threat of her village, when Pain invaded. Kakashi will be even worse. Even with his Sharingan I wouldnt say that Kakashi was Hokage material but now that he's lost it? Dude would have been killed by Kakuzu in a 1 on 1 fight.

Am I the only who thinks that Hokages are literally getting weaker with each generation? Tsunade is IMO the worst of the 5, couldn't even face the main threat of her village, when Pain invaded. Kakashi will be even worse. Even with his Sharingan I wouldnt say that Kakashi was Hokage material but now that he's lost it? Dude would have been killed by Kakuzu in a 1 on 1 fight.

Um...unless you think Minato is weaker than Tobirama or Hiruzen, that really doesn't work...

Minato is weaker than Tobirama, he didn't had the kyuubi when he was alive. Hiruzen was hinted to be stronger than Tobirama on his youth. War Kakashi is definitely one of the strongest kages but only with Naruto chakra support.

Frog-fu

Banned

To be fair to Tsunade, she prioritised saving lives over fighting the enemy. With her Byakugō and Katsuyu she could have beaten Pain. Only reason I can imagine she didn't either is because it was Naruto's fight and Kishimoto wanted to save her for the war arc.

Minato is weaker than Tobirama, he didn't had the kyuubi when he was alive. Hiruzen was hinted to be stronger than Tobirama on his youth. War Kakashi is definitely one of the strongest kages but only with Naruto chakra support.

I think it's been pretty clear that Minato surpassed Tobirama in his life time without Kurama.

Current Kakashi without his Sharingan gets stomped out by the Gokage. The best he could hope for his Mei. Hell, one MS Kakashi isn't that much stronger.

DJwest

Um...unless you think Minato is weaker than Tobirama or Hiruzen, that really doesn't work...

The Minato hype died for me when he actually did nothing during the war. We never saw Tobirama in his prime, I wouldn't be surprised if he was stronger than Minato without Kurama's chakra.

To be fair to Tsunade, she prioritised saving lives over fighting the enemy. With her Byakugō and Katsuyu she could have beaten Pain.

Nah, no way Tsunade would have beaten Pain man.

ghstwrld

tumblr_murqdi1JNX1sijhkdo1_500.gif

Still the best moment in Naruto history. Kushina's arc is something else. Sorry, had to vent how much I love their encounter.

eh

Whole sections of this story are straight shit tbh; the forced parallels, the orange hokage mess and second generation facsimile fuckery in particular are completely vile and totally overplayed because they mostly undermine a lot of Naruto's relationships and choices and key themes/ideals from the beginning of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom