• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
Nah, no way Tsunade would have beaten Pain man.

Eh, I don't think Kishimoto is consistent enough with power scaling to believe that. Just think about it, Pain was the strongest enemy we saw at that point, but Gai with 7 Gates should be able to beat him.

Tsunade fought 5 Susanoo-clad Madara clones simultaneously, she took a ton of punishment and managed to keep going. I actually think she'd fairly comfortably take Pain.

I don't think you guys know how broken Kakashi with Naruto's cloak is. He can warp the head of most Gokages easily.

Mei gone
Onoki gone
Gaara gone
A might be fast enough to dodge
Tsunade might be able to regenerate a body part but he just have to sent her entire body away.

I-hate-u

Eh, I don't think Kishimoto is consistent enough with power scaling to believe that. Just think about it, Pain was the strongest enemy we saw at that point, but Gai with 7 Gates should be able to beat him.

Tsunade fought 5 Susanoo-clad Madara clones simultaneously, she took a ton of punishment and managed to keep going. I actually think she'd fairly comfortably take Pain.

But Tsunade is weaker than Jiraiya.

CassSept

eh

Whole sections of this story are straight shit tbh; the forced parallels, the orange hokage mess and second generation facsimile fuckery in particular are completely vile and totally overplayed because they mostly undermine a lot of Naruto's relationships and choices and key themes/ideals from the beginning of the series.

What is that, I only know overall outline of the last 3+ years?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah also despite what earlier encounters would have you believe J-man is likely much stronger than Orochimaru.

The big problem is that the manga always manages to portray Tsunade as a much more powerful Sakura in any encounters between the three. Book smart and physically strong but not in their weight class jutsu wise. The enounter between the three of them in part one also portrays her as an emotional wreck with it only taking a few choice words from Orochimaru to get her completely off her game. She also gets completely punked by Kabuto.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Considering he wants to be Hokage now, he might put on the headband just to say "It's my village now". But I dunno where he'd get one from.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I hope next week is:

Wear the headband

No.

Wear the Headband!

No!

WEAR THE HEADBAND!

NOOOO!
tumblr_lqvrf2DHxW1qa5p5i.jpg

I-hate-u

Naruto will beat Sasuke, let him be Hokage (following what Hashirama wanted with Madara) and make everyone acknowledge him (Like Itachi said).

Naruto will leave the village to focus on his own training and start writing his own novels.

Naruto will beat Sasuke, let him be Hokage (following what Hashirama wanted with Madara) and make everyone acknowledge him (Like Itachi said).

Naruto will leave the village to focus on his own training and start writing his own novels.
<3 I'd accept this.

I'm not as attached to Naruto becoming Hokage. As long as if it doesn't happen it's of his own accord.

I-hate-u

<3 I'd accept this.

I'm not as attached to Naruto becoming Hokage. As long as if it doesn't happen it's of his own accord.

His main reason to be Hokage was to surpass the previous ones, and get acknowldged by everyone. He is really strong now, and pretty much everyone acknowledged him at this point. Plus I am sure Kishi would like to pull a PLOTTWIST in Sasuke being Hokage and protecting the village instead of destroying it.

I speculated about it before but I said it would be cool if Sasuke said the only way they both walk out of this alive is if Naruto gives up his dream of becoming Hokage.

edit: and then it would be cool if Naruto agrees and then just decides to leave the leaf village without telling anyone where he will be going. Doesn't say anything to anyone, just makes that grand gesture to show he was serious and gives up Hokage for Sasuke. Then just straight up leaves.

Then the movie takes place in the future when he arrives again.

I speculated about it before but I said it would be cool if Sasuke said the only way they both walk out of this alive is if Naruto gives up his dream of becoming Hokage.

edit: and then it would be cool if Naruto agrees and then just decides to leave the leaf village without telling anyone where he will be going. Doesn't say anything to anyone, just makes that grand gesture to show he was serious and gives up Hokage for Sasuke. Then just straight up leaves.

Frog Fu is looking for you

Frog Fu will end you

Frog-fu

Banned

All my rage.

Yeah also despite what earlier encounters would have you believe J-man is likely much stronger than Orochimaru.

The big problem is that the manga always manages to portray Tsunade as a much more powerful Sakura in any encounters between the three. Book smart and physically strong but not in their weight class jutsu wise. The enounter between the three of them in part one also portrays her as an emotional wreck with it only taking a few choice words from Orochimaru to get her completely off her game. She also gets completely punked by Kabuto.

Dont forget that Jiraya was heavily drugged during that whole fight, and y Jiraya probably knew more about what was going on than Tsunade did, remember Jiraya was an actual spy with a spy network.

nostalgia-critic-o.gif

Someone release me of this genjutsu, because I don't want to believe this is real.

rrc1594

giphy.gif

I know its super unlikely and probably not the case but....I really hope that Narutos dialogue for the last is him trying to ask Hinata out or something else involving telling Hinata something important >_<

I know its super unlikely and probably not the case but....I really hope that Narutos dialogue for the last is him trying to ask Hinata out or something else involving telling Hinata something important >_<

Nice Avvy. Sasuke's dialog is weird, is he talking to Sakura? Sakura is pretty strong, she doesn't need protecting. I mean sure against the Juubi and other God's then yes.

Pic unrelated

tumblr_n1zasq6VfR1r6g0x0o1_1280.jpg

Pffft if it were up to you guys naruto would stomp sasuke in 3 minutes, become hokage, and everyone would cheer. All in a span of 2 chapters.

NO DRAMA.

Frog-fu

Banned
Pffft if it were up to you guys naruto would stomp sasuke in 3 minutes, become hokage, and everyone would cheer. All in a span of 2 chapters.

NO DRAMA.

Yeah, because we haven't had enough fucking drama over the past nearly 700 chapters.

The only reason Naruto won't become Hokage now is because it's lucrative for him not to. There are still millions to be made with the movies, games, and whatever else types of merchandise.

Any Naruto fan that's been hoping for closure with the manga's end is getting the finger and a "Pay me, motherfucker!"

Yeah, because we haven't had enough fucking drama over the past nearly 700 chapters.

The only reason Naruto won't become Hokage now is because it's lucrative for him not to. There are still millions to be made with the movies, games, and whatever else types of merchandise.

Any Naruto fan that's been hoping for closure with the manga's end is getting the finger and a "Pay me, motherfucker!"
#teampart3 dealwithit. Hokage aint worth jack anymore. Naruto aint about to sit around and do some paper work Tsunade style. He will become something greater than Hokage.

Is not that, is that Naruto would be the biggest bitch in the world if he did that.
HASHIRAMA WAS WILLING TO KILL HIMSELF to keep Madara around.

Is he the biggest bitch?

#teampart3 dealwithit. Hokage aint worth jack anymore. Naruto aint about to sit around and do some paper work Tsunade style. He will become something greater than Hokage.

HASHIRAMA WAS WILLING TO KILL HIMSELF to keep Madara around.

Is he the biggest bitch?

There's a difference. The situation was not the same.

1-Madara and Hashirama had the same goal, they want peace form their clans.

2-Hashirama new if Madara died, new Uchiha's would take his place.

3-Madara wasn't a complete bad guy at the time, he just needed to be sure if Senju taught of the Uchiha lives had the same value to them.

Now let's see this situation. Naruto would give his life long dream so that he walks alive against a fight from an opponent he has a good chance of beating, and leave him alive to kill the kages, imprison the tailbeast, bring bloodshed and become a totalitarian empire. When he is the only one that can stop him? Nah son that's absolutely the worst outcome.

Frog-fu

Banned
So, is there any consensus on Sasuke's sexuality? For all the guy's talk about reviving his clan, he's the most asexual character in the manga.

Asexual or the dude knows his priorities. Definitely straight though as far as I'm aware, given his mutual disgust when he kissed Naruto by accident.

There's a difference. The situation was not the same.

1-Madara and Hashirama had the same goal, they want peace form their clans.

2-Hashirama new if Madara died, new Uchiha's would take his place.

3-Madara wasn't a complete bad guy at the time, he just needed to be sure if Senju taught of the Uchiha lives had the same value to them.

Now let's see this situation. Naruto would give his life long dream so that he walks alive against a fight from an opponent he has a good chance of beating, and leave him alive to kill the kages, imprison the tailbeast, bring bloodshed and become a totalitarian empire. When he is the only one that can stop him? Nah son that's absolutely the worst outcome.
Since when do sasuke and naruto not have the same goal? they both want to change things for the better. they just have different ideas on how to get there. And there not being ant uchihas to take sasukes place is even bigger reason why naruto wouldn't let him die and even give up his dream if asked. Also sasuke isn't a complete bad guy either.

Also I'm not saying naruto walks away so HE can stay alive. He walks away so sasuke can stay alive. I don't think it would happen but it's still not that different than hashirama and madara.

Sasuke wants a revolution, a revolution involves chaos and bloodshed. That's even worse that Madara's/Goal because it's a short term solution that might or might not work.

I-hate-u

I dunno guys, Naruto giving up his dream for the sake of Sasuke and the village sounds like a "Naruto" decision and a well fitting ending to his character.

I dunno guys, Naruto giving up his dream for the sake of Sasuke and the village sounds like a "Naruto" decision and a well fitting ending to his character.
that's what I'm saying!

If he can't even save a friend then he doesn't even deserve to be hokage according to himself. I'm not saying it's exactly how it will play it out but I don't think it's far-fetched a scenario at all that sometime during this fight the 2 come to an agreement of sorts.

It'll be interesting either way, I'm pretty hyped. This is why I kind of hope that there is not only epic fighting but a lot of good discussion. I'd love to hear naruto and sasuke discuss the future and everything that has happened and things like that.

Niks

Naruto will transcend the title of Hokage... will probably become supreme kage, world kage or something along those lines...

Frog-fu

Banned
The only way I will be remotely okay with Kakashi being Hokage is if Naruto turns down the offer or there are circumstances why he can't take the job. Anything else is bullshit. Don't even get me started if they gloss over it and we suddenly see Kakashi as Rokudaime without any fucking explanation why, which is probably going to happen because fuck logic, right, why play Kobe when you've got Xavier Henry, amirite?

I was actually liking the trend of Hokage training students that train the next Hokage, starting with Hiruzen > Jiraiya > Minato > Kakashi > Naruto.

I agree with that. It's definitely BS if Naruto isn't even considered and it just fast forwards and what do you know Kakashi is hokage.

I don't see how that's possible though. The leaf village (along with everyone else) pretty much warships at the alter of Naruto Uzumaki. If he doesn't take the role it's because he turns it down.

Frog-fu

Banned
Thing is though, I don't expect Kishimoto to offer an explanation why the fucking ninja world messiah wasn't chosen for the same reason Naruto is still a genin. At the best we'll get some spiel about Tsunade deciding to retire for whatever reason and Naruto getting over it in 10 seconds flat.

lol, watch him still be a genin after all is said and done.

People come on.

Did he not just fucking promise zombie Minato two chapters ago he would become hokage no matter what the cost? I would take Kakashi-kage over him giving up his dream.

I want every bone in Sasuke's body broken, another promise Naruto has yet to fulfill.

Arrrghhgg the wait is killing me, this week is going to be torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom