• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should Sakura reciprocate Naruto just because "he worked his ass off". That's why I hate this pairing too. It's a fantasy for "nice guys".
if there is one reason I hope naruto ends up with someone else it's because sakura doesn't deserve him lol.

If she doesn't like him now after showing how great he is, his character and dedication and everything. Then she can go sasuke hunting forever.

Naruto and Ino! GO GO GO. Sexy ass kids.

If she was still alive, I'd go for Naruto/Mabui.

Goddamn, was she arguably the sexiest girl Kishi ever inked on a page.

LAWD
I can agree with that. Maybe that's why naruto wants to travel the world rather than become Hokage so he can track her and other hidden gems from other villages. Try to impress them with his whole I saved the world thing.

Why should Sakura reciprocate Naruto just because "he worked his ass off". That's why I hate this pairing too. It's a fantasy for "nice guys".

I don't like the pairing either

so your post is agreeable ;)
I am just saying Naruto is better then Sakura... hence she doesn't deserve him
I think you missed the point of why we said that in the first place...

ooops never saw that

my bad :p

Frog-fu

Banned

The Raikage's assistant
640px-Mabui.png

Frog-fu

Banned

You're forgetting this is Kishimoto, that romances aren't his strong suit, and that not only are the main pairings people discuss one-sided relationships of unrequited love, there is also such a thing as the "nice guy pose" lol. Naruto struck that pose when promised Sakura to bring Sasuke back.

Naruto is practically the definition of nice guy.
Code:
[IMG]http://img.mangastream.to/manga/naruto/183/Naruto_c183_p14.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.mangastream.to/manga/naruto/183/Naruto_c183_p17.png[/IMG]

It's fine if I post scans without watermarks, right?

It's just how Kishimoto likes to write things. Jiraiya arguably got just as bad a deal. Even 25 years or so after Dan kicked the bucket, he never got together with Tsunade. What's even sadder about that is that she seemed to feel something for him when he left Konoha to infiltrate the Hidden Rain village.

Kishimoto is a sadist and we just gotta
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/a1e6c982a9364cecf3c950e1c9e56944/tumblr_inline_n0k2to4smm1r5pt49.gif[/IMG]

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Oh Sakura. Forever a disappointment.

Hmm. Naruto vs Sasuke was about 8 chapters last time so I can't see the series ending by chapter 700

Ponn

Banned

Thank you. I kind of eluded to this earlier this week in the shipping wars and didn't want to come out and say it to offend anyone. If it does end up that way either it will be a one-sided sad relationship where Sakura had to settle for Naruto and/or it will be sending a message to all the creepers out there that think if they keep stalking or pestering a woman they can "change" them.

I'd rather see a message of if you open your eyes and give up the obsession you will see there is someone for everyone out there and sometimes they have been there for you all along you just couldn't see it.
Naruto x Hinata and Sakura x Lee

So. Naruto vs Sasuke Round Two huh? This is going to be something else.... also. When is The Naruto Manga Supposed to end?
no one knows

Random question:

Why does Naruto rep the Uzumaki symbol so hard on all his clothes and stuff? Maybe I'm misremembering but I never recall him boasting about his Uzumaki pride or anything. I like it though it's nice but it does seem a bit random.

it will be sending a message to all the creepers out there that think if they keep stalking or pestering a woman they can "change" them.

I'd rather see a message of if you open your eyes and give up the obsession you will see there is someone for everyone out there and sometimes they have been there for you all along you just couldn't see it.
Aren't you stretching a little with "creepers stalking"? XD

This is just a silly manga after all. And I don't see Naruto pestering Sakura. He moved on since the Shippuuden era... they are just friends for a long time. The only one pestering someone is Sakura with Sasuke.

Frog-fu

Banned
Thank you. I kind of eluded to this earlier this week in the shipping wars and didn't want to come out and say it to offend anyone. If it does end up that way either it will be a one-sided sad relationship where Sakura had to settle for Naruto and/or it will be sending a message to all the creepers out there that think if they keep stalking or pestering a woman they can "change" them.

It's been entirely my point that Naruto isn't entitled to having his feelings reciprocated because they're strong. What I want out of NS if it happens is for Kishimoto to stop shitting up Sakura even more and allow her to realise there's been someone better at her side the entire time.

There is nothing creepy about Naruto's feelings for Sakura. He doesn't put any pressure on her, he's just being very patient. He already told Sai he can't confess his feelings in earnest if he can't keep his promise.

The only one Naruto has been obsessed with it Sasuke.

Isn't she too old for him? Naruto is just a kid.

I would assume so, unless she's in her early 20s, in which case it's fine. If she's in her thirties, that's approaching KakaSaku levels of creepiness.

So...random thought.

After much thinking about it, I kind of want a manga where Team Samui (Samui, Karui, Omoi) are the central protagonists (Omoi taking place of Naruto) with Bee as their sensei (like in canon) and Kumo would be the main village instead of Konoha.

Sounds like a far more interesting manga

dani_dc

So why did Orochimaru want Sasuke body?

He can only use a body for 7 years, after that it'd go to waste, really feels like a lot of work for little pay off.
He should had just took out Sasuke eyes the first chance he got and then implemented them on whatever new body he had. Everyone seems to be able to do it, why not the guy whose life work was basically messing up with peoples bodies?

This whole eye transplants really messed up Orochimaru actions in hindsight.

Yado

So...random thought.

After much thinking about it, I kind of want a manga where Team Samui (Samui, Karui, Omoi) are the central protagonists (Omoi taking place of Naruto) with Bee as their sensei (like in canon) and Kumo would be the main village instead of Konoha.

I'd be on board with this except for the part about Bee. Most irritating character.

Frog-fu

Banned
So...random thought.

Sounds honest to fuckery boring, no offence.

It also reminds me that this should have happened but never did.
Code:
[IMG]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/214/5/9/naruto_459_prediction_p_1_by_ladygt93.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/215/b/2/naruto_459_prediction_p_2_by_ladygt93.jpg[/IMG]

Based LadyGT had it right. This should've happened, and it would've made perfect sense.

That, or Sai throwing a beatdown.

He can only use a body for 7 years, after that it'd go to waste, really feels like a lot of work for little pay off.
He should had just took out Sasuke eyes the first chance he got and then implemented them on whatever new body he had. Everyone seems to be able to do it, why not the guy whose life work was basically messing up with peoples bodies?

Orochimaru can change bodies every 3 years, not 7.

He wanted Sasuke's body because the wanted to become the Ultimate Being. We can now safely assume he wanted to become like Hagoromo.

I'd be on board with this except for the part about Bee. Most irritating character.

What? B is like one of the best characters around. The dude is hilarious, unique, and kicks ass.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member

It's implied if he found a suitable host he'd be able to stay in the body for longer.

The curse marks were to improve the compatibility.

Ponn

Banned
Aren't you stretching a little with "creepers stalking"? XD

This is just a silly manga after all. And I don't see Naruto pestering Sakura. He moved on since the Shippuuden era... they are just friends for a long time. The only one pestering someone is Sakura with Sasuke.

This is shipping wars in a Naruto thread. Is it even possible to stretch anything too far? Seriously thats why I wasn't coming out and saying that outright earlier in the thread when i was talking about why a relationship between Naruto and Sakura would end up being bad. I didn't want it to turn offensive or make anyone feel bad but was still something that I couldn't help but think about when put in perspective of how a real relationship might end up.

It's been entirely my point that Naruto isn't entitled to having his feelings reciprocated because they're strong. What I want out of NS if it happens is for Kishimoto to stop shitting up Sakura even more and allow her to realise there's been someone better at her side the entire time.

There is nothing creepy about Naruto's feelings for Sakura. He doesn't put any pressure on her, he's just being very patient. He already told Sai he can't confess his feelings in earnest if he can't keep his promise.

The only one Naruto has been obsessed with it Sasuke.

Wait, hold the phone. Everyone has been talking about Naruto and Sakura this whole time. oHHHHHHHHH i thought we all were talking about Naruto and Sasuke shippng all along.

jk

Yea I don't mean Naruto himself is acting creepy and again is why i was apprehensive about putting it that way. I've maintained that he is smarter then he is letting on with all the times when it gets serious about his relationship with Sakura and Sasuke he always puts Sakura and her love for Sasuke first. i don't think he really wants the relationship at this point because he knows she would just be pining for Sasuke the whole time. Now if after all this that just went down and Naruto did go with her i wouldn't necessarily call him a creeper but i still think it would send a wrong message.

Village

I agree.

This is why sakura naruto parings are dumb. She sent this dude out on a simp mission. Him and her ending up together would be some thematically clashing bullshit.

Only early sasuke and hinata stick up for our boy naruto when it counts.

#truefriends.

Thats not shikumaru, actual friend. And the coolest guy ever.

I agree.

This is why sakura naruto parings are dumb. She sent this dude out on a simp mission. Him and her ending up together would be some thematically clashing bullshit.

that's true, he stands up for naruto when naruto isn't even around. Also a true bro.

Sakura should learn :p

I agree.

Psst Shikamaru isn't cool, you know what's cool? Obito.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
the anime filler flashback eps really go out of their way to show Shikamaru as a good friend of Naruto's. So much that the idea that naruto was alone as a kid kind of gets thrown out the window

that's true, he stands up for naruto when naruto isn't even around. Also a true bro.

Sakura should learn :p

When does this happen?

I really need to re-read the whole manga one day. I drifted away from Naruto during the rescue Gaara arc, and only returned after hearing the hype for the Pein Invasion arc. Maybe I'll finally buy all the viz volumes when the manga ends.

Shikamaru is Naruto's true best friend. We just have to deal with Sasuke because Naruto relates to his shitty childhood and wants to help Sasuke/ be accepted by him, only for him to consistently be an irrational asshole for the sake of prolonging the story.

Village

Shikamaru is Naruto's true best friend. We just have to deal with Sasuke because Naruto relates to his shitty childhood and wants to help Sasuke/ be accepted by him, only for him to consistently be an irrational asshole for the sake of prolonging the story.

In the grand scheme of things sasuke is actually pretty rational, or rather who is is completely justified. You can't expect people to just have their problems go poof and magically go away. Apparently lack mental health facilities is something that plagues our world and naruto's. But naruto's possible shitting on several industrial complexes/ child soldiers is a conversation for another time.

Just one more pairing related thing:

People shouldn't write off Naruto's feelings for Sakura just like that. What matters in this manga are explicit statements, imagery, actions. The last bit we had from Naruto about his feelings was the Sai flashback "how can I confess if I can't even keep my promises?". No update has been made since then, so as far as I'm concerned the situation hasn't changed, Kishimoto just went on a radio silence. During the Kage Summit arc people said he got over her and the promise has been called off, but this chapter proved the promise is still a thing. Just don't be surprised if his feelings get reconfirmed too.

Also, there was a list a couple of pages back where people could bet on pairing outcomes? Seeing how one sided all of them are, and we have yet to have an update on Naruto, my entry:

open ending

I agree.

Yeah, it's pretty much nice guy logic, just like how other pairings are self-inserts too. But would it really contradict anything? Back then (when Kishi was rather consistent) one of the core message was if you work hard enough you can achieve you goals, get rewarded. And well, this series is about Naruto... People certainly don't have a problem applying this logic to Hinata "hey look at all the things she's done for him, no way they don't end up together!". But that's pairing logic for you :lmao

If Sakura has to settle for Naruto, then Naruto would have to settle for Hinata too. And Naruto certainly hasn't pestered her, he's been very considerate of her feelings.

Also lol, that last bit can be applied to Naruto x Sakura, but from Sakura's POV.

NoTacos

lol please tell me Sakura's condition is permanent. It looked like Sasuke
legit punctured her chest and
told her to get over her simp nature.

And I knew that place was going to be where the last battle takes place. It's only fitting. I'm guessing the manga ends wither by December or January at this rate.

lol please tell me Sakura's condition is permanent. It looked like Sasuke
legit punctured her chest and
told her to get over her simp nature.

And I knew that place was going to be where the last battle takes place. It's only fitting. I'm guessing the manga ends wither by December or January at this rate.

Yeah, that seems to be right. This battle will be around 1 volume, at most 2 imo. And we still have yet to see what the movie and that new era project are about.

NoTacos

Gaara is Naruto's best friend.

Gaara, Lee, Shik, and Hinata are the only ones who cared about Naruto early on. Fuck everyone else.

Damn, now that you mention it yeah they're in that core support group, Hinata being the longest reigning member. Lord Third and Hiruka Sensei were also there for him as well.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Damn, now that you mention it yeah they're in that core support group, Hinata being the longest reigning member. Lord Third and Hiruka Sensei were also there for him as well.

J-man too, well he'd have been in there from jump had Kishi thought of him earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom