• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

Lee's current limit is 6 Gates.

And I want to say that he could easily mangle the rest of the rookies with 'em, but Shino's kind of a wild card with those bugs of his.

[EDIT] - Oh, and I think Naruto 'n Sasuke are on an entirely different realm. Even with 6 Gates, he's not getting the better of 'em.

With all the shipping talk last page, do we even know if Sasuke is straight?

He's never shown any interest in Ino, Sakura, Karin, or any other female in the manga ever.

The fight will probably end with Sasuke beating Naruto again, drawing parallels and such. Then before he kills Naruto, he realizes he's actually fallen in love with him.

I mean, the Sage practically foreshadows it: "But for Sasuke too, a love different from the one he had for his mother."

Frog-fu

Banned
Sasuke don't care about the fairer sex, he be like

tumblr_m0yw8c78lg1qkzq2g.jpg

He's never shown any interest in Ino, Sakura, Karin, or any other female in the manga ever.

The fight will probably end with Sasuke beating Naruto again, drawing parallels and such. Then before he kills Naruto, he realizes he's actually fallen in love with him.

I mean, the Sage practically foreshadows it: "But for Sasuke too, a love different from the one he had for his mother."

Sasuke is Battlesexual. He only gets off by fighting.

tumblr_ncgr3eekAc1rbrys3o1_500.gif

Frog-fu

Banned
Accurate.
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/208e1158af94767441037dbf0b9e948f/tumblr_inline_ncgytgX7vq1snxe9l.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/84e1334677941fdaff87a850debd0fc0/tumblr_inline_ncgytorW051snxe9l.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/28168556a17cf39971aa9e3ae4f11ff6/tumblr_inline_ncgytvncwS1snxe9l.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/bc49639425ea797e47947b8f0b0545c6/tumblr_inline_ncgyu616wt1snxe9l.png[/IMG]

Hero

Sakura is such a shit character. Even after all of these years all she does is pine for Sasuke for NO REASON WHATSOEVER. Like if he had saved her parents or some shit I could understand maybe. But nope.

Hope Naruto curbstomps Sasuke.

I think the point they were trying to make this chapter, is that losing his parents in such a traumatic way has made him emotionally distant.

He's too scared to get close to somebody because he doesn't want to go through that feeling all over again.

Once he's talk no jutsued though, he'll be able to open his heart to others paving the way for SasuSaku to happen.

Sakura is such a shit character. Even after all of these years all she does is pine for Sasuke for NO REASON WHATSOEVER. Like if he had saved her parents or some shit I could understand maybe. But nope.

Hope Naruto curbstomps Sasuke.

and ditches Sakura

oh wait he already has.... but some people don't think so

Kishimoto ruined Sakura for real this time. I don't know... maybe he likes to draw her as a submissive character which is disgusting imo. An actual ending with her and Sasuke together would be lame at this point.

Anyway, I'm tired of Sasuke's crap. He doesn't deserve a happy ending.

Stage On

If one thing became clear to me in this chapter, it's that Sakura only has eyes for Sasuke.

If she ends up with Naruto now after all of that it would be the ass pull of the century.

Btw I always thought a potential trump card would be the Yamato scene. Kishi does like to reference old scenes. But he hasn't really gone anywhere with it. Hundred chapters later, still not a beep. Maybe it'll be brought up, but maybe he forgot about it/dumped it.

I don't remember this scene. What is it about?

If one thing became clear to me in this chapter, it's that Sakura only has eyes for Sasuke.

If she ends up with Naruto now after all of that it would be the ass pull of the century.
I disagree that it would be an "asspull" but it really would seem like a consolation prize.

Kind of sad for Naruto.

LOL SasuSaku shippers saying that Sasuke used Genjutsu on Sakura to stop her from watching both him and Naruto fight to protect her heart. HAHAHAHA sure...

Yado

It would be an asspull if most of the romantic pairs ended up together. I would be ok with it after a timeskip but as of now the groundwork just isn't there.

I think the point they were trying to make this chapter, is that losing his parents in such a traumatic way has made him emotionally distant.

He's too scared to get close to somebody because he doesn't want to go through that feeling all over again.

Once he's talk no jutsued though, he'll be able to open his heart to others paving the way for SasuSaku to happen.

He's never shown interest in any characters except Itachi and Naruto. I'm just saying. Probably something like "I realize I care too much about Naruto to kill him" and that's how he gets TnJ'ed.

Uzumaki Goku

Gotta love how fans overreact to every single thing in one chapter, my simple approach is to take a wait and see and we'll see where it goes. Yeesh. This is why these series are better read in volumes rather than individual chapters.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Don't understand why you people consider this chapter as a "nuke" to SasuSaku. Hell, I even view it as a strengthening case for it because just how (stupidly) strong Sakura's love for Sasuke is made clear in here, considering what the Grampa Ghost and Lame-Without-Sharingan guy were discussing and how Naruto has a ph.D in turning rejection/hate into acceptance/love.

I'd love to be proven wrong however.

Uzumaki Goku

What's also annoying is that so many people are utterly convinced that this is ending at Chapter 700 before the movie comes out. Why does it annoy me?

1. It hasn't been confirmed that the movie is canon. Could it be? Sure, but the truth is we don't know yet. Calm down.

2. Do people really think Naruto vs. Sasuke is only going to be 5 chapters long? The last fight at the end of Part 1 spanned at least 3 volumes, I could easily see this one lasting that long if not longer.

The manga is not confirmed to be ending in December, people need to stop jumping to conclusions on everything until we get the full picture. Gah, this is why I sometimes think I shouldn't read forums on this series, it just gets me stressed out.

People need to stop looking at things with pairing googles, when you read the volumes, you might see the progression, these chapters are SET-UP for what's to come... calm down, stop saying "this character sucks", "can't do anything", this is the endgame Kishi has a lot left to do, if the manga does end in 5 chapters, I will consider it the most rushed ending ever, could it happen? There's an outside chance, but like I said, WE DON'T KNOW. I mean, I've been guilty of this too.. (Chapter 688...) but it didn't last long... Reserve your judgments until this story is finished and then you can look back on things more objectively. People seriously need to sit back, relax and see where this stuff leads before you start calling bloody mary. ....I'm out.

Even if the movie is not canon it will still be based on canon events. For instance if Sakura were to die I doubt she'd be alive and older in the future.

I always looked at non-canon as just unimportant stuff that is not intended to affect the story in any way rather than completely alternate universe material.

rrc1594

Don't understand why you people consider this chapter as a "nuke" to SasuSaku. Hell, I even view it as a strengthening case for it because just how (stupidly) strong Sakura's love for Sasuke is made clear in here, considering what the Grampa Ghost and Lame-Without-Sharingan guy were discussing and how Naruto has a ph.D in turning rejection/hate into acceptance/love.

I agree and I can't believe it's Laughing Banana pointing this out. You have failed me SasuSaku fans failed me.

Eh? Am I missing something? Are there two Tobis? At the beginning of chapter 677, there's one with a chipped mask with one ear visible. Is it someone who hasn't been revealed yet?

Uzumaki Goku

Eh? Am I missing something? Are there two Tobis? At the beginning of chapter 677, there's one with a chipped mask with one ear visible. Is it someone who hasn't been revealed yet?

That was Yamato enveloped by a Spiral Zetsu.. once IT was activated, Spiral Zetsu let him go... but yeah, that Spiral Zetsu is presumably still out there.. (with a curse seal on, I might add...)

Uzumaki Goku

Even if the movie is not canon it will still be based on canon events. For instance if Sakura were to die I doubt she'd be alive and older in the future.

I always looked at non-canon as just unimportant stuff that is note intended to affect the story in any way rather than completely alternate universe material.

That was kinda the impression I got with Road to Ninja.

Sai

Do you recall the spiral-lookin' White Zetsu that Obito essentially used as a suit in his flashback with Madara? That's him, except he's controlling somebody else's body this time.

Yamato's, to be specific.

Hmm couldn't Madara still use Izanagi right now if he wanted to?
Like the Amaterasu Itachi set to release from Sasuke's left eye, that's something that would have needed to be prepared well in advance. He's dead now, Izanagi can't be cast.

Both of these dumb ships got destroyed this chapter, I hope Kishi does the right thing and no one ends up with anyone. It's what the fandom deserves and what it needs right now.

Ponn

Banned

This has been a great blow to their defenses. They are reeling and on the ropes. Time for a dempsey roll!!!

LhLsTDR.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom