• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
This shit is too similar, mayne.
Code:
[url]http://109.imagebam.com/download/yoCGW2O03w1SiIiQIVEW0g/36007/360065122/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-25%20at%2018.18.25.png[/url]
[url]http://111.imagebam.com/download/-jlSWbSh58rns86iQ0Ca5w/36007/360061473/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-25%20at%2018.00.54.png[/url]
[url]http://111.imagebam.com/download/1GLX55ErPVLPzlXRE1M9Yg/36007/360065126/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-25%20at%2018.18.37.png[/url]
[url]http://109.imagebam.com/download/Vm3kob3S-8oncMZdn74Tcg/36007/360065132/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-25%20at%2018.18.52.png[/url]
[url]http://109.imagebam.com/download/_bM73CBFsa9q1b6rS612WQ/36007/360068851/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-25%20at%2018.20.28.png[/url]
[INSERT SASUKE GETTING FUCKED UP HERE]
I like it. I like that we are seeing the parallel as of now but we will also obviously see where naruto and sasuke diverge from the path of madara and hashirama because of the type of people they are, especially naruto. I likes that.

Code:
[IMG]http://109.imagebam.com/download/yoCGW2O03w1SiIiQIVEW0g/36007/360065122/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-25%20at%2018.18.25.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://111.imagebam.com/download/-jlSWbSh58rns86iQ0Ca5w/36007/360061473/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-25%20at%2018.00.54.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://111.imagebam.com/download/1GLX55ErPVLPzlXRE1M9Yg/36007/360065126/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-25%20at%2018.18.37.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://109.imagebam.com/download/Vm3kob3S-8oncMZdn74Tcg/36007/360065132/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-25%20at%2018.18.52.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://109.imagebam.com/download/_bM73CBFsa9q1b6rS612WQ/36007/360068851/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-25%20at%2018.20.28.png[IMG]
[INSERT SASUKE GETTING FUCKED UP HERE]

-Pyromaniac- said:
I like it. I like that we are seeing the parallel as of now but we will also obviously see where naruto and sasuke diverge from the path of madara and hashirama because of the type of people they are, especially naruto. I likes that.

But Madara did threaten the village, that is what made Hashirama go the the kill (the win) this time around. Sasuke needs to say something stupid about Naruto's friends, his past or something. Get him upset.

celsowmbr

Banned
Some stuff I've found on redditz.

The guy on top is probably the villian from the movie.

TyG3rI4.jpg

Could be Hamura Ōtsutsuki son's ?

But Madara did threaten the village, that is what made Hashirama go the the kill (the win) this time around. Sasuke needs to say something stupid about Naruto's friends, his past or something. Get him upset.
I'm pretty sure wanting to kill the kage's and naruto himself is enough for naruto to be angry. I mean did you see sasuke's face?

I don't know but that's a badass mofo.

Pein

Banned
Sasuke needs to say some shit like Zod from man of steel, how he'll never stop or something. Make Naruto pissed so he can just give him a beatdown that sauce won't forget.

Make him shit his pants like what itachi would do to him.

Some stuff I've found on redditz.

The guy on top is probably the villian from the movie.

TyG3rI4.jpg

Looks like Sasori
Code:
[IMG]http://111.imagebam.com/download/1GLX55ErPVLPzlXRE1M9Yg/36007/360065126/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-25%20at%2018.18.37.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://109.imagebam.com/download/Vm3kob3S-8oncMZdn74Tcg/36007/360065132/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-25%20at%2018.18.52.png[/IMG]

Hashirama is thinking about the rock he threw across the river while Naruto is probably thinking about the rock that screwed him over

If Naruto is going to inherit Hiraishin, it'll be in The Last. I was looking foward to him using it as a solution to gathering natural energy, and countering Tobi's Jikūkan Idō. :(

Kishimoto's probably going to be a dick and just give it to Kakashi to make up for his loss of the Sharingan. Tch.

Ugh, everybody's been suspected of being Jashin, or related to it somehow since the Immortals arc.

Because there isn't actually a silhouette there, which is even more apparent in the Viz and tankobon releases. It's just part of the rocks.

I sincerely doubt Naruto would have failed to notice somebody watching from that distance. And if Kishimoto wanted to allude to somebody observing the battle, he would've left a more prominent clue; like Hashirama's reaction to what turned out to be Black Zetsu after defeating Madara.

Doubt he has enough chakra for Rasenshuriken.

Rocks would've been okay though. :p
Still wonder if we'll get an explanation as to why his eyes didn't deteriorate after spamming the tech over the years.

Looks like Sasori

Hashirama is thinking about the rock he threw across the river while Naruto is probably thinking about the rock that screwed him over

Ymw81V8.gif

So the rock was the true mastermind behind the events of the series. There was even a song in it's name in the first Naruto Anime opening.

Maddocks

Still wonder if we'll get an explanation as to why his eyes didn't deteriorate after spamming the tech over the years.

probably not, we can assume from what we know of kakashi and obito is that, Kakashi noticed a slight change in his eyesight, obito did not. so from that we can assume that Hasharima's DNA is keeping his eyes from blinding. Because we know he uses it every 2 seconds but has no downside effects, while kakashi uses it and he notices the deterioration.

brinstar

Yeah it's gotta be the Hashirama cells. Of course, there's not much of an explanation as to why Hashirama, and only Hashirama's celluar makeup is so freakin' magical.

Sai

Doesn't Sasuke have instant teleportation. Whats Hiraishin going to do. Though we don;t know the extent of Sasuke's teleportation. Can he use any matter and switch places with it?
He just swaps "spaces". He doesn't need a specific object to swap with, but some speculated after the chapter he was saved by Sakura and Obito that he can extend the range of the technique with one.

Could be Hamura Ōtsutsuki son's ?
A descendant, definitely. Not Hamura... No horns, and it looks like he's got the "natural perm" going ala Gintoki; Hamura's hair was straight.

I think I prefer Reincarnation over Hashirama Steroids. If Hashirama's DNA is special because of Asura, doesn't that mean that it should be rendered useless when Naruto was born?

Yeah it's gotta be the Hashirama cells. Of course, there's not much of an explanation as to why Hashirama, and only Hashirama's celluar makeup is so freakin' magical.

And that's the problem with ending a manga with so many different plot threads unexplained. Nothing about exactly where Kaguya came from? Why she was going to build an army for? How Madara knew about Nagato's existence for him go and transplant his Rinnegan to the boy. How did he manage to do so without Nagato knowing? etc etc

According to Itachi, there was a point in time where members of the clan abused the abilities granted by Izanagi, instead simply casting the technique as a means of escaping the undesirable results of their actions. Whilst this resulted in little issue if only one person were using Izanagi, if there were two or more casters, they would begin to fight amongst each other over personally favourable outcomes.

Still have no idea why two people using Izanagi at the same time would lead to such a result?

He just swaps "spaces".

A descendant, definitely. Not Hamura... No horns, and it looks like he's got the "natural perm" going ala Gintoki; Hamura's hair was straight.
I dunno this guy's hair resembles more like Sasori's than anything.

Sai

As Maddocks and brinstar said, it was likely due to the fact that half of his body was comprised of Hashirama's genetic material. Just as they allowed the replenishment of Shisui's dōryoku after using Kotoamatsukami to be reduced to a single day from an entire decade, or extend the duration of Izanagi up to 10 minutes from a minuscule moment, Hashirama's power likely had some kind of way to slow down, or entirely negate the Mangekyō Sharingan's descent into darkness.

Of course, there's not much of an explanation as to why Hashirama, and only Hashirama's celluar makeup is so freakin' magical.
At first I was just going to say "Asura", but Naruto's chakra wasn't exhibiting anything quite as ridiculous as that before he gained Kyūbi Chakra Mode. Perhaps it was simply due to the life-creating properties of Mokuton in general, which the vitality of Asura's chakra only served to supplement, that made Hashirama's power particularly special in this regard.

It's almost... No, completely silly how much of a "cure-all" Hashirama's cultivated flesh ended up being.

If Hashirama's DNA is special because of Asura, doesn't that mean that it should be rendered useless when Naruto was born?
Eh, the way Kishimoto has been handling the distribution and use of chakra has been extremely weird these last few arcs, ever since Kinkaku went "v2" with merely remnants of the Kyūbi's chakra.

It seemed to become less about the amount of chakra and more about how the qualities of certain types effected those who came into contact with them. Asura and Indra's chakra have migrated to Naruto and Sasuke, but Hashirama and Madara still possess their chakra.

That, at times, seemed to conflict with the manner in which these sudden revelations of Kaguya and the Shinju seemed to imply there being some kind of fixed amount of chakra that was spread throughout. Has the quantity of chakra in general been increased through all this partitioning of the Bijū 'n such?

* Sai shrugs.

And that's the problem with ending a manga with so many different plot threads unexplained. Nothing about exactly where Kaguya came from? Why she was going to build an army for? How Madara knew about Nagato's existence for him go and transplant his Rinnegan to the boy. How did he manage to do so without Nagato knowing? etc etc
Both the upcoming 4th Data Book and The Last are Kishimoto's best and last opportunities to explain the matters related to Kaguya, at least, as the movie's antagonist is likely related to the Ōtsutsuki.

I'm still betting on Nagato being Madara's actual child, explaining why he was compatible enough to use both Rinnegan... Which Obito couldn't, even though half his body was made up of Hashirama goop.

brinstar

Kaguya is from a faraway land, I don't think there needs to be much more of an explanation than that, otherwise you get into the territory of one question leading into another question. However the army thing, imo, was a completely unnecessary addition. I get that he wanted to raise the stakes with the Infinite Tsukuyomi but it just ended up causing a lot of confusion.

On the other hand, it seemed to be implied, at least to me, that when Kaguya first used the IT it was only on her people and not the entire world, so maybe the original purpose was for her to make an army to conquer the other lands in her time.

As for Madara, Zetsu can easily explain that all away, but I do think it's odd that such an important part of Nagato's backstory was glossed over. Honestly... I think Kishimoto changed course with the Rinnegan and its origins

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
As for Madara, Zetsu can easily explain that all away, but I do think it's odd that such an important part of Nagato's backstory was glossed over. Honestly... I think Kishimoto changed course with the Rinnegan and its origins
That's exactly what he did, but he definitely could have explained it better. Madara saving Obito for similar lack of reason is another thing.

Old man Madara just went around screwing up random kid's lives for little to no reason. I get the feeling he just lucked out and found members of the Uchiha and Senju (Uzumaki) that he could manipulate without any villages getting onto him.

Kaguya is from a faraway land, I don't think there needs to be much more of an explanation than that, otherwise you get into the territory of one question leading into another question. However the army thing, imo, was a completely unnecessary addition. I get that he wanted to raise the stakes with the Infinite Tsukuyomi but it just ended up causing a lot of confusion.

On the other hand, it seemed to be implied, at least to me, that when Kaguya first used the IT it was only on her people and not the entire world, so maybe the original purpose was for her to make an army to conquer the other lands in her time.
I understand what you're saying but the problem with that I feel is the fact
Upon the technique's activation, the light from the moon's eye illuminates the entire planet, turning it bright as day and making it impossible to escape. All living things are bathed in its penetrating light and immediately placed under the genjutsu.

You would think with that type of description for the technique, it the effect would spread throughout the entire world, rendering the need for an army conquer any land pointless. Especially when you basically have the power of a god. Though honestly I wondered why she wouldn't have a technique similar to Creation of All Things where she could merely alter reality on a planetary scale to suit her desires? Should be doable with the vast amount of charka she possess as the Jūbi.

Some of stuff done in this war arc just seems like bad story telling

-Orochimaru is the ultimate bad guy
-Akatsuki is the ultimate bad guy
-Specifically pain is the ultimate bad guy
-Nope, tobi is the ultimate bad guy who is the masterming and planner behind everything
-Somewhere in the mess sasuke attempts to take over as resident murderous asshole

Heck, naruto obviously forgot neji was ever a thing considering he even called tobi, his murderer, the coolest guy ever.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

You would think with that type of description for the technique, it the effect would spread throughout the entire world, rendering the need for an army conquer any land pointless. Especially when you basically have the power of a god. Though honestly I wondered why she wouldn't have a technique similar to Creation of All Things where she could merely alter reality on a planetary scale to suit her desires? Should be doable with the vast amount of charka she possess as the Jūbi.

Heck, naruto obviously forgot neji was ever a thing considering he even called tobi, his murderer, the coolest guy ever.
also the murderer of his father figure's parents and his own parents.

Well the moon didn't exist yet when Kaguya first used the technique, she could probably only use it on the people "close" to her and then she used the Zetsus to go after everyone else because she's too lazy to go around the planet hitting everyone with the technique.

Or she needs them to fight aliens.

He just swaps "spaces". He doesn't need a specific object to swap with, but some speculated after the chapter he was saved by Sakura and Obito that he can extend the range of the technique with one.

wow

RIP Flying Thunder God technique.

Sai

Eh, both Hiraishin and Kamui are still superior in my eyes. Maybe Sasuke's "shifting" technique wouldn't have had these limitations if both of his eyes were Rinnegan, but as it stands, Hiraishin and Kamui have demonstrated far more utility.

When Naruto FTG'd (or helped) the entire allied forces in the anime I fuck yeah'd. So badass.

Sasuke's jutsu is nowhere near that level of utility and greatness. It's incredible the feats the kid has accomplished this entire war arc and just before it and he is still fighting lol.

Frog-fu

Banned
The fact Sasuke's shifting jutsu has a cool down period and limited distance makes it bottom barrel T/S for me.

Naruto should really learn how to use FTG and expand on it with a LVL3. I suppose Kakashi could learn as well considering he's a scrub now.

I know people get stuck on that line, but obviously Naruto was making a distinction between the asshole who started the war and killed Neji and the cheerful kid that was his father's student and wanted to be Hokage like him.

Frog-fu

Banned
I'm hearing about a Wednesday release for 698, brehs.

I know people get stuck on that line, but obviously Naruto was making a distinction between the asshole who started the war and killed Neji and the cheerful kid that was his father's student and wanted to be Hokage like he dose.

This. I don't know how people are incapable of realising that Naruto was talking about Obito the guy that shared his dream to become Hokage, and not the murdered he had become. It's like they forgot that Naruto even told Obito to surrender, come quietly and accept his punishment in earlier chapters.

I'm hearing about a Wednesday release for 698, brehs.

This. I don't know how people are incapable of realising that Naruto was talking about Obito the guy that shared his dream to become Hokage, and not the murdered he had become. It's like they forgot that Naruto even told Obito to surrender, come quietly and accept his punishment in earlier chapters.
any time it becomes cool to hate on something people become purposely obtuse to even obvious things.

360pages

Guys don't joke about that, if she intervenes it would be the worst thing ever. If they wanted to make her awesome, they should give her, her own battles or let her help more. Her getting in the way of a one on one fight would be the worst.

Niks

It's very annoying, lol.
Almost as annoying as this if it happened.

olGfZGf.png

DO. NOT. WANT.

Guys don't joke about that, if she intervenes it would be the worst thing ever. If they wanted to make her awesome, they should give her, her own battles or let her help more. Her getting in the way of a one on one fight would be the worst.

Meh, I wouldn't mind this happening tbh... if only to see Sasuke humiliated...
anyways, it probably won't happen.

I can think of a whole bunch of things during this series that are a lot dumber than Sakura helping an exhausted Naruto, but that's just me.
By simplifying to "an exhausted naruto" you're pretty much ignoring all context of the moment and the context of what lead to this moment. It would just cheapen it.

By simplifying to "an exhausted naruto" you're pretty much ignoring all context of the moment and the context of what lead to this moment. It would just cheapen it.
How would it cheapen it? This has been what the manga has been about from the very first chapter. Being lonely/hated versus being loved/acknowledged. That's the difference between Sasuke and Naruto's idea of being Hokage. I mean I get wanting Naruto to beat Sasuke on his own. Complete the Madara vs. Hashirama parallel except Naruto's not going to kill Sasuke. I don't really care either way, I'm just not seeing why it would be that dumb for Sakura to save him.

Frog-fu

Banned
How would it cheapen it? This has been what the manga has been about from the very first chapter. Being lonely/hated versus being loved/acknowledged. That's the difference between Sasuke and Naruto's idea of being Hokage. I mean I get wanting Naruto to beat Sasuke on his own. Complete the Madara vs. Hashirama parallel except Naruto's not going to kill Sasuke. I don't really care either way, I'm just not seeing why it would be that dumb for Sakura to save him.

Naruto and Sasuke are rivals, their rematch has been the most anticipated fight for like a decade now. Fans want to see old arguments settled, once and for all, for that to happen, the fight has to take place and resolve mano-a-mano.

As for the parallel, Asura and Hashirama beat Indra and Madara respectively, on their own, despite becoming powerful through uniting people to their cause. Just goes to show some things have to be settled in old fashioned showdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom