• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pein

Banned
For me it's

1.Kakashi
2.Tobirama
3.Danzo
4.Hiruzen
5.Minato
6.Hashirama
7. Tsunade

If I include Naruto he's behind Kakashi, I include Danzo because he ran shit while Hiruzen was chilling. Uchiha's had to die and people can say Danzo did it alone but Hiruzen knew it was the right thing to do.

Frog-fu

Banned
saying what exactly?

Claiming people are ignoring the actual development of relationship between characters. You are the only that seems totally fine with Sakura not having a shred of dignity and fangirling over Sasuke after all the shit he's pulled. It's like you're so fixated on having picked the pairings that "won" that you ignore the fact the manga gave us nothing but reasons why it shouldn't.

That was his big flaw, he would never do thing necessary for protecting his village.

Killing innocent children and women is necessary to protect the village.......when is this ever the case lol

Claiming people are ignoring the actual development of relationship between characters. You are the only that seems totally fine with Sakura not having a shred of dignity and fangirling over Sasuke after all the shit he's pulled. It's like you're so fixated on having picked the pairings that "won" that you ignore the fact the manga gave us nothing but reasons why it shouldn't.

manga gave us nothing

No. Just no. Its more like the manga gave you plenty but you either ignored/dismissed it because it did not fit the outcome you wanted. We warned you, Kishi warned you and yet you insisted in living in delusion.

You are the only that seems totally fine with Sakura not having a shred of dignity

Make me laugh. Why does Sakura not have a shred of dignity? Is it because she continued to love Sasuke, wishing to save him no matter what happened.....you know EXACTLY what Naruto did.

and fangirling over Sasuke after all the shit he's pulled

fangirling.......again please explain.

Yado

I'm fine with them being to gather as well tbh. Sakura has ALWAYS wanted to be with Sasuke and at no point in the manga does she express otherwise. Sure he's done some shitty things to her bit he would have done that to anyone who got in his way. It's not like he was targeting her specifically or plotting against her. I'm also pretty sure that Sasuke knows aside from his brother, Naruto and Sakura were the only two people who really cared about his wellbeing. Them being together makes perfect sense to me.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ranking time? Oh yeah.

1. Naruto

Naruto_as_the_Seventh_Hokage.png

2. Tobirama

640px-Tobirama_Senju.png

3. Minato

620px-Minato_Namikaze.png

4. Hashirama

640px-Hashirama_Senju.png

5. Kakashi

320px-Kakashi_-_The_Last.png

6. Hiruzen

young_3rd_hokage_render_by_creed7361-d57nh0q.png

7. Tsunade

tumblr_static_images.jpg

Tsunade was the most boring/worst Hokage by a wide margin.

lol no....theres a reason why they kept it a secret. Hashirama would have sorted that shit out.

I'm not sure what Hashirama could have done. You can't force people to trust the Uchiha. The Second tried to appease them by giving them what he saw as an important role in the village. I'm still not sure why the Uchiha saw this as some sort of slight and a sign of distrust. The Third continues to try and find a peaceful way of dealing with them but no amount of negotiations seemed to make them happy.

The Uchiha where being assholes. Even though they KNEW that a revolt would end the village and trigger another ninja war. They were going to go through with it any way. Danzo was a monster but I completely understand his logic.

Also I can totally understand not trusting anyone with a Sharingan! Imagine your a ninja that worked for years to come up with and master a new ninjutsu. Then some asshole sees you do it once and copies it.

Fucking Uchiha's ruin everything.

damisa

This is rich coming from someone who was shipping Sasuke-Karin. You need to let go of your rose colored glasses. NaruHina was obvious for years, SasuSaku less so, but with NaruHina a lock, that shouldn't have been a surprise to anybody.

Frog-fu

Banned
No. Just no. Its more like the manga gave you plenty but you either ignored/dismissed it because it did not fit the outcome you wanted. We warned you, Kishi warned you and yet you insisted in living in delusion.

As if SasuSaku was the intended endgame all this time. You don't seriously believe the manga actually reflects this?

Still, humour me. What good reasons did the manga give us why Sakura ending up with Sasuke was a good idea? Between him trying to kill her, her loved ones, her home and whatever else, I must have missed it.

Make me laugh. Why does Sakura not have a shred of dignity? Is it because she continued to love Sasuke, wishing to save him no matter what happened.....you know EXACTLY what Naruto did.

Sasuke's forgiveness is not earned, it is given, and Sakura is willing to leave her home with him days later whilst everyone else are still mourning the fallen and dealing with the fall out. She didn't get mad once. It was so thoroughly out of character, as though she never grew up at all, standing their blushing and unable to look him in the eye as if she's in a fucking shoujo manga.

fangirling.......again please explain.

Obviously not literally fangirling, but this shit right here is the death of character development.
tumblr_inline_nema841dIc1sz9pj5.png

This is rich coming from someone who was shipping Sasuke-Karin. You need to let go of your rose colored glasses. NaruHina was obvious for years, SasuSaku less so, but with NaruHina a lock, that shouldn't have been a surprise to anybody.

I didn't actually ship Sasuke and Karin. She's the only one that he actually seemed to respect and be remotely attached to after the timeskip since she was of use to him. More to the point, Karin was always like that. That was pretty much the entire crux of her character. She didn't go develop and then regress. She never changed.

And get the fuck outta here with this bullshit that it was "obvious" who would end up with who. It sure as shit wasn't. Not with Naruto and Sakura getting the most development of all the potential pairings, and with Sasuke and Hinata hardly ever being around them. Least of all when Kishi wrote this type of shit outside of the manga to only make it more clear.
tumblr_inline_nerylbp6zb1ruk8ya.png

NaruSaku wasn't nearly as one-sided as the other ships. Not even remotely close.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Obviously not literally fangirling, but this shit right here is the death of character development.
You keep bringing this up, but why is this a bad scene? People can act badass one moment and lovey dovey at another moment. It happens all the time in real life and elsewhere in fiction. Sakura is "fangirling" because she feels as if because of Sasuke's turn-around in character and the fact that he actually acknowledged her and apologized ot her, she can finally have her affections go somewhere. She probably also wants to be around him to give him companionship, because she genuinely cares for him.

If you want to complain about any scene I would complain about her reaction to Sasuke's apology. "I'm sorry" should have gotten an "It's ok... *exposition*" at best, but "For what?" is a little extreme.

As a Fan of Sakura this moment disgusted me. She just faced down a fucking God, saved Naruto, Sasuke, surpassed Tsunade, mastered her teachers healing seal technique and help saved the world but she can't look Sasuke in the Eye like an equal? She reverts back to that 12 year old that could only blush at Sasuke when asked what her goals were?

Seriously fuck you Kishimoto.

Frog-fu

Banned
You keep bringing this up, but why is this a bad scene? People can act badass one moment and lovey dovey at another moment. It happens all the time in real life and elsewhere in fiction. Sakura is "fangirling" because she feels as if because of Sasuke's turn-around in character and the fact that he actually acknowledged her and apologized ot her, she can finally have her affections go somewhere. She probably also wants to be around him to give him companionship, because she genuinely cares for him.

If you want to complain about any scene I would complain about her reaction to Sasuke's apology. "I'm sorry" should have gotten an "It's ok... *exposition*" at best, but "For what?" is a little extreme.

She's not just being "lovey dovey" in this panel. She's reverting to a ridiculous little schoolgirl that can't look her crush in the eye or stutters when she speaks. This isn't the Sakura fans have been defending for years. This isn't the kunoichi that vowed to become stronger, inherited her masters will and fought in a war. This is someone entirely else. This is who Sakura was at the start of the story. Read chapter 3 again, you'll see the similarities. She once again puts him in front of him everyone, including her own village this time, to be with him - everything about that screams OOC.

I think I've bitched about her instantly forgiving him already. It's just that one panel that well and truly destroys her in the end.

As a Fan of Sakura this moment disgusted me. She just faced down a fucking God, saved Naruto, Sasuke, surpassed Tsunade, mastered her teachers healing seal technique and help saved the world but she can't look Sasuke in the Eye like an equal? She reverts back to that 12 year old that could only blush at Sasuke when asked what her goals were?

Seriously fuck you Kishimoto.

This.

Sakura takes one step forward, 10 steps back.

All the time.

There is no defending what Kishimoto did to her.

Inexcusable. Sexist. Disgusting.

And this.

SolVanderlyn

There's no problem with showing her feminine side. Those scenes are fine. The real problem is what Kishi didn't show which is an aspect of the conclusion of her character that centers around her role as a ninja. Cleaning the house was probably not the best way to show her final role. She should at least be a teacher at the academy or something, or heading a new Medical Nin school. The one scene that keeps being brought up was more a moment of weakness showing that she never got over Sasuke rather than a regression of character, but it wasn't conveyed well because the stronger aspects of her character weren't focused on after the war.

Frog-fu

Banned
I can't tell if you guys are serious or not.

There's no problem with showing her feminine side. Those scenes are fine. The real problem is what Kishi didn't show which is an aspect of the conclusion of her character that centers around her role as a ninja. Cleaning the house was probably not the best way to show her final role. She should at least be a teacher at the academy or something, or heading a new Medical Nin school.

It's not showing her feminine side that's the problem.

The problem is that Sasuke walked all over her for the majority of the manga and by the end of it she still acts this way. She still acts like she's back in the academy daydreaming about him complimenting her forehead. That's why 699 was terrible for Sakura as a character.

In fact, Sasuke is terrible for Sakura, period. He compromises all the growth and development she's had, and for Kishimoto to allow him to have that kind of effect on Sakura after all she's been through, all she's achieved - it's simply disgusting.

It's hard to defend a character when she's portrayed as poorly as Sakura is because the author insists on infantilising her when her love interest is involved.

Sakura loved Sasuke since day 1
Even though he moved farther away from them (leading to lesser interactions)... she still loved the dude completely
Naruto knew this... a majority of readers knew this

When Naruto joked about Sakura being his girlfriend to his father and we stated that it was a joke and proved it via the next scene where Naruto said he will not tease Sakura again, some of you ignored us...

Naruto told Minato later that he hasn't found someone yet which nullifies the whole "girlfriend" comment to begin with but nope Naruto being with Sakura was still being considered

We've seen Naruto progress closer with Hinata as the series moved on.
Kishi drew and designed Hinata first before even creating Sakura....

Also think about this for a second, as the series progressed Naruto crush for Sakura became weaker and weaker..... his bonds became closer in where he understood Sakura more but by doing so he released that she forever loved Sasuke

At first he felt jealously then became saddened by it and as the series moved along he grew matured and eventually came over it when he got closer to retrieving Sasuke

Naruto made one major promise to Sakura that sunk this ship completely down....

A promise of a life time to bring (Sakura's love interest) back Sasuke
He saw her cry for him, he felt her saddens for him, he knew he had no place in that heart...
Eventually his promise evolved in where he began to understand Sasuke and hence went out to save him (not for Sakura's sake) but for his own

Now look at the major interactions Naruto had with Hinata.... He though she was weird to the end game of marrying her

What was in between?

Knowing her resolve
Avenging her
Promising to change the Hyuga himself
Going ballistic in rage for her
Telling her that he got her back and that she shouldn't be always trying to save him
Sharing a sorrow with her
Having his resolve renewed by her
Realizing that she was always by his side and he thanks her for that

Eventually he realizes his true feelings and low and behold when he becomes a man he finds real love based off personality rather then some thing based off no real information seeing as he had a crush on Sakura based off of something or another (since he really didn't know her.... and heck she ignorantly didn't know him) for all we know he wanted attention like what Sasuke said...

damisa

You would think when Naruto basically told Sakura that he hated her and to f*ck off that people would have gotten the message that that pairing was dead.

Sakura loved Sasuke since day 1
Even though he moved farther away from them (leading to lesser interactions)... she still loved the dude completely
Naruto knew this... a majority of readers knew this

When Naruto joked about Sakura being his girlfriend to his father and we stated that it was a joke and proved it via the next scene where Naruto said he will not tease Sakura again, some of you ignored us...

Naruto told Minato later that he hasn't found someone yet which nullifies the whole "girlfriend" comment to begin with but nope Naruto being with Sakura was still being considered

We've seen Naruto progress closer with Hinata as the series moved on.
Kishi drew and designed Hinata first before even creating Sakura....

Also think about this for a second, as the series progressed Naruto crush for Sakura became weaker and weaker..... his bonds became closer in where he understood Sakura more but by doing so he released that she forever loved Sasuke

At first he felt jealously then became saddened by it and as the series moved along he grew matured and eventually came over it when he got closer to retrieving Sasuke

Naruto made one major promise to Sakura that sunk this ship completely down....

A promise of a life time to bring (Sakura's love interest) back Sasuke
He saw her cry for him, he felt her saddens for him, he knew he had no place in that heart...
Eventually his promise evolved in where he began to understand Sasuke and hence went out to save him (not for Sakura's sake) but for his own

Now look at the major interactions Naruto had with Hinata.... He though she was weird to the end game of marrying her

What was in between?

Knowing her resolve
Avenging her
Promising to change the Hyuga himself
Going ballistic in rage for her
Telling her that he got her back and that she shouldn't be always trying to save him
Sharing a sorrow with her
Having his resolve renewed by her
Realizing that she was always by his side and he thanks her for that

Eventually he realizes his true feelings and low and behold when he becomes a man he finds real love based off personality rather then some thing based off no real information seeing as he had a crush on Sakura based of something for all we know he wanted attention like what Sasuke said...

Couldn't of said it better myself friend.
tumblr_mnm0u2PRia1rhua56o1_500.gif

You would think when Naruto basically told Sakura that he hated her and to f*ck off that people would have gotten the message that that pairing was dead.
iAVAnzdJjaY9a.gif

You fan fiction doesn't count.

Does sakura even have a reason to love sasuke?
Nope. None what so ever. She had a crush on him when they were kids just like ever other girl in her class. But she's actually decided to dedicate her life and throw away her pride for... I don't know.. Reasons.

Frog-fu

Banned
Fuck it, I'm going to pretend LadyGT's finale is canon. At least NaruSaku actually respected and admired each other on top of their longstanding friendship. More importantly, Sakura doesn't turn into a complete fucking doormat when she's around Naruto.
Code:
[IMG]https://31.media.tumblr.com/30e1a8d9fb9ef9bc5e1df93717b6bfd0/tumblr_n6kj5ruXS11rn39jeo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

As if SasuSaku was the intended endgame all this time. You don't seriously believe the manga actually reflects this?

Still, humour me. What good reasons did the manga give us why Sakura ending up with Sasuke was a good idea? Between him trying to kill her, her loved ones, her home and whatever else, I must have missed it.

Sasuke's forgiveness is not earned, it is given, and Sakura is willing to leave her home with him days later whilst everyone else are still mourning the fallen and dealing with the fall out. She didn't get mad once. It was so thoroughly out of character, as though she never grew up at all, standing their blushing and unable to look him in the eye as if she's in a fucking shoujo manga.

From chapter 3-700, Kishi has shown Sakura's love to such a large extent only towards Sasuke. If it was ever ambiguous then it was clearly addressed several times in the manga who she still loved in later chapters. The question always was if Sasuke cared. Though its shown more subtly we see towards the latter part of Part 1 that the answer is yes. Now with Part 2, Sasuke looks to have thrown away all his attachments towards Sakura and Naruto. I admit that it looked unlikely simply because it looked unlikely Sasuke was ever going to return to Konoha......however if he ever did and was able to make amends, to remember the bonds he had with Team 7 and treasure them, then it's clear who he would end up with.

Why does Sakura not have a shred of dignity? Is it because she continued to love Sasuke, wishing to save him no matter what happened.....you know EXACTLY what Naruto did.

go on answer the question. Why does Sakura not have a shred of dignity for chasing the one she loves despite everything thats happened and yet Naruto who does the same thing is exemplified from it?

Sakura marrying Sasuke signifies the same lesson that Sasuke becoming friends with Naruto again shows. They both stopped at nothing to save the one that was dear to them and it was that perseverance and unwillingness to give in that saved Sasuke, neatly fitting with the main theme Kishi wanted to convey in Naruto: even if there are hardships it is possible to get along.

Sasuke's actually apology was literally horrible......however that doesn't in anyway detract the sincerity from it.....Naruto recognised it, Kakashi recognised it, you could see it with his expression but most of all Sakura clearly recognised it. The three, who have risked their lives, and spent 3 years, knew at that moment that the Sasuke they bonded with was back.

Once again we see a lack of comprehension on your end. Sakura says if. This is meant to be a throwback to the time in part 1 where she tells Sasuke to take her when he leaves. Simply put she wants to find out through his response if anything has changed in their relationship.....and she gets her answer:

tumblr_inline_neruyba7Z91qi8ty6.png

Sasuke in this one page not only will he reassures her that he will return to her but also that he does appreciate the love she has given him. Note how we don't see his eyes when he says thank you, but Sakura does and the reaction to this can only be described as someone who is in love. Lets also not try and undermine the importance of those words to Sakura....those words were the only hope she has had throughout Shippuuden that Sasuke does still care about her and him repeating those words is essentially washes away all her fears.

Now let me address this "fangirling". So let me get this straight.....it's wrong for Sakura to blush when the person she freaking LOVES and has LOVED throughout her life has finally returned and she wants to ask a question about his feelings towards her. Thats not the death of character development you so foolishly (though expectedly) label it as....that is called being human. I don't know if you've read the manga but Sakura has always blushed when talking personally to Sasuke and its normal to show such emotions when you're with the person you love.

T'Zariah

Banned
People defending SasukeXSakura....

What. The. Fuck?

If any of you think that's a healthy relationship in any sort of way, I genuinely weep for any real life interactions you have with the gender you're attracted to.

Village

People defending SasukeXSakura....

What. The. Fuck?

If any of you think that's a healthy relationship in any sort of way, I genuinely weep for any real life interactions you have with the gender you're attracted to.
Defending a fictional ninja relationship is different from real life

Calm down

It was so obvious Kishimoto needs a movie and retconned memories for Naruto to fall in love with Hinata after ignoring her for the vast majority of the actual manga, during which he's only had eyes for Sakura.
Any time Hinata and Naruto share a serious scene it is something that changes or renews his character

Naruto grew closer to Sakura via Team 7 dynamics, and him running around trying to find Sakura's love interest

He is Sakura's love helper lol
Sakura eventually wanted to help Naruto's dreams as he was trying to help her baseless love life

But in all seriousness

Naruto made a promise to a crying Sakura that he will bring back her love interest.... Think about that for a second... The guy is now running around tring to fulfil this promise knowing well enough that he does not share a future with Sakura by doing so...

Sai saw this and realized that it was just hurting Naruto.... Of course Naruto has other reasons to get Sasuke back like sharing a close bond with him but by refocusing his mission on something like this, only caused suffering

When Sakura came to Naruto believing that he would drop this promise by telling him a lie (that she loved him).... This made Naruto rethink his motive

• He saw that Sakura didn't have feelings for him
  • He saw that he was mainly focusing his efforts for this promise so that he could bring back Sakura's old smile again... Based off of some lying hope that Sakura will become happy again but somehow love him instead of Sasuke the reason for her sorrow to begin with

He realized that this was a fantasy that he had to save Sasuke because he wanted to save him and not to please some other being...

He later clashed with Sasuke and then later realized something which refocused his motive and later changed his end goal of saving Sasuke and the end result that it would create

What did this do exactly? It unchained him from that never ending sorrow he had in his heart... it freed him!

Dropping his love for Sakura was like dropping a mountain sized objective off his shoulder... All the times he saw Sakura cry in joy or sorrow for Sasuke it created some pain in his heart... but low and behold in the last few chapters when Sakura was crying tears of joy for Sasuke, Naruto didn't have a frown....

HE SMILED

360pages

Naruto, for all the attempted flirting he did with Sakura. Always backed off when she made her feelings known for Sasuke present, in part 1 when she cried when he was fine after Haku's attack. When she cried asking to bring him back when he left, when she told him that she loved Sasuke at the end before being put into a Genjutsu.

Naruto didn't really stop trying, but I think it was more of an if for him until later on when he fully realized it was flat out impossible.

It was so obvious Kishimoto needs a movie and retconned memories for Naruto to fall in love with Hinata after ignoring her for the vast majority of the actual manga, during which he's only had eyes for Sakura.

You and some other fans are forgetting this is a SHONEN manga,the parings is nothing but icing on the cake for fans. He can retcon all he wants,as I said before he left himself wiggle room with the time skip.Who knows what happens during the years ahead with Naruto/Hinata(movie will kick it off).Also Sasuke and Sakura could of developed during this time skip? This is why I welcome OVA/ODA/movies from here on out.Too many people here are in hyperbole mode over these pairings not thinking outside the box or looking at the bigger picture.

360pages

I think it's more of the problem that the series ended on it. As a result this is the last thing that people will remember the series for...who boned who. Which is kind of stupid, and probably should have had one more chapter after 700 focusing on the world and how the children interact with one another.

damisa

I think it's more of the problem that the series ended on it. As a result this is the last thing that people will remember the series for...who boned who. Which is kind of stupid, and probably should have had one more chapter after 700 focusing on the world and how the children interact with one another.

We're getting that

My Hokage ranking

1) Tsunade,
an actual good female character unlike Sakura
2) Tobirama
3) Hashirama
4) Naruto

Kakashi, Hiruzen and Minato are whatever

SolVanderlyn

We're getting that
Yeah, 700 also had the tease with Sasuke sensing something/someone in the woods.

A big part of me believes the mini-series will do really well and lead them to make a full fledged part 3. The obvious choice would be to focus on Bolt and co. but I wouldn't mind them shifting the focus to other villages either. Naruto with Mist as the main village? Sign me up.

I-hate-u

I don't have any stakes in shipping wars, but I am glad Naruto ended with Hinata. He was rejected so many times, both jokingly, and in a serious manner. Nevertheless, it didn't seem more than a simple crush, and was often associated with a gag.

Besides, parenthood/personality/family/caring-wise, I think Hinata can do a lot more for Naruto and his children than Sakura can.

So, good for them.

Frog-fu

Banned
From chapter 3-700, Kishi has shown Sakura's love to such a large extent only towards Sasuke. If it was ever ambiguous then it was clearly addressed several times in the manga who she still loved in later chapters. The question always was if Sasuke cared. Though its shown more subtly we see towards the latter part of Part 1 that the answer is yes. Now with Part 2, Sasuke looks to have thrown away all his attachments towards Sakura and Naruto. I admit that it looked unlikely simply because it looked unlikely Sasuke was ever going to return to Konoha......however if he ever did and was able to make amends, to remember the bonds he had with Team 7 and treasure them, then it's clear who he would end up with.

This doesn't seem to account much for the fact that in that time Naruto and Sakura grew closer than Sasuke and Sakura had ever been and she was beginning to have feelings for him. I don't believe for a second that anyone could still genuinely believe NaruSaku wasn't a strong possibility around the time they went looking for Sasuke at the start of Part II.

The vast majority of development between Sasuke and Sakura was negative. Only wishful thinking could convince someone they were meant to be after each and every time he did something fucked up.

go on answer the question. Why does Sakura not have a shred of dignity for chasing the one she loves despite everything thats happened and yet Naruto who does the same thing is exemplified from it?

I already did in a previous post. Sakura instantly forgave Sasuke and made him the centre of her universe all over again and was willing to leave the village, as if she didn't care who'd be leaving behind or what others would think of her. It was like Sakura hadn't come into her own as an individual. That's why it felt so OOC.

Sakura marrying Sasuke signifies the same lesson that Sasuke becoming friends with Naruto again shows. They both stopped at nothing to save the one that was dear to them and it was that perseverance and unwillingness to give in that saved Sasuke, neatly fitting with the main theme Kishi wanted to convey in Naruto: even if there are hardships it is possible to get along.

Sasuke was saved by Naruto. There was no reason for Sakura to want to marry him, let alone actually do it by the end of the manga, but she did because she had to be somebody's waifu.

Sasuke's actually apology was literally horrible......however that doesn't in anyway detract the sincerity from it.....Naruto recognised it, Kakashi recognised it, you could see it with his expression but most of all Sakura clearly recognised it. The three, who have risked their lives, and spent 3 years, knew at that moment that the Sasuke they bonded with was back.

You don't seriously think one or two sincere apologies would be to make up for all the times he hurt Sakura? Sasuke should've been made to work for her forgiveness and whatever else that followed.

Instead we got an half-assed apology on one panel and her fawning over him on the next. Sasuke got the girl Naruto was killing himself over handed to him on a silver platter by the narrative, and it came at the cost of her dignity.

Once again we see a lack of comprehension on your end. Sakura says if. This is meant to be a throwback to the time in part 1 where she tells Sasuke to take her when he leaves. Simply put she wants to find out through his response if anything has changed in their relationship.....and she gets her answer:

Sasuke in this one page not only will he reassures her that he will return to her but also that he does appreciate the love she has given him. Note how we don't see his eyes when he says thank you, but Sakura does and the reaction to this can only be described as someone who is in love. Lets also not try and undermine the importance of those words to Sakura....those words were the only hope she has had throughout Shippuuden that Sasuke does still care about her and him repeating those words is essentially washes away all her fears.

Don't start shit over my reading comprehension when you're trying to twist some fucked up relationship whose foundations are rooted mainly abuse and contempt as something it isn't, a healthy, loving relationship.

It's amazing how you keep missing the point. We know Sakura loves Sasuke. Kishimoto has made that quite clear. What he hasn't made clear is why that love is justified. If anything he's done the opposite. Don't forget it wasn't that many chapters ago Sasuke was willing to let drop in fucking lava because she was a liability. That level of douchebaggery doesn't just disappear instantly after an asswhooping.

The fact you base your justifications for SasuSaku based on their interactions in 699 is laughable, but then again, it's not like you have anything else to point at beside the one chapter they were all OOC in since the hundreds of chapters that preceded it only prove how fucked up of a relationship SasuSaku is and why it should have never been made canon.

Now let me address this "fangirling". So let me get this straight.....it's wrong for Sakura to blush when the person she freaking LOVES and has LOVED throughout her life has finally returned and she wants to ask a question about his feelings towards her. Thats not the death of character development you so foolishly (though expectedly) label it as....that is called being human. I don't know if you've read the manga but Sakura has always blushed when talking personally to Sasuke and its normal to show such emotions when you're with the person you love.

"Being a human being" is not an excuse for every illogical and inconsistent characterisation. Kishimoto infantilising females characters when it comes to their love interests isn't surprising though. It's why Karin was always a completely moronic around Sasuke. It's why Sakura became a submissive little doormat whenever Sasuke gave her shit and acted like a 12 year old in 699. It's why Hinata fiddled with her thumbs and couldn't look Naruto in the eye, let alone speak to him.

You can't even tell the difference between the Sakura in chapter 3 and the one in 699.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom