• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what were those last minute changes.

Character designs perhaps.

Naruto lived. That's my bet. It makes sense considering the last chapter is a Sasuke monologue.

That is definitely not minor lol

he is avoiding the awkwardness of facing everyone after doing the things he did lol

lol

Whats weird is Kishi writes him saying there are a few things on my mind.....maybe he'e never going to follow up on that but I wonder what Sasuke is referring to.

360pages

Which is funny considering team Hebi actually had more interaction with Sasuke than either Naruto and Sakura did. Hell, I would lean more to calling them his friends than the team 7.

Doesn't help that Karin did hell of a lot more for the Sauce than Saukra ever did.

Eh, it's not like his living or dying has an effect on chapter 699. Minus that one scene at the end where he gives Sasuke the headband, he's a total non-factor in the final chapter.

Not sure if serious. Ending refers to 699+700. The death of the main character of the manga despite him only showing for 2 pages in 699, would be a massive change. Not minor.

I don't believe he would have made NaruHina so decidedly one-sided and SasuSaku the toxic mess that it is if the pairings were decided long ago, nor do I believe that he would have wasted his time setting up parallels around a pairing that was never meant to be.

Also, the whole parallel crap is just crap. When the entire point of Naruto was that you make your own destiny, you really think Naruto was going to follow at least one parallel?

Naruto was different from his dad, from Asura, from Nagato, from Obito. Those "parallels" existed for Naruto to break. So when his mother told him to find someone like her, did it not cross your mind that would be another parallel for Naruto to break? Naruto the character has never followed a parallel.

Well, I'm not going to be blunt and say something like, "You read the manga wrong", cause honestly very few people see this regardless of how they feel about the shipping stuff.

But:

http://i.imgur.com/u00MVuS.jpg

You put that all together, what do you think the author is spelling out for you?

PaulBizkit

Well, I'm not going to be blunt and say something like, "You read the manga wrong", cause honestly very few people see this regardless of how they feel about the shipping stuff.

But:

You put that all together, what do you think the author is spelling out for you?

I think kishimoto made kushina say that just to tease narusaku fans.

Ps. Team Hebi sucks, it should have just been the sword guy be his "apprentice", turn him evil at the end and have an epic battle for (sasuke's) redemption to "destroy the beast he created". But they suck.

I think kishimoto made kushina say that just to tease narusaku fans.

Yeah, Kushina's plea was designed to be broken from the start.

These are all from different translators but in the original japanese both Kushina and Naruto use the same adjective for weird. It's pretty much pointing to Hinata, and dissuading people from thinking that was the final conclusion.

People fixate on the last part of what Kushina said, "find a girl like her" but forget the first part which was to avoid a weirdo.

And when Naruto addresses this in his goodbye to his father, he deliberately leaves out the part about avoiding a weird girl. Because... :D

Frog-fu

Banned

But:

That tells me Kushina told Naruto find someone like her, which happens to be Sakura, and that he was still working on it when Minato left.

Naruto doesn't have feelings for Hinata until 2 years later.

Perhaps you should work on your own reading comprehension instead for forcing squares into circles and circles into squares to make sense of an ending that doesn't simply because you agree with it?

That tells me Kushina told Naruto find someone like her, which happens to be Sakura, and that he was still working on it when Minato left.

Naruto doesn't have feelings for Hinata until 2 years later.

Perhaps you should work on your own reading comprehension instead for forcing squares into circles and circles into squares to make sense of an ending that doesn't simply because you agree with it?

The last reestablishes things, despite its canon status. Apparently whatever Hinata said vs Pain never happened. Plus its a different writer. You think everything is going to be perfectly congruent?

Also, I think how I read the manga is more consistent with what was actually happening. As in, Kishimoto was deliberately stringing ship teases for the sake of debate. As opposed to the notion that he just flipped a switch in 699 and tarnished his nonexistent romantic subplot between the main heroine and main character.

PaulBizkit

I haven't seen the anime in a LONG while (the gaara vs deidara fight) and I totally ignored all the openings and ending songs.

Some like Distance and other pop.punk.rock songs are horrible. I was so disappointed to hear Jitensha too... poor Hinata, what a bad song she got.

But some are incredible. Michi ~To You All~ is fucking beautiful

Why are we still having shipping wars? I

This paring stuff is getting pathetic.

Even I'm able to see that there's far too much shipping in the GAF world of ours, I've always wanted to to do something about all this shipping, I'm just not quite sure how to go about it as of yet.
But I truly believe eventually the day will come when this thread will understand the pairings and post in harmony.

No but really this is like the endless cycle right now with no end in sight.

I would file this under someone not accepting Hashirama being the strongest as a retcon, honestly. I'm not arguing Pro Hinata so much as if I were writing Naruto, given Kishimoto's product, what makes the most sense.

Why did Kishi make Deidara such a jobber, his abilities were really fun :(((

I don't think he was supposed to live beyond his fight with Kakashi and Naruto, but popularity kept him alive to have a fight with Sasuke.

I have always understood the Naruto to Minato comment as being an acknowledgement that he wasn't pursuing Sakura. The way it was written was about his interest not going a certain way, not whether the way was going to take longer. The focus of the sentence was not about the time it would take to reach a given outcome but that the outcome was something different.

I also don't understand people who thought Naruto was not joking when told Minato Sakura was his girlfriend.

Turok_TTZ

Some peeps just can't let it go. Though I do understand them. If NaruSaku ended up canon, my meltdown would have been the stuff of legends. I thought there was a small chance with hinata's introduction in the manga.
Became a firm supporter of NaruHina since hinata vs neji.

It's true that the development is certainly missing and that is a valid complaint. Hell, I thought NaruSaku was on lock for much of part 2 with much disappointment... until Hinata's confession. No way she leaving empty handed after that. the fake confession from Sakura sealed the deal for me. if kishu wanted a NaruSaku ending, neither of those two moments should have happened. the Hinata ToJ carries the heaviest of weight. How could it be that Sakura, who is the main heroine of the series, not once had a ToJ moment despite her status? whilst Hinata, who is a side character, gives not only a ToJ reserved for important, sometimes pivotal moments by important characters, but to Naruto who is the star of the series. who was in need of one after nearly giving up to the very ToJ he himself has used so much by his opponent? if it was meant to be NaruSaku, Sakura should have done it. isn't Sakura the main heroine? no one would have faulted hinata to just stay crying in the background. she was a side character after all.

unless ofc, she would have more prominent role down the line. from side character to main character's SO is quite the role upgrade.

i'm on my phone. ill continue later on.

edit: nvm. forgot what i was going to post :lol:

Turok_TTZ

Waste of a movie villain confirmed

supa-hot-fire.gif

I have always understood the Naruto to Minato comment as being an acknowledgement that he wasn't pursuing Sakura. The way it was written was about his interest not going a certain way, not whether the way was going to take longer. The focus of the sentence was not about the time it would take to reach a given outcome but that the outcome was something different.

I also don't understand people who thought Naruto was not joking when told Minato Sakura was his girlfriend.

I think pretty much everyone reading the manga took it as a joke lol.

The shipping wars have ended....just like I said they would by the end. No more wars.....only canon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom