• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

Nana means 7. Naruto is Shichi/Nanadaime/7th hokage. Hinata's VA first name means 7.

the stars were in alignment for the one true pair that is NaruHina.

edit: and on to sakura, can't Shino or anyone on the Aburame clan end her? The Aburame clan is so underused and underrated, their bugs are OP.

edit 2: If the Aburame clan was actually used, how strong would they actually turn out to be?

TUSR

Banned
Djk6iCW.png

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Nana means 7. Naruto is Shichi/Nanadaime/7th hokage. Hinata's VA first name means 7.

the stars were in alignment for the one true pair that is NaruHina.

edit: and on to sakura, can't Shino or anyone on the Aburame clan end her? The Aburame clan is so underused and underrated, their bugs are OP.

edit 2: If the Aburame clan was actually used, how strong would they actually turn out to be?

Shino got one fight in the entire manga, one fucking fight. I think Kishimoto didn't know what the fuck to do with his powers. His bugs were kind of overpowered.

Shouta

Shino got one fight in the entire manga, one fucking fight. I think Kishimoto didn't know what the fuck to do with his powers. His bugs were kind of overpowered.

He kept nerfing Shino by giving excuses like the bugs were scared, lol. But yeah, I think his abilities weren't very good for coming up with new ideas or battle plans throughout the manga.

Joni

Kinda glad the anime filler used him so much.
One of the advantages of Studio Pierrot being pro-NaruHina

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Let's be honest: Shino should be able to wreck Sakura. In fact, the Aburame clan should be able to wreck everyone. They control insects FFS

I would soundly place Sakura above Kiba, Ino and Tenten. I think the rest of Konaha 11 will give her trouble.
Yeah, I think those are the three weakest combatists of the konoha 11/12. (Though that's not to say Ino isn't competent - She mind transferred the juubi and relayed info to the whole shinobi alliance, which even her dad, the head of communications, struggled to do.)

Lol @ Kiba and Ten Ten though.

gaara isn't one of the konoha 11. And he's stronger than everyone you listed at all points of the manga At different points Naruto and Sasuke surpass him though

I have never placed Gaara over Lee. Lee has always been stronger.

I'm convinced Nana Mizuki is the sole reason why NaruHina happened despite it being entirely one-sided all throughout the manga.

Conclusion: Sakura > Seven Gates Gai

The tears don't stop do they? Let it go. You read the manga wrong. Move on etc.

Let's be honest: Shino should be able to wreck Sakura. In fact, the Aburame clan should be able to wreck everyone. They control insects FFS

Yeah, I think those are the three weakest combatists of the konoha 11/12. (Though that's not to say Ino isn't competent - She mind transferred the juubi and relayed info to the whole shinobi alliance, which even her dad, the head of communications, struggled to do.)

Lol @ Kiba and Ten Ten though.

I honestly think Sakura is in the top half of the Konoha leaf in terms of strength.

1.Naruto/Sasuke
2.Neji
3.Rock Lee
4.Gaara
5.Sakura

Sakura has brutal strength, is clever and can insane healing capabilities.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I have never placed Gaara over Lee. Lee has always been stronger.

I honestly think Sakura is in the top half of the Konoha leaf in terms of strength.

Sakura has brutal strength, is clever and can insane healing capabilities.

She also has insane chakra control which keeps her from wearing herself out

Yado

I do not think most of the Konoha 11 could take Sakura if she was using all the tools at her disposal. It's laughable to even think of characters like Hinata or Shino besting her in a fight.

Frog-fu

Banned
I don't see any of the Rookie Nine or Konoha 11 not counting the original members of Team 7 standing much of a chance against Tsunade, let alone Sakura who has surpassed her.

It's not for a lack of acceptance for the ending we were given, nor have I misread the manga, though you are clearly more than happy to disregard its contents entirely so long as it validates your views, regardless of wasted development and loose ends that go unresolved.

Pein

Banned
Shino would get wrecked, he needs something like Torune's nano venom bugs to elevate himself.

Lee would get wrecked by Gaara, dude has upped his sand game ridiculously. Lee hasn't shown afternoon tiger or morning peacock so he doesn't even have the tools to take Gaara down.

Sakura can clear the rest of the 11 bar naruto.

Sai could put up a decent fight, because he has a sealing jutsu.

PaulBizkit

Don't keep up with the anime so I never knew Nana voiced Hina. I always liked her voice for Japanese language Colette in Tales of Symphonia so I'm okay with this.

We're going to be hearing stuff like this likely years to come due to Naruto's popularity and runtime, so best buckle your seats for the long haul.

yeah, i never knew either.

Let's get ready for the interviews where Kishimoto states that "maybe sakura was supposed to be with naruto if -something- happened" or "naruto was supposed to die at the end"

It's not for a lack of acceptance for the ending we were given, nor have I misread the manga, though you are clearly are more than happy to disregard its contents entirely so long as it validates your views, regardless of wasted development and loose ends that go unresolved.

Yeah, besides the Nana Mizuki conspiracy, I mostly agree with this.

yeah, i never knew either.

Let's get ready for the interviews where Kishimoto states that "maybe sakura was supposed to be with naruto if -something- happened" or "naruto was supposed to die at the end"

You kid, but watch it happen, Wouldn't be surprising at all!

Hans Holo

Banned
Wow. This NaruSaku shit is becoming too ridiculous. Months ago it was kinda okay to defend NaruSaku (even though NaruHina was more obvious than anything else in the manga).

But now it is just stupid. Get over it.

That said, I would rank Sakura or Rock Lee on number 3 of Konoha 12.

He looks like his dad in one panel and his 17 year old self in the other lol.

I'm not surprised though. According to some folks on tumblr 699 was, for the most part, planned eight years ago and was tweaked a bit, which makes it consistent with what Kishimoto said in interviews. 700 was planned only 3 months ago, which is around the same time they started marketing The Last.

but all in all Hinata/Naruto were planned 15+ years ago (before Sakura was created) so it doesn't make a difference :p

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
if 699 was planned ages ago, then SasuSaku was cannon since the beginning so NaruSaku never stood a chance.

To Kishimoto it was obvious: NaruHina and SasuSaku.

I count at least two: Kankuro and that dude whose arms he blew off.

I forgot he fought against that random sound ninja (I think?) dude.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yeah, besides the Nana Mizuki conspiracy, I mostly agree with this.

It's really not a conspiracy. Leveraging popularity of characters and VA is nothing new in the industry. It's common practice and it can and has changed works before and will again.

but all in all Hinata/Naruto were planned 15+ years ago (before Sakura was created) so it doesn't make a difference :p

If you say so.

if 699 was planned ages ago, then SasuSaku was cannon since the beginning so NaruSaku never stood a chance.

To Kishimoto it was obvious: NaruHina and SasuSaku.

From what I've heard parts off 699 were planned 8 years ago, presumably the resolution with Sasuke, his return to good, the headband, and so on.

The pairings probably weren't, unless you believe Kishimoto always intended to end his manga with a movie in which the hero falls in love with a side character he barely interacted with in the original manga, which I don't think is the case. I don't believe he would have made NaruHina so decidedly one-sided and SasuSaku the toxic mess that it is if the pairings were decided long ago, nor do I believe that he would have wasted his time setting up parallels around a pairing that was never meant to be.

If history, and facts say so

I agree, of course there where minor changes to accommodate Sakura... some things to extend the story.... and reducing the screen time of Hinata/and "the noble family" the Hyugas but yes it was indeed planned 15+ years ago

likely Kishi thought his series was ending early and had some old ending before but had to scrap it due the series growing popularity

This movie is likely him trying to find some end solution for his pairing ending that he wanted to have 15+ years ago

If your manga's ending pairing was planned (which I highly doubt considering how terribly written the romance was, but that's an aside), but said pairing has to have a MOVIE to explain the massive fuck up and jarring that was 700, then it's pretty obvious that the author is an awful planner to an exceptional degree, or this was last minute planned.

Forget Sakura. Naruto has more depth with Shikamaru and co, than he does with his own wife.

That's insultingly bad.

Fox318

yeah Kishi did but the whole romance thing on the back burner

but then again I read Naruto to see that top tier action

He said in an interview or something that he did that because he felt he couldn't write a love story.

Which is when you bring another writer in.

He said in an interview or something that he did that because he felt he couldn't write a love story.

Which is when you bring another writer in.

true

Plus I can understand why some editors switched the whole Naruto only loving Hinata idea seeing as it would be considered basic compared to the gag material the Team 7 love triangle in part 1
Have Kubo do the Art, Oda write the story, Kishi give the ideas.

GOAT

how about Togashi for that world politics and Mitsutoshi for that world building/design

Welfare

It's not for a lack of acceptance for the ending we were given, nor have I misread the manga, though you are clearly more than happy to disregard its contents entirely so long as it validates your views, regardless of wasted development and loose ends that go unresolved.

Don't you do the same when saying NaruSaku should have happened, when the manga for years has told us Sakura loved Sasuke, and not once did her love waver towards him? The same manga that has never shown Sakura showing the same affection towards Naruto, and the same manga where after the "confession" scene, the one time a NaruSaku moment is brought up, it's played for laughs?

Sure, this manga has a lot of wasted development, but the guidelines were there. Sakura could not give up her love for Sasuke, Naruto had a "crush" on Sakura, but realizes that his crush loves another. Hinata loves Naruto, and Naruto has always been a guy who gets over any obstacles, can get through any issue, and what would be the one thing that impedes Naruto from having a happy ending? An ending with a SO that loves him and not another?

Dropping his first crush and getting with someone who truly loves him.

NaruSaku was never going to happen.

Also, the whole parallel crap is just crap. When the entire point of Naruto was that you make your own destiny, you really think Naruto was going to follow at least one parallel?

Naruto was different from his dad, from Asura, from Nagato, from Obito. Those "parallels" existed for Naruto to break. So when his mother told him to find someone like her, did it not cross your mind that would be another parallel for Naruto to break? Naruto the character has never followed a parallel.

and yet he created another character from the Aburame clan with a different fighting style

Root, so much wasted potential

Frog-fu

Banned
Don't you do the same when saying NaruSaku should have happened, when the manga for years has told us Sakura loved Sasuke, and not once did her love waver towards him? The same manga that has never shown Sakura showing the same affection towards Naruto, and the same manga where after the "confession" scene, the one time a NaruSaku moment is brought up, it's played for laughs?

Sure, this manga has a lot of wasted development, but the guidelines were there. Sakura could not give up her love for Sasuke, Naruto had a "crush" on Sakura, but realizes that his crush loves another. Hinata loves Naruto, and Naruto has always been a guy who gets over any obstacles, can get through any issue, and what would be the one thing that impedes Naruto from having a happy ending? An ending with a SO that loves him and not another?

Dropping his first crush and getting with someone who truly loves him.

NaruSaku was never going to happen.

Also, the whole parallel crap is just crap. When the entire point of Naruto was that you make your own destiny, you really think Naruto was going to follow at least one parallel?

Naruto was different from his dad, from Asura, from Nagato, from Obito. Those "parallels" existed for Naruto to break. So when his mother told him to find someone like her, did it not cross your mind that would be another parallel for Naruto to break? Naruto the character has never followed a parallel.

I suggest you read up on the link about hindsight bias TactialFox supplied.

Sakura's love for Sasuke did waver. In the love whatever-you-want-to-call-it consisting of Hinata > Naruto > Sakura > Sasuke, only Sakura's love was ever put into question.

She loved Sasuke, and yet at the same time she had feelings for Naruto that were hinted at in the manga and the data books, and with those ambiguous feelings in mind, so many more of their interactions could have been construed to have romantic connotations.

No one else in that weird paradigm of unrequited love ever changed how they felt until the very last minute.

Whatever argument you bring up in favour of NaruHina and how it was supposedly "obvious" all along is weighed down by the mere fact Naruto was never attracted to her in the manga, and the fact that pairing needs a movie to explain how it came to be two years after the events of 699. You'd have to disingenuous to disregard that.

As for the parallels, Kishimoto uses them as a crutch. The manga is absolutely rife with them. They are not at all meaningless. You can choose to interpret them in whichever way you'd like, but I believe the more obvious interpretation is that Naruto was meant to succeed where Jiraiya and Obito had failed. He was meant to succeed in redeeming his friend and returning him to the village, and he was meant to get the girl in the end. Somewhere down the line, Kishimoto changed his mind, and I've made as much peace with that as I'm ever going to be able to.

Just for the sake of the argument though, Naruto making his own destiny was thrown out of the window when he was revealed to be the Child of Prophecy and the descendant of a demigod.

This is all missing the point of course, the biggest point anyway, which is: if NaruHina was meant to happen from the very start, then surely the manga would reflect that, surely there wouldn't have been a need for a movie, surely Naruto would have at the very least been hinted at being attracted to her in some kind of way in the manga, surely Kishimoto wouldn't have made her feelings so one-sided, and surely he wouldn't have chosen Sakura to call for him when the village was in danger or to embrace him when he returned after the battle. If it were Hinata all along rather than Sakura, then surely she would have been the one to play intermediary for what he was thinking and feeling during the war when no one else understood, and surely, that late into the game, Kishimoto would have written it so Minato drew the connection to Hinata rather than Sakura?

The biggest giveaway is the lack of closure for both Naruto and Karin. Their feelings were swept under the rug. Naruto was paired up with Hinata in a movie, and Karin disappeared, never to be seen again after she awakened her chakra chains to come to Sasuke's aid.

It's not that I haven't accepted the ending for what it is. I have. NaruHina, for all the shit I may gave it, is still a fine ship. I'm disappointed NaruSaku didn't become canon, but I don't mind it as much anymore. But I do mind the lack of closure for the ship I supported, and I do mind the fact NaruHina shippers suddenly possess the confidence they never had before to declare how it was obvious all along despite the fact the lion's share of development between potential couples was undeniably with NaruSaku.

I don't begrudge you being pleased with the ending even though I hate it, but I'm still going to criticise it, I'm still going to poke holes in it. Call it a difference of opinion, call it being salty or whatever, I honestly don't care though I do you the courtesy of responding to your posts anyway because just maybe you'll see things my way, or maybe you'll open my eyes to something I overlooked. I can't say I appreciate the blatant hindsight bias though. It's weak.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
I suggest you read up on the link about hindsight bias TactialFox supplied.

Sakura's love for Sasuke did waver. In the love whatever-you-want-to-call-it consisting of Hinata > Naruto > Sakura > Sasuke, only Sakura's love was ever put into question.

She loved Sasuke, and yet at the same time she had feelings for Naruto that were hinted at in the manga and the data books, and with those ambiguous feelings in mind, so many more of their interactions could have been construed to have romantic connotations.

No one else in that weird paradigm of unrequited love ever changed how they felt until the very last minute.

Whatever argument you bring up in favour of NaruHina and how it was supposedly "obvious" all along is weighed down by the mere fact Naruto was never attracted to her in the manga, and the fact that pairing needs a movie to explain how it came to be two years after the events of 699. You'd have to disingenuous to disregard that.

As for the parallels, Kishimoto uses them as a crutch. The manga is absolutely rife with them. They are not at all meaningless. You can choose to interpret them in whichever way you'd like, but I believe the more obvious interpretation is that Naruto was meant to succeed where Jiraiya and Obito had failed. He was meant to succeed in redeeming his friend and returning him to the village, and he was meant to get the girl in the end. Somewhere down the line, Kishimoto changed his mind, and I've made as peace with that as I'm ever going to be able to.

Just for the sake of the argument though, Naruto making his own destiny was thrown out of the window when he was revealed to be the Child of Prophecy and the descendant of a demigod.

This is all missing the point of course, the biggest point anyway, which is: if NaruHina was meant to happen from the very start, then surely the manga would reflect that, surely there wouldn't have been a need for a movie, surely Naruto would have at the very least been hinted at being attracted to her in some kind of way in the manga, surely Kishimoto wouldn't have made her feelings so one-sided, and surely he wouldn't have chosen Sakura to call for him when the village was in danger or to embrace him when he returned after the battle. If it were Hinata all along rather than Sakura, then surely she would have been the one to play intermediary for what he was thinking and feeling during the war when no one else understood, and surely, that late into the game, Kishimoto would have written it so Minato drew the connection to Hinata rather than Sakura?

The biggest giveaway is the lack of closure for both Naruto and Karin. Their feelings were swept under the rug. Naruto was paired up with Hinata in a movie, and Karin disappeared, never to be seen again after she awakened her chakra chains to come to Sasuke's aid.

It's not that I haven't accepted the ending for what it is. I have. NaruHina, for all the shit I may gave it, is still a fine ship. I'm disappointed NaruSaku didn't become canon, but I don't mind it as much anymore. But I do mind the lack of closure for the ship I supported, and I do mind the fact NaruHina shippers suddenly possess the confidence they never had before to declare how it was obvious all along despite the fact the lion's share of development between potential couples was undeniably with NaruSaku.

I don't begrudge you being pleased with the ending even though I hate it though, but I'm still going to criticise it, I'm still going to poke holes in it. Call it a difference of opinion, call it being salty or whatever, I honestly don't care though I do you the courtesy of responding to your posts anyway because just maybe you'll see things my way, or maybe you'll open my eyes to something I overlooked. I can't say I appreciate the blatant hindsight bias though. It's weak.

Karin and the rest of Team Hawk were left out at the end because Kishi never wanted them in the manga in the first place. They were forced on him by the editors and he made it clear he wasn't very happy about it.

Frog-fu

Banned
Karin and the rest of Team Hawk were left out at the end because Kishi never wanted them in the manga in the first place. They were forced on him by the editors and he made it clear he wasn't very happy about it.

I've only ever read that he said during Jump Festa 2008 that he didn't want to feature any of Team Hebi in combat but that his editor pressured him to do so to "spice things up" or something along those lines, but I wouldn't be surprised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindsight_bias

Please read this article in its entirety.

Especially the last part of the first sentence.

hindsight.......I've been confident Sasuke x Sakura was going to happen for years as long as Sasuke returned. I've been syaing it throughout this entire thread lol My only doubt was if Sasuke was going to come back which would obviously stop such an ending from happening but I wondered what kind of message Kishi would be sending if Naruto did not save his best friend which was pretty much the entire point of Shippuuden.

People thinking Kishi pulled a quick one simply have been interpreting the manga incorrectly. There were so many hints and literal confessions on what was going to happen between the two.

In a 2006 interview, Kishi was stated to have the conclusion in mind,

“I’ve already decided on the layout, text, and scenes. Not just the story ideas, but the visual ideas are solid" - Kishimoto

Hayato Date, the director of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden tweetted that the ending the manga just got is the same ending that Kishimoto told him 8 years ago except some minor last minute changes.

Yeah, let's not act like Naruto is some scientific or objective source where we can apply memetic internet fallacies.

I mean, you do know there's an overconfidence bias that's basically the exact opposite? The tendency to mistakenly correlate one's subjective confidence with objective accuracy? And how overconfidence bias often serves to increase the effects of escalating commitment, thereby causing people to refuse to withdraw from a losing situation?

Naruto isn't some case study or experiment where stuff like that perfectly applies because your opposition disagrees with you; it's a silly attempt to paint your opponents as irrational and thereby imply your position is rational in contrast regardless of the underlying merits.

Let's be honest. Sasuke's not exiling himself to repent shit.

That fucker's on unlimited vacation time to travel the world after that long ass war. Man he really pulled the wool over their eyes.

"Repent for my sins." lol

he is avoiding the awkwardness of facing everyone after doing the things he did lol

Amikami

Banned
he is avoiding the awkwardness of facing everyone after doing the things he did lol

An added benefit of going on vac- er exile...but

This is the same guy who plopped down in front of all of Konoha as a missing nin and declared he would be hokage. That was pretty awkward. Don't know if it can get much weirder than that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wow, that would explain them being unceremoniously abandoned in the summit arc and then not being important at all in the war arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom