• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camoxide

Unconfirmed Member
Yep it seems everyone forgot about this

naruto_ch664_p007-e1392222987177.png

Yeah... I'm pretty sure Madara is going to come back. He'll probably take over Kaguya when she's weak.

Good grief. This has to cement the fact that Kishi is making this shit up as he goes.

And Naruto is the good son reincarnation? At least that'll guarantee them fighting at the end.

You have to take in mind, this stuff didn't happened in two chapters, but in hundreds of them across a couple of years. It's a lot to take in one sitting, but if you read them or watch the anime, everything was foreshadowed and explained.

You have to take in mind, this stuff didn't happened in two chapters, but in hundreds of them across a couple of years. It's a lot to take in one sitting, but if you read them or watch the anime, everything was foreshadowed and explained.

Yeah, that's a good point. Still, it does give off an air as being made up as it goes along though.

Yeah, that's a good point. Still, it does give off an air as being made up as it goes along though.

That's because it probably is. I've always gotten the feeling that Kishi just kept adding more and more to it. Perhaps at one point he had a clear ending in mind, and either that's still there or it's gone out the window (I'd think it's the latter). Honestly, he can't write worth a damn, in my opinion. The series could have been much better handled.

I haven't read in a while, but have they just handwaved away the shit Sasuke did? He was full on bad guy at one point. I was sure Kishimoto had set him up past ever being redeemed

Possible but he sometimes goes as far as to leave a hint for something a 100 chapters before it happens. So maybe he plans it but he just does a bad job.

Also Sasuke revived Orochimaru and wants to become Hokage.

I haven't read in a while, but have they just handwaved away the shit Sasuke did? He was full on bad guy at one point. I was sure Kishimoto had set him up past ever being redeemed

They sort of explained it but it's BS, in my opinion.

I swear, Kishi will make Sasuke Hokage, not Naruto.

He had his arc in which he resolved the problems that made him nuts (mask man influence, Itachi's true story) and learn the true from the very root. He cool down his jets, was able to see the big picture and different goals. He is still a major douchebag, so while fighting form the good guys, he is not exactly a paladin of justice.

DedValve

Banned
I remember when part 2 just started I was expecting that the end of the manga would have Naruto/Sasuke at around Kakashi's level without being hindered by low chakra.

Ahhh, so naive.

The Sage tools will be used on Kaguya but she will break out of it as she should. She'll make some comment about how could the tools she created be used against her etc. I'm thinking by the end of the series, the Sharingan will become extinct and all the remnants of the sage destroyed (the tools, the made up tablet) which paves the way for a better future.

Just give me the damn fight and please don't bring the Sage's brother into the picture. Also, Madara will be back for sure. He needs to have his final moment with Hashirama. This story has become so incoherent...

I really would dislike an ending when people are without chakra, since it goes against everything we learned. Jiraiya said he dreamed of a world where people truly understood each other, The sage created Ninshu in order to have people look into each others hearts using chakra. Naruto was able to synch his chakra with everyone while and the alliance felt what he felt and understood him. I believe that's the final goal, like a good version of the moon eye plan.

Also writing this was almost impossible with the shitty Windows 8 keyboard that refuses to believe chakra is an actual word that exists.

mjontrix

The Sage tools will be used on Kaguya but she will break out of it as she should. She'll make some comment about how could the tools she created be used against her etc. I'm thinking by the end of the series, the Sharingan will become extinct and all the remnants of the sage destroyed (the tools, the made up tablet) which paves the way for a better future.

Just give me the damn fight and please don't bring the Sage's brother into the picture. Also, Madara will be back for sure. He needs to have his final moment with Hashirama. This story has become so incoherent...

Madara and hashirama are going to have a hug before this is over... Which will result in hundreds of thousands of yaoi fanart.

Erigu

To give you a sense of perspective, only FOUR days have passed in the manga in nearly 200 chapters.
Unless I'm mistaken:

First day of war: episodes 515 to 537
First night: episodes 538 to 544
Second day: episodes 545 to 587
Second night: episodes 588 to... now (683)? (there is daylight wherever Kaguya transported them, but it was night right before that "back in the real world", and it still is night when the Hokage gather around Madara's corpse)

Looks like not even 48 hours have passed since the beginning of the war...

Nope, Obito(who was dead) never opened his other eye until Naruto revived him.
Look again.

The "other eye" you're talking about is Obito's right Sharingan, which he's had since... well, birth. No reason to believe anything happened to it. Obito still had it when Madara attacked him, and it was still there the next time Obito opened his right eye, when Naruto revived him.

The eyesocket that saw some action recently is the left one.
Obito had one of Madara's Rinnegan in there since the beginning the war and until recently, when Madara attacked him to take it back.
Next time we see Obito, he appears to be... dead? unconscious? Anyway, his right eye is closed, and his left one open because it's on the side that's possessed by Black Zetsu. That left eyesocket no longer contains Madara's Rinnegan (quite logically: Madara took it back), but there is now a Sharingan in there. You can see it's Obito's Mangekyô Sharingan, and in fact, Zetsu just used Kamui to get Madara out of that pocket dimension.

In other words, Madara took his Rinnegan back, and gave Obito his left Sharingan (the one he gave away as a kid, and which Madara just stole from Kakashi) back.

So it is rather silly/convenient. Madara needed Zetsu to get him out of that pocket dimension, sure, but Zetsu could have just used Obito's right Sharingan. No need to give Obito his left Sharingan back.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So guys, what the hell happened to Hagoromo's brother?

Hamura.png

I don't think he's Black Zetsu, and he was strong enough to help Hago fight the ten tails and win. There's a giant chunk of story missing there and I think it's deliberate on Kishi's part. I can see him becoming real important real soon.

So guys, what the hell happened to Hagoromo's brother? I don't think he's Black Zetsu, and he was strong enough to help Hago fight the ten tails and win. There's a giant chunk of story missing there and I think it's deliberate on Kishi's part. I can see him becoming real important real soon.

The biggest theory is that he become the shinigami

But beside their likeness, the theory doesn't hold much water.

So guys, what the hell happened to Hagoromo's brother? I don't think he's Black Zetsu, and he was strong enough to help Hago fight the ten tails and win. There's a giant chunk of story missing there and I think it's deliberate on Kishi's part. I can see him becoming real important real soon.

Yep, we don't know atm, and it would be common sense to bring him in at some point.

Black Zetsu is alluded due to the way he calls Kaguya "mother" constantly, and it would make sense. Hagomoro is already within both Sasuke and Naruto so there's no reference there.

Yep, like I said, Kishi mentions him offhand in his intro which means he's going to have a hand in this. Awesome, another character added, another plot point not needed.

Sai

Uh, Kaguya said that she "hated" both Hagoromo and Hamura for sealing her away, and Black Zetsu was created just before that happened

There's no relationship between them.

It's pretty much a given that Hamura's descendants became the Hyūga clan. But besides creating another unnecessary parallel, or providing a point of origin for the Byakugan and the Hyūga's link to the Uchiha, I can't see much reason for Kishimoto to have given Rikudō Sennin a brother.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I personally like all these recent revelations about Kaguya and Hagoromo, because they've been slowly hyped up since the Gedo Mazo statue was first seen way back in the beginning of part 2. I've always been a fan of "Genesis" stories and the way that the statue ended up being the husk of the ten tails was awesome. And then the whole story about what the ten tails actually was a huge shock. Seeing characters like Kaguya in the flesh and having the entire plot drawn back to a single point is actually really cool, no matter what the haters are saying.

Zetsu, the eye of the moon plan, Madara's involvement, the sage and his importance, and all the rest of what's going on have been set up since at least the beginning of part 2, if not sooner. The Uchiha tablet has been a thing forever and we finally learned what it was all about. I hated the whole "zombie ninja" war aside from Kabuto, Nagato, and Itachi's involvement, but once the Obito reveal happened I feel like things have been steadily awesome from there.

Maxim726X

As soon as that dude trapped everyone in a gourd for saying words they like to say I said 'fuck this garbage'.

... Then I had a friend tell me what's been going on. To say that this shit has jumped the shark is a generous understatement. What happened.

Not

Banned
This is the one (only) manga I still read. It's like my last tether back to 2005.

That said, when is it going to end, jeez

I dont get that part. They also want to use edo tensei on Madara with the lower body half thats there? Didnt Orochimaru revive himself out of that edo tensei stuff? That would be pretty dangerous.

Orochimaru never died, he has (and still is) sealed inside Itachi's blade. But he took precautions and had a part of his soul inside the curse marks he gave. Inside Sasuke and anko. So he came back.

Madara however did legit took control of his body, but that was because he already knew the seals of edo tensei and when Kabuto released the jutsu, he casted edo tensei on himself. If Tobirama cast edo tensei on Madara there's a chance he breaks out inmediatly since Tobirama's edo tensei was weaker and didn't had the upgrades made by Kabuto and then Orochimaru. So yeah its a stupid ass idea

Brickhunt

So guys, what the hell happened to Hagoromo's brother?

Hamura.png

I don't think he's Black Zetsu, and he was strong enough to help Hago fight the ten tails and win. There's a giant chunk of story missing there and I think it's deliberate on Kishi's part. I can see him becoming real important real soon.
My hypothesis is that, since Black Zetsu deliberately choose Hagoromo's descendants as his paws, he did his best omit him from history. Maybe the Hyuuga clan does have secret ocular techniques, but no one knows because Black Zetsu omitted them while he deliberated taught the Uchiha clan, by editing the table, how to unlock their ocular powers.

It's possible that he won't appear, BZ choose one of the brothers and ensured their relevancy. The other pretty much disappeared from written and oral history, and BZ's narrative ensure his descendants will never be prominent enough.

Edit:
Madara broke free from Edo Tensei because, when Kabuto released the jutsu, there was absolutely no restrictions placed on him, so he could do the seals. Same reason why Tsunade's boyfriend only used the Ghost transformation technique after ET was released. I'm pretty sure Kabuto had precautions taken to ensure ET wouldn't do acts against him interest. That said, Orochimaru noticed he couldn't held Hashirama, and Hanzo did manage to commit sepukku. (Although I suspect he tricked the tag on his head by making his sepukko appear to be an attack meant to paralyze the enemy instead). It's possible that, with Hashirama's cells, Madara could resist orders and do the seals. But I'm pretty sure this would be impossible if Kabuto wiped out their personalities.

Erigu

I dont get that part. They also want to use edo tensei on Madara with the lower body half thats there? Didnt Orochimaru revive himself out of that edo tensei stuff? That would be pretty dangerous.
Madara himself did.

If anything, I'm wondering how resurrecting Madara somehow turned that Edo Tensei zombie Madara into a (conveniently young) Madara of flesh and blood.
That zombie really was just some random guy Kabuto sacrificed, underneath. Madara's real corpse was that of an old man, and god knows where (not sure what Obito did with that corpse, but Kabuto apparently got his hands on it at some point).
Good job finally explaining how Edo Tensei works just to contradict that soon after, Kishimoto! ^^

like already mentioned there was an arc that culminated in his change of attitude but as for his previous crimes, I wouldn't say they are forgotten it's just that there is more pressing shit going on. Also as Kakashi hinted a few chapters ago, no one is really sure what Sasuke's true intentions are even now after he stated he wants to become Hokage. Sasuke's version of Hokage could be anything really. Probably more of an iron fist kind of thing.

The aftermath of this whole war thing has potential to be pretty interesting. Sasuke and Orochimaru and co have done some pretty awful things. I guess we'll see how it's confronted, if at all.
I personally like all these recent revelations about Kaguya and Hagoromo, because they've been slowly hyped up since the Gedo Mazo statue was first seen way back in the beginning of part 2. I've always been a fan of "Genesis" stories and the way that the statue ended up being the husk of the ten tails was awesome. And then the whole story about what the ten tails actually was a huge shock. Seeing characters like Kaguya in the flesh and having the entire plot drawn back to a single point is actually really cool, no matter what the haters are saying.

Zetsu, the eye of the moon plan, Madara's involvement, the sage and his importance, and all the rest of what's going on have been set up since at least the beginning of part 2, if not sooner. The Uchiha tablet has been a thing forever and we finally learned what it was all about. I hated the whole "zombie ninja" war aside from Kabuto, Nagato, and Itachi's involvement, but once the Obito reveal happened I feel like things have been steadily awesome from there.
I agree with this. I kind of like a lot of overall things happening during this war arc. I like a lot of the twists and revelations and attitude changes and all that. The only thing bringing it down is the severe pacing issues I think.

SolVanderlyn

Madara himself did.

If anything, I'm wondering how resurrecting Madara somehow turned that Edo Tensei zombie Madara into a (conveniently young) Madara of flesh and blood.
That zombie really was just some random guy Kabuto sacrificed, underneath. Madara's real corpse was that of an old man, and god knows where (not sure what Obito did with that corpse, but Kabuto apparently got his hands on it at some point).
Good job finally explaining how Edo Tensei works just to contradict that soon after, Kishimoto! ^^
This kind of confuses me too, actually. The Third is still his older self, so why was Madara de-oldified?

This kind of confuses me too, actually. The Third is still his older self, so why was Madara de-oldified?

Madera was a special Edo Tensei, that's why Kabuto call him his trump card. He was modified to be resurrected beyond his prime. That's why he had a young body but still had the rinnegan, hashirama cells and all the knowledge and expertise he gained in the following years.

How did he did it? Fuck if I know, but he was the guy the threw a bunch of corpses in a blender, injected himself the juice and got all their secret abilities.

Azulsky

Madera was a special Edo Tensei, that's why Kabuto call him his trump card. He was modified to be resurrected beyond his prime. That's why he had a young body but still had the rinnegan, hashirama cells and all the knowledge and expertise he gained in the following years.

How did he did it? Fuck if I know, but he was the guy the threw a bunch of corpses in a blender, injected himself the juice and got all their secret abilities.

Essentially he had to get special eyes for him and he had to have the cells growing on the substitute body already.

Furyous

Unless I'm mistaken:

First day of war: episodes 515 to 537
First night: episodes 538 to 544
Second day: episodes 545 to 587
Second night: episodes 588 to... now (683)? (there is daylight wherever Kaguya transported them, but it was night right before that "back in the real world", and it still is night when the Hokage gather around Madara's corpse)

Looks like not even 48 hours have passed since the beginning of the war...

Look again.

The "other eye" you're talking about is Obito's right Sharingan, which he's had since... well, birth. No reason to believe anything happened to it. Obito still had it when Madara attacked him, and it was still there the next time Obito opened his right eye, when Naruto revived him.

The eyesocket that saw some action recently is the left one.
Obito had one of Madara's Rinnegan in there since the beginning the war and until recently, when Madara attacked him to take it back.
Next time we see Obito, he appears to be... dead? unconscious? Anyway, his right eye is closed, and his left one open because it's on the side that's possessed by Black Zetsu. That left eyesocket no longer contains Madara's Rinnegan (quite logically: Madara took it back), but there is now a Sharingan in there. You can see it's Obito's Mangekyô Sharingan, and in fact, Zetsu just used Kamui to get Madara out of that pocket dimension.

In other words, Madara took his Rinnegan back, and gave Obito his left Sharingan (the one he gave away as a kid, and which Madara just stole from Kakashi) back.

So it is rather silly/convenient. Madara needed Zetsu to get him out of that pocket dimension, sure, but Zetsu could have just used Obito's right Sharingan. No need to give Obito his left Sharingan back.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the anime mentioned the allied forces lost over 42,000 shinobi on the first day heading into night.

Did Naruto ever use "that jutsu" and what was it?

Village

I definitely see her flaws. She is one of my favorite characters in the series. I just hate that she gets bashed by a certain hardcore sector of a certain pairing fanbase. Sakura isn't like the others in her group who are from prestigious clans/family and able to learn their clan/family's jutsus. She had to work her ass off to get to where she's at. Yeah, she's never going to be at Naruto's or Sasuke's level, no one will, but she's not entirely useless. In fact, she's done more for Naruto than Hinata but I'm not going down that road.

Its not about powerlevels, its about being such an abhorrent person, the other other characters including the protagonist, address that shit.
She is literal garbage.

All the training that she has gone through has done nothing, NOTHING to redeem , her actions and uselessness.

Its not about powerlevels, its about being such an abhorrent person, the other other characters including the protagonist, address that shit.
She is literal garbage.

All the training that she has gone through has done nothing, NOTHING to redeem , her actions and uselessness.
but sasuke-kun <3

She is literal garbage.

She has done her par in the war. Saved lives, boosted morale, defeated a couple of Juubi fodder clones, saved Naruto's life. Of course when you compared her to Ino who when God mode, then yeah she kind of sucks.

She did more than Tsunade though.

She has done her par in the war. Saved lives, boosted morale, defeated a couple of Juubi fodder clones, saved Naruto's life. Of course when you compared her to Ino who when God mode, then yeah she kind of sucks.

She did more than Tsunade though.
Even though she did get better at being less useless in Shippuden, it's not enough redeem all the past annoyingness and even though she got better and matured a bit she still shows how naive/selfish she is from time to time. THE CONFESSION. nuff said lol. When naruto is able to see through you, you know you goof'd.

Erigu

"... Somehow!"

Still doesn't explain why zombie Madara was revived into a living Madara, when it should have been some random sacrificed dude underneath, and Madara's real (and old) corpse would have been elsewhere entirely...

Correct me if I'm wrong but the anime mentioned the allied forces lost over 42,000 shinobi on the first day heading into night.
Around 40,000 deaths, yeah. That's in episode 537 (see my list above).

Even though she did get better at being less useless in Shippuden, it's not enough redeem all the past annoyingness and even though she got better and matured a bit she still shows how naive/selfish she is from time to time. THE CONFESSION. nuff said lol. When naruto is able to see through you, you know you goof'd.
Man, that part was quite the combo...

1) Sasuke forms a team and starts caring about his new friends during the Killer Bee fight? Nope: leaves two of them behind, stabs the third one, no fucks given after all.
2) Sakura making some shit up with Naruto and being rejected right away, turning on her friends to go to Sasuke, making more shit up with him and utterly failing once again.
3) Naruto hyperventilating.

Well, that does it for the main trio! Well played, Kishimoto.
(around the same time, there also was the whole "Kakashi will have to take over as Hokage! ... or not at all, in fact, forget we even mentioned that")

Oh God the confession. Naruto is my favorite character and I wanted to choke Sakura for BSing him. Even worse is when she frozed when she had the chance to poison Sasuke.

Oh God the confession. Naruto is my favorite character and I wanted to choke Sakura for BSing him. Even worse is when she frozed when she had the chance to poison Sasuke.
I'm pretty sure sasuke could murder her with his bare hands and she'd be waiting in heaven for him to arrive. I don't ship anyone because I don't really care but I hope Hinata ends up with Naruto and has OP babies and I hope Sakura ends up with nobody. It's funny because she is in love with sasuke who treats her like shit and is constantly hurting the guy always there for her. That's why most people hate her I assume. But what really brings it home is that naruto and sasuke both respect and stand up for eachother way more than sakura ever did for either of them. In fact all she does is hurt naruto 90% of the time. I appreciate that kishi doesn't condone his own writing because he has made sasuke point out how dumb she is time and time again. Hopefully he sticks to his guns on that and she moves on.

She is just all over the place.

Raxus

At this point I hope it is Naruto and Sauce as the OTP.

God knows Kishi has been pushing it forever.

:DTL intensifies

As soon as that dude trapped everyone in a gourd for saying words they like to say I said 'fuck this garbage'.

... Then I had a friend tell me what's been going on. To say that this shit has jumped the shark is a generous understatement. What happened.

Yeah, that scene was pretty silly. The whole fight by the coastline was pretty terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom