• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I knew it was something like that. I just had an horrible though. What if the Sage brother is the one actually controlling everything? That would be ridiculous to the point of probability.

The fact that pairing are taking the majority of the conversation mean that this is truly a Naruto thread.

With that out of the way... NaruXHina all the way. You cannot deny that booty. Juicy piece of ass.

I know the way the villains were revealed was kind of funny in the whole "IT WAS ME!" "NO IT WAS ME!" kind of way but I think BZ being behind it all kind of makes sense and isn't unreasonable. I felt his explanation and scheming to be satisfactory enough. It made sense. I hope they leave it at that and don't add another.

The fact that pairing are taking the majority of the conversation mean that this is truly a Naruto thread.

With that out of the way... NaruXHina all the way. You cannot deny that booty. Juicy piece of ass.
is she the only or one of the very few female characters in naruto to have DAT FIGURE. The series is usually pretty restrained on that stuff as someone mentioned before.

To me black zetsu as a villain was this

Asphalt-Laying-Machine_1-600x362.jpg

Black stuff covering all those plot holes. Suddenly everything made sense.

Windam

Scaley member
Orochimaru is alive again? Or was?

I haven't followed the series in ages, but I thought Itachi killed/sealed him away? And was it ever explained what about Itachi made him so goddamn powerful and able to kill everything if he wanted?

I should probably read to find out myself, shouldn't I?

Started back in '02 or '03 or whenever it was Shonen Jump first became available in NA... Good times.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sakura will end up with her one true and only love, Rock Lee.
I'm not usually for pairing discussion, but I would love if this actually happened.

And personally, I've always disliked Zetsu. Really weird, super inhuman character in a series about ninjas. His flytrap thing seems to have disappeared (thankfully) but he's still way out of place, even with all the crazy other stuff going on. Kishi originally wanted to make all of Akatsuki weird like him and I'm really, really glad he didn't. That said, though, Black Zetsu has "Just as keikaku *Translator's note: Keikaku means plan*"'d the whole cast hardcore, and he's earned a bit of respect from me for that.

The Akatsuki as a whole were just fantastic villains all around. The way they worked in two man cells and complimented each other worked really well in just about every case, and almost all of them had a really unique and interesting design, both aesthetically and technique wise. Kakuzu and Zetsu are the only two I outright disliked.

I haven't followed the series in ages, but I thought Itachi killed/sealed him away? And was it ever explained what about Itachi made him so goddamn powerful and able to kill everything if he wanted?

I should probably read this again, shouldn't I?

Started back in '02 or '03 or whenever it was Shonen Jump first became available in NA... Good times.
Too much has happened to even begin to explain but yeah Orochimaru is back. Sasuke resurrected him. He seems to be helping out the good guys but you never know.

I'm not usually for pairing discussion, but I would love if this actually happened.

And personally, I've always disliked Zetsu. Really weird, super inhuman character in a series about ninjas. His flytrap thing seems to have disappeared (thankfully) but he's still way out of place, even with all the crazy other stuff going on. Kishi originally wanted to make all of Akatsuki weird like him and I'm really, really glad he didn't. That said, though, Black Zetsu has "Just as keikaku *Translator's note: Keikaku means plan*"'d the whole cast hardcore, and he's earned a bit of respect from me for that.

The Akatsuki as a whole were just fantastic villains all around. The way they worked in two man cells and complimented each other worked really well in just about every case, and almost all of them had a really unique and interesting design, both aesthetically and technique wise. Kakuzu and Zetsu are the only two I outright disliked.
Zetsu was almost toooooo creepy for this series. I think he is a well executed character mostly. I say that because he stands out so much and is super creepy yet his demeanour kept him in the background. You'd never think he was manipulating anyone but it's obvious in hindsight, sort of.

Windam

Scaley member
also to answer your second question, Itachi is a complete badass that's why he was able to kick everyones ass. I still think he let Sasuke win. The ultimate sacrifice!

Wasn't it said outright that his plan was always to die at Sasuke's hand? Man, I bet if he were alive he'd have ended this series by now by killing all the bad guys.

also to answer your second question, Itachi is a complete badass that's why he was able to kick everyones ass. I still think he let Sasuke win. The ultimate sacrifice!

A few of Sasuke's battles weren't wins. Itachi obviously wasn't at his peak and let him have the win, deidara blew himself up and even Sasuke admits he didn't defeat Oro because Oro was about to die in a day's time and was at his weakest.

Wasn't it said outright that his plan was always to die at Sasuke's hand? Man, I bet if he were alive he'd have ended this series by now by killing all the bad guys.
Yeah pretty much. Itachi was already dying so he let Sasuke believe he killed him to get the hatred and revenge out of his system. He is always doing things for the greater good.

A few of Sasuke's battles weren't wins. Itachi obviously wasn't at his peak and let him have the win, deidara blew himself up and even Sasuke admits he didn't defeat Oro because Oro was about to die in a day's time and was at his weakest.
That is true. He will always have Danzo though!

Srs though Itachi is my favourite. Only reason I never switched my avatar to him is because there's so much brilliant art work that I can never decide on one.

Spongebob

Banned

Come one, Deidara lost that battle.

Ponn

Banned

Sasuke is a punk ass bitch and I hate how the creator treats him like the golden child. His redemption is so absurd, he has done nothing but caused pain to others, used, left for dead and outright tried to kill many people. They can only be written off on technicalities the same way some jerk who deserves to be in jail for hurting many people gets off. You can't show one instance where he truly did anything good for anyone else out of the pure sincere kindness of his heart.

And unfortunately this series will probably end with him being the most undeserving Hokage. Naruto having already crossed everything off his bucket list except being Hokage will make some sacrifice and go the spirit world with all the tailed beasts and be made the honorary 6th Hokage with Sasuke the ruling 7th. The only thing that woud bring a smile to my face is that Ino and Sakura realize hes the jerk he really is, Sakura ends up with Rock Lee, Ino ends up with Choji and the Sauce ends up with TenTen.

Kusagari

Deidara/Sasuke was basically a draw that led to Kishimoto having to pull one of the biggest asspulls in history to have Sasuke live.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I say this: it's amazing the amount of attention some people give to Naruto considering how often they profess that they hate it or consider it trash.

It's actually kind of amusing to watch.

I say this: it's amazing the amount of attention some people give to Naruto considering how often they profess that they hate it or consider it trash.

It's actually kind of amusing to watch.
I was in on it late but I'd guess a lot of people have been reading for years and years and years and even though they'll hate it, it has been part of their life for so long that they still like it on some level and want to see it through to the end.

I didn't join until not very long ago. I consumed everything there was to consume when I went on an anime/manga binge. And even though I see the decline in quality I still find it entertaining enough.

I should probably read to find out myself, shouldn't I?

Itachi wasn't that powerful in retrospective but he was really wise (plot device wise), couple that with a couple of broken Techniques and he can beat anyone.

That's one of the things that's unique about the series, Jutsu's are more important than power levels.

Kakashi's one Sharingan had him from fodder to God tier. Obito's ''phasing is the reason he was so dangerous''.

Edit:

Which was? I'm not calling you out I legit don't remember that fight.

The Great Snake Escape, an asspull so big it has a title. Basically in the time Deidara exploded Sasuke was able to summon Manda, control it with his Sharingan, get inside his mouth and survive the explosion while inside. Manda died that way.

Kusagari

Which was? I'm not calling you out I legit don't remember that fight.

The Great Snake Escape in which Sasuke, who previously was said to have no chakra, summoned Manda, proceeded to genjutsu him and then hopped inside his mouth to survive Deidara's explosion going off. Take note that he managed to do all of this while Deidara exploded like 3 feet away from him.

Why does she need an army? She has everyone on the planet in a genjutsu, there's no one to fight.

Aliens.

If that theory turns out to be true (99% of them have including someone predicting Naruto would use sexy jutsu in one of the final battles and Madara willing himself alive with Izanagi), I'm done caring about the manga. Completely done.

:(

Speaking of Sasuke,

While I am still a big fan of the series, I really didn't like how for the majority of part 2 Sasuke is continuously getting big battles. But the main character, Naruto? But so much. From the Itachi Pursuit arc on, Sasuke fights Orochimaru, Deidara, and finally the big boss Itachi, quickly followed by his curb summoning from Bee. Naruto did jack shit that arc. While he finally got his second big fight in the next arc, he was sidelined again for the 5 kage arc. Sasuke's boss battle rush against the kages, and his clash with Danzo. Meanwhile Naruto just spends his time moping about his fallen husbando. You'd think the series was called Sasuke.

And don't even get me started on the rest of the 9 rookie.

The Great Snake Escape in which Sasuke, who previously was said to have no chakra, summoned Manda, proceeded to genjutsu him and then hopped inside his mouth to survive Deidara's explosion going off. Take note that he managed to do all of this while Deidara exploded like 3 feet away from him.

It's more of an asspull than you think. Sasuke had no chakra so Suigetsu used a vile of Sasukes blood that sasuke had given him earlier to summon Manda in case of an emergency.

Maddocks

Manda was also unsummoned while sasuke was in his mouth. So he had to to have it resummoned. Which sasuke knew would happen because he gave his buddy a scroll and his blood to have him summon the sname back thus returning him to the world.

Spongebob

Banned
Speaking of Sasuke,

While I am still a big fan of the series, I really didn't like how for the majority of part 2 Sasuke is continuously getting big battles. But the main character, Naruto? But so much. From the Itachi Pursuit arc on, Sasuke fights Orochimaru, Deidara, and finally the big boss Itachi, quickly followed by his curb summoning from Bee. Naruto did jack shit that arc. While he finally got his second big fight in the next arc, he was sidelined again for the 5 kage arc. Sasuke's boss battle rush against the kages, and his clash with Danzo. Meanwhile Naruto just spends his time moping about his fallen husbando. You'd think the series was called Sasuke.

It's the exact opposite now.

At one point Sasuke didn't even feature in the manga for ~2 years.

Dysun

I was in on it late but I'd guess a lot of people have been reading for years and years and years and even though they'll hate it, it has been part of their life for so long that they still like it on some level and want to see it through to the end.

I didn't join until not very long ago. I consumed everything there was to consume when I went on an anime/manga binge. And even though I see the decline in quality I still find it entertaining enough.

People have been hating the manga since the Sound Four arc. It's nothing new

Naruto got smooth sailing once he trained with killer B.

He fought against
Muu
Third Raikage (who is unnamed for some reason)
Kimimaru (he lost)
Black Zetsu (BZ faked his death)
Edo Madara
Fake Madara
Obito
Obito & Edo Madara
The 10 Tails
Obito controlled by the 10 tails
Obito becoming the host of the 10 tails (juubito)
Blind Madara
One eye Madara (Naruto dies against him)
One eye Madara becoming the host of the 10 tails (juudara)
All eyes Juudara
Kaguya

All of them top tier motherfuckers.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's the exact opposite now.

At one point Sasuke didn't even feature in the manga for ~2 years.
Yeah, Sasuke was out of the picture quite a bit in part 2.

He's missing for the entirety of the Kazekage Rescue arc, shows up briefly in the Sai and Yamato arc, is missing for the Hidan and Kakuzu arc, missing from the Pain and Konan arc, and then gets his own story arc fighting Killer Bee and Itachi before Naruto and his arcs converge at the Kage Summit. I don't think it's ever focused too much on him, especially considering that he's always been right alongside Naruto as a main character since day 1.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Naruto got smooth sailing once he trained with killer B.

He fought against
Muu
Third Raikage (who is unnamed for some reason)
Kimimaru (he lost)
Black Zetsu (BZ faked his death)
Edo Madara
Fake Madara
Obito
Obito & Edo Madara
The 10 Tails
Obito controlled by the 10 tails
Obito becoming the host of the 10 tails (juubito)
Blind Madara
One eye Madara (Naruto dies against him)
One eye Madara becoming the host of the 10 tails (juudara)
All eyes Juudara
Kaguya

All of them top tier motherfuckers.

its a shame all of these battles happened during the current war, it all seems like a blur

Spongebob

Banned

He's missing for the entirety of the Kazekage Rescue arc, shows up briefly in the Sai and Yamato arc, is missing for the Hidan and Kakuzu arc, missing from the Pain and Konan arc, and then gets his own story arc fighting Killer Bee and Itachi before Naruto and his arcs converge at the Kage Summit. I don't think it's ever focused too much on him, especially considering that he's always been right alongside Naruto as a main character since day 1.
Even after appearing again in the fight against Kabuto, he played second fiddle to Itachi. He also played second fiddle to Naruto in the fight against Juubito....

Sasuke really hasn't had a proper fight since Danzo.

injurai

Banned
Have the manga and anime deviated much story wise?

I've never read the manga. I stopped watching Shippuden at the Sasuke v Danzo fight on the bridge. I'd like to continue the anime if possible.

SolVanderlyn

Was Pain really Naruto's first full fight in Part 2?
Kind of?

Counting everything, including training:

Naruto and Sakura vs. Kakashi
Naruto vs. Deidara (sort of)
Naruto and Kakashi vs. Deidara (again, kind of)
Naruto, Sakura, and Sai vs. Yamato
Naruto vs. Orochimaru
Naruto vs. Kakuzu (after Kakashi had already begun to fight him)
Naruto vs. Pain

So... yeah, Naruto vs. Pain was his first proper fight.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Speaking of Sasuke,

People's dislike towards Sasuke really obscure them to see what's actually happening in the manga, and from a person that calls himself "a big fan" this is seriously puzzling.

As has been noted by others above me, Sasuke has abstained from a significant portion of the manga and seeing that he's the main guy's rival it is understandable that the author wants to push him more in the final days.

Naruto isn't being "sidelined" in favor of Sasuke.

King Boo

kakashi: there's more to this guy! (after itachi was just playing around, and with no knowledge of the cheap game shark eye moves)
kisame: why we gotta run? you could have... (questioning itachi's retreat from that time)
orochimaru: he is impossible to obtain (dude wanted to be the next rikudo)
black zetsu: this guy is invincible!!! (after witnessing itachi wielding legendary items)
kabuto: he's just too damn good
kabuto: he's not like the others (talking about all his zombies)
hashirama: your brother is better than me
sauske: you're perfect
madara: oh you got someone capable on your side (said this to the pathetic village leaders)
nagato: are you batman?
obito: i couldn't do anything while he was alive. glad he's dead (said this to black zetsu after itachi died. they made a deal where they wouldn't get in each other's way, as long as obito didn't go after sauske)
black zetsu: you're not like itachi (the ultimate put down used on sauske)
nagato: I'm sorry itachi
naruto: don't look into his eyes, if you do it's game over
3rd hokage: he was exploring ancient ruins and was already smarter than a hokage at the age of 7

itachi: i am not perfect (humble dude)

cyborg009

Banned

I secretly wanted Itachi to be the Fifth Hokage but he was never formally announced as one because of clan killing mission he had to do.

But seriously after the Fourth death he seemed like the best option.

Itachi as a Hokage would be no better than Danzo in my opinion. They had that extremist village above everything mentality that is just asking for trouble.

Magwik

Banned
Ive been reading the thread and all the spoilers to try and get interested in the series again (couldn't get more than 10 episodes into shipuuden), and it honestly seems just really hard to follow. How do you guys manage to keep track of all of this?

SolVanderlyn

I secretly wanted Itachi to be the Fifth Hokage but he was never formally announced as one because of clan killing mission he had to do.

That's kind of the point. He was best suited for the position and is probably the most talented, humble, peaceful minded ninja that was available, but he had to give everything up to do what he thought was right.

Speaking of what he did, he had to be really, really strong to take out the entire Uchiha clan. I know we don't know much about them, but his dad is at least insinuated to be a pretty competent ninja, and there were probably a good amount of jounins at Asuma or Kakashi's level. I know Madara can summon meteors and Hashirama can summon wood dragons and giant gates and that they can even alter the landscape with their awesomeness, but I think Itachi had to be at least approaching their level. He was also a good deal younger than both of them at their prime.

He is too good for Hokage. I have officially changed my avatar to commemorate him.

Itachi as a Hokage would be no better than Danzo in my opinion. They had that extremist village above everything mentality that is just asking for trouble.
Itachi was wiser though. And obviously has a good heart. Danzo is just ice.

People's dislike towards Sasuke really obscure them to see what's actually happening in the manga, and from a person that calls himself "a big fan" this is seriously puzzling.

As has been noted by others above me, Sasuke has abstained from a significant portion of the manga and seeing that he's the main guy's rival it is understandable that the author wants to push him more in the final days.

Naruto isn't being "sidelined" in favor of Sasuke.
I'm not talking about how much the focus is on them, I'm saying bout-wise, Naruto wasn't seeing a lot of action compared to Sasuke. I know Sasuke will get more of the spotlight in the arcs focusing on him, but Naruto hasn't really done anything then. Even before Sasuke came into the picture, Naruto hasn't really had a proper fight until Kakuzu, and then Pain. It's true though that the War arc had been good for both of them after they arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom