• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

klonere

Banned
You guys are also forgetting Austin going off on creative and becoming too big to control during the tail end of his career.

I know Austin was both personally and professionally a bad human being at this stage of his career but in the vacuum of walking out due to being made job, with no build, on free TV, I like to think he was in the right.

EDIT: Wasn't Austin the reason for that awful one night reign of Foley after the 4 way with BEEG, Austin, HHH and Foley? Because Austin didn't want to do the job to Hunter clean?

Fox318

All I know is he hated the traveling so he probably wasn't long in that business even if they allowed him some time off. He was 27 years old and achieved practically everything you can ask for. Face huge names one after another. His little interview with Austin (recently) was clear cut as you can get.

I think if he had similar travel accommodations that he has today he would have lasted longer.

All of the talent and staff should have better travel setup but especially the top stars.

Brock gets to fly in Monday for raw and fly out. He doesn't have to get to the Arena at 1 for a 7pm taping. Plus he doesn't have to work and travel 5-6 days a week working high school gyms because Vince and family can't get a good TV deal that doesn't sacrifice the popularity of the product.

If Hogan was exposed as much as guys are today he wouldn't have made it to Wrestlemania 4.

wasn't that because Vince wanted Austin to job on free tv with no build?

He wanted HHH to do the same thing with Dave Batista. HHH said fuck that we need to build it to mania and they had the most buys ever that year.

I'm pretty sure it had to do with Hogan. Funny enough, HHH lost the undisputed title to Hogan in his first PPV title defense.

Fox318

HHH negociated a smart deal and everyone won
Austin walked out like a big baby

HHH > Austin

Everything that we know today is that the top stars of the company know when to tell Vince no and fight back stupid ideas.

Except right now the only guy who can do that is HHH because he is family. Maybe Cena can because of his target audience but he is a yes man.

If WCW was around or NJPW+ROH was serious about North America people would be jumping ship.

imBask

Banned
Everything that we know today is that the top stars of the company know when to tell Vince no and fight back stupid ideas.

Except right now the only guy who can do that is HHH because he is family. Maybe Cena can because of his target audience but he is a yes man.

If WCW was around or NJPW+ROH was serious about North America people would be jumping ship.

i'm pretty sure others could too, CM Punk did it not too long ago and got EVERYTHING he wanted. This company is just filled with beta losers. Cesaro and Kidd made ironic shirts and that was the most defiant thing we've had since Punk

Sephzilla

You guys are also forgetting Austin going off on creative and becoming too big to control during the tail end of his career.

He shouldn't have walked out but he had a good reason to be upset. Vince wanted to have Austin lose to Brock in a no build up match, which was a stupid as fuck idea.

Fox318

i'm pretty sure others could too, CM Punk did it not too long ago and got EVERYTHING he wanted. This company is just filled with beta losers. Cesaro and Kidd made ironic shirts and that was the most defiant thing we've had since Punk

And what did they do with Punk?

He got over and they fucked him financially and fed him to HHH for no reason.

I mean if most of they pay stuff that leaks out is true most guys aren't making more than $250,000 and have to cover their own gear and travel.

imBask

Banned
And what did they do with Punk?

He got over and they fucked him financially and fed him to HHH for no reason.

I mean if most of they pay stuff that leaks out is true most guys aren't making more than $250,000 and have to cover their own gear and travel.

well they also gave him the longest reign ever, his own bus and blablabla, he did a lot of stuff no one on the current roster could possibly think of doing

I know about the financial problem, and that's why Vince and his crew needs to go. That "paying dues" business model worked in the 80s but it's long gone and it's showing

Fox318

well they also gave him the longest reign ever, his own bus and blablabla, he did a lot of stuff no one on the current roster could possibly think of doing

I know about the financial problem, and that's why Vince and his crew needs to go. That "paying dues" business model worked in the 80s but it's long gone and it's showing

You mean the year John Cena main evented almost every PPV that year?

All Vince could see was the Wrestlemania 29 payoff of putting over Cena.

gurudyne

If you mean the contract he signed back in 2011, Punk had a hell of a lot more leverage to draw on than anyone else will. He was on fire, drew new interest in the product from the mainstream press, and he was willing to walk away from the show. WWE's the only real show in town in terms of upward career mobility and pay (in America at least). Not everyone's willing to risk losing that on an argument with Vince. Even then, Punk mentioned how many arguments he had to back down from in his post WWE interview. "Knowing which hill to die on" was how he put it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you mean the contract he signed back in 2011, Punk had a hell of a lot more leverage to draw on than anyone else will. He was on fire, drew new interest in the product from the mainstream press, and he was willing to walk away from the show. WWE's the only real show in town in terms of upward career mobility and pay (in America at least). Not everyone's willing to risk losing that on an argument with Vince. Even then, Punk mentioned how many arguments he had to back down from in his post WWE interview. "Knowing which hill to die on" was how he put it.

How many people have ever been fired for getting into an argument with Vince about a push?

On NXT this week the ascension did a promo and started it by ASCENDING INTO THE FRAME before barking threatening things and Konner's teeth were bleached into the whitest white possible.

I think I loved it.

Fox318

Can somebody explain to me what the fuck Del Rio is doing?

He was the hottest man in wrestling a year ago working AAA, ROH, and Lucha Underground.

Now he is either going to be fed to Cena or this stupid Mex-America thing is going to kill him.

bjork

Nooo, it was a choice between Playboy or being WWF champion. Vince knew if she took that route then they couldn't put the strap on her.

Chyna was never going to be the champ. Ever. I don't care what some writer said or what Chyna said. Doing playboy had nothing to do with it.

Sable did playboy too, and if she went "vince, I want to be the champ" he would've had Austin jobbing out. Chyna didn't have Vince fantasizing about her and whatnot.

Can somebody explain to me what the fuck Del Rio is doing?

Getting paid and not having indy promoter drama. Well, not for much longer anyway.

He's playing the ultimate game, the "keep cashing them checks" game, where the only way to win is to continue to play no matter how shitty the material they give you is.

gurudyne

How many people have ever been fired for getting into an argument with Vince about a push?

Probably none, but I can't imagine it doing wonders for your career if that argument doesn't go well. This is a company that regularly kept people on the roster but never put them on TV for some reason. Undercut their marketability, pay and popularity.

klonere

Banned
Asking for a push nowadays means asking for the writers to script you more. Which is not in any performers interest.

Even the New Day are getting stale. They need legit competition

Asking for a push nowadays means asking for the writers to script you more. Which is not in any performers interest.

Even the New Day are getting stale. They need legit competition

YOU SAY OOOOOOO

I SAY SSSSOOOOOO

tumblr_inline_nx7zfud9Cy1twxyfw_500.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
Eddie is without question the greatest wrestler of all time. The perfect hybrid of technical ability, high-flying, and charisma. It's a shame we never got to see him vs HBK at WrestleMania 21.

Oh boy, we're two years away from thinkpieces about Benoit.

That's the shame from WrestleMania XX: Eddie is forever linked to Benoit in my head, no matter how many Photoshops of the WrestleMania XX photo that replaced Benoit with a blank space.

(And yes, before anyone jumps to this conclusion because I didn't explicitly state it, it's also a shame that Benoit murdered his family and killed himself.)

klonere

Banned
blackman doesn't smile, but bjork does on rare occasion.

Nothing is really *good* right now, but those two things I mentioned above are serving as good distractions from other things.

do you have a real deep seated bitterness about life or am i reading way too much into this

Barrage

Hmm..so after watching the first RAW of 1998..

-Every single match would be the worst match on RAW today, other than Owen Har carrying Savio Vega to a mediocre Superstars match.

- For those hailing the return of the unscripted promos, everyone other than Austin was horrible. That includes Micheals, HHH, and Owen Hart. Luckily they still have plenty of managers who can talk, and Paul Bearer, Cornette, and the Jackal all do good jobs. Later in the year the mic work gets much better.

-2015 Rollins was a MUCH better interview than 1998 Shawn Micheals.

-Blackface. Ugh.

Buuut...

- Every single match built a feud or character. They lay out most of the show at the start. It builds throughout the show organically, unlike now where theres a peak at the end of the second hour and then the shows momentum resets. Noone is really hurt by losing, theyre very good at protecting their thin-ass roster.

Most of all, it makes you wanna know what happens next week.

So there ya go. Itll be interesting going to current day RAW on Monday (which I apparently enjoy more than most of you).

Top Bottom