• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Colocho

Banned
I'm no Cesaro mark, but you'd have to be blind not to see the guy is amazing in the ring to the point where even Reigns had a damn good match with him.

Also, anyone notice they're calling it the "WWE World Championship" without the Heavyweight part?
Kalisto as champ confirmed.

Wow... you were actually invested in the outcome of that match? Dude, do you even know what product you're watching?

The wants and desired of the WWE's audience don't matter. They've never mattered. They keep watching anyhow. All that matters are the wants and desires of the WWE's advertisers, their stockholders and, above all else, Vincent Kennedy McMahon.
Nah, I'm not invested in any way, and I knew Roman would win, and he's beating Del Rio on Sunday, and Ambrose, and winning the title.

It's just so stupid though, this year it's SHOWING that the audience isn't continuing to watch. Ratings are bombing, PPV buys are at an all time low because of the WWE network, even the Network numbers are pathetic, yet WWE just keeps continuing their ass-backward ways.

Does Vince WANT to see his franchise continue to fail and his Profits to continue to fall? I don't get it.

dakun

they are going to follow that match with the fucking Ascension and the Dudleys?

not having Reigns vs. Cesaro as the Main Event was a mistake.

UberTag

I watched the Lions game yesterday, and thought they had a 1% chance of winning.
And, amazingly enough, the Lions actually found a way to win.
That's the difference between the NFL and the WWE in a nutshell.
Sometimes the unthinkable happens.
The Packers lose to the Lions. Ronda Rousey loses to Holly Holm.
And people talk about these surprises the next day.

Yes, because Reigns is just full of charisma

He's got WAY more charisma than Cesaro, dude.

Edit: You don't have to want him as champion, but when people can't even set their own bullshit aside and acknowledge when someone does their craft well, like Roman did in that match and does on a regular basis, they deserve to be corrected.

I feel like I haven't seen Rusev in a while, I don't know if he actually hasn't shown up or I just didn't see cause I mostly leave Raw on in the background.

justjim89

It's just sad. Roman is a talented guy and is marketable as hell, don't get me wrong. The guy pulled an incredible match out of The Big Show this year, for God's sake, but it's heartbreaking to watch Cesaro. He's so naturally talented and quietly charismatic. He's constantly reworking his arsenal and coming up with unique counters and sequences. You can tell how much he appreciates the art of wrestling.

And for what?

UberTag

Does Roman even deserve a title at all? I figured he did at one point but thought he wasn't ready, but now idk anymore.
Whether he deserves one or not doesn't matter. It has already been decided that he will get one.
Hence one should hope that he gets it now as opposed to having to wait until WrestleMania for the inevitable title reign to begin.

EDIT: What the hell is up with Renee's hair tonight?

JTripper

I love how even the Dudleyz can't bring people to discuss a match involving the Ascension. They're so awful. (The Ascension, not the Dudleyz)

kirblar

I'm no Cesaro mark, but you'd have to be blind not to see the guy is amazing in the ring to the point where even Reigns had a damn good match with him.

Also, anyone notice they're calling it the "WWE World Championship" without the Heavyweight part?
Kalisto as champ confirmed.
I actually like that change. Just drop the World while you're at it.

Mizerman

Whether he deserves one or not doesn't matter. It has already been decided that he will get one.
Hence one should hope that he gets it now as opposed to having to wait until WrestleMania for the inevitable title reign to begin.

EDIT: What the hell is up with Renee's hair tonight?

Eh. They might as well get out of the way and give Reigns the title.

It's just sad. Roman is a talented guy and is marketable as hell, don't get me wrong. The guy pulled an incredible match out of The Big Show this year, for God's sake, but it's heartbreaking to watch Cesaro. He's so naturally talented and quietly charismatic. He's constantly reworking his arsenal and coming up with unique counters and sequences. You can tell how much he appreciates the art of wrestling.

And for what?

to make a good payday putting on 10-20 minute matches on national television every week with a reliable job of making the company money by having great matches with big or potentially big moneymakers.

Fox318

Can somebody explain why HHH wants the champ under his finger so much?

I mean with Vince it was always to get back at Austin.

That because he has like 2000% more camera time that Cesaro had, and will have in his career. And what personality all he does is just recap shit ?
Cesaro had PLENTY of camera time when he was US Champ. Mic time too. And all that he was able to showcase was that he had was strong. He's also shown that he's Lesnar-tier on the mic.

And for what?

Wrestling and "movez" don't matter, and have not mattered, in the WWE for quite some time. Telling a story in-ring, having personality, and connecting with the crowd are all more important. Cesaro only has 1/3 of that.

Barrage

If you think that match was carried by Cesaro and reigns had nothing to do with its quality, youre a biased mark whos more of a sucker than the 8 year olds in the front row with Cena shirts.

Reigns' pop ANNIHLATES Cesaro's. At every house show. Its not close. To imply Cesaro is more over is to imply your concussion has gone too far to rehabilitate

Long live Reigns.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Cesaro had PLENTY of camera time when he was US Champ. Mic time too. And all that he was able to showcase was that he had was strong. He's also shown that he's Lesnar-tier on the mic.

Wrestling and "movez" don't matter, and have not mattered, in the WWE for quite some time. Telling a story in-ring, having personality, and connecting with the crowd are all more important. Cesaro only has 1/3 of that.

Roman also has 1/3 of that.

Fox318

If you think that match was carried by Cesaro and reigns had nothing to do with its quality, youre a biased mark whos more of a sucker than the 8 year olds in the front row with Cena shirts.

Reigns' pop ANNIHLATES Cesaro's. At every house show. Its not close. To imply Cesaro is more over is to imply your concussion has gone too far to rehabilitate

Long live Reigns.

House shows are targets audience for young kids and families for cheaper tickets and more local shows.

You could have heath slater main event as the babyface and they would still cheer.

Heroman

Banned

Long live Reigns.
If house show matter than bootisa would have been champ at wm30

Also
Why is the diva contract signing the main event?

House shows are targets audience for young kids and families for cheaper tickets and more local shows.

You could have heath slater main event as the babyface and they would still cheer.
Bless your heart.

Y'all should be less upset with Cesaro losing and more upset with Dean's terrible ass winning.

Long live Reigns.
The two house shows I went to reigns was the main event both shows and got the biggest pops next to Bo Dallas and Daniel Bryan

Can somebody explain why HHH wants the champ under his finger so much?

I mean with Vince it was always to get back at Austin.

that Wrestling isn't Wrestling video actually went into that. HHH is just so insecure and constantly obsessed with that title and the validiation it brings that if he can't have it himself then he'll just control the guy that has it.

Top Bottom