• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nashvember Wrasslin' |OT| Big Daddy Cool's Big Sexy Diesel-Powered Month

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Zach

October 2015's shame:

Total posts: 18,857

Top 10:
Jimmy King: 775
Vince McMahon, 717
Data West: 672
slightconfuse: 651
avengers23: 592
DMzcaf: 584
imbask, the World's Wrongest Man: 584
bjork: 562
Fox318: 559
BronsonLee: 502

Ain't no shame for #11.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
21719%20-%20Kevin_Owens%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20botch%20cesaro%20charles_robinson%20gif%20kevin_steen%20referee%20sheamus%20wwe.gif

Fox318

They booked Kurt Angle as a straight babyface and people booed him because that type of face wasn't popular at the time. Difference was when the had competition they had to make use of the talent they had so then they booked him as a heel and he got over.

Reigns is designed to be the next John Cena. A performer they can take to board meetings and bring to corporate partners that won't embarrass them if they decide to partner up with the WWE.

As long as Roman Reigns is featured in corporate partnership marketing material he will never turn.

bjork

How long can I start posts with

As a wrestling novice

Have you ever laced up a pair of boots, son?

They booked Kurt Angle as a straight babyface and people booed him because that type of face wasn't popular at the time. Difference was when the had competition they had to make use of the talent they had so then they booked him as a heel and he got over.

Reigns is designed to be the next John Cena. A performer they can take to board meetings and bring to corporate partners that won't embarrass them if they decide to partner up with the WWE.

As long as Roman Reigns is featured in corporate partnership marketing material he will never turn.

Their main authority figures are heels on the show but go do stuff for positive PR off the air. If the money was in turning him, it would happen (theoretically)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Strange that the only wrestler we dedicate a month to is one who's so appallingly mediocre :p

Should've been Terry Funkvember.

Plywood posited the GOOD point, a really good point, that if we give the scrubs Nashvember, we'll never have to do it again. Ever.

I figured he's right. Enjoy it while it's here. Nash ain't shit.

I make an OT two days early and every motherfucker wants to ride my dick about it. Sunny makes an OT two days early and everyone just hops up on the bandwagon.

Carny fucks.

I never had an issue. It's not my fault.

You ain't Sunny, brah!

This means nothing, I am just a wrasslegaf poster like all the boys in the back here

But Vinnie Mac can do no wrong, it seems

Wrong, I'm just a dude posting in a nerd forum

Fox318

koBHCIp.gif

Their main authority figures are heels on the show but go do stuff for positive PR off the air. If the money was in turning him, it would happen (theoretically)
They have the McMahon exception in that management doesn't really care how they appear on tv as long as they look like they are important. None of the talent can be that way. I mean they may send Seth to do some PR but he isn't a focus for a media campaign like PG Cena and survey group approved Roman Reigns.

If this Roman came out today he would be twice as over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pbS7iCMxn0

Reigns doesn't have the kind of charisma it takes to do what Cena does.

Boo Dallas on the other hand? This week's Smackdown was a star-making performance for him and I think we've only just seen the beginning.

Cagey

Banned
Reigns doesn't have the kind of charisma it takes to do what Cena does.

Boo Dallas on the other hand? This week's Smackdown was a star-making performance for him and I think we've only just seen the beginning.

99.9% of wrestlers lack the charisma, work ethic, and on-the-fly speaking ability it takes to do what Cena does. And that's a shoot.

I'm easy to please.

I say this because I'm actually enjoying WWE 2k16. I bought the accelerator and treating this as some toybox for all my wrassling figures.

Imagination's a strong thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
99.9% of wrestlers lack the charisma, work ethic, and on-the-fly speaking ability it takes to do what Cena does. And that's a shoot.

Yup. Cena is amazing. And he can turn ANY crowd.

bjork

They have the McMahon exception in that management doesn't really care how they appear on tv as long as they look like they are important. None of the talent can be that way. I mean they may send Seth to do some PR but he isn't a focus for a media campaign like PG Cena and survey group approved Roman Reigns.

If this Roman came out today he would be twice as over.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pbS7iCMxn0[/url][/QUOTE]

If Roman's value was higher as a heel, in terms of ticket/shirt/network sales, they would do it and put someone else in the promotional spot. Your champ doesn't have the be the media darling, because championship status isn't permanent, and you have guys like Miz who know how to hug babies and do all that smiley PR stuff. I think that applies to anyone on the roster.

Also, if that Roman came out today people would lol to death and shit all over it.

Fox318

ehh I disagree. I think Cena'a biggest asset is that he knows how to work management and he has the trust of Vince because of his muscles and his work ethic with not taking days off.

I bet Cena for those US open challenge had no script and the matches were planned by him and the talent he was trying to make look good.

Everyone else is scripted to a tee where as Cena can call out the girl with cancer in the front row like in his feud with Owens.

jmdajr

Austin has told this story about how he fucking falls over the ring at Summerslam 1999 and gets stuck on the rope, pleading for Jesse to help him.

mick_zpsskl02nxa.gif

Look at his foot on the upper left corner.

but..

mick2_zpsuhhleiha.gif

Good guy HHH to the rescue!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Plywood posited the GOOD point, a really good point, that if we give the scrubs Nashvember, we'll never have to do it again. Ever.

I figured he's right. Enjoy it while it's here. Nash ain't shit.

Boss must really be going senile as this is the second OFFICIAL Nashvember and the fourth overall.

bjork

Maybe they should push the guy who comes close to Cena

DeanAmbrose.jpg

They lost me forever with him when he had a hot dog cart or some shit and they were all "he's the modern day Roddy Piper!" Piper wasn't fucking with no hotdogs, he was laying fuckers out with coconuts and bodyslamming boxers.

ehh I disagree. I think Cena'a biggest asset is that he knows how to work management and he has the trust of Vince because of his muscles and his work ethic with not taking days off.

I bet Cena for those US open challenge had no script and the matches were planned by him and the talent he was trying to make look good.

Everyone else is scripted to a tee where as Cena can call out the girl with cancer in the front row like in his feud with Owens.
BHBQttw.gif

Verendus

Banned
Friends, pls.

Reigns is fine as a face. More importantly, I expect Cena to finally turn heel when Reigns gets that position on the throne. We'll finally see a different side to Cena. For about six weeks before he turns face again. But anything to keep Roman looking like the best thing since The Rock is fine by me.

Because... I...

Balee.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dives to the outside are one of the most overused things in all branches of pro wrestling a the moment. So it takes a lot to stand out. I think these three are the absolute best looking/smoothest.

Fenix's Tornillo
58CD0J9.gif

Cuerno/Fantasma's Sucidie Dive
SmizucY.gif

tumblr_nmnc6jxXnR1snhdpvo2_r1_500.gif

La Sombra's Tope Con Hilo
KJgQaX9.gif

Not sure if its been posted (although I'm sure Bootaay did last topic) but Nakamura has said on a radio show that if he beats Anderson at Power Struggle, he's issuing an open challenge for the IC belt at WK10. While rumors are he's facing AJ it still hasn't been confirmed, but I really can't see anyone else getting the shot, plus with Tanahashi/Okada again being the main event NJPW will need a real high-profile bout as the semi-main for the IC belt in order to fill the Tokyo Dome.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
you realize the entire roster does the charity stuff except Rollins and Owens

Ospreay's springboard SSP is smooth as fuck, probably the best I've seen since Ricochet stopped doing it.

Also, I still say AJ/Nak is too big of a match to give away unadvertised as an open challenge - wouldn't be surprised if it was Shiozaki who challenges him. Go talked about his history with Okada and going after "the IWGP" but wouldn't be led on which IWGP belt he was talking about.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've spent a lot of time thinking about it and only Nashtober, Nashvember, and Nashcember sound right. The ary months are right out, as are the spring and summer months. Just don't sound right.

bjork

Don't get me wrong. Cena is a talented main event wrestling talent that can win over every crowd. I just think that more guys could do that if they were given the chance.

Sandow got that stunt double gimmick over that most guys couldn't.

You get a chance to win over the crowd every chance you go out there. Some guys have it and some guys don't. I don't think Sandow is bad at playing to a crowd, but I don't think he's on the level of Cena at controlling one.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about it and only Nashtober, Nashvember, and Nashcember sound right. The ary months are right out, as are the spring and summer months. Just don't sound right.

Nashune and Nashuly are my favorite months of the year. They sound like Phantasy Star spells.

Top Bottom