• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

natsume bringing "uo" to the US

WarPig

I would go so far as to call it truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly.

It's worth noting, of course, that anything announced for American release by Natsume still has only a fifty-fifty chance of actually hitting shelves. We're still waiting on Chulip. And "i am small." And did Metropolismania ever come out? I forget, honestly.

DFS.

FoneBone

Finny the fucking Fish? God, that's lame. From what I read about it a while back, though, the game sounded kind of interesting -- but is it actually any good? Also, isn't it developed by Sega?

WarPig

FoneBone said:
Finny the fucking Fish? God, that's lame. From what I read about it a while back, though, the game sounded kind of interesting -- but is it actually any good? Also, isn't it developed by Sega?

Shit, you're right. It was developed by...fuck, I forget which studio now. I think Sega Wow. Yeah, it was Sega Wow, because it was the studio that also did Sega Bass Fishing.

DFS.

jarrod

Banned
WarPig said:
I would go so far as to call it truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly.

It's worth noting, of course, that anything announced for American release by Natsume still has only a fifty-fifty chance of actually hitting shelves. We're still waiting on Chulip. And "i am small." And did Metropolismania ever come out? I forget, honestly.

DFS.
No shit... still waiting on Wizardry GBA over here. :/

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Yes, Sega Wow. Tried the Japanese demo that was included in this month's OPM. Sega Wow splash screen at the start. Couldn't make heads or tails of what I was doing, though, since the tutorial was all vocalized in Japanese.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
FoneBone said:
Yes, although it was barely released here.

We got a metric fuckton of them at my TRU if you really want some copies.

WarPig

jarrod said:
No shit... still waiting on Wizardry GBA over here. :/

Agetec was another prime offender for a little while. Didja know they were trying to bring over Tetsu One Densha De Battle at one point?

DFS.

FoneBone said:

I played it for about an hour, and it actually seemed quite good. Wriggling away from fishing hooks and devouring other fish was pretty fun for whatever that's worth, but I couldn't really figure out what else to do. I stopped when the language barrier became too much to bear, thinking that was the last I'd see of it.

Can't wait to check out "Finny"!

Andy787

Banned
I was going to say, I would be really dissapointed if Chulip doesn't make it.

Anyway, this is fantastic news, I'm always up for a good fish adventure.

FoneBone

Link316 said:
what you talking about? TRU has lots of them and they were selling them for $7.90 a few weeks ago
Well, I guess "barely released" might have been an exaggeration... I thought that the other big chains (EB/Gamestop) didn't get it, which I'm not sure about. But regardless, they released it very quietly, and I don't think it ever got much attention.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Wowsers. I've just been ploughing through this for the past six hours.

WarPig said:
I think Sega Wow. Yeah, it was Sega Wow, because it was the studio that also did Sega Bass Fishing.

It's like their karmic repentance for Bass Fishing, yeah.

Between Uo and Dororo they get my vote for best (posthumous, I guess) Sega developer.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
*perks up*

Did someone say Wizardry GBA? I emailed Natsume a few months ago asking about it. Still awaiting a reply. :(

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Metropolismania is like a more Japanese version of SimCity, where you need to go around to people's houses and personally meet with them, to fix their problems.. then they bring new people into town. Everything has a chibi look to it, you can also walk around and jump on houses and stuff. It's a pretty strange game, apparently it gets really annoying when your city gets big and you have to talk to a whole bunch of people before doing anything. My g/f is the only one I know who has this game, she thinks it's pretty cool.

FoneBone

WarPig said:
Agetec was another prime offender for a little while. Didja know they were trying to bring over Tetsu One Densha De Battle at one point?
*googles*
A game where you race trains? God, that's weird. Still less bizarre than Chulip, though.

Top Bottom