• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Natural Born Penalty Killers (NHL 13 EASHL)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
r5qRt.gif

SS1lS.gif

Amazing OP, amazing gifs, amazing pictures. Well done Marvie & Viz, you guys out did yourselves. The Milly picture alone is incredible, and Moop will probably want to buy that 7 hole shirt now....Can't wait to get this season started up and kick some ass.

s6rsf.gif

Those are the two greatest OPs I have ever seen, Marvie---you totally forgot a key highlight of the Dyacks club though: The first, and probably only attempt at the Flying V in the history of the club.

And I apologize again for damaging everybody's ears for those 2 months with the shitty smoke detector. I love how it took 2 months before someone said "Has anybody been hearing this fucking weird beeping noise for a while? It only happens when we play with pheeniks"

that was the greatest game the Dyacks have played :lol

I just heard about our upset opponent...

It's just cause they can't do the Flying V! :lol

7-0 win for the Mighty Dyacks!

Just heard about what? What did our opponents do?

The flying V was by far the funniest moment of this league for me. :lol And the entire team laying down right after the faceoff. I had tears in my eyes.

I was told that one of our guys got a message from the opponent saying we are basically h4x0r and that we should be kicked out. I assume they felt that laying down permanently in front of the net was cheesing..even though they scored when we did that :lol

Also, we need to get a real flying V. that was some ugly shit.

good times. and what did FightyF get permed for?

and remember when :lol actually meant something? :(

Delryk

This game already made me exchange my new tv.. Yes talking nhl13.. the white on the ice was actually grey --- everything else looked amazing. Thank god for playing hockey.

Feels a bit weird but just gotta get used to it.

Def men seemed even worse than 12 though. I keep seeing them trying D to D passes inside the zone and one of them always fucks up his pass and turns it over. Lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So uh I guess the only position left if Cakeboss signs up for a forward tryout is D? If so, I'll sign up for a D tryout. Timezone stole my forwars tryout spot! :(

Jersey Nr: 7
Name: Smiley90
Position: LD/RD
Misc: I'm better than Cakeboss. At least at drinking. Not like that's hard or anything.

Smiley90

We could use NHL 12 for tryouts for the next 2 weeksinstead of screwing aroubd with the club record in 13.

I don't have NHL 12. Also, using old gameplay mechanics to see how good you are at a new game is problematic. Esp skating/momentum/positioning/poke checking is a lot different. Should be done with the actual game that is played.

Smiley and Cake Boss can both tryout for the open forward spot

No guarantees, but if both of you guys manage to do enough to warrant consideration the better man will get the forward spot. You may also have more competition to deal with.

Cake Boss

Banned
We could alsk create a 2nd club for GAF if there are many people looking for tryouts.

I usually can carry a club, so I wouldnt mind having a Smiley on my team.

RS4-

Gdlk OP.

Have to smash people into the boards and take bullshit elbowing and crosschecking penalties at the worst moments

Marvie_3

Banned
Those are the two greatest OPs I have ever seen, Marvie---you totally forgot a key highlight of the Dyacks club though: The first, and probably only attempt at the Flying V in the history of the club.

And I apologize again for damaging everybody's ears for those 2 months with the shitty smoke detector. I love how it took 2 months before someone said "Has anybody been hearing this fucking weird beeping noise for a while? It only happens when we play with pheeniks"

good times. and what did FightyF get permed for?

and remember when :lol actually meant something? :(
Can't believe I forgot the Flying V. Will add that in there in a bit. :lol

The smoke detector was brutal. That high pitched beeping was only made worse by the shitty xbox headsets. :lol

Not sure what FightyF got banned for.

Edit: Looks like he got the axe in some thread about Somalia.

So uh I guess the only position left if Cakeboss signs up for a forward tryout is D? If so, I'll sign up for a D tryout. Timezone stole my forwars tryout spot! :(

Misc: I'm better than Cakeboss. At least at drinking. Not like that's hard or anything.
#7 is taken already.

Fuck you Marvie.
Fuck you to the core.
Hi LB

Smiley90

Can't believe I forgot the Flying V. Will add that in there in a bit. :lol

The smoke detector was brutal. That high pitched beeping was only made worse by the shitty xbox headsets. :lol

Not sure what FightyF got banned for.

Edit: Looks like he got the axe in some thread about Somalia.

#7 is taken already.

Hi LB

Argh. I'll take 8 then. My lucky number taken tz.

Also, I rather be 4th D than be 7th F.... At least for tryouts. Depending on what's needed any given night i could fill other positions, right? Say there's 2 F's, 2 D's and me online i can just play 3rd F?

Red_Man

Also, I rather be 4th D than be 7th F.... At least for tryouts. Depending on what's needed any given night i could fill other positions, right? Say there's 2 F's, 2 D's and me online i can just play 3rd F?
That #7 belongs to our Shea Weber peon, respect the Old Man.

Marvie_3

Banned

We do that once in awhile but just stick to D for now.

That #7 belongs to our Shea Weber peon, respect the Old Man.

Viz would have to be able to score from the point to be called Shea Weber. He's more like Brian Campbell except he's not an ugly ginger.

Smiley90

We do that once in awhile but just stick to D for now.

I will, I will. Unless Cakeboss fails miserably in tryouts. (or I fail miserably at D, gotta polish those BAP skills on that position, not my natural. )

Red_Man

I will, I will. Unless Cakeboss fails miserably in tryouts. (or I fail miserably at D, gotta polish those BAP skills on that position, not my natural. )
I started as D last year, played for about 3 months and then moved up to F once I got enough experience. Our D guys are pretty good to learn from and to help you out.

Smiley and Cake Boss can both tryout for the open forward spot

No guarantees, but if both of you guys manage to do enough to warrant consideration the better man will get the forward spot. You may also have more competition to deal with.

I want the forward spot, so it's mine. At what point was I retired? NHL 12 was a shit game. But the only games I played in we won a championship. Eat a dick Marvie, you pasty piece of shit.

I kid because I love. After all the laughs and love we shared. AND AFTER I CANCELLED GW2 TO PICK UP 13! I EVEN DOWNLOADED THE DEMO!

you trying to take my jersey number, son?

strike 1, don't even bother trying out now
j/k

I want the forward spot, so it's mine. At what point was I retired? NHL 12 was a shit game. But the only games I played in we won a championship. Eat a dick Marvie, you pasty piece of shit.

I kid because I love. After all the laughs and love we shared. AND AFTER I CANCELLED GW2 TO PICK UP 13! I EVEN DOWNLOADED THE DEMO!

sounds like a plan, it was all Marv's idea as I'm sure you already know

You and I have an unbreakable bond, we are Battlefield 3 Buddies. Don't ever forget all those times Marv wasn't there all those times when you me, Noz were capping flags this year. Remember who's got your back in a battle!

Marvie_3

Banned
you trying to take my jersey number, son?

strike 1, don't even bother trying out now
j/k

You and I have an unbreakable bond, we are Battlefield 3 Buddies. Don't ever forget all those times Marv wasn't there all those times when you me, Noz were capping flags this year. Remember who's got your back in a battle!

:lol No it wasn't.

Seriously, if I get back in the roster, I'll be knocking in goals like I'm nerfing frag rounds.
Unfortunately, that means I'll be utterly ineffective.

Marvie and I used to be friends. Then I unspooled his Depeche Mode cassettes after he poured out all of my Guido-Tan Ultra bottles. Now we are bitter enemies. =|

:lol No it wasn't.
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS DON'T WANT ME AROUND FOR THE 7-12 GAMES I'M GOOD FOR!!!

Marvie_3

Banned
Seriously, if I get back in the roster, I'll be knocking in goals like I'm nerfing frag rounds.
Unfortunately, that means I'll be utterly ineffective.

Marvie and I used to be friends. Then I unspooled his Depeche Mode cassettes after he poured out all of my Guido-Tan Ultra bottles. Now we are bitter enemies. =|

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS DON'T WANT ME AROUND FOR THE 7-12 GAMES I'M GOOD FOR!!!
I'll never forgive you for that. I had just bought that copy of Violator too.

Delryk

I'm on vacation Sept 7th to 16th.. this'll be so fun... and of course, early season pass FTW.

My wife won't exist for that week. (she, forutunately, will be working) :D

RS4-

No matter how bad 13 turns out, I'm going to stick with it. Last year was just so painful, had to get rid of it halfway through the season.

Marvie_3

Banned
No matter how bad 13 turns out, I'm going to stick with it. Last year was just so painful, had to get rid of it halfway through the season.
There's no way 13 can be as bad as 12. The skating, puck control nerf, and better goalies should take care of a good chunk of the garbage from 12. It's only a matter of time until new exploits are found though.

Cake Boss

Banned
- EASHL stats will be moved over from NHL 12 to 13. You'll be able to view the stats you had in NHL 12.

- Depending on your rank in NHL 12, you get a head start on achieving Legend status. Legends/Superstars start at Amateur 3, Veterans/Pros at Amateur 2 and Rookie/Amateur at Amateur 1

- The more pucks and card collections you had in HUT in NHL 12 means the more pucks EA has decided to start you off with in NHL 13.

Stolen from HF.

Top Bottom