• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Jarate

Banned
Do I trust Bryan Colangelo to not fuck that up tho. That's the real issue. Dude couldn't find a way to win with Chris Bosh, HOF PF on his team. I don't know if I can

Sixers have $46.4 million on the books with a $102 million cap next year, so apparently we can't resign Noel ever

Fjordson

Just saw this on twitter. dead.

C5Xtr9dVcAAxI5I.jpg

ACE 1991

Do I trust Bryan Colangelo to not fuck that up tho. That's the real issue. Dude couldn't find a way to win with Chris Bosh, HOF PF on his team. I don't know if I can

Sixers have $46.4 million on the books with a $102 million cap next year, so apparently we can't resign Noel ever

Honestly "The Process" is more contingent on the health Joel Embiid more than any other single piece.

Fjordson

Yeah, Bogut comes off as an alt-right weirdo sometimes on twitter. I remember people talking about it during that whole PizzaGate shit. He follows Breitbart, infowars, etc. on twitter.

Tom Penny

1. Celtics still can't protect the paint and rebound
2. How do you trade a top pick without him committing to an extension. That would be idiotic.

Slizeezyc

I know I don't trust him.

Bread

Banned
1. Celtics still can't protect the paint and rebound
2. How do you trade a top pick without him committing to an extension. That would be idiotic.
Yeah it's a tough call, but you'd think having him spend a season and a half in Boston should be enough to convince him to stay.

Jarate

Banned
What im wondering is how the fuck the Celtics didnt trade for Nerlens if the asking price was 2 2nd rounders, and Justin Anderson.

Bread

Banned
What im wondering is how the fuck the Celtics didnt trade for Nerlens if the asking price was 2 2nd rounders, and Justin Anderson.
Trading a 1st for a rental is tough, so you'd have to commit to re-signing him. He's going to make a lot of money this offseason.

gutshot

Trading a 1st for a rental is tough, so you'd have to commit to re-signing him. He's going to make a lot of money this offseason.

Right, which is why if the Sixers were deadset on moving him waiting to execute a sign-and-trade would have been the best move. Dealing him now was basically trading him when his value was as low as it was going to get.

Bread

Banned
[Ortiz] Sources: Pacers asking for 3 of 4 from group of Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart, and Jaylen Brown + 2017 Nets pick for Paul George.

yeahhhhhhhhh no thanks

[Ortiz] Sources: Pacers asking for 3 of 4 from group of Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart, and Jaylen Brown + 2017 Nets pick for Paul George.

yeahhhhhhhhh no thanks

Protect the pick for like the top spot or change it to 2018 and yeah I'd do that like crazy.

Servbot24

Banned

yeahhhhhhhhh no thanks

pacers don't need pieces, we need a second star. this trade seems bad for both teams.

spyder_ur

no hit. He is EXACTLY what they needed. They have 2 firsts and 3 2nd round picks this year. WTF Danny....

Couple reasons:

1) He's a RFA this summer, so if he doesn't fit in your immediate and long-term plans, what is the point?
2) I doubt that 2 2nd rounders would've been the price from the Celtics, considering they turned down more than that this past summer, and he'd be traded within the division. You can't just make apples to apples comparisons between teams - it's not how trades work.

I agree he would've been a nice fit in a lot of ways.

Gigglepoo

Marc SteinVerified account‏@ESPNSteinLine 4m4 minutes ago

Denver today made a "monster" offer to Indiana for Paul George, league sources tell @ChrisBHaynes and me, but the talks gained no traction.

I wonder what the offer was.

Jarate

Banned
Mavs stole Nerlens Noel. They get control to resign a guy who can fill in that Tyson Chandler role in Carlisle's system.

😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰

Bread

Banned
Shockingly, you'd have to give up something of value to get one of the league's best players.
Lol please, I'm not saying we shouldn't give up anything to get George. Giving up 3 cost controlled quality young players PLUS the Nets pick is insanity and you know it.

Cornbread78

Danny would be getting screwed over if he traded 4 valuable pieces for a guy who might leave after next year.

I'm not saying that the proposed trade was good at all, I'm just saying Danny's reputation around the NBA with other executives still stands true that unless Danny is 100% getting the better deal out of it, he will not pull the trigger on trades.

Gigglepoo

Lol please, I'm not saying we shouldn't give up anything to get George. Giving up 3 cost controlled quality young players PLUS the Nets pick is insanity and you know it.

Not really. I don't think I'd pull the trigger on that trade unless there's someone as good as, say, John Wall in the draft. (I don't watch college ball so I have no clue how good those kids are).

Remember, Myles Turner might be really good. He and George could be a great core moving forward. Pacers wouldn't move away from that for nothing.

Top Bottom