• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

J2 Cool

I say sit Kawhi the rest of the series. Why risk his career, down 0-2 to the fucking Warriors? NBA can be mad all they want, do something about what Zaza did.

is there a chance of Kawhi even returning for game 3? might not be worth the risk to his long-term career fucking with that ankle again.

this shit is abysmal btw.

At least Simmons has consistently showed up. Leonard, Simmons, Anderson and Murray should be the building blocks for the future. Loved what I've seen from them.

They conceded the game before tip. It's the rational thing to do in this situation.

Kawhi is gone and the Warrriors are historically good and at home. Cut them some slack.

I didn't expect them to win. I just want them to play some good solid defense and show some pride. At least make them work for their points. But we are leaving men wide open at the three and giving up so many turnovers.

I have to give credit to GS though. They aren't going easy on us and are playing good D.

Champagne

Banned
People acting so surprised at the score...

Do ya'll realize Golden State has 4 all-stars in their starting lineup?

And that without Kawhi the Spurs have 0 all-stars?

It's like letting a bench unit play against one of the all-star teams and then acting surprised when the bench unit gets blown the fuck out.

h1nch

At least Simmons has consistently showed up. Leonard, Simmons, Anderson and Murray should be the building blocks for the future. Loved what I've seen from them.

I was previously high on Anderson but not really now. He's a good passer and a high IQ player, but I don't ever see him becoming a reliable offensive player. His physical limitations are too much. Simmons is going to be a great contributor to some other team that will steal him from the Spurs.

Dejounte has a chance to be special.

I'm still not sold on Anderson, but I am reversing on Simmons. Dude is solid.
He had a stretch where he was sort of in the doghouse, because he's not entirely a sours type player, often dunks, and can apparently sometimes take the wrong shot. But between how he opened the season, has been dunking all year long, and his playoff performance, he screams being a player the Spurs lose this off-season. Sorry guys...

Love Murray though.

Champagne

Banned
Sitting Kawhi makes no sense at all if he's fit in game 3 lol.. Dude has a sprained ankle with no serious damage. I expect him to play in game 3 (I hope he does as well)
It makes no sense to play him either honestly.

Series is over. Why risk some more fuck shit happening and potentially jeopardizing him more in the long-term?

spyder_ur

Just a reminder than the pick swap that netted the Celts the #1 overall pick was reportedly added late in the KG/Pierce trade in exchange for the Celtics absorbing the contract of Keith Bogans.

Thanks you Keith Bogans.

overcast

It makes no sense to play him either honestly.

Series is over. Why risk some more fuck shit happening and potentially jeopardizing him more in the long-term?
Yeah I don't know it's a tough decision for the Spurs. At the same time if he comes back and they take game 3 they're right back in it. Idk.

Warriors can beat them good even with Kahwai in the lineup

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I love Kawhi but you guys act like he would really give the Spurs a shot at winning this series. That game 1 was Spurs playing near their best and Warriors playing near their worst. Yes, the Spurs had a little to do with it but it was mainly the Warriors killing themselves. Combination of rust and lack of urgency.

mjp2417

Banned
I love Kawhi but you guys act like he would really give the Spurs a shot at winning this series. That game 1 was Spurs playing near their best and Warriors playing near their worst. Yes, the Spurs had a little to do with it but it was mainly the Warriors killing themselves. Combination of rust and lack of urgency.
I don't think anyone expected the Spurs to take the series. But they would have won Game 1, and winning Game 1 on your opponent's home court pretty much ensures a competitive series, which is all most of us want to see. This is just dreadful.

TTG

They will if the Spurs make the finals. Because not even Lebron can help the Spurs with ratings.

I still don't know how that Spurs Detroit finals turned out and I'm not sure it's possible to find out, you just have to take Pop's word for what happened cause no one else saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom