• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy DJ

I love Kawhi but you guys act like he would really give the Spurs a shot at winning this series. That game 1 was Spurs playing near their best and Warriors playing near their worst. Yes, the Spurs had a little to do with it but it was mainly the Warriors killing themselves. Combination of rust and lack of urgency.

The point isn't that the Spurs would win the series. It would be that the series would at least be competitive. Without Kawhi, the 2nd best offensive option is Aldridge. While Aldridge can turn it on, he's cold when he does make his initial shots. When that happens, you get this sort of game. The only guy actually hitting anything is Simmons.

So instead of a series where games can be kept within low double digits, you get huge blowouts because the Spurs will feed the Warrior's transition offense bricked shots.

I love Kawhi but you guys act like he would really give the Spurs a shot at winning this series. That game 1 was Spurs playing near their best and Warriors playing near their worst. Yes, the Spurs had a little to do with it but it was mainly the Warriors killing themselves. Combination of rust and lack of urgency.
I like how you conveniently forget how different the game was before and after Kawaii was gooned.

I don't know, it's just crazy how one guy being out can shift the whole team in 2017. Somebody ought to be able to step up at a moment's notice.

I don't know, it's just crazy how one guy being out can shift the whole team in 2017. Somebody ought to be able to step up at a moment's notice.
Spurs just aren't that type of team anymore. Only person who has been able to provide that spark at times is Simmons, but he can't do everything. It should be LMA, but I'm convinced his game is just too inherently unreliable.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I don't think anyone expected the Spurs to take the series. But they would have won Game 1, and winning Game 1 on your opponent's home court pretty much ensures a competitive series, which is all most of us want to see. This is just dreadful.
Probably but to say with certainty that they would have won is foolish. This team was capable of erasing that 23 point deficit with or without Kawhi. But yes, odds are the Spurs would have held on. Doesn't mean the Warriors don't win in 5 though.

mjp2417

Banned

Kawhi isn't quite LeBron, but if Zaza were to goon LeBron in the Finals this would also be the result. The Warriors are a historically loaded team.

Nafai1123

Banned
I like how you conveniently forget how different the game was before and after Kawaii was gooned.

Kawhi played in the regular season game where the Warriors were down 20 after the first qtr and came back to win it...

In SA...

Without Durant...

Look, I want Kawhi back. I want this series to be competitive...but let's not pretend the 1st half of game 1 was indicative of what the series would be. Houston/SAS game 1 was a blowout and it didn't mean jack.

It's pretty pathetic that Manu has to compete so hard at his age when there's a whole team of young capable guys on the team just straight up choking.

overcast

Probably but to say with certainty that they would have won is foolish. This team was capable of erasing that 23 point deficit with or without Kawhi. But yes, odds are the Spurs would have held on. Doesn't mean the Warriors don't win in 5 though.
What? You think the Spurs after winning game 1 in Oracle would just lose out? No way in hell.

I think the series would absolutely go 7 if that was the case. This team looks like they were toast from the get go tonight. I also think the warriors are playing peerless tonight though.

h1nch

Kawhi isn't quite LeBron, but if Zaza were to goon LeBron in the Finals this would also be the result. The Warriors are a historically loaded team.

I'm sure they will try to goon LeBron (they tried last year) but that dude is indestructible.

mjp2417

Banned

I mean, the Dubs still barely squeaked that game out. Aldridge could have tied it at the end of regulation with a wide open corner 3. There is no universe in which Kawhi isn't worth over 3 points for a half, particularly since he was clearly the best player on the floor up to that point.

Cornbread78

Odds of Warriors actually going undefeated all the way to the finals is increasing.

*Shocking News*

yvkXlEy.gif

They aren't called the Golden State Frontrunners for no reason...

Kawhi played in the regular season game where the Warriors were down 20 after the first qtr and came back to win it...

In SA...

Without Durant...

Look, I want Kawhi back. I want this series to be competitive...but let's not pretend the 1st half of game 1 was indicative of what the series would be. Houston/SAS game 1 was a blowout and it didn't mean jack.
You forgot back to back. It's important to point out :eek:

Kawhi, pls come back in game 3 :S

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

In SA...

Without Durant...

Was gonna respond but Nafai took the words right outta my mouth.

overcast

Can we not do the Durant analysis again? Him going to the Warriors was perfectly within rules. It's a whack bitch move on his part but he wanted to win and he chose the best option in.. history available to him.

Teams gotta compete. Kahwai going down sucks cause I think everyone respects that dude and the Spurs organization. That being said the Warriors were the favorite for good reason. Just hope this series can be competitive if he's solid to come back.

But if the Cavs don't put up a fight this is purely whack.

We see it differently. I think an alpha is one who can say "No" to an entire population pressuring him to say "Yes".

There was no real universal pressure for him to stay in OKC, lol. I will say, you do have an interesting defense to his crawling to the 73 win 3 all star knocked his ass out of the playoffs that year Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom