• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjp2417

Banned
Including the 1st game (?) where Lillard & McCollum seemed to not miss, but the Warriors didn't either? You don't think the would have got 1 on the Cavs w/ that performance? Assuming the Cav's played like that 1st Pacers game?

The Blazers are a horrific defensive team. Portland scored, what, 109 that game? There is no way the Cavs score less than that in a game during the series unless the 4th quarter is all garbage time.

The Blazers are a horrific defensive team. Portland scored, what, 109 that game? There is no way the Cavs score less than that in a game during the series unless the 4th quarter is all garbage time.

Cavs only had 109 in their first game, and they were missing open looks too.
granted, the Pacers actually contested lots of stuff and played them well for most of the game, so maybe the Cavs would have abused the lack of efficient defense and scored more, but the same could be said for the Blazers as the Warriors put good D on them too, and they just were making everything, heavily contested or not... till the 4th quarter when they just couldn't seem to keep it up, or keep up.
It's not like the Cav's D has really been all that great. it's just that the Raps and Celts couldn't even make open shots.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
LeBron is shooting 67.5% from the charity stripe this year. I am amazed that teams are too dumb to just foul him very hard if their defender is isolated and he doesn't stop to take a jumper. Just blast him and make him earn it from the foul line. Worst case he makes both but it disrupts the flow of their offense and doesn't get their momentum going.

xfactor99

Took this from sam esfandiari (only follow if you're a fellow warriors fan) on twitter; LeBron is killing it this postseason but his FT% is killing his TS%. It's how he ends up having the same TS% as Kawhi and Steph:

DAR6JXeUMAIAKMh.jpg

TuXx

Have 2 teams ever gone 12-0 to the finals? Definitely a strong possibility now.

It really shows how stacked those 2 teams are compared to the rest of the league

At this point, I'm begging for a top 16 playoff system. Aside from Washington vs Boston, this year's playoffs have been completely uneventful.

offtopic

Let's not forget that Klay and Curry haven't exactly been themselves in the finals the last two years.

Depends if they actually decide to call fouls. For some reason, massive bear hug holding off the ball is considered ok while explicitly against the rules. But, yeah, it would be nice for Klay to actually show up at some point. Curry gets a pass last year because he wasn't 100% (and I'd argue he wasn't all the way up until like March this year) but was OK in 2015...he just didn't go supernova. He was their best player and should have been MVP.

jman2050

Kinda sucks that even with Cleveland and Golden State being prohibitive favorites they have the added benefit of all their playoff opponents getting injured.

I think Indiana is the only actual healthy team either of them has faced at all.

Kinda sucks that even with Cleveland and Golden State being prohibitive favorites they have the added benefit of all their playoff opponents getting injured.

I think Indiana is the only actual healthy team either of them has faced at all.

I wish I could have seen a full strength spurs vs the Warriors but the Celtics even with Isiah stood no chance. They need to play so much better defensively to even have a shot and Isiah is awful defensively.

Isiah is also going to get some open looks from 3 but he was never going to get into the paint as much against LeBron and TT.

jman2050

I wish I could have seen a full strength spurs vs the Warriors but the Celtics even with Isiah stood no chance. They need to play so much better defensively to even have a shot and Isiah is awful defensively.

Well yeah but it's just added insult to injury.

Why even play the games now?

offtopic

Well yeah but it's just added insult to injury.

Why even play the games now?

Injuries have massively effected the playoffs for several years now - it has become more a competition of attrition than ability. This also justifies the teams who rest their players throughout the year. If they can start the playoffs fresh they can get through series faster with less chance of injury and even more rest time. There is a big difference between teams playing 4 game series and 6/7 games series.

FZZ

Banned
How LaVar gonna call out the fact Kyrie's mom died

damn

I saw the video earlier in the week on YouTube but didn't catch it

he definitely wasn't saying it to be a dick tho, dude was talking very calm when he said it but knowing the context its still fucked up

more surprised its becoming a headline rn tho because this interview happened on wednesday

megalowho

According to reports Thomas re-aggravated a hip tear from March in game 6 against the Wizards and then again on Friday. Played game 7 and 1 of the ECF hurt. May need surgery in the offseason. Hats off to him, fucking inspiring season from IT this year.

spyder_ur

According to reports Thomas re-aggravated a hip tear from March in game 6 against the Wizards and then again on Friday. Played game 7 and 1 of the ECF hurt. May need surgery in the offseason. Hats off to him, fucking inspiring season from IT this year.

Absolutely. Really special season. I noticed he seemed to have a little less burst these last few games, particularly in the paint, but kind of chalked it up to postseason basketball and improved defense.

LionPride

Banned
damn

I saw the video earlier in the week on YouTube but didn't catch it

he definitely wasn't saying it to be a dick tho, dude was talking very calm when he said it but knowing the context its still fucked up

more surprised its becoming a headline rn tho because this interview happened on wednesday
People were still up about the white woman and shit.

Ambient80

Yeah, I think Danny is going to trade IT. No idea what he can get for him after this series though.

I think it'd be funny if they took Ball in the draft, just to see Lavar get all pissy it wasn't the Lakers.

Probably won't happen but I would laugh nonetheless.

Tom Penny

So how much money did Thomas lose

Not sure yet but all NBA 2nd team is the most he could possibly and will ever achieve. It's just too difficult for a guy like that to impact the game unless he's basically dropping 30 which he pretty much did. He was better at every facet of offense this year. I personally wold draft Fultz and hold on to him at least till deadline. A team acquiring him at deadline would be silly and he cost nothing.

offtopic

We'll just have a junior league in the East and at the end of the season every team there gets a gold star.

Would be a good time to implement relegation into american sports. Take the top 5 teams from the east and put them in the west. Add another 10 non-affiliated D league teams to the east. No rookie draft - just sign the damn players and develop them. Bottom 3 each year in the 'West' move down, top 3 in the 'East' move up. Have some seriously high quality ball by rewarding great management and consolidating talent. Oh yeah, tanking would cease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom