• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrus

I haven't really followed the NBA in years but it seems the east still sucks. It sucked when I was a die hard fan in 06 and it still sucks today. Just eliminate conferences already. Top 16 teams go to playoffs, the others dont. Lebron still gets to cake walk to the finals. Nothing ever changes.

Sanjuro

I haven't really followed the NBA in years but it seems the east still sucks. It sucked when I was a die hard fan in 06 and it still sucks today. Just eliminate conferences already. Top 16 teams go to playoffs, the others dont. It still seems Lebron gets to cake walk to the finals. Nothing ever changes.

The West sucks too. People just like memes.

Also, baseball isn't competitive enough. Time for a salary cap.

J2 Cool

Any chance the Spurs can land Gordon Hayward over the summer? Would be some positional overlap with Kawhi, so have to figure that out, but man that would be a good fit. Give them their Manu of the future. Fits the work ethic and mannerism of Kawhi. Kind of a crazy 1-2 punch with Kawhi, and adds some firepower to the Spurs, who personnel wise definitely trail Cavs and Warriors but almost get there.

Froncourt's still their weakspot, but they would be fun to watch with TP back. Also the Spurs haven't fielded youth on the court since the Trio's heyday

mxgt

Banned
I haven't really followed the NBA in years but it seems the east still sucks. It sucked when I was a die hard fan in 06 and it still sucks today. Just eliminate conferences already. Top 16 teams go to playoffs, the others dont. Lebron still gets to cake walk to the finals. Nothing ever changes.

acting like the west doesn't also suck.

there are literally 3 good teams in the nba, and one is hobbled.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
acting like the west doesn't also suck.

there are literally 3 good teams in the nba, and one is hobbled.

3 great teams, 6 other good teams in the west, maybe 1-2 good team(s) in the east plus a whole lot of dumpster fires

Gorillaz

I can see IT on the knicks actually.

that's besides the point tho

this year's playoffs are trash and the cavs and warriors need to play about 21 match to make up for it imo

man IT actually looked off since game 6 vs the Wiz

you can't even think he just throw the towel given he played through his sister death and without a tooth& fucked up jaw

Tall4Life

man IT actually looked off since game 6 vs the Wiz

you can't even think he just throw the towel given he played through his sister death and without a tooth& fucked up jaw

One thing that the Cavs are doing is that they're intentionally trying not to foul IT. That's how he would go through most of his drives before. But with them, they're more around him so he expects to be fouled and just kind of throws it up, but nothing happens because the big guys in the paint are out of his way. They destroyed his entire offensive strategy.

Yeah definitely not this much effort. Which I mean, is smart. He's basically playing a season long warm up, then unleashes his power in the playoffs. All his career he heard "No one cares about regular season Lebron, GET RINGS LOSER LULULOLOL" and so he's like "K." I mean, the first meeting with the Warriors, I really wonder how that would have gone if Kyrie and Love were healthy. He won two games with basically no one around him lol

That's really a good question... if they have love and Irving we seriously could be seeing them go for their third straight this year.

I was thinking Kawhi would be on today with the four days off. Must have twisted his ankle more than I thought.
Why did they have three days off anyways. Cavs and Boston don't even have a two day off spread

J2 Cool

If Warriors go up 3-0, would Pop even play Kawhi in Game 4?

No. I said this after game 1, start of game 2. As series slides away why would he. Spraining an ankle 3 times in 2 games is no joke. Look up medical stuff about these, recovery period isn't really that short. To be playing full contact basketball, 48min of running on that type of ankle. There's no easy choice there.

Jarmel

Banned
If Warriors go up 3-0, would Pop even play Kawhi in Game 4?

Probably not, no reason to extend the series at that point. Kawhi would have to play 4 games in a row for them to stand a chance. Not to mention there's no guarantee even with Kawhi that they win anyway. Way too much risk.

Why trade IT so early. Why are so many of you hesitant to think a team can simulatenously think short and long term, and that players playing under stars might help them in their development?

Young talented teams like the Timberwolves have struggled to make it past the hump of getting decent, with IT you're already there. Become a super team later, but in the short term those young stars can get valuable playoff experience if they're actually in the playoffs

Mory Dunz

Thompson is the least of Warrior's problems?

Disagree with Mark Jackson. If Thompson goes cold in the finals as it is possible for him to do, their chance of actually losing the series goes way up imo.

Why trade IT so early. Why are so many of you hesitant to think a team can simulatenously think short and long term, and that players playing under stars might help them in their development?

Young talented teams like the Timberwolves have struggled to make it past the hump of getting decent, with IT you're already there. Become a super team later, but in the short term those young stars can get valuable playoff experience if they're actually in the playoffs

I have to agree. Very similar to what the Spurs are doing in fact. They are staying in contention while very slyly doing a soft reboot of the roster for long term success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom