• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxstar

Man, Fuck golden state, this isn't even a series if Kawhi Leonard is in the game, I wish Pop would just fucking ball out and attack everyones fucking knee's in game 4. Fuck them and dirty ass zaza

Oh lets get all the best players on one team, whoops we can't beat a spurs team without their second best player, let's just hurt their best player, so we can coast. Bunch of bitches that can't even win a championship on their own so they have to create a "mega" team. This is why Basketball is so dumb, Imagine if Jordan, Hakeem, Pippen, and Karl Malone were all on the same team.

Instead we have Lebron playing in a fucking B league conference, and the GSW too scared to play anyone so they have to resort to taking out players.

Man, Fuck golden state, this isn't even a series if Kawhi Leonard is in the game, I wish Pop would just fucking ball out and attack everyones fucking knee's in game 4. Fuck them and dirty ass zaza

Oh lets get all the best players on one team, whoops we can't beat a spurs team without their second best player, let's just hurt their best player, so we can coast. Bunch of bitches that can't even win a championship on their own so they have to create a "mega" team. This is why Basketball is so dumb, Imagine if Jordan, Hakeem, Pippen, and Karl Malone were all on the same team.

Instead we have Lebron playing in a fucking B league conference, and the GSW too scared to play anyone so they have to resort to taking out players.
That salt

IT being out means the Celtics get to pick players from teams already eliminated right? Like at least one? Come on NBA, at least make it interesting.

Jimrpg

Yep good one. GSW taking out every team's best players so they can walk to the finals. I can't even be mad at such a ridiculous comment but I'm happy to explain it to you just this once.

They got Curry for a cheap contract $11m a year, that's what they're paying Danny Green on the Spurs and he's a typical 3 and D player, not a 2 Time MVP. They paid Durant the MAX. Draymond Green is a 2nd round pick (which they also locked up before this year's salary increases). Thompson was also locked up before this year's increases.

There's no reason why players wouldn't join up to increase their chances of winning. Nobody is going to say - oh well we got 1 (or 2) superstars, that's enough, let another team take Butler, Hayward, (insert superstar player here) etc etc. Unless you want the league to do something about it, which they already have by giving player MAX contracts so that realistically teams only have one or two MAX players.

badb0y

Yea, I'm sure they huddled up and called for Zaza to hurt Kawahi's ankle. Did they activate the sleeper agent David Lee as well when Kawahi stepped on his foot the play before?

Ronin Ray

Congrats to my spurs they had a great year and gave it there all. Congrats to the warriors and there fans there simply the better team.

RedEther

I'm looking forward to what your next post will be if GSW wins the title this year lol

This is a "LEGIT" Warriors team. They didn't grab other all-stars just to win a champion lol.
Screen%20Shot%202015-06-17%20at%2012.10.11%20AM_zpskqopr4ro.png

Boogs31

Congrats to my spurs they had a great year and gave it there all. Congrats to the warriors and there fans there simply the better team.

I don't know how you can say that, especially considering you are a Spurs fan. San Antonio completely outplayed the Warriors in game 1 prior to Kawhi getting hurt. The Warriors are definitely the better team when the second best player in the NBA is out with injury. We didn't get to see who was the better team when each were at full strength.

I don't know how you can say that, especially considering you are a Spurs fan. San Antonio completely outplayed the Warriors in game 1 prior to Kawhi getting hurt. The Warriors are definitely the better team when the second best player in the NBA is out with injury. We didn't get to see who was the better team when each were at full strength.

Yea that sounds like some Reddit Karma fishing crap, lol.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

With all that being true, you have to admire their ability to execute the gameplan flawlessly, no? Zaza had one chance and he came through in big way. My only question is who's idea was it to take Kawhi out? The tell all Warriors book is going to be a great read in 20-25 years.

phanphare

Banned
Nah this team cakewalked to the Finals and legit had to face a team where the second best player was Matthew Dellavedova

LMAO

you play who's in front of you

warriors got that chip in 2015 and the cavs got that chip in 2016. both got lucky along the way.

mashoutposse

Ante Up

The Warriors literally performed the same comeback without KD and with Kawhi on the floor at AT&T Center a month and a half ago.

The Spurs deserve credit for blitzing the Warriors to start the series. Warriors deserve credit for an incredible, soul-crushing comeback and doing what they have to do against a squad that just closed out a formidable Rockets team.

Tommy DJ

The Warriors literally performed the same comeback without KD and with Kawhi on the floor at AT&T Center a month and a half ago.

The Spurs deserve credit for blitzing the Warriors to start the series. Warriors deserve credit for an incredible, soul-crushing comeback and doing what they have to do against a squad that just closed out a formidable Rockets team.

As well coached the Spurs can be, that's really, really stretching the truth.

The Houston Rockets managed 9 (nine) 2 point field goals the entire game 6 of that series. While the Spurs played well that game, with Aldridge actually doing something, the collapse was entire due to the Houston Rockets giving up/physically dying because of their low man roster/rotations or choking.

Boogs31

Just because they made a comeback in the regular season with Kawhi on the floor doesn't mean that would have happened in the playoffs. The Warriors went on an 18-0 run IMMEDIATELY after Kawhi left the game. You think that's just a coincidence? Kawhi is the second best player in the NBA and impacts the game enormously on both ends of the floor. Using the regular season comeback as an argument ignores the fact that teams improve and become better and more confident thru their playoff experience. The Spurs were playing the best they've played all year in game 1 right up until the injury.

Sure, I give the Warriors credit for beating the team they are up against. But I fail to understand the idea that you can say with any confidence that the Warriors are definitely the better team when the only evidence we got of both teams at full strength was the Spurs up by 23 points.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Most boring playoffs of this decade.

At least the finals will be interesting.

Would be interested​ to see how the overall playoff TV ratings compare to previous years.

Gigglepoo

Aldridge will be traded on draft night at this rate
Gasol either joins his bro or the loser of the finals
Manu stays one more year

Who would trade for LMA? Bucks were asking for peanuts to dump Monroe and no one would bite. Noel got traded for two seconds. I don't think the Spurs could get anything of value even if another team wanted him.

Real.

Bron gonna avenge SA.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
As well coached the Spurs can be, that's really, really stretching the truth.

The Houston Rockets managed 9 (nine) 2 point field goals the entire game 6 of that series. While the Spurs played well that game, with Aldridge actually doing something, the collapse was entire due to the Houston Rockets giving up/physically dying because of their low man roster/rotations or choking.

Just because they made a comeback in the regular season with Kawhi on the floor doesn't mean that would have happened in the playoffs. The Warriors went on an 18-0 run IMMEDIATELY after Kawhi left the game. You think that's just a coincidence? Kawhi is the second best player in the NBA and impacts the game enormously on both ends of the floor. Using the regular season comeback as an argument ignores the fact that teams improve and become better and more confident thru their playoff experience. The Spurs were playing the best they've played all year in game 1 right up until the injury.

Sure, I give the Warriors credit for beating the team they are up against. But I fail to understand the idea that you can say with any confidence that the Warriors are definitely the better team when the only evidence we got of both teams at full strength was the Spurs up by 23 points.

Fair points. Another year, another asterisk.

Ronin Ray

There going to win the series there the better team. What's the point of playing what if. We will make moves and make a run at it next year. In sports a lot of times teams don't play at full strength. Am I suppose to be salty lol ? Hats off and respect to the warriors

Tommy DJ

Who would trade for LMA? Bucks were asking for peanuts to dump Monroe and no one would bite. Noel got traded for two seconds. I don't think the Spurs could get anything of value even if another team wanted him.

The Spurs definitely can't get anything with Aldridge, the guy is a pure analytical nightmare. No one wants an unreliable long 2 shooting big man currently in the decline of his career. His true shooting this post season isn't bad but it ignore the fact that the guy vanishes for multiple games straight.

Seeing this is the Spurs though, you could trade him for some random 2nd round pick and hope you can develop him into something competent.

Boogs31

It should be amazing for like 10 different reasons. Hoping it all plays out and makes watching all of this domination of each conference worth it in the end!

Even if the Finals are fantastic this will still be a super underwhelming postseason.

Last year we got a great conference semi final series (SA vs. OKC), a great conference finals series (OKC vs. GS), and a great NBA Finals (GS vs. CLE).

This year we got 1 okay conference semi final series (HOU vs. SA). No matter how great the Finals is this shitty postseason will not be worth it in the end.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Even if the Finals are fantastic this will still be a super underwhelming postseason.

Last year we got a great conference semi final series (SA vs. OKC), a great conference finals series (OKC vs. GS), and a great NBA Finals (GS vs. CLE).

This year we got 1 okay conference semi final series (HOU vs. SA). No matter how great the Finals is this shitty postseason will not be worth it in the end.

We will have two juggernauts playing at the top of their respective games meeting for Round 3 of a 1-1 series, with all key players healthy and rested. On top of this, Game 1 may decide who takes their first loss of the postseason.

I think 6 sweeps are worth it to build up to that kind of drama.

Boogs31

There going to win the series there the better team. What's the point of playing what if. We will make moves and make a run at it next year. In sports a lot of times teams don't play at full strength. Am I suppose to be salty lol ? Hats off and respect to the warriors

Just because a team wins the series doesn't mean they were the better team. Just look at the last two NBA Finals. The 2015 Cavs have an argument that they were better than the Warriors but didn't have Love or Irving. The 2016 Warriors have an argument that they were better than the Cavs but they had their best defender suspended for a game and their starting center miss the last couple games.

Were the 2002 Los Angeles Lakers better than the 2002 Sacramento Kings? Even though game 6 is the worst officiated game in NBA history that completely benefited LA?

Things happen in sports that impact the outcome.
Don't have to be salty. It's not even a what if though that Kawhi makes a huge difference in this series. Would the Spurs have been the better team if he didn't get hurt? Maybe not, but I can't sit here and say I know the answer to that question and neither can you.

Ronin Ray

Just because a team wins the series doesn't mean they were the better team. Just look at the last two NBA Finals. The 2015 Cavs have an argument that they were better than the Warriors but didn't have Love or Irving. The 2016 Warriors have an argument that they were better than the Cavs but they had their best defender suspended for a game and their starting center miss the last couple games.

Were the 2002 Los Angeles Lakers better than the 2002 Sacramento Kings? Even though game 6 is the worst officiated game in NBA history that completely benefited LA?

Things happen in sports that impact the outcome.
Don't have to be salty. It's not even a what if though that Kawhi makes a huge difference in this series. Would the Spurs have been the better team if he didn't get hurt? Maybe not, but I can't sit here and say I know the answer to that question and neither can you.

No offense but that is all just endless what ifs. We can have these debates and talks all day and that's ok and fine but for me I stopped doing that. Those conversations don't do anything for me anymore. We're going to get swept and to me the warriors are the better team. My team lost and I don't want to torture myself going down the what if Kawhi didn't get hurt rabbit hole because that will never have an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom