• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen-Shot-2016-06-20-at-2.04.22-PM.png

I think the lack of need to have defensive intensity will hurt the Cavs in the Finals. GSW can shoot and defend, Cavs haven't even been challenged yet.

Tall4Life

I know the Cavs are playing worse right now, but we honestly aren't doing THAT bad without IT so far considering what happened in the first two games. Would it be too much of a hot take to say that IT messes with our system a little bit? We'd get so many turnovers or wasted opportunities because he'd force shots or try to be a hero, but right now they're kind of all playing together and working with the intended system. We miss open shots and all but that's why we're behind the Cavs. But we aren't doing horribly.

spyder_ur

I know the Cavs are playing worse right now, but we honestly aren't doing THAT bad without IT so far considering what happened in the first two games. Would it be too much of a hot take to say that IT messes with our system a little bit? We'd get so many turnovers or wasted opportunities because he'd force shots or try to be a hero, but right now they're kind of all playing together and working with the intended system. We miss open shots and all but that's why we're behind the Cavs. But we aren't doing horribly.

I think it's natural for the team to come together and play a little differently (and sometimes better) when missing a dominant ball handler. But no - they're not better.

I do think playing without him against this level competition is good for some of the younger guys.

I'm so impressed with Jaylen.

Think Shumpert knows he's mic'd up tonight?

Tom Penny

Celtics could get the same 3 looks as the Cavs and shoot hot garbage and did in game 1... That is the difference between talent and average ass players

Slater

Banned
I legit believe the Cav's are a better 3 point shooting team then the Warriors, literally everyone besides TT can make them

jman2050

I'd love to see the stats on the season.

Warriors v Cavs 3 point %.

I think Dubs would come out on top but not by a huge margin?

Cavs 38.4% on 33.9 APG
Warriors 38.3% on 31.3 APG

So Cavs on aggregate were better, but not by much. Oddly enough, the best three point percentage this season was by the Spurs, though on far fewer attempts.

Slater

Banned
Cavs were actually ahead by 0.1% in the regular season, surprisingly.

Shooting 4.1% better in the playoffs.

Cavs 38.4% on 33.9 APG
Warriors 38.3% on 31.3 APG

So Cavs on aggregate were better, but not by much. Oddly enough, the best three point percentage this season was by the Spurs, though on far fewer attempts.

Oh so Bam Bam is talking outta his ass cause he's a hater??? Well at least he's consistent

jman2050

The craziest thing is Houston taking 40.3 threes per game. For reference, the Cavs number I posted was second place on that list.

Moreyball is real.

Slater

Banned
KLove's consistent ability to bend the Celtics over a table is how you know some form of justice exists in this cruel uncaring world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom